With ‘18 coming to its end...

Scutch
15071 posts World Class
...and the demo for F19 upon us, which player did you enjoy using the most throughout the game this year?

Prime Del Piero for me, purely because I stuck with him for almost 1500 games, netting a return of 1014 goals and 893 assists.

Special mention for the brief few months I had R96 and Gullit, as well as FoF Son and SBC Griezmann. But ADP for me did everything I wanted.

Comments

• Scutch
    15071 posts World Class
    And yet the irony is I’m not going to bother with him in my new team.
  • Campino
    29810 posts National Team Captain
    Gullit again same as every other year althoughhhhhhhh

TOTY Salah and R10 came very very close
  • P
    7778 posts League Winner
    99 Ronaldo felt truly elite this year, class above everyone else. Gullit outshines every other mid as well. Hard to pick a defender but any version of de gea was the best gk.
  • Scutch
    15071 posts World Class
    edited September 2018
    Campino wrote: »
    Gullit again same as every other year althoughhhhhhhh

TOTY Salah and R10 came very very close

See I had Gullit since TOTS (well, couple of months after), and didn't find him as effective as others. I'm not saying he was poor, he definitely wasn't. But I did expect more. Playing him as a RCM in a 41212(2).

TOTS Werner surprised me. He was very good.
  • P
    7778 posts League Winner
    Hopefully the demo gameplay is better but there didn't feel much of a difference between the ronaldos and mbappes in the beta. Not like 18.
  • Scutch
    15071 posts World Class
    P wrote: »
    Hopefully the demo gameplay is better but there didn't feel much of a difference between the ronaldos and mbappes in the beta. Not like 18.

Interesting, but at the same time would you genuinely see a lot of noticeable difference between those two?
  • Finesse_4days
    10314 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    99 Ronaldo felt truly elite this year, class above everyone else. Gullit outshines every other mid as well. Hard to pick a defender but any version of de gea was the best gk.

I'd agree with this but Prime maldini was the stand out defender him and 87 des were godly as a partnership for me 87 des out played his stats so much, also Tots Douglas Costa is a low key godly player that I've not seen many use but played amazingly well for me.
  • Moiizer
    9658 posts League Winner
    Prime Henry for me. Just shy of 2000 games and goals
  • Scutch
    15071 posts World Class

I got absolutely destroyed by that guy every time I faced him in WL or Divisions. Thankfully it wasn't too often.
  • P
    7778 posts League Winner
    Scutch wrote: »

Interesting, but at the same time would you genuinely see a lot of noticeable difference between those two?

Yeah what I should of said is... a top team vs an average team doesn't feel as much of an advantage as it did in 18.
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Prime ronaldinho
  • Dan is Clutch
    28629 posts Player of the Year
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    Prime ronaldinho

• Scutch
    15071 posts World Class

Yeah what I should of said is... a top team vs an average team doesn't feel as much of an advantage as it did in 18.

I guess it widens the skill gap, or at least tries to. So if you had the same teams and were seeing different results, there's a clear difference in skill gap.

However, having an average side and facing a stacked side and still having the same skill gap could get frustrating.
  • Pikachu
    9199 posts League Winner
    Prime Gullit or TOTS Son.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain

That's a good change, will make the game more balanced, gamer skill should always be the most important factor.
  • Diggy
    14750 posts Has That Special Something
    Gullit because he controlled the midfield

R9 because he’s the best goal scorer in FUT history
  • VICTAAAA
    11222 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime Henry because it’s why I came back to FUT.

I didn’t think I’d like Dinho so much but he’s so fun, probably the most fun I’ve had with a card since 5* Ibra.
  • M98H
    13743 posts Has That Special Something
    POTY Neymar.
    Best dribbling in the game along with a 5* WF. Finished every chance he got.
  • Skorpio71
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    IF Rodrigo 122 goals in 57 games. He scored from anywhere! Pace control and shooting the best I have ever had on Fifa
  • FrankFrank
    3832 posts National Call-Up
    1. Dinho.
    2. Gullit
  • Finesse_4days
    10314 posts Has That Special Something
    Diggy wrote: »
    Gullit because he controlled the midfield

R9 because he’s the best goal scorer in FUT history

99CR7 is the best as he's more well rounded with better dribbling and heading.
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Insigne for the 2nd year in a row
    And Kakà
  • EddieFicio
    22479 posts Club Captain
    TOTS Messi probably most fun player I used. Loved his L1 dribbling
  • RebelRob
    6717 posts Big Money Move
    R96. Very closely followed by 90 adp.

Albeit adp was used pretty early in the year so spent a lot of time against nif teams as opposed to super tots teams, but still was a lovely card to use.
  • Grown93
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    ATT : GOAT R9
    MID : Prime Gullit
    DEF : Prime Desailly
    GK : Any Donnaruma version

My fav in general: R9
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    TOTS Griezy
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime Henry
    Prime R9
  • Daveofwales01
    8447 posts League Winner
    I think I had most fun with 91 dinho, don't know if it was because I packed him but I just enjoyed him more than others including his prime.
  • CraigB85
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    Favourite NIF players this year were Belotti, Alejandro Gomez, Goretzka & Werner.

Out of everyone probably really enjoyed TOTS Dybala, TOTS Messi and FOF CR7 the most.
  • Shearer09NUFC1
    1207 posts Professional
    96 Zlatan