No lag at beginning......

MacDaddy
721 posts Semi-Pro
I will never understand this, ever had a game where it starts off nice and normal. U score a goal or two and all of a sudden the game becomes unplayable? Starts lagging and it’s so hard to even play. Game is just broken, win or lose, just keep the game to be what it’s meant to be for goodness sake lol opponent plays as if there was no lag lol lol

Comments

• SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited August 2018
    It's just your opponent cheating with a lag switch... I'm sure you've seen them go one goal up and then it became unplayable as well...I just quit once I realise what's up...they want imaginary 3 points so bad? Take it! I've won divisions loads...clearly they need it...I won't suffer myself for fools!
  • MacDaddy
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Shame EA can’t detect this rather they are more concerned with coin buyers
  • Wi1son73
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sometimes waiting to see if the latency bars fluctuate before you except the game help to see if your opponent has a lot of bandwidth happening. Think it only needs 256mg to run fifa online, but if some kid is playing with poor internet, then you can see the bars fluctuate up and down.

If the person you’re playing knows that something like YouTube lags the game, then he can switch it on when either you’re wining or he’s just scored to go ahead! Mostly idiotic kids imo!

97% of my games in World Cup mode is lag free! Don’t know why that is. I’ll rather play FUT, but get sick of the lag/delay/slowness of my players. So I’m back on SB’s
  • Ronaldinho999
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep, I always wondered why nobody talk about this... It's clearly they can't get control on the game so the lag comes and it becomes a 50% possession to each side.

• Retro_G
    29281 posts Player of the Year
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    Sometimes waiting to see if the latency bars fluctuate before you except the game help to see if your opponent has a lot of bandwidth happening. Think it only needs 256mg to run fifa online, but if some kid is playing with poor internet, then you can see the bars fluctuate up and down.

If the person you’re playing knows that something like YouTube lags the game, then he can switch it on when either you’re wining or he’s just scored to go ahead! Mostly idiotic kids imo!

97% of my games in World Cup mode is lag free! Don’t know why that is. I’ll rather play FUT, but get sick of the lag/delay/slowness of my players. So I’m back on SB’s

World Cup mode is on dedicated servers, but so is Fut Champions, although the experience is a lot more smooth on World Cup for some reason. Anyway as the lads above said, you've loads of muppets who manipulate their connections in divisions because it's on peer to peer.

Thankfully Fifa 19 divisions will be on dedicated servers, then you're only dealing with getting put on the wrong side of their shocking lag compensation. Lag switching doesn't work on dedicated servers.
  • Wi1son73
    2216 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »

World Cup mode is on dedicated servers, but so is Fut Champions, although the experience is a lot more smooth on World Cup for some reason. Anyway as the lads above said, you've loads of muppets who manipulate their connections in divisions because it's on peer to peer.

Thankfully Fifa 19 divisions will be on dedicated servers, then you're only dealing with getting put on the wrong side of their shocking lag compensation. Lag switching doesn't work on dedicated servers.

Ah so seasons should be a lot smoother in theory :)
  • Retro_G
    29281 posts Player of the Year
    Retro_G wrote: »

Ah so seasons should be a lot smoother in theory :)

Yeah mate, as long as you're using an ethernet cable from router, it should be a lot smoother. Don't use Wi-Fi because it's unstable and will cause rubber banding.
  • Sounds good retro
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MacDaddy wrote: »
    Shame EA can’t detect this rather they are more concerned with coin buyers

This :D
  • I rly dont know why EA dont have some user BANLIST.

I have a lot names that always, always, i do 1 goal and after that the lag start... its sad =(.
  • lordCriper
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not necessarily lag switching. More likely, your opponent is activating a custom tactic, which screws the game up. Try it out head to head offline. Even offline against a mate, if you activate high pressure custom tactics, it affects the responsiveness of the opponents players.
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    lordCriper wrote: »
    Not necessarily lag switching. More likely, your opponent is activating a custom tactic, which screws the game up. Try it out head to head offline. Even offline against a mate, if you activate high pressure custom tactics, it affects the responsiveness of the opponents players.

do you have any video proof?
  • lordCriper
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    lordCriper wrote: »

do you have any video proof?

No I don't, never record videos, I'm just in it for the gaming. But, try it out yourself. Create a custom tactic with the pressing and aggression sliders at 99. Start a H2H offline match against a buddy and play with the default tactics for 30 minutes, then have your bud activate his custom tactic and feel the difference in responsiveness in your players...