Hands up if you’re not buying FIFA 19

Byrnzie28
1794 posts Fans' Favourite
edited September 2018
I’m not buying this trash game until at least fifa 20.

I’ll just continue playing Squad Battles for as long as it’s available (hopefully al year), and Online Seasons, until a decent version of the game is released.

Who else is swerving it this year?

Comments

• GoodnightIrene
    3354 posts National Call-Up
    So you're going to wait for Fifa 20, to buy Fifa 19?

You are an interesting character I'll give you that.
  • Byrnzie28
    edited September 2018
    So you're going to wait for Fifa 20, to buy Fifa 19?

You are an interesting character I'll give you that.

No, I’m gonna wait ‘until a decent version of the game is released’. Hopefully by FIFA 20 we’ll see an mprovement.

In the meantime I’m going to just lurk here, and check YouTube vids, read and watch the complaints, and the YouTube fanboys opening their packs, as I think this will be far more enjoyable than actually playing the game.
  • VladimirSochi
    605 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’m with you. It hurts as I’ve bought every single fifa since 98. But Red Dead 2 and Fallout 76 won’t be far behind. So unless I manage to pack a legend during the web app, I’m out this go around until they improve the mess lol
  • Byrnzie28
    edited September 2018
    I’m with you. It hurts as I’ve bought every single fifa since 98. But Red Dead 2 and Fallout 76 won’t be far behind. So unless I manage to pack a legend during the web app, I’m out this go around until they improve the mess lol

How can you pack a Legend in the app if you don’t buy the game? Doesn’t the app need to be linked to the game on your console?
  • VladimirSochi
    605 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No the app comes out a week or so before the release (the 19th) and you can start opening packs and trading. It’s been this way for like 6 years
  • FifaTaco
    1017 posts Professional
    I actually think this year looks the best so far.
  • Whufc
    1356 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yh I’m sticking with 18 too
  • mdizzl3
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    I honestly don't get how you're not itching to get this game? Are you not even a little bit intrigued by what happens to Alex Hunter?
  • Syahiran17
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    FifaTaco wrote: »

• Whufc
    1356 posts Play-Off Hero
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    I honestly don't get how you're not itching to get this game? Are you not even a little bit intrigued by what happens to Alex Hunter?

Tbh that’s all I wanna play on 19

I know it’s completly different but the beta has proper put me off
  • WarrenBarton
    7630 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018

Not sure if that Alex Hunter reference is tongue in cheek or not lol, but different strokes and all that shiz :* .

Personally I am also very excited for this Fifa as the demo feels really good and i Am looking forward to using the new icons.

But op, I’m sorry to see you in such a bad mood. You sound kinda unwell :/ .Maybe you could do some voluntary work for a good cause, then it might brighten up your mood and give you a new feeling of purpose in life o:)
  • UrboiStev
    282 posts Sunday League Hero

Not sure if that Alex Hunter reference is tongue in cheek or not lol, but different strokes and all that shiz :* .

Personally I am also very excited for this Fifa as the demo feels really good and i Am looking forward to using the new icons.

But op, I’m sorry to see you in such a bad mood. You sound kinda unwell :/ .Maybe you could do some voluntary work for a good cause, then it might brighten up your mood and give you a new feeling of purpose in life o:)

Warren. How do u equate not wanting to buy FIFA 18.5 to he is unwell. He is in a clear mind and has demonstrated a well thought out decision. And I for one commend you byrnzie
  • UrboiStev
    282 posts Sunday League Hero

How??? U can't be talking about career mode or pro clubs or ultimate team as the pack animation and card design is rubbish. Ohhhh Ur a journey player. I can see that being a pull.
  • FifaTaco
    1017 posts Professional
    UrboiStev wrote: »

How??? U can't be talking about career mode or pro clubs or ultimate team as the pack animation and card design is rubbish. Ohhhh Ur a journey player. I can see that being a pull.

Hey, I’m sorry about career mode and pro clubs and I wish ea improved it just like you but gameplay wise I’m very excited, timed shooting is good and the new skills look cool. With ultimate team, people didn’t like the 18 pack animation but it grows on you. Also journey is boring. :smile:
  • mdizzl3
    Did you enjoy 18 and not enjoy the 19 demo?
  • Alex_cr
    5080 posts Big Money Move
    Decided against getting it. I just can’t warrant the 50 pounds on the game plus PSN. It’s the only game I play on line so don’t need it for anything else.

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13281 posts Has That Special Something
    I bought PES. I'll likely play ultimate team casually this year as I prefer PES's player growth system. Will mainly get FIFA for career mode as I'd like to play a mode that has every licensing
  • Byrnzie28
    UrboiStev wrote: »

Warren. How do u equate not wanting to buy FIFA 18.5 to he is unwell. He is in a clear mind and has demonstrated a well thought out decision. And I for one commend you byrnzie

Cheers matey.
  • CharlieC
    6688 posts Big Money Move
    Whufc wrote: »

Tbh that’s all I wanna play on 19

I know it’s completly different but the beta has proper put me off

I know what you mean and I was in two minds after the beta and swaying towards not buying but the demo has changed my mind completely and I've gone large with Ultimate edition. Look, if they patch it and its cr*p again, then I'll learn my lesson but I homestly believe they will leave it pretty much as it is in general. They'll obviously have to make tweaks and the addition of chem boosts in UT is a concern but I think they are getting the message.

Please feel free to throw this message back at me in a month :lol:
  • Byrnzie28
    edited September 2018
    No the app comes out a week or so before the release (the 19th) and you can start opening packs and trading. It’s been this way for like 6 years

Ah, o.k, I didn’t know that. I’ll open some packs then out of curiosity, but it will take me pulling a Cruyff or a Eusebio, etc, to even consider buying the game.

I’ll keep you posted :D
  • CharlieC
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »

Ah, o.k, I didn’t know that. I’ll open some packs then out of curiosity, but it will take me pulling a Cruyff or a Eusebio, etc, to even consider buying the game.

I’ll keep you posted :D

see you in '20 in that case Byrnzie!
  • I think im the most skeptic about FIFA, I Nag shitloads about it, ut I Will get it 100%.

I luv Football, I Will play Both.
  • I bought PES. I'll likely play ultimate team casually this year as I prefer PES's player growth system. Will mainly get FIFA for career mode as I'd like to play a mode that has every licensing

Me too. The licensing is a pain as a Juve fan and the presentation and commentary needs work, but it is a FAR better football sim and, bells and whistles or otherwise, that's what I need in a football game
  • CharlieC
    I bought PES. I'll likely play ultimate team casually this year as I prefer PES's player growth system. Will mainly get FIFA for career mode as I'd like to play a mode that has every licensing

Me too. The licensing is a pain as a Juve fan and the presentation and commentary needs work, but it is a FAR better football sim and, bells and whistles or otherwise, that's what I need in a football game

I thought you could do something in PES to get all the licenses?
  • CharlieC wrote: »

I thought you could do something in PES to get all the licenses?

You can on PS4 but not Xbox sadly as Microsoft don't allow for the importing of option files.

Gameplay is brilliant and I like the whole progression factor where you are rewarded with players progressing and improving the more you play with them and their version of chemistry improving the more players play in the system. All things I see people on here asking g for frequently
  • Fab
    17840 posts World Class
    I will be buying fifa 19 for sure!
  • mdizzl3
    Fab wrote: »

Welcome back to Fifa @Fab
  • Fab
    17840 posts World Class
    Fab wrote: »

Welcome back to Fifa @Fab

Thank you
  • Hetenteen
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    You are all going to buy fifa 19.
  • mhh1981
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    You will all buy it, still be on the forums and still engage with everyone else. Pointless saying you wont.