Have Ea finally made a decent fifa? ( only my opinion )

Comments

• Sami1999
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't know about online, but offline gameplay does feel better than FiFA 18.

Then again, FiFA 18 got ruined by patches. So most probably FiFA 19 will meet the same fate.
  • marcx666
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sami1999 wrote: »

Then again, FiFA 18 got ruined by patches. So most probably FiFA 19 will meet the same fate.

Exactly this, they change the game for the better, but then the UT kiddies cry because its too hard so they slteath patch it back to where it was the year before. The 18 demo and first 2 days were brilliant, then, it all went back to 17
  • Tubpac
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    marcx666 wrote: »

Exactly this, they change the game for the better, but then the UT kiddies cry because its too hard so they slteath patch it back to where it was the year before. The 18 demo and first 2 days were brilliant, then, it all went back to 17

EA Have said this year through. That they wont repeat last years mistake and make an early patch. Hopefully its true!
  • OZero
    7665 posts League Winner
    It's the same. If you don't believe, go and try 18, vs COM, same difficulty, in season mode or kick off mode.

All those issues will strike back once the full game is released @ UT mode.
  • lambert7
    58 posts Park Captain
    From what ive seen from posts a lot of people like the demo and a selected few dont games should be hard you look at lets say call of duty if you suck at that you suck get better why should a game be made easy for people who cant play it simply get better and improve.

at least now with division rivals you will play at your level so it will hardly be noticed anyway. think everyone should give it a chance the way it is now feels more of a football game now than it ever has. simply adapt to the game people who like knocking the ball around was unable todo it last few fifas or found it hard because was always smashed on the break with pace 24/7 so if you cant beat it join them.

using modric ect.... slow players with good passing stats actually feel more involved in the game now. how many teams in real life by pass their midfield and run with the fastest player for 90mins? No one.

it needed a change and i hope it stays like this, far more satisfying scoring a goal ive made because of build up instead of just using one player.
  • Squanch
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    lambert7 wrote: »
    First of all anyone who says its the same as fifa 18 is daft its really different, actually feels like you have to play football now and not just give it to your fastest player and run.

Keepers think they has been some improvement there not played enough games to actually see the difference, still on the fence with that one.

player runs seem different when they go offside they actually try to keep on side instead of been idiots and just end up been offside.

overall i like the pace of the gameplay feels nice and smooth. i hope to god it stays like this and EA dont listen to the moaning little kids and go back to all about pace, nice to actually play the ball around and build up attacks something ive not really liked doing on fifa 18 soon as you lose the ball smashed on the counter by pace.

ps: timed finishing i suck at that.

opinions guys?

It's definitely different. Anyone saying otherwise is either on a wind-up or has some sort of sensory issue that impedes them seeing differences in things in front of them.

I think this one might be their best game for five years. I do think some of the fundamentals are well proofed against their infamous october patch . It needs minor tweaking though.
  • lambert7
    58 posts Park Captain
    [/quote]

It's definitely different. Anyone saying otherwise is either on a wind-up or has some sort of sensory issue that impedes them seeing differences in things in front of them.

I think this one might be their best game for five years. I do think some of the fundamentals are well proofed against their infamous october patch . It needs minor tweaking though.[/quote]

It could be one of the best its got potential few tweaks here and there but nothing major, be down to what all the pro players say if they dont like it then its defo getting patched asap

• Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    First of all anyone who says its the same as fifa 18 is daft its really different, actually feels like you have to play football now and not just give it to your fastest player and run.

Keepers think they has been some improvement there not played enough games to actually see the difference, still on the fence with that one.

player runs seem different when they go offside they actually try to keep on side instead of been idiots and just end up been offside.

overall i like the pace of the gameplay feels nice and smooth. i hope to god it stays like this and EA dont listen to the moaning little kids and go back to all about pace, nice to actually play the ball around and build up attacks something ive not really liked doing on fifa 18 soon as you lose the ball smashed on the counter by pace.

opinions guys?

I've just quoted and highlighted everything that people say every year when the new game comes out.
  • lambert7
    58 posts Park Captain
    Well i thought the past two fifas sucked, first time ive actually said they have made a good game so far. so thats not actually true :)
  • Orikoru
    Well i thought the past two fifas sucked, first time ive actually said they have made a good game so far. so thats not actually true :)

I didn't say YOU said every year did I?
  • Sami1999
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    marcx666 wrote: »

Maybe they should just patch online gameplay [FuT to be precise] if they get so many complains but leave offline gameplay alone.
  • Squanch
    I think if you break things down to how much can a patch undo things. I'd say last years fifa demo felt good but the building blocks were essentially the same as the year prior so patching things could turn it into the weird infuriating hybrid that it was.

They've changed a lot to the gameplay tactics this year. The only thing I think will change will be the game speed, that's usually the first thing the mess with because it's usually something the pro-players whine about.
  • As people have mentioned, 18 felt good in the demo & pretty soon after release it was back to the usual high pressure nightmare .
  • lambert7
    58 posts Park Captain
    we will have to all see what its like after the 1st patch some will say its good people will say its bad they will never find a middle ground which ever side moans the most thats what will happen but the pro players will have the final say at the end of the day.
  • KRANG00
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    They made a decent Fifa last year, then the crying started and they patched it into the pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that was Fifa18
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    I like that negative discussions of the demo are closed but this one keeps going ha.
  • OZero
    7665 posts League Winner
    we will have to all see what its like after the 1st patch some will say its good people will say its bad they will never find a middle ground which ever side moans the most thats what will happen but the pro players will have the final say at the end of the day.

You totally ignored that you are playing in an engine that plays like "balance" when two teams are "normal". This would not be the case when everyone is playing UT with tons of OP and sweaty players and that's where and when the issues broke out.

Mark my words.
  • number5
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually really loved the way the AI played on World Class and Legendary. The different teams actually felt different this year. Overall the mechanics on the field and presentation of the game actually make this edition of Fifa feel new and improved. Heres to hoping they keep this demo version around unlike years past.
  • bigpokey24
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    when you play FUT this wont matter..get ready for high pressure abuse
  • DeMolay145
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ricky2610 wrote: »
    Plus you need to account patch no1 which turns the game back into the previous years game, happens every year, gameplay changes dramatically from the demo

this
    Gooner93 wrote: »
    First patch will ruin it

Should offer refunds imo. Get hooked on a decent game, then make it trash.

this 2
  • Squanch
    It might not but at the same time it might not be as easy to do with the tactics changes. You can't have a slider up to 90 on pressure. You're going to get one of four options now. You could have a high line and constant pressure but then if throughballs are a bit better this time around then you'll get killed on the break. The others are either set up for a set period of time (like the gegenpressing based one) or certain other triggers (like on a bad touch).

It was something I asked for several months ago and I'm happy they've changed it. The sliders were far to easy to duplicate and then exploit to the point where to do well everyone was playing the same 4321 system.

• Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    In fairness there is a lot more praise for this then there was for last year , so hopefully there won't be a need for an early patch.

Remember at the start of last year every game was like 8-6 :D
  • number5
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In fairness there is a lot more praise for this then there was for last year , so hopefully there won't be a need for an early patch.

Remember at the start of last year every game was like 8-6 :D

True, last year the originally released version was to big of a learning curve for a lot of players. This one still feels the same but like an improved version so my fingers are crossed EA dont get pressured in to a patch. Sad part is, when I finally got the hang of the original 18, I was beating people in FUT based on skill not team. By November that changed right back to the old crap though.
  • Orikoru
    Squanch wrote: »
    It might not but at the same time it might not be as easy to do with the tactics changes. You can't have a slider up to 90 on pressure. You're going to get one of four options now. You could have a high line and constant pressure but then if throughballs are a bit better this time around then you'll get killed on the break. The others are either set up for a set period of time (like the gegenpressing based one) or certain other triggers (like on a bad touch).

It was something I asked for several months ago and I'm happy they've changed it. The sliders were far to easy to duplicate and then exploit to the point where to do well everyone was playing the same 4321 system.

Agree with this. I was quite happy when I saw how they'd changed the custom tactics. Not more numbers out of 99, it's just a simple setting of how you want them to press, and how high. I'm hoping this will provide better balance.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    My first impressions was it looked good, it played nice I scored goals then I realised it was on amateur. So I put it on legendary mode. Thinking it would be harder to do anything, but the game is broken. You get the ball at the back, 5 players rush the player with the ball, then the passing is awful to struggle to get out of the situation, you have to pass to the keeper. Tackling is almost important, the lobbed through ball goes high, but not very long, or way to far, if I get in a tackle, the ball always seems to go to the opposition, a cleared header seems to head down to the opposition for some reason, even in legendary Ive had five 3-3 draws, 5 is crazy, shows there is something broken with defending and or GK.
    but my biggest issue is passing, you tap x for the closest player, it trickles to him, but you can’t use that player to run to the ball....still....so you normally lose it, the intricate passing is off, and AI defender always seems to stop it, the passing never seems to go to the player you would like it to either.
    I’ve found the positioning of the players are well off leaving loads of gaps....still...all in all, I can’t decide if I even want the game from this demo.

I know, it’s early days in the demo, and for what ever reason I wasn’t invited to do the beta testing this year, maybe because I slated fifa 17 game aswell, not that anything was done what the formers was asking for then.

I will play more, it may just be me because I by the game for pro clubs, it’s a shame we can’t try that mode out. Maybe it will grow on my with practice

Now we're going to have these guys?! Hilarious!

The unnatural ease of passing has been one of the biggest issues the last few years. The fact that positioning, sight-lines, angles, and balance play a larger roll is a great thing! I mean look at the ball rotation on passes- it's beautiful
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional

opinions guys?

Yes, it's very different.
  • MaldinisHeir
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    It really is excellent. I think EA should be proud of what they've produced.

There's probably not quite enough fouls but I have won a number of penalties and free kicks in scoring positions.

The heading is a bit off but the flip side of that is that it really will be much harder to score against Legendary.

I'm almost ready to go. I've found a formation that works and I'm working my way through all of the teams with PSG and beating them on Legendary. I've beaten A Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve and Man City. Man Utd are proving quite tricky (well the computer is shamelessly cheating). Once I beat Real Madrid, Roma and Spurs I'll be ready to start with my Milan team.

I'm interested to know what the weaker sides will be like. I really don't want to have a pain in the backside playing against a Serie B side in the cup.
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Passing is the most fundamental thing in football, and if they have nailed that like you guys said, with realistic pace and being less assisted which means true skillgap.

I’m very very happy! So far it sounds like we have the best FIFA in years. Rewarding, fun and immersive. A game that takes actual skill to build up your play and pick your passes.

If that’s true we are all saved in my opinion.
  • Dronegan
    1180 posts Professional
    Played a few hours for FUT yesterday.

Its nice that the gameplay seems to be a bit slower than last year. Gives a more realistic touch to the game.

The passing is still waaay too assisted. Still fully possible to do 180 no look passes with mediocre players.
    Its easy to score longshots.
    Defending seems to be harder this year, yet the style of defending will be the same as in Fifa18. I noticed pretty early that it works best to not touch the defenders and chase down opponents with midfielders.

• BSDShoes
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    The slower pace is what I'm liking and the defense isn't stupidly OP like it was in FIFA 17, you have to think against higher level players now. Goalkeepers need to be beefed up just a tad.

And there are fouls, encountered 3 of them in my last match, if you're playing lower level difficulty vs AI you basically will never see fouls.