The Semi-g00d FIFA Addict Experience

Comments

• VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Ah, wondered why the tag was necessary - "clean new forum" time.

Time running down, but still undecided … haven't pre-ordered as yet.

Your forum needs you...

kitchs-419446.jpg

Cool … I can see who liked this … looking at you as well @mjs4p.

Does it count if I'm on the forum, in the "OT: PES" XBCC thread, playing on a PS4 :tongue: ?
  • Knowlesdinho
    10071 posts Has That Special Something

Your forum needs you...

kitchs-419446.jpg

Does it count if I'm on the forum, in the "OT: PES" XBCC thread, playing on a PS4 :tongue: ?

Lord Kitchener views that the same way as he views conscientious objection!
  • VanBasten12

Your forum needs you...

kitchs-419446.jpg

Ok, okay … order the damn thing! :lol:

Not saying on which console though …
  • Knowlesdinho

Your forum needs you...

kitchs-419446.jpg

Ok, okay … order the damn thing! :lol:

Not saying on which console though …

See kids, history can play a part in Fifa. :joy:
  • mjs4p
    11073 posts Has That Special Something

Your forum needs you...

kitchs-419446.jpg

Oh I’m here, reporting for duty! :D
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    @VanBasten12
    I really like how your timing of your announcement of retiring and then coming back coincided with those of Kurt.....

Lol. Glad to have you my friend!!!
  • Tof33z
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    If this requires that you play like Edward Scissorhands would then yep, I'm in
  • VanBasten12
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @VanBasten12
    I really like how your timing of your announcement of retiring and then coming back coincided with those of Kurt.....

Lol. Glad to have you my friend!!!

:lol: … I. AM. KURT.

… not.

It's pretty that PES is not on dedicated servers, must admit. They've got some things right!
  • Lol. Glad you got it hahah @VanBasten12
    @Knowlesdinho I accidentally deleted your like of the post Hahahaha. Darn mod powers.
  • Knowlesdinho
    Absting159 wrote: »
    Lol. Glad you got it hahah @VanBasten12
    @Knowlesdinho I accidentally deleted your like of the post Hahahaha. Darn mod powers.

Reported :trollface:
  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m ready.
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner
    I'm back and worse than ever :D
  • Ventieeeeee
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah lets do this!!

i go with the 12k never done that before but hopefully it will give me a good start.

Here are some off my goals this year.
    My main icon goal is: Cruyff
    My squad battle goal is: top 10
    Weekend league i want to get: Elite
    Rivals: will be really interesting how rivals turns out with rewards hopefully its good. My aim will be reaching div1
    My team goal this year is to go full icon.

i know some off the goals seems high but it will be interesting how close i have came at the end off fifa 19

I would also like to start streaming this year just for fun I'm slowly getting everything ready for that.

Good luck to all that are doing this may the fifa gods be with you <3
  • @Ventieeeeee I like the goals. I may do the same thing!!!! Need to be realistic as I’m terrible hahaha.
  • mjs4p
    11073 posts Has That Special Something
    @Ventieeeeee

I love the ambition. I don’t know your level but those are some lofty goals for most of us! :D
  • Ventieeeeee
    @Absting159 @mjs4p

Need to aim big lads :D
  • Ventieeeeee
    edited September 2018
    There is talk that the weekend league is not 40 games anymore but 35 or 30. This is game changing if true.

Or they lowered the ranks. Elite 3 is only 23 wins now. I wouldnt mind that aswell if it is still 40 games :D :D

It's seems that all primes are in packs aswell from the start what a news if all is true. NOW IM HYPED!
  • Finesse_4days
    6801 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah lets do this!!

i go with the 12k never done that before but hopefully it will give me a good start.

Rivals: will be really interesting how rivals turns out with rewards hopefully its good. My aim will be reaching div1

i know some off the goals seems high but it will be interesting how close i have came at the end off fifa 19

I would also like to start streaming this year just for fun I'm slowly getting everything ready for that.

I think your in the wrong thread mate that doesn't seem very nooby what so ever
  • PelzyWelzy
    9283 posts League Winner
    If I don't improve on my performances in the demo I'll snap peoples hands off for a G3 finish during the year at this point :joy:

Not sure what's happened to me the past couple of months but I ain't half gone backwards game-play wise. Not playing half as much as I used to which is probably not helping but man, do I suck.

Feel about Div 8 standard atm :joy:
  • Ventieeeeee
    Yeah lets do this!!

It's just a goal I would like to reach. Last year I played weekend league and I ended 18-20 in first try.. Then slowly got better and did reach elite 3 at 1 point. So it makes sense to make that a goal again. And I did reach top 10 in squad battle after struggling to get in there for a long time.

Im just hoping I can improve again over the year like last year. That why is say aim big and have long term goals.
  • Finesse_4days
    edited September 2018
    Yeah lets do this!!

It's just a goal I would like to reach. Last year I played weekend league and I ended 18-20 in first try.. Then slowly got better and did reach elite 3 at 1 point. So it makes sense to make that a goal again. And I did reach top 10 in squad battle after struggling to get in there for a long time.

Im just hoping I can improve again over the year like last year. That why is say aim big and have long term goals.

Fair enough, my best was 26 -12 with a Dc loss and many games lost due to being unable to defend basic exploits like kick offs and near post corners I'm hoping to learn to defend properly this year because last year I would either win 4 3 or 5 4 or loose 5 4 when up against decent players. DO you have to spank the AI on Ultimate and get like 3000 points a game to get top 10? or just scrape wins consistently on ultimate to get top 10 in squad battles because that is pretty impressive.
  • Ventieeeeee
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    If I don't improve on my performances in the demo I'll snap peoples hands off for a G3 finish during the year at this point :joy:

Not sure what's happened to me the past couple of months but I ain't half gone backwards game-play wise. Not playing half as much as I used to which is probably not helping but man, do I suck.

I have the same I stopped playing fifa 18 almost 4 months ago. Played a game on the fifa 19 demo against a friend who never plays fifa and he draw and beat me :D :D
    Feels like I have to get used to game again hopefully that will happen fast.

Beginning off fifa 18 I was horrible too so there is hope!
  • PelzyWelzy
    9283 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018

I have the same I stopped playing fifa 18 almost 4 months ago. Played a game on the fifa 19 demo against a friend who never plays fifa and he draw and beat me :D :D

Yeah man, think I had a bit of a torrid time at start of 18 to so indeed... hope is there. Haha.

Anyone else struggling with the demo?

Am winning most games (legendary) but there's no flow to attacking whatsoever. Everything's scrappy. Feel like my timing's all off, players are off balance, am passing to the AI an awful lot, can't skill.

I played PES for a bit recently and sucked hard at that, but swear I'm even worse at Fifa in my current state :smiley:

Can hardly pass any of the training levels ffs :joy:
  • Finesse_4days
    edited September 2018

Yeah man, think I had a bit of a torrid time at start of 18 to so indeed... hope is there. Haha.

Anyone else struggling with the demo?

Am winning most games (legendary) but there's no flow to attacking whatsoever. Everything's scrappy. Feel like my timing's all off, players are off balance, am passing to the AI an awful lot, can't skill.

I played PES for a bit recently and sucked hard at that, but swear I'm even worse at Fifa in my current state :smiley:

Can hardly pass any of the training levels ffs :joy:

The demo is nothing like Fut going off the online versions I am seeing on YouTube so don't worry if it is like Fut I'm not playing any fut as it's slow and horrible.
  • Ventieeeeee
    edited September 2018
    Yeah lets do this!!

Fair enough, my best was 26 -12 with a Dc loss and many games lost due to being unable to defend basic exploits like kick offs and near post corners I'm hoping to learn to defend properly this year because last year I would either win 4 3 or 5 4 or loose 5 4 when up against decent players. DO you have to spank the AI on Ultimate and get like 3000 points a game to get top 10? or just scrape wins consistently on ultimate to get top 10 in squad battles because that is pretty impressive.

At the time I got top 10 you needed 125k points. That is almost 2800 points per game. I did play all games on ultimate and I think I lost 4 and still got in top 10. So playing on ultimate is the best way. On legendary you would have to win everything and max out everything. When i got the top 10 I moved to online and I noticed my defending improved a lot and my mental side because I didn't get angry anymore. No one can cheat like ultimate AI :D. So online felled very relaxed after all the cheating you get in offline.

Overall it made me a better player and ready for online play.

It's looking like rivals will be very good for rewards so I may just focus on that and not touch SB this time.
  • Parlabane
    294 posts Sunday League Hero
    Semi-N00b is several levels above me.
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My favourite thread of last year, glad it's been recreated!

I will be joining in here even thought I've been lured over to the PS4.

Since we are talking goals here are a few:

- first big player: Griezmann. I really clicked with high/high strikers last year so I'm one of the few who is glad he has changed!

- get a prime icon: who this will be and whether I trade to buy one or do an SBC I don't know but I never managed to get a prime icon last year so keen to have one to build my team around.

- WL: finish consistently in G2. I could get G3 fairly regularly and scraped into G2 a couple times - need to make the next step!
  • Knowlesdinho
    I’m doing no FPs, just grinding from scratch. Will probably do my usual of using a peasant team for 4 weeks.

Still undecided about stacking packs until a decent promo comes along.
  • CovLee_Candice
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Count me in fun and noob fifa player here
  • Let me clarify - Semi-N00b - means you can complain and vent and not have the top players in the forum tell you how easy it is to do better. If they do they’ll be asked to not post here. Lol.

That’s it. Haha.