THE FUT 19 DISCARD IF TRADING THREAD

FootyFootyFootball
2595 posts Fans' Favourite
edited September 2018
Here we go again! Someone has to get the ball rolling so I've copied and pasted the wording from last year. Lets keep it civil and help each other out.

Happy hunting.

Link to Fifa 18 thread: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/306723/the-fut-18-discard-if-trading-thread/p1

Welcome to The IF Trading Thread for Ultimate Team 19!

How does this method work?
It mainly involves bulk-buying of a certain IF and listing at a higher price in order to catch lazy buyers, players who don’t understand the market and, in general, those who do not search for lowest prices for players. It works through filling a minimum of one page on the market with your higher-priced cards. This is not a price-fix. Numerous other, lower-priced, cards will be available.

How do I take part?
It’s quite simple. Identify a player in the current TOTW that you feel will be a popular seller. Look for things like popular leagues or nations, position changes, lower-rated cards with high stats or anything else that you think will be attractive to buyers. Buy a number of this card - the more, the better - and list for a higher price. Aim to fill at least one page of the market. List all of you cards for an hour and relist every hour. If you wish, relist for six or twelve hours overnight but this is not essential. Once you sell a card, reinvest in another of the same player until you are happy to move on from him. Take pictures of any sales and post in this thread to keep up the morale and give others ideas. This is not the place for secretive investments. This method works best when there are numerous people doing it as there will be more cards at our higher prices on the market.

How much should I have before starting?
I would recommend at least 100k - enough to buy a full page of a lower-priced IFs. Start small, with small profits, and work your way up to the big money. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Focus on one player and make some money on him, then diversify to two, three and so on. The good thing is this method is transferrable. If you don’t have 100k, start with popular non-IFs and use the same principle this operates on until you reach 100k.

Are there any things I should look out for?
Bear in mind that some factors help cards sell quicker than others. At the beginning, things like 99 contracts, Hunter/Shadow chemistry styles or position changes are desirable. As cards go out of packs and become rarer, fresh cards are the big sellers. Always buy fresh when you are stocking up, where possible, as they prove to be the best sellers.

What price should I list my cards for?
Previously, we tried to stick to standard prices for players. It didn’t work. Impatient forumers got anxious and started undercutting. Last year, each worked to their own prices. Personally, I generally aim for 50% profit on what I paid. For example, if I buy 10 cards at 10k each, I will list them for between 15000 and 16500 each. This would average at about 15k per card after tax (not exactly!), giving me 5k profit per card. It’s always a good idea to vary your prices slightly as some people will avoid buying a card when they see 13 or 14 at the same price in a row. Change the BIN slightly for each card. Keep your margins in line with the price you paid, and always bear tax in mind. Don't list a card you bought for 100k for 105k. By doing so, you'll actually be losing 250 coins each sale. Go for 120-125k. This will give a profit of 15k on average. Change your figures to suit the prices of cards you are dealing with.

What if my card doesn’t sell?
If you post regularly, you’ll see me and others post regularly about patience. Along with luck, it’s the most important factor. Every IF, no matter how undesirable, rises eventually. Give it a month or two and prices will naturally rise to near your higher price. If you bought all fresh, that’ll make up the extra few thousand to make your card’s once inflated price now become its actual worth.

Is this method for me?
It all boils down to a few factors. If you are patient and can put up with having large amounts of coins tied up in your transfer pile for extended periods, it’s a great, low-effort way to make lots of coins! If you can’t hack that, you’re better off doing something else. Similarly, if you don’t think you can face hitting relist every hour, or not selling a card for a week and a half, you’re best off finding another method.

Does this method work?
Undoubtedly! I spent way too much money in FPs in 13 and 14. Come 15, I resolved to learn a trading method to cut my spending. I found IF trading and haven’t looked back since! Over previous years, I’ve made millions, and can post pictures of my final clubs from those games to prove this is a brilliant way to make coins. Admittedly, I did spend about €150 each release day, and will do so again this year, in order to get a decent head start but this is not necessary. Coin boosts, playing games, other trading methods and tournament wins will soon get you the 100-or-so thousand you need to start this!

I think I’ve covered all the basics here. Anything I forgot let me know and I’ll add it! Go easy on me though - this is my first guide after all! :lol:

To those who are new to this method, please feel free to ask questions. There are loads of us here who are happy to help. The only things that won’t be tolerated/won’t get a decent response are posts moaning about how this method is ****, posts complaining that none of your cards are selling, posts which ask the same question repeatedly or ignore answers that aren’t what the poster wants to hear and any others of this ilk. We’ve seen it all before and, in the end, the ones who help each other out and do things right are the winners in the end. To the old hands, hope this year is as fruitful as previous years, and the very best of luck to everyone!
Post edited by FootyFootyFootball on

Comments

• CeeQue
    10783 posts Has That Special Something
    Lets crack on pinned
  • Skinz2k15
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ready for another year! Bring it on!
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    Might wanna update it to 19, got a few 18 here and there ;)
  • FootyFootyFootball
    krappen07 wrote: »

Fixed (I think).

I'll be honest, I just wanted the discussion started and didn't pay too much attention haha
  • krappen07
    krappen07 wrote: »

Fixed (I think).

I'll be honest, I just wanted the discussion started and didn't pay too much attention haha

Great! Now all you have to do is fix the title of the thread, and you're good to go ;) B)
  • FootyFootyFootball
    Haven’t the foggiest what you’re on about 😉
  • Ronaldo
    3746 posts National Call-Up
    Man this thread goes back huh, I wonder how many of the OG'S are still around. I remember this thread being started by a guy who got banned a month later, in like fifa 14-15.
  • ha032742
    35026 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Hopefully this works as well as it did in FIFA 15, 16 &17 :+1:
  • Tommygunn
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    ha032742 wrote: »

Always the worry ea find a way to break a good method
  • ha032742
    35026 posts Moderator
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »

Always the worry ea find a way to break a good method

I felt it wasn’t as effective last year as market was just flooded due to repeatable SBCs and WL rewards etc.
  • krappen07
    The term "lazy-buyer", which this trading method is built upon, was coined by Ldawg28. One of the true OG when it comes to investing game on UT.

If you are new to investing, Ldawg is one of the very, very few I can recommend as trustworthy.
    My man is still streaming on twitch, you can catch his stream or watch his past broadcasts.

Besides his streams are also very entertaining :)
  • RBailss
    11801 posts Has That Special Something
    Converting over from Xbox this year... Used this method for years, always my go to.
  • Sellish
    8920 posts League Winner
    RBailss wrote: »
    Converting over from Xbox this year... Used this method for years, always my go to.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408256/if-trading-guide#latest

Your welcome friend.

(Ps. We're making more money over there then here.)
  • Skinz2k15
    Looking forward to using this method again alongside other methods! Just now want to get trading!!
  • RBailss
    11801 posts Has That Special Something
    Sellish wrote: »
    RBailss wrote: »

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408256/if-trading-guide#latest

Your welcome friend.

(Ps. We're making more money over there then here.)

@Sellish I was the one who created that thread :joy: I'm moving from Xbox to PS4 though.
  • boomtw3
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Might not work this year. WL is now 30 games which means more people can finish 30 games and weekly rewards of player picks from totw. Even gold get 2 player picks from totw. Which means you can pick 4 players from the totw.
    Each player pick you can pick 2 players from 5 options. So even if there is no top player, i would only pick the ones who would be more useful in sbc reducing their prices in the market.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    It'll always work imo. Worked before WL and will work after it's gone.

Not every player will have the time to play 30 games as that's still a big commitment for the average gamer, granted you will have more but it won't suddenly accelerate to the level where IFs can't be traded with.
  • jjij
    66 posts Park Captain
    boomtw3 wrote: »
    Might not work this year. WL is now 30 games which means more people can finish 30 games and weekly rewards of player picks from totw. Even gold get 2 player picks from totw. Which means you can pick 4 players from the totw.
    Each player pick you can pick 2 players from 5 options. So even if there is no top player, i would only pick the ones who would be more useful in sbc reducing their prices in the market.

Always will work if you are patient, people will have more coins with rewards and rivals. More coins in the market = more lazy buyers. If you don't think it'll work try discard IF's first won't lose anything.
  • jjij
    66 posts Park Captain
    Going to monitor Lasogga, Fraser, Sidnei and Alvaro prices, probably won't have enough coins to invest heavy in any TOTW 1.
  • CeeQue
    edited September 2018
    Who arw we going after lads? Lozano for my team but Fraser and those pacey wingers seem like no brainers.
  • jjij
    66 posts Park Captain
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Who arw we going after lads? Lozano for my team but Fraser and those pacey wingers seem like no brainers.

Fraser 100% makes sense to me. Lozano wont be cheap but looks class.
  • Skinz2k15
    Yeah going to pick up a cancelo for my Serie A team. Will look to get a couple of lozanos (price dependent) as I can see him shooting up and then keep an eye on any going near discard.
  • Tommygunn
    The issue with Fraser is he’s still only an 81. There isn’t stacks of cash lying around at this stage and you could theoretically get a higher rated gold for less.

When I use this method I tend to stick to good league good nation central position. The only way I break this is by picking them up at discard in which case it’s a no loss
  • CeeQue
    The issue with Fraser is he’s still only an 81. There isn’t stacks of cash lying around at this stage and you could theoretically get a higher rated gold for less.

When I use this method I tend to stick to good league good nation central position. The only way I break this is by picking them up at discard in which case it’s a no loss

EPL POTM almost always use Prem IF's. Plus he should be discard.
  • Tommygunn

Very few of TOTW 1 are discard just due to the low numbers that are packed. Look at Valencia from last years albeit I’m not saying Fraser will be anything as desirable or anything like the price but he was hugely inflated
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    That cancelo will rocket
  • Oscaaaar
    1227 posts Professional
    That cancelo will rocket

Probably won't be discard, but surely a great investment.
  • CeeQue

Very few of TOTW 1 are discard just due to the low numbers that are packed. Look at Valencia from last years albeit I’m not saying Fraser will be anything as desirable or anything like the price but he was hugely inflated

Thats a bad example plus he was the best RB (stat wise) for a few months. Fraser should be packed a ton due to people open loads on day 1 to gather enough coins.

If not some of the other Wingers should be BINed. Plus I try to gather 1/2 of each IF. If any become last year's Bakambu/Ruo Patricio I'll be set for a good while.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    That cancelo will rocket

• Dazzler
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    Click bait