Timed shooting, pointless.

RUS_PreDaToR
3292 posts National Call-Up
edited September 2018
Whats the point in it? Hard to pull of and dont really notice any difference from a standard shot. No one will use it

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    It's useful when there's distance between the ball and the player so you have enough time to pull it off, like when the ball's in the air from a cross or a corner clearance, or when running (because of the heavier touches) so you can set up a long shot.
    In the box, with the ball on the ground, there's no point risking it.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    It's useful when there's distance between the ball and the player so you have enough time to pull it off, like when the ball's in the air from a cross or a corner clearance, or when running (because of the heavier touches) so you can set up a long shot.

I tried it vs ameture ai and it still felt like i didnt have enough time to pull it off.
  • MehmetISuarezI
    3490 posts National Call-Up
    I feel like it will be the first thing to get patched, I think many people aren't going to use it or don't see a reason to do so eventhough it's doing it job outside the box imo
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    I feel like it will be the first thing to get patched, I think many people aren't going to use it or don't see a reason to do so eventhough it's doing it job outside the box imo

Normal long shots go in with ease, i fail to see the point of timed shooting.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    47380 posts FIFA Cover Star
    What is that
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Maybe it’s the wrong word but it feels like a bit of a gimmick, was surprised when I first saw it. It’s like hitting shots in a golf game, it’s not for FIFA imo.
  • Sellish
    9181 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    It's a great addition imo.

It would be awful if it was OP but it's not. But it really do difference. Scored some screamers with it.

It's all about using it at the right time. (Long shots and volleys and so on)
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class

I tried it vs ameture ai and it still felt like i didnt have enough time to pull it off.

In that case you just have to be quicker. :D
    When the ball's lingering in the air for something like one second you have plenty of time for getting it right. In that case the problem is more pressing the button too early rather than too late.
  • truegunn3r
    8816 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    I don’t know if people have noticed but what makes timed shooting really difficult is the extra number of steps your player can not take after executing the shot.

In previous FIFA’s including 18, you could press the shoot button in advance even when your player was 4 yards away from a loose ball so when he reaches it, he would instantly shoot. Timed shooting only works when you start holding the shoot button at the last step before reaching the ball, so that when the step is complete, the players foot is more or less on the ball. This is roughly about half a yard to a yard away from the ball depending how fast the player is sprinting. How do you calculate this in a split of a second considering how fast the gameplay is and the fact that player legs and the ball are very small in co-op/tele visual camera view.

I think EA got this wrong but the rest of the gameplay is very good.
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    @RUS_PreDaToR, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but from a cross or corner clearance, you can press the shoot button while the ball is in the air so you have more than enough time to get the second button press right. The two button presses don't have to be immediate.
  • DrMac95
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    I don’t know if people have noticed but what makes timed shooting really difficult is the extra number of steps your player can not take after executing the shot.

In previous FIFA’s including 18, you could press the shoot button in advance even when your player was 4 yards away from a loose ball so when he reaches it, he would instantly shoot. Timed shooting only works when you start holding the shoot button at the last step before reaching the ball, so that when the step is complete, the players foot is more or less on the ball. This is roughly about half a yard to a yard away from the ball depending how fast the player is sprinting. How do you calculate this in a split of a second considering how fast the gameplay is and the fact that player legs and the ball are very small in co-op/tele visual camera view.

I think EA got this wrong but the rest of the gameplay is very good.

I think this is the biggest advantage to it, it creates an opportunity for people to be more skilled with their shooting rather than just holding it down for an age before their player even gets near the ball.
  • It would be worth it if it was a guaranteed goal the majority of the time, but I’ve hit the bar countless times after timing it perfectly..
  • mdizzl3
    12410 posts Has That Special Something
    I certainly could live without it as I refuse to play with the trainer on. the arrow at the player's feet is beyond annoying
  • McNasty
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't mind it. I think the purpose is to punish people who park the bus. Players with an 80+ longshot and shot power should still be able to score regular finishes when given time from 25-30 yards though.

Keepers is a bigger worry. What difficulty are they set on in FUT Rivals and Champs? How will they deal with timed finishes? We've seen keepers react extremely poorly to new features before *cough* low driven shot *cough*.
  • Gromit
    3443 posts National Call-Up
    Whats the point in it? Hard to pull of and dont really notice any difference from a standard shot. No one will use it

This is the dilemma of FIFA,

To justify a new game, they have to introduce superfluous needless features just to say "HEY THIS IS NEW"

I can see why there's an idea in the future to not release a full game and just have addons, roster updates etc.

I mean if they ever actually perfected passing, could they justify never ever making any updates to it in future games?

I hate all the "Driven" passes, shots etc. Especially passing. what was wrong with the dynamic power bar we already had, to me that gave a far better sense of control. It looks terrible and woefully unrealistic especially when you inevitably get that guy that spams it and uses it for most of their passes.