Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Aarong222
15379 posts Moderator
edited November 2018
Black Friday has been a huge event in recent years for FIFA and with EA's content team being in full force this year so far I can't see it going missed, especially with the huge TOTW we have seen somewhat forced upon us. IF's have to be the focus with so really cheap options taking my eye.

bc24afd7d371fe6120611bc7599cfb45.png

The above are the investments I find to be value. They all are primarily for BF SBC's however I do think an MLS POTY is around the corner and from that we could see a very usable player from which I hope an MLS IF will be needed. Orban is currently the cheapest 82 rated IF which is good on its own but with Bundesliga POTM we could see huge rises on him and the same applies for Rondon and the Prem.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for lost coins, this is my personal stance on the market
Post edited by Aarong222 on

Comments

• Aarong222
    15379 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Marquee matchup predictions:

There is no guarantee that MM's will be present at this date, however, I believe that the first will be during the weekend of the 29th and thus have based the potential options around this.

Main four predicted:

I feel as though the selected games will come from the main leagues this week with cards not being readily available and coins being limited I can't see a majority silver/bronze side being involved however I have added them as considerations.

Chelsea vs Liverpool: Both sides have started the season with 100% records

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid: Madrid Derby

Roma v Lazio: Derby della Capitale

Juventus v Napoli Not the biggest rivalry but two big sides in Italy with reasons as stated above coming into consideration

Other options:

Club Brugge v Cercle Brugge: Brugge derby

Guadalajara v Club America: El Súper Clásico

Olympiakos v PAOK

• Aarong222
    15379 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    TOTW Predictions:

TOTW, especially in the early weeks/months play a big part in investing with potential candidates being scarce resulting in a demand higher than the availability and thus pushing prices up. Alongside OTW items.

JfNUffl.jpg
    totw-5-predictions-players-ratings.jpg
    https://www.futhead.com/news/totw-predictions/1985/fut-19-totw-5-stats-players-ratings/
  • Aarong222
    15379 posts Moderator
    Dasco's 101 for efficient Investing & completing Squad Building challenges

Hello and welcome to my short guide on making the most of your Squad building challenges. For the new players amongst us, Squad building challenges, which is commonly referred to as "SBC's", are optional tasks set by EA which can provide an assortment of different rewards such as packs, coins & unique players to name but a few.

Now the advice I'll be giving isn't designed to earn you millions of coins in the short term, it's designed to save coins and in turn make yourself prepared for a wide variety of potential SBC requirements. As someone who had a pack only thread last year, I did a lot of SBC's and also earned millions through the simple advice I'll be providing below. I'll be posting trading advice as well, however this is more of a guide and isn't designed for "spoon feeding" purposes, it's designed to help you find the marquee players, invest and make those coins before others realise!
    THE BASICS - REQUIREMENTS & SAVING COINS/PLAYERS
    So to start off with, the first tip is simply to take a moment to review the requirements of an SBC. That may seem somewhat obvious, however it's incredible how often that users can mis-read a requirement, wasting time making a team that was never going to work or use players far more expensive or higher rated than the required minimum set out by EA. If you're able to digest requirements in a flash, then this will benefit you greatly for when new SBC's are released that have more unusual requirements.

I've listed a few examples below of what to look out for when reviewing SBC requirements
    * Minimum Rating - Don't submit a team higher rated than required. This is likely losing you coins.
    * Minimum card type - Look to see if your SBC is min.gold, min.silver, min.bronze or isn't stated. Being able to get rid of lower rated players will save you coins and future SBC fodder!
    * Nationality/league requirements - Self explanatory, however try to think outside the box with these requirements. Brazil/Argentina are two examples of very common nations used in such SBC's that could be massively inflated whereas you'd be able to complete the same SBC with slightly more obscure nations.
    * Sub SBCs - By this, I mean when you need to complete multiple SBC's within a category in order to receive the main reward, such as league SBC's. Costs and players should ideally be sorted out beforehand!
    * The Reward - Not a requirement to complete I'm aware, but always be wary of the cost of the players you're putting in as opposed to what the game is giving out. It's not rocket science to know you're getting a bad deal when you've spent 25K on players to earn a pack of significantly less value
    * CHECK WHAT YOU'RE SUBMITTING PRIOR TO ACCEPTING -- None of us want to see you stick in Messi and not realise until after you've already submitted the SBC. Take a moment to check all the players submitted prior to agreeing to avoid heartache. Simple stuff, however it's an easy mistake, especially when using the squad builder!

Along with the above, you'll also want to identify what are the absolute locked requirements. By this, I mean by a card that a lot of people are going to need in order to complete the SBC. For example, if an SBC requires an inform, you'll want to quickly identify whether any inform will do or if it needs to be gold or a certain nationality. Belgian informs completely skyrocketed from around 50k min to over 200k last year as it was absolutely mandatory for the completion of the SBC. As another example, when the SBC Suarez was announced, I quickly realised that you needed a high rated special Atletico special card in order to complete the SBC. I invested heavily in IF Gamiero's and haloween Luis's and tripled my investment in less than an hour once people caught on.

Being able to spot these is a massive part of being successful in the investing portion of SBC's, however that's not the only way of making coins from SBC's!

My next point won't be nearly as long winded, however this is for those that like to do the majority of SBC's while making a guaranteed steady income of coins. My second tip is a method I call "stacking". To explain stacking in simple terms, it's just about having a large pool of players in your club. Again, this isn't anything crazy, however when a player is a requirement for an SBC, it's natural that demand rises and supply falls in most cases. The point of stacking is to fill your club with players where there's high supply and low prices and await for SBC's that they're needed, in particular the Marquee matchups.

My thesis with stacking is that when relevant SBC's come round, you should be able to use players in them and earn rewards, however, as you've prepared and covered yourself with a high quantity of players from certain leagues & nations, you're making a resale value on a high volume of players. This was particularly true of silver players at the start of Fifa 17 as silver players were very rare compared to bronzes & golds. These would be my recommendations of what to invest in - It's up to you to pick and choose as early game you'll be on a budget.
    * - Main Leagues - Players from the "top 5" leagues will frequently have Marquee matchups that will artificially boost their prices. It's always worth doing research on when big derbies will happen, although we'll be covering our picks on this thread!
    * Popular nations in obscure leagues - By this, I mean nations such as Brazil, Argentina & France that have players represented in the majority of the leagues. These are the players that are most volatil to price hikes in certain SBC scenarios, especially when combined with overall rating.
    * Positions - Dependant on the SBC, some positions based on requirements may end up at a premium. LB/RB's and wingers are normally strong contenders for these trends, however can differ from SBC to SBC
    * Ratings - An obvious one, however if you're able to pick up 80+ players for discard or slightly above, then definitely do it! Higher rated SBC's can see higher OVR players drastically increase in price, especially for special SBC's such as guaranteed inform packs or league SBC's for premium players.

Now the above of course isn't exhaustive, however having such information should help you make an informed decision when deciding who's a good investment & likely to rise as opposed to those that may not. Again with the above, the more your club is "stacked" then the better and who doesn't appreciate doing an SBC and still making coins regardless of the reward you get? The more the better applies well with this method.

Full credit goes to @Dasco for this post
  • Aarong222
    15379 posts Moderator
    Reserved for future use
  • pedro___
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thank you Aarong.
    I miss this thread.
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    :shifty:
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    B) B) B) good luck this year all. may we make the best investment decisions
  • Tommygunn
    3013 posts National Call-Up
    Would be good if there was some rhyme or reason to MM this year. Last year was a shambles
  • always sell in the hype :)
  • Tommygunn
    luckyme wrote: »
    always sell in the hype :)

For small profits yeh. The Aussie MM, the polish MM, Juventus gold Italian players mm etc all proved if you hold your nerve there’s ridiculous money to be made.

I made 500k off the Aussie one alone as I had bought all the players in prep for the league plus stacked some in TL in prep for the MM just in case
  • Tommygunn wrote: »
    luckyme wrote: »
    always sell in the hype :)

For small profits yeh. The Aussie MM, the polish MM, Juventus gold Italian players mm etc all proved if you hold your nerve there’s ridiculous money to be made.

I made 500k off the Aussie one alone as I had bought all the players in prep for the league plus stacked some in TL in prep for the MM just in case

I remember that one week where all the Melbourne players were 10k. Hectic.
  • I have decided to stop lurking and join in on the discussion, I will try to help keep the trolls away as well!
  • Tommygunn
    As long as Lambo doesn’t make an appearance :o
  • Iyzo_
    57 posts Park Captain
    Tommygunn wrote: »

Please, no.. you’d hope he’s matured slightly from last year!
  • CeeQue
    9893 posts League Winner

He still around
  • Tommygunn
    CeeQue wrote: »

He still around

Not sure had lost interest not too long after he started derailing the thread with his madness but I am back on the hype train so hopefully he doesn’t derail me
  • Pxul_
    6815 posts Big Money Move
    Can you do me a favour an capitalise the official in the title.

I don’t think a year of it being uneven is good for anyone
  • munchie63
    2723 posts Fans' Favourite
    here we go again hands up who said they weren't returning lol
  • Tintin80 wrote: »
    I have decided to stop lurking and join in on the discussion, I will try to help keep the trolls away as well!

Same here, I've always lurked around this thread and picked up lots of good advice. Hopefully I can contribute and help everyone out this year!
  • hiya
    1295 posts Professional
    munchie63 wrote: »
    here we go again hands up who said they weren't returning lol

not sure yet.

web app / phone app out later?
  • Aarong222
    15379 posts Moderator
    Will we ever see the web app?
  • Aarong222
    15379 posts Moderator
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    Will we ever see the web app?

Yes we will
  • anyone know what date the potm will be released?
  • Hey everyone, good to see the thread back for another year! Hope you all fared well in your welcome back packs, though I highly doubt it given the awful nature of the all players packs.

Thanks OP, glad to see the thread return - that's a solid beginner's guide too.

My earliest advice would be to complete the basic/advanced SBCs as soon as you possibly can (preferably in the next day) just to beat the mad rush. Last year, we saw almost every common card at discard price for the first 1-2 days, then the pertinent ones (Argentina, Brazil, France 78-80 rated cards) rise to upwards of 1k. Looks like we've got a similar pattern this year as the common cards are dirt cheap at the moment, with everyone flooding the market with the contents of their welcome back packs (as they're mostly common items).

Rares are going for a premium right now - fullbacks and wingers from the big leagues/nations are insanely expensive, so be vigilant when doing your SBCs. Be careful of position modifiers too, CM-CDM for example is nearly 2k (it was 200 coins almost the whole of last year). I personally didn't pay more than 2.7k for any card in all of the SBCs, so there SHOULD be a way around using the absurdly expensive players.

In terms of cheap investments/quick flips, common cards should be a good prospect IMO. Guys like the 81 Cahill, 82 Oscar are travelling for 450-500 coins at the moment and there's just no way they'll stay this low for more than a few days
  • talhadaji wrote: »
    anyone know what date the potm will be released?

Last year we saw POTM Mane the first weekend after the full release. They logically wouldn't do it while we only have early access as there's just not enough items on the market, until everyone begins to spend FP and generates match coins. I'd expect it to be next weekend (29th-30th) if last year, and logic, is anything to go by
  • Currieman
    4848 posts National Call-Up
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    talhadaji wrote: »
    anyone know what date the potm will be released?

Last year we saw POTM Mane the first weekend after the full release. They logically wouldn't do it while we only have early access as there's just not enough items on the market, until everyone begins to spend FP and generates match coins. I'd expect it to be next weekend (29th-30th) if last year, and logic, is anything to go by

I would imagine that POTM Lucas will be released either on release day or the Friday after.
  • KRANG00
    1431 posts Professional

Didn't anyone learn last year!! Don't say his name or he just appears like beetlejuice :#
  • hiya
    1295 posts Professional
    on the basic sbc - lets move forward it say 80 overall gold rated player.
    but i got all 78s etc ?

am i not reading it right or games bad already?
  • ragesh91
    1153 posts Professional
    hiya wrote: »
    on the basic sbc - lets move forward it say 80 overall gold rated player.
    but i got all 78s etc ?

am i not reading it right or games bad already?

Think it said upto 80
  • Iwan1807
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think the first MMs will be on 2nd October as the full game won't be out till then.