Introducing The Pitch Notes | Gameplay Deep Dive

Comments

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Shaw88 wrote: »
    Die hard fifa player here but yesterday went to the dark side bought pes19 and wow it’s so far behind fifa sold it on eBay within 2hours lol. Any news on demo I need a new football game to play

Lol is PES really that bad? Did you not try the PES demo before buying the game?
  • Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Shaw88 wrote: »
    Die hard fifa player here but yesterday went to the dark side bought pes19 and wow it’s so far behind fifa sold it on eBay within 2hours lol. Any news on demo I need a new football game to play

Really? Assuming this story is true, Either you are lying or a fool for not trying the demo first.
  • hooligan87
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alex wrote: »
    Waveform2 wrote: »
    Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how

Alex: Thanks for all your hard work; but when can we expect some of this information regarding the posts thats have been written by people who have obviously taken a lot of time putting together these posts outlining the problems that have been in the Fifa franchise year after year after year?

Thanks very much for your time and look forward to you in depth answers.

Regards

The Fifa Community

All feedback on this forum is being read from EA and is appreciated, in terms of responses for the posts that you are talking about I currently don't have any information on that.
    If You read and submit to our wishes - why, then nothing changes in the game??? We ask for a better career - you don't want to, we ask you to develop PRO clubs - you don't want to, we ask you to add an opponent search filter to FUT to play on manual control - you can't even do that!!!! We are outraged when the ball passes through the defenders, we do not like the high pace of the game, we do not like the weak defense in the game, kick off and so on! Where are the changes?! Or do you think that all our proposals are nonsense???
  • Alastair
    10020 posts Moderator
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how

Alex: Thanks for all your hard work; but when can we expect some of this information regarding the posts thats have been written by people who have obviously taken a lot of time putting together these posts outlining the problems that have been in the Fifa franchise year after year after year?

Regards

The Fifa Community

All feedback on this forum is being read from EA and is appreciated, in terms of responses for the posts that you are talking about I currently don't have any information on that.
    If You read and submit to our wishes - why, then nothing changes in the game??? We ask for a better career - you don't want to, we ask you to develop PRO clubs - you don't want to, we ask you to add an opponent search filter to FUT to play on manual control - you can't even do that!!!! We are outraged when the ball passes through the defenders, we do not like the high pace of the game, we do not like the weak defense in the game, kick off and so on! Where are the changes?! Or do you think that all our proposals are nonsense???

Alex is a volunteer moderator who does not work for EA just like all other forum mods so please don’t target him for why he hasn’t made changes.

This is not the place for targeting anyone with direct posts like that. If you wish to provide feedback for EA I suggest you do it in an appropriate thread (not this one) and in a constructive manner (not like your post).
  • hooligan87
    230 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alastair wrote: »
    hooligan87 wrote: »

Regards

The Fifa Community

Alex is a volunteer moderator who does not work for EA just like all other forum mods so please don’t target him for why he hasn’t made changes.

This is not the place for targeting anyone with direct posts like that. If you wish to provide feedback for EA I suggest you do it in an appropriate thread (not this one) and in a constructive manner (not like your post).

This claim is not only to him but to all of you! To all EA! There are a lot of constructive feedback-where are the results? Can you cheat when you write that convey our feedback? Or developers do not care about our wishes???
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    What about comet213s post above for example? Also if it were being read Fifa would have implemented features and fixed problems that have been with us for years; Im only responding to the statement you made in an earlier post.

I'd be curious as to the specific statement I said which you're mentioning ?

In terms of Comets post, it's a good post with lots of information and suggestions.
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Alex: i now quote you = "Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how, if it's just a rant though along the lines of "this sucks" and that's it, it doesn't really provide anything to the forum."

This is what you said, and there are numerous well written comments and suggestions with no reply or even acknowledgement.
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    PS I got threatened the first time i mentioned this FYI

Also why would EA need volunteers considering they are worth over 40 Billion Dollars!

https://www.forbes.com/companies/electronic-arts/
    Post edited by Waveform2 on
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Alex: i now quote you = "Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how, if it's just a rant though along the lines of "this sucks" and that's it, it doesn't really provide anything to the forum."

This is what you said, and there are numerous well written comments and suggestions with no reply or even acknowledgement.

I think our lines might have been a bit crossed somewhere, the post I originally replied to was in regards to how heavily this forum is moderated and that no negative talk is allowed, which is why I said constructive criticism is welcomed but rants don't really help anyone, I don't think what I said came off as a sort of guarantee that EA will reply to these posts, my apologies if it seemed that way.

As I did say already though even if there isn't a direct reply from someone at EA, the suggestions etc are still being taken on-board.
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class

I think our lines might have been a bit crossed somewhere, the post I originally replied to was in regards to how heavily this forum is moderated and that no negative talk is allowed, which is why I said constructive criticism is welcomed but rants don't really help anyone, I don't think what I said came off as EA will reply to these posts, my apologies if it seemed that way.

As I did say already though even if there isn't a direct reply from someone at EA, the suggestions etc are still being taken on-board.

Except they aren't.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator

I think our lines might have been a bit crossed somewhere, the post I originally replied to was in regards to how heavily this forum is moderated and that no negative talk is allowed, which is why I said constructive criticism is welcomed but rants don't really help anyone, I don't think what I said came off as EA will reply to these posts, my apologies if it seemed that way.

Except they aren't.

So regarding that link, that's more for things like "I've created this specific thing that I can give to you for the game" in terms of suggestions and things that can be improved upon etc that's not really part of the link and is being listened to by EA.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year

Except they aren't.

They do take certain suggestions on board. I mentioned to the one of the EA guys last year about how good the ranking system was in squad battles, it should be implemented into online play, sure enough we've a similar system in division rivals this year.
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class

Except they aren't.

So regarding that link, that's more for things like "I've created this specific thing that I can give to you for the game" in terms of suggestions and things that can be improved upon etc that's not really part of the link and is being listened to by EA.

Considering EA's current public image, you'd think that they'd at least try to make themselves look better.
    Stuff like that doesn't help. I mean, it just straight-up says "If you don't work for us, any ideas you have won't be considered".
    If you say that suggestions for "things that can be improved upon" are considered instead, why is it not mentioned in that link? It would make it look a good deal better.
    "We won't accept ideas or concepts for new game features or games, but we will listen to suggestions for improvements on existing game features and games".
    Would make the article look a good deal better to disgruntled customers.
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class
    edited September 2018
    Retro_G wrote: »

Except they aren't.

They do take certain suggestions on board. I mentioned to the one of the EA guys last year about how good the ranking system was in squad battles, it should be implemented into online play, sure enough we've a similar system in division rivals this year.

Could be a coincidence, y'know. Simple as that.
  • Alastair
    10020 posts Moderator
    I may be wrong but I'm sure I've read somewhere before that the games industry generally has a slight legal issue around acknowledging suggestions. I think that technically a user could sue the game dev for royalties if their idea was acknowledged and included in a game. As I say I'm not sure if this is true or not but I've heard that this is why the Football Manager series don't acknowledge any ideas.
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class
    I may be wrong but I'm sure I've read somewhere before that the games industry generally has a slight legal issue around acknowledging suggestions. I think that technically a user could sue the game dev for royalties if their idea was acknowledged and included in a game. As I say I'm not sure if this is true or not but I've heard that this is why the Football Manager series don't acknowledge any ideas.

There's a difference between EA and Football Manager's developers.
    EA would have the legal power required to dispute and win any claim against them, Football Manager... probably wouldn't.
    Or, they could simply say that any idea submitted automatically becomes property of the game developer and thus would not require payment of royalties...
  • Alastair
    10020 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018

EA would have the legal power required to dispute and win any claim against them, Football Manager... probably wouldn't.
    Or, they could simply say that any idea submitted automatically becomes property of the game developer and thus would not require payment of royalties...

FM is made by Sports Interactive who are a subsidiary of Sega so they'll have a similar legal power to EA. I also think it's a wider issue than just EA and FM. Don't think I can think of a single game which actively acknowledges suggestions.
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class

FM is made by Sports Interactive who are a subsidiary of Sega so they'll have a similar legal power to EA. I also think it's a wider issue than just EA and FM. Don't think I can think of a single game which actively accepts suggestions.

Hang on just a second, Football Manager DOES accept ideas! :joy:
    Also, maybe broaden your horizons a bit?
    Just saying, at least they have forums specifically for suggestions.
  • Alastair
    10020 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018

FM is made by Sports Interactive who are a subsidiary of Sega so they'll have a similar legal power to EA. I also think it's a wider issue than just EA and FM. Don't think I can think of a single game which actively accepts suggestions.

I was referring to your original point of acknowledging suggestions not whether or not they allow discussion. Both of those games allow discussion just like it is allowed on here. The only difference is they have dedicated sections. I can only speak about FM as I've not heard of the other game but that literally has one mode. FIFA has loads of modes so in my view it seems more appropriate to have discussion within the sections for each mode rather than in a separate section.
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class
    edited September 2018

I was referring to your original point of acknowledging suggestions not whether or not they allow discussion. Both of those games allow discussion just like it is allowed on here. The only difference is they have dedicated sections. I can only speak about FM as I've not heard of the other game but that literally has one mode. FIFA has loads of modes so in my view it seems more appropriate to have discussion within the sections for each mode rather than in a separate section.

My point wasn't exactly about "acknowledging suggestions", it was more about the fact that in that link, EA doesn't seem to care about anything you say.
    A link which is hidden from Answers HQ, mind you. I found out about it only because another mod posted it... in response to a detailed suggestion regarding career mode. Only way to reach it is by Googling "ea game suggestions"...
    Saying that you plainly do not listen to suggestions about new games or game features doesn't look good, however it would look far better if you added in a sentence saying that you can still post feedback on existing games and game modes. At least you aren't made to look completely deaf to your own customers.
    "broaden your horizons" contains three separate links to three separate games, BTW...
    You could simply create a suggestions section for the "FIFA 18 Ultimate Team" forum, and a suggestions section for the "FIFA 18" forum, given that one for each separate game mode seems a bit overkill due to the low amount of posters.
    No feedback or suggestion can get lost, and whenever someone says "ea dont listen thats why fifa sucks", you can simply link them the relevant feedback section. So why not implement them?
  • ShavyJc23
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2018
  • ShavyJc23
    68 posts Park Captain

So you're basically saying that EA doesn't actually listen to it's community?

If so, then why have a forum?

Well i guess its true, I mean ya'll created a Kick Off mode, that no one has ever asked for. No One wanted it

nadie lo quería

personne ne le voulait

niemand wilde het

niemand wollte es
  • Alastair
    10020 posts Moderator
    ShavyJc23 wrote: »

That isn't what I was saying at all...

I was saying how no game company which I am aware of acknowledges suggestions. Of course EA listen to the community.

My point wasn't exactly about "acknowledging suggestions", it was more about the fact that in that link, EA doesn't seem to care about anything you say.
    A link which is hidden from Answers HQ, mind you. I found out about it only because another mod posted it... in response to a detailed suggestion regarding career mode. Only way to reach it is by Googling "ea game suggestions"...
    Saying that you plainly do not listen to suggestions about new games or game features doesn't look good, however it would look far better if you added in a sentence saying that you can still post feedback on existing games and game modes. At least you aren't made to look completely deaf to your own customers.
    "broaden your horizons" contains three separate links to three separate games, BTW...
    You could simply create a suggestions section for the "FIFA 18 Ultimate Team" forum, and a suggestions section for the "FIFA 18" forum, given that one for each separate game mode seems a bit overkill due to the low amount of posters.
    No feedback or suggestion can get lost, and whenever someone says "ea dont listen thats why fifa sucks", you can simply link them the relevant feedback section. So why not implement them?

Answer HQ is the place to go for bug reports but I'm not sure if

I'm not sure where EA have said they don't listen to suggestions about new game features? In that link EA say new "product ideas or game concepts" not features.

I'll pass your suggestion about a new section just for suggestions on to the forum admin.

Just to clarify as I think some people have misunderstood. Forum moderators don't work for EA, we only voluntarily moderate the forums.
  • Alemas_2012
    15139 posts World Class

Answer HQ is the place to go for bug reports but I'm not sure if

I'm not sure where EA have said they don't listen to suggestions about new game features? In that link EA say new "product ideas or game concepts" not features.

I'll pass your suggestion about a new section just for suggestions on to the forum admin.

Just to clarify as I think some people have misunderstood. Forum moderators don't work for EA, we only voluntarily moderate the forums.

It's in the second paragraph of the link.
    "That being said, we have thousands of employees worldwide who are also developing new ideas for games and game features. Some of these ideas see the light of day, but many don’t. Because of our creative range, we can’t take ideas or concepts from people outside of Electronic Arts."
    The central word there is "ideas", as in the first bold sentence, it refers to both games and game features. Then it mentions that some of these ideas aren't developed, ending by stating that due to their creative range (i.e. "thousands of employees worldwide who are also developing new ideas for games and game features"), they can't take ideas or concepts about games or game features from non-EA employees.
  • I’m a fool I didn’t try the pes demo I just bought it out of sheer boredom and it was so bad . They my club mode is so poor. On the up side I sold the game for same price I bought it
  • Please let multiple users to play in one career mode save at the same timeframe. Example, i select manchester united as mr manager one. Then i add mr manager two for juventus. And then i add another manager three for real madrid in the same career mode save so we can experience many leagues in the same timeframe. Thanks
  • LordBob
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2018
    That isn't what I was saying at all...

I was saying how no game company which I am aware of acknowledges suggestions. Of course EA listen to the community.

EA listens?

You have got to be kidding me, right?
    Where have you been for the last eight years or so of Fifa releases?
  • Pwalie86
    1209 posts Professional
    If PES is so bad then just play it until Fifa 19 comes out and use it as a trade to get Fifa 19 for cheaper.
  • C94_
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi this is C94_ my names is Carlos and i want do some change in FIFA 19 , i want to change the net of the goals in FIFA 19 like the stadium Santiago bernabeu and I want FIFA street on FIFA 19 and IF i could have a own player so I can play with him in ultimate team online with him and more ex: Champions league and Møre like Europa league to , Thanks you so much of you guys could do just for me and my firends and maybe to the world to bit it woultd me more fun IF it was just for me and my friends and have kit creator to in fifa 19 i haved contact you before to byeeee
  • C94_
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    And we Want Champions league mode online to