Am I the only one who loves the new pace ratings?

Benja190782
1948 posts Fans' Favourite
It could mean that FIFA 19 is not just about pace, but now physics actually matters!?

On top of that players like Sterling will not get catched at full sprint speed anymore!?

Chem styles like Shadow or Hunter will actually matter more on players like Vidal and Robben now!?

Player upgrades will actually feel different now!?

I mean I can only find good things about the lower ratings this year.
But maybe it’s because I’m a simulation sucker and not the arcade type of guy?

Finally some realistic pace in FIFA! Finally...

Comments

• TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    *caught
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    You mean you like that the selection of players that'll be used will be even more narrowed down, as people will still gravitate towards the few players left that have enough pace for their positions?

Yeah, lovely.. :D can't wait to play against the same teams
  • Boysie91
    15581 posts World Class
    Just means the pace players will be really expensive sadly
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    Wait until your 70 pace strikers have to sprint past Manolas. I'm sure you'll love it then. EA seem to be widening the gap between slow and fast players, and I think that's why people are complaining so much about it.

Also, I'm 99% certain we'll still have loads of extremely fast NIFs.
  • swfcfan89
    1364 posts Professional
    Everybody was saying the same thing last year. Wishful thinking. If anything it'll just further reduce the already limited pool of players the sheep pick from.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Quite the oppositee of what you expect bro. It is the Sane,Mane,Salah etc who keep gettings informs like every week. All defenders and midfielders with downgraded pace stats may never get an inform and the game will be too inbalanced between attack and defense.

Am pretty sure Umtiti will get like 70 pace or less. Good pacey will be super expensive and we will score like 10 goals per game.
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    All it has done is make this game more pay to win than ever before. High end IF's and Icons for example. This has done nothing but damage the game even further.
  • Tootrill22
    2160 posts Fans' Favourite
    No I love them to be honest i think EA may be trying to make the game a little slower
  • number7rocky
    8835 posts League Winner
    Like already said before people will still use the players with the most pace, which will limit variation in teams even more
  • SeaDawgBob
    1019 posts Professional
    Biggest problem is not pace it’s the stupid Chemistry Styles. They eventually make all players identical, take those away and now you actually have a real unique player experience
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    Biggest problem is not pace it’s the stupid Chemistry Styles. They eventually make all players identical, take those away and now you actually have a real unique player experience

I was never really a fan of the Chem styles. Before they were introduced, certain attributes were what made a particular player appealing. But to be fair even before Chem styles were a thing, the same groups of players were being chosen for each league. And back when they only had weekly in-forms and no other special cards, being able to use an upper echelon type player was very rewarding.

I wish they would go back in that direction to be honest. But with all the icons, sbc's and special card releases for just about everything, that will not be happening.
  • Benja190782
    Tootrill22 wrote: »
    No I love them to be honest i think EA may be trying to make the game a little slower

I really, really hope so!
    And to be honest, pace is not everything. A strong defender can actually SLOW down players like Sterling or Sane just by pulling them. And I think physics will matter even more with the new 50/50 battles in FIFA 19.

The key here is to make those SLOW and strong players just as feared as the pacey players.

So physics should be a key to succes, just like pace, and if you combined those to things on your team.

BAM! Just like in real life.

We have a truely rewarding and immersive football game!
  • Mc_chigby
    1374 posts Professional

And to be honest, pace is not everything. A strong defender can actually SLOW down players like Sterling or Sane just by pulling them. And I think physics will matter even more with the new 50/50 battles in FIFA 19.

The key here is to make those SLOW and strong players just as feared as the pacey players.

So physics should be a key to succes, just like pace, and if you combined those to things on your team.

Yh I'm on the train of thought these pace ratings are changed for a reason.

Of course unlike some people on here I'm not going to jump to conclusions and throw toys out of the pram until we've played the actual release game before deciding if this is bad or good thing.

Why moan about something you haven't had experience of yet. Reason why EA patch things so quick is because people get the pitch forks out whenever there is change without trying it first.
  • Mc_chigby wrote: »

Yh I'm on the train of thought these pace ratings are changed for a reason.

Of course unlike some people on here I'm not going to jump to conclusions and throw toys out of the pram until we've played the actual release game before deciding if this is bad or good thing.

Why moan about something you haven't had experience of yet. Reason why EA patch things so quick is because people get the pitch forks out whenever there is change without trying it first.

Well said
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    This could be a huge forward movement for the game imo. It might mean too wuality strikers who lack pace, such as higuain amd midfielders who are not the fastest have a good chance of being “usable” the fast players will tend to be weak and thus the playing field will be levelled.

All is not lost. Pace abusers have been the bane of the game for years so hopefully we will see it nullified.
  • CeeQue
    15376 posts World Class
    Most people don't complain until it hits them. Who here other than Eredivisie/Loga MX fans can honestly say they knew of Lozano before FUT.
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    This could be a huge forward movement for the game imo. It might mean too wuality strikers who lack pace, such as higuain amd midfielders who are not the fastest have a good chance of being “usable” the fast players will tend to be weak and thus the playing field will be levelled.

All is not lost. Pace abusers have been the bane of the game for years so hopefully we will see it nullified.

Think it was '14, but there was one year where at the start this was the case. Technical players were great, slower strikers were usable and those solid strong centrebacks we great.

Then after about a week they patched it and then it was the same old, same old.

Unfortunate that too many people complain instead of adapting.

There is always hope though.
  • Fatmanc
    1353 posts Professional
    Didn't AA9 state in 1 of his vids that he thought they had done away with chem styles, if that correct maybe EA are trying to improve the play style of the game, like strength matters just as much as pace etc
  • Benja190782
    Fatmanc wrote: »
    Didn't AA9 state in 1 of his vids that he thought they had done away with chem styles, if that correct maybe EA are trying to improve the play style of the game, like strength matters just as much as pace etc

Any link to that?
  • Fatmanc
    1353 posts Professional
    Fatmanc wrote: »

Any link to that?

without trawling through his videos it was one posted about 4/5 days ago
  • CharlieC
    7433 posts League Winner
    Pace in the beta wasn't very important.
  • MaestroPirlo21
    1511 posts Play-Off Hero
    As always, we will see how the vast majority reacts to the new game. In many cases when the game comes out, plenty of people like it, especially if it seems a bit more tactical with more build up play needed. But when many others find out that they can't run the length of the pitch through the whole team with one player or play ping pong, then the whining begins. This is when changes revert it back to the same mess that we have every other year.

Let's hope for once that history doesn't repeat itself.
  • CharlieC wrote: »
    Pace in the beta wasn't very important.
    I agree, pace wasnt the be all and end all on the beta.

David Silva was an absolute dream for me on the beta.

They could have changed the effectiveness of other stats which actually altered the speed and movement of a player on the field. Agility, balance, even weight and height could have massively effected the onscreen pace of a players movement.

I fear the new overall pace stats will result in identical teams yet again.
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    Just listen to the podcast.
    https://www.futhead.com/news/fut-weekly-podcast/1947/fifa-19-podcast-capture-event-pre-release-gameplay-tricks-updates/
    They promised they will not patch the game early, only in case of critical issues.
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Just listen to the podcast.
    https://www.futhead.com/news/fut-weekly-podcast/1947/fifa-19-podcast-capture-event-pre-release-gameplay-tricks-updates/
    They promised they will not patch the game early, only in case of critical issues.

Seeing is believing.
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    It could mean that FIFA 19 is not just about pace, but now physics actually matters!?

On top of that players like Sterling will not get catched at full sprint speed anymore!?

Chem styles like Shadow or Hunter will actually matter more on players like Vidal and Robben now!?

Why do chemistry styles even exist? What is the point in have attributes when you just put a style on a player that give him +10 in stats?
  • TheTataGuy wrote: »

Why do chemistry styles even exist? What is the point in have attributes when you just put a style on a player that give him +10 in stats?
    The thing that gets me about chem styles is that for every Kane with a hunter card theres an Kompany with shadow (just an example). Its pointless.

Special cards shouldnt increase pace either. Your speed is your speed. Just as your height and weight cannot be altered by performance.
  • Numlocked_
    2740 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️. How the hell are you gonna use a worldclass defender like Kompany?
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    3399 posts National Call-Up
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    It's complete ****. How the hell are you gonna use a worldclass defender like Kompany?
    In an SBC
  • Numlocked_ wrote: »
    It's complete ****. How the hell are you gonna use a worldclass defender like Kompany?
    In an SBC
    Yeh but its a shame so many world class players in real life are SBC fodder in FIFA.
    When Kasabele is better than Kompany you know somethings gone wrong.