The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Orison
    46344 posts FIFA Cover Star
    WL games do contribute towards rivals and you can earn rival rewards by playing WL.

Getting div 1 rival rewards for only playing WL and not touching the game during the week, amazing.
  • Mike
    9681 posts League Winner
    Might actually play WL now
  • Dan is Clutch
    23906 posts Club Captain
    Gg EA. You did good. Baffles me why we had to wait until 1 day before EA Access to find this stuff out but that’s another topic.

The only thing I’m not fully understanding is the rewards. So these player pick packs we get, will they be from the totw at the time? Or what?
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gg EA. You did good. Baffles me why we had to wait until 1 day before EA Access to find this stuff out but that’s another topic.

The only thing I’m not fully understanding is the rewards. So these player pick packs we get, will they be from the totw at the time? Or what?

I’d imagine from that week
  • Orison
    That matchmaking system is truly baffling.

If I understand it correctly they basically match you exclusively based on your streak. So you could be 20-0, lose once and suddenly you are on 0 form and can match someone who also just lost and is on 0 form, but might be 10-15.
  • Skittles67
    edited September 2018
    The elite 1 rewards in that picture from the stream means 5 individual player picks cos then it falls in line with the 20 reds you’d usually get for e1 monthly.

Guess overall we will get less red cards but getting the choice is much better
  • Skittles67
    Orison wrote: »

If I understand it correctly they basically match you exclusively based on your streak. So you could be 20-0, lose once and suddenly you are on 0 form and can match someone who also just lost and is on 0 form, but might be 10-15.

Yh that’s exactly what it says lol, surely it’s more complex than that ( I hope)
  • Mike
    9681 posts League Winner

No, it's like goal difference. If you're 20-0 and you lose a game your form will be +19
  • EddieFicio
    20636 posts Club Captain
    Matchmaking has not changed. they just "clarified". We all know how stupid MM was in 18.
  • Primal
    4264 posts National Call-Up
    happy they've done something finally. I know it's not the perfect fix for everyone but atleast it's a change.
  • FknPitsy
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The example they gave for matchmaking was a little ambiguous. They should have had 2 examples, so you could definitely tell which way it was. The way @Mike explained it was the best way, but the way they gave the example could mean it works the other way too, but I doubt it.
  • Orison
    Mike wrote: »

No, it's like goal difference. If you're 20-0 and you lose a game your form will be +19

That is definitely not how matchmaking works.

Dunno if you ever reached your goal for monthlies and then started giving away free wins. I did and on 18-15 EA gave me someone on 33-0.

I'm not buying them matching people on form only or atleast form doesn't work like goal difference :D
  • Skittles67
    Yh the example they gave us pretty trash, not the best explanation
  • Skittles67
    Maybe WL and rivals is gonna count towards who goes to events and not just WL, just can’t see them basing it only just 30 games a week
  • MisterJV
    10768 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Matchmaking has not changed. they just "clarified". We all know how stupid MM was in 18.

yeah , Hilarious
  • Wattagunt
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Obviously can't speak about this year so they may make it this 'form' matchmaking. Last year as others have pointed out it was certainly not that, I recall a time I was around 27-6 and then being matched up with three top 100 guys in a row losing all three when they were all unbeaten.

• Dan is Clutch
    23906 posts Club Captain

I can never tell when Bates is being serious but I wonder what he’s talking about here.
  • MisterJV
    Burnt out with the WL anyways . Additions to rewards will have alot of us with super teams by Xmas .
  • Orison

I can never tell when Bates is being serious but I wonder what he’s talking about here.

Waiting for fut champions champions at this point.

Doubt they let qualification run on a 30 game WL, with people hitting 30s there would be too much luck involved, because they never explained how skill rating works and how you increase it.
    Wattagunt wrote: »
    Obviously can't speak about this year so they may make it this 'form' matchmaking. Last year as others have pointed out it was certainly not that, I recall a time I was around 27-6 and then being matched up with three top 100 guys in a row losing all three when they were all unbeaten.

They didn't change matchmaking. I have no idea why so many people on twitter talk about pros not being able to dodge each other. It's the exact same system, they just tried to explain it :joy:
  • MisterJV
    in 18 I played the same people every weekend , matchmaking is awful & broken here in the NA . Changes to WL may bring the casuals back to the game mode . Let's see how it goes
  • EddieFicio
    20636 posts Club Captain
    Lmfao yeah youll be easily able to cherry pick. They didnt write about new matchmaking. Just how it works according to them
  • Orison
    edited September 2018

Still wondering how these super weird match-ups especially during your last 10 games happen then.

How does 28-5 match 18-15 for example. Maybe they struggle for find someone with the exact same form during the later stages and their algorithm of increasing the search radius is screwed or so.
  • Skittles67

Still wondering how these super weird match-ups especially during your last 10 games happen then.

How does 28-5 match 18-15 for example. Maybe they struggle for find someone with the exact same form during the later stages and their algorithm of increasing the search radius is screwed or so.

Maybe connection is prioritised
  • BrentfordFC
    11140 posts Has That Special Something
    So who is gunna be da first one to get their name in the title ? :trollface:
  • MisterJV

oh lala ?
  • BrentfordFC
    11140 posts Has That Special Something
    MisterJV wrote: »

oh lala ?

Who is that scrub club? :trollface:
  • Rb10119
    1826 posts Play-Off Hero
    30 game hypee take my money EA
  • Any tym7
    1378 posts Professional
    30 game wl is the best thing ea couldve done 40 was killing the game mode