Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Campino
27119 posts Player of the Year
edited September 2018
Off wednesday night and Thursday from work (or tonight if works quiet)

Will update the OP with all New icons and any returning you wanna see for reference

Comments

• jenksiee123
    21459 posts Club Captain
    Should be a good year (hopefully)
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Have never really been interested in icons/legends until I used ADP very recently. Think I might veer a lot more that way this year, especially as Raul was my childhood hero.

Any general tips to not get massively burned on icon prices? Like is there a particularly good or bad time to buy them? Presumably in the first week or so they’re going to be as cheap as they’ll be in a long long time?
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    Boom! Always one of the best threads every year.
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So many more appealing icons this year, hopefully will be able to afford them
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best year for icons yet at least from the selection that we have.

Can’t wait to see how guys like Eusebio, Cruyff, Rivaldo, Baggio and Socrates play.
  • Pikachu
    8674 posts League Winner
    Ballack/Lampard/Makelele. Can’t wait.
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Socrates please! Don’t make me wait until May
  • RebelRob
    5210 posts Big Money Move
    @BRISTOL86 generally buy ASAP as they shoot up in the first week or 2 as people gather coins.

With icons unless you’re using the team regularly and care about using one the whole year, it’s best to keep on sale at an inflated price when not using them incase the sell due to a lazy buyer.

Also, there’s a few points in the year where they dip pretty hard and then rise again, Black Friday, toty etc and usually major events which do pack deals, so if coins are more important than a record sell a week early and buy again when you’re happy with the saving, but be careful not to get too greedy and wait too long.
  • Skittles67
    EA to make th same mistake as last year with the prime releases or not?
  • M98H
    12911 posts Has That Special Something
    George Best the first week is the Aim. I’ll be sure to review him
  • RealM
    5596 posts Big Money Move
    Raúl is coming home.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    RebelRob wrote: »
    @BRISTOL86 generally buy ASAP as they shoot up in the first week or 2 as people gather coins.

With icons unless you’re using the team regularly and care about using one the whole year, it’s best to keep on sale at an inflated price when not using them incase the sell due to a lazy buyer.

Also, there’s a few points in the year where they dip pretty hard and then rise again, Black Friday, toty etc and usually major events which do pack deals, so if coins are more important than a record sell a week early and buy again when you’re happy with the saving, but be careful not to get too greedy and wait too long.

Thanks mate. My plan is to get Raul ASAP and spend the rest of the year upgrading around him so will try and get him in the early stages depending on pack luck and price.
  • DanV17
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What do we think gerrards middle card will start and settle at? Pre release 6-700k? £1M there after?
  • Skittles67
    DanV17 wrote: »
    What do we think gerrards middle card will start and settle at? Pre release 6-700k? £1M there after?
    Can’t see him being that much
  • Finesse_4days
    7164 posts Big Money Move
    DanV17 wrote: »

The end of career card doesn't look that good so will settle at round 500k after the first few weeks where as the middle version (the one with 80 pace) should settle at around 1.2mill after a month but start off at around 700k first week and then increase quite quickly once the full game comes out.
  • Rivaldo!
  • Finesse_4days
    7164 posts Big Money Move
    Road to Cruyff RTG begins
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Page 1 one on 2k page thread.

Thumbs up
  • IamFrench
    1390 posts Play-Off Hero
    Road to Prime Klose B)
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    @WoundedGoat here we go
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Pikachu wrote: »

Ballack looks op out of the new lot.
  • Tootrill22
    1649 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really like the look of Ballack as well
  • Hicksy2011
    13081 posts Has That Special Something
    Excited about this
    Not normally the richest on this game but the aim this year is to have 4 or 5 so I can basically have all my favourite players in the same team and on full chem
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    Blarix wrote: »
    Pikachu wrote: »

Ballack looks op out of the new lot.

Only thing with Ballack is his agility and balance
  • Currieman
    4945 posts National Call-Up
    There are so many I want to try this year. I think I'm gonna go for Gerrard and Makelele for sure though.
  • Gamble
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    Stoichkov is top of the list to try for me, closely followed by Figo & Seedorf
  • ha032742
    35200 posts Moderator
    Gamble wrote: »
    Stoichkov is top of the list to try for me, closely followed by Figo & Seedorf

Shame they downgraded him
  • MikeyP_FC
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Hey boys
  • Diggy
    13629 posts Has That Special Something
    Going to miss this thread :(
  • ha032742
    35200 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Diggy wrote: »
    Going to miss this thread :(