Reus wrote: »

I play for icons

And the way they were done wasn't good enough

Took too long to get the primes out
    80% of them weren't a big enough upgrade
    Only one rm and not enough full backs
    Too many have 3 star skills or weak foot
    Too many have med/med workrates

This is a solid point for icons. I don't use them really, but I completely agree
  • Argie8
    7430 posts Big Money Move
    Content= 7/10 even though it was a step back from Fifa 17 imo
    Gameplay=2/10 Painfully slow, dull and too much rng. Quit playing and my overall happiness increased

Overall 4/10
  • Blarix
    20871 posts Club Captain
    Reus wrote: »

I play for icons

And the way they were done wasn't good enough

Took too long to get the primes out
    80% of them weren't a big enough upgrade
    Only one rm and not enough full backs
    Too many have 3 star skills or weak foot
    Too many have med/med workrates

On point
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    3/10. Ultimate team

8/10 pro clubs

Rest is just like West Ham. Stuck in the league to make up for numbers :trollface:
  • Trobos_Locos
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    6 out of 10
  • RealM
    8801 posts League Winner
    I will give it a 7. Enjoyed it at the start trading and playing squad battles. Getting rewards when you have 0 team or coins is always good. Get fed up with it by January then.
  • Glass0nion
    4181 posts National Call-Up
    One of the best FIFA's yet and ive been playing a while.

Better players/teams feel elite out there. Compared to years past getting killed by Ellington, Nilmar, Doumbia, Musa , Martial and any other sweater.

Pack weight is still terrible. Was fun during futties pulling alot of special cards, but that should continue.

I feel player postions, chemistry and formations have been needing an overhaul for some time.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    As usual, I really enjoyed the trading part of the game. Although initially I felt that they went out of their way to make it harder to trade this year, but I adapted and probably had my best year trading.

Gameplay was hit and miss for me. I did really well and won many more than I lost, but I just didn’t enjoy facing what was essentially the clone wars. Same formation, same custom tactics, same pacey front 3, all copied and pasted from some YouTuber! I just can’t understand how people can enjoy having 30% possession, and spamming a through ball hoping that one connects!

Content was a little lacking as has already been highlighted. It took too long for certain icons to be released. There was a massive delay for some of the league SBCs, and big delays between decent promotions, with some being pointless.

Daily challenges got a bit tedious with some being essentially copy and paste jobs. I didn’t really bother with them most of the time. They were a missed opportunity imo. Why not have a daily SBC for a pack, unique kit, or ball? Same with weekly challenges, some were great, but some were ridiculous (anyone remember the downward headers one?).

It’s a 7 from me. Although there are parts I wasn’t happy with, it’s the game I play the most.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    I give it a 9. I thought the new content was great. The squad battle stuff was a big upgrade and the frequency of SBCs was amazing. I definitely played more because of all that.

I didn’t like the over focus on the British leagues, and I didn’t like the special cards given out due for non merit reasons. Those are the only things keeping it from a near perfect game.
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner
    Prolly a 6/10
  • KingLionel10
    16561 posts World Class
    Honestly a 0 maybe a 1

Quit for good this year.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Worst Fifa game since FUT began from a gameplay aspect. I've never played a more frustrating football game, it was aimed at the casuals with a condensed skill gap. I never truly felt in control, loathed kickoff goals. The game is extremely unbalanced, favours attack and there was too many high scoring games.

The content was great, I'll give them credit for that with all the promo events, SBC's etc, but that all becomes pointless when the gameplay is spoofed trash. I don't know how they got it so wrong with Fifa 18, when Fifa 17 was one of my favorite games in the franchise.

Fifa 18 = 3/10
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Hmmm … interesting one, especially the timing when you think about it like @RebelRob did.

I'll base mine on specific areas though:
    Content - 9/10 … The reason it's high, is due to "looking back as of this point today". Sure, had disappointments - duplicate TOTS SBC's for Matic, Handanovic and Walker! But I have a full Icon team & many decent/high-rated Special cards. It's been fantastic.
    Console/Web App experience - 5/10 … I've added this due to the amount of hours I'm actually doing others things. At times some things on the Web App is great, e.g. building team SBC's using squad builder. Others there are just some stupid things like searching in the club for a player and it returns nothing, you need to go back to Club, then click Players - doesn't need to be that hard. On the console you can't search when adding a manager!
    In-game experience - 7/10 … I guess this one can be based on how many broken controllers for the year :lol:. But then, this is always going to be the hardest to "get perfect", due to my personal expectations. I just hate the fact that at times, games that I should win, I don't. I do account for the psychological aspects (or my lack of composure).
    Community - hmmm, 1.5/10 … This is of course related to opposition, not forum. I rated this as follows - 15% of the times my opponent actually makes it a pleasant experience. This is not related to wins or losses, but just simply playing a decent game, against a decent opponent. Could be lower actually.

Just on the EoaE bit ... Honestly, I think the community sets itself up for failure! I saw the whole EoaE card discussions, specifically Torres and CR7, and I genuinely believe the disappointment was self inflicted. It's just too easy to blame EA especially when, as we all know so well, they lack any form of communication.

Ah, should add that this is all FUT - no Career mode or Journey. The lack of depth and cheesiness respectively, simply does not grab me.

Overall - solid 8/10 for me.
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    edited August 2018
    6.5/10 with AI Defending bringing it down. Content has been great but I was disappointed with FUTWC effectively being dead long before the world cup ended. Passing round the back can be problematic because pressing is a lot harder this game.

Could be 8/10 if they fixed auto defending. 9/10 if world cup mode had more longevity.
  • SweetJesus101
    5703 posts Big Money Move
    Until EA keep the BPL the OP ❤️❤️❤️❤️,always gonna be trash.

a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ OP BPL team can do better than 11 Icons together.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Community - hmmm, 1.5/10 … This is of course related to opposition, not forum. I rated this as follows - 15% of the times my opponent actually makes it a pleasant experience. This is not related to wins or losses, but just simply playing a decent game, against a decent opponent. Could be lower actually.
    @VanBasten12
    Could you explain this a bit further?
    What makes the game not pleasant. Is something the opponent does like 1st minute kick off, takes long breaks, plays in a certain way, are they unresponsive/laggy games. Are they using moves/skills that look nothing like real life, but exploits in game - ball rolls, heel to heel flick, driven shots, a string of 1-2 no look passes, running into the opponent?

Or is something else? And I'm really curious if what you think is the community fault is something I consider community fault as well or EAs fault.
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    I haven't been able to get over the disappointment over the Icons / Legends. They are the primary reason I've played FUT in previous years, and the huge cull in numbers (and variation in Icons which were actually usable) left me with a heavy heart.

For that reason alone, it probably wouldn't score more than 3 or 4 out of 10 for me.

On a positive note, There were some interesting promotions, and some nice ideas, but the execution of them was lacking at times too.

Game play has been no different to every other year in some respects. It's inconsistent, as it is every year, and like every other version, there are certain tactics which are more effective than others. This does limit your options somewhat, but there we are.

• WFCBagnall
    98147 posts Moderator
    Anybody that gives content over a 5/6 rating is being very generous.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

It depends on what a person considers good though. For me I would have liked more SBCs, mainly from a selfish point of view because I have a well stocked club, and it’s profitable for me.

I wasn’t originally a supporter of daily SBCs, but I am now.

As for promos, some of them were terrible, or just at the wrong time. As an example, all those SBCs with the slightly upgraded world players just before festival of football should have been released near the beginning of the game, when they would have actually been used.
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner
    Content: 5
    Gameplay: 3
    Overall: 4
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move

Trash
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    SergiuLive wrote: »
    @VanBasten12
    Could you explain this a bit further?
    What makes the game not pleasant. Is something the opponent does like 1st minute kick off, takes long breaks, plays in a certain way, are they unresponsive/laggy games. Are they using moves/skills that look nothing like real life, but exploits in game - ball rolls, heel to heel flick, driven shots, a string of 1-2 no look passes, running into the opponent?

Or is something else? And I'm really curious if what you think is the community fault is something I consider community fault as well or EAs fault.

Let me put it to you this way … my ideal game covers things like (many of these are obvious to us all):
    • competitive - I hate to lose, but if the guy is better than me, then so be it. But, if I've scored 3 goals and you drop the controller, c'mon, don't waste people's time.
    • play the game … this is for fun, entertainment - you're not a professional earning $$ of this.
    • BS will happen, it's in the game. But, I don't believe I need to watch the 2 replays of the daft OG my player scored, and be shushed and dabbed on. C'mon …
    • Trying to abuse 1, 2 or 15 of the flaws in the game - from 21 skill moves in a row, to pace abusing/sprinting for a KO goal, to things like auto defending … I think people are better than that.
    • Context … DKT, at this time of the year, time-wasting idiots. Geez, are they that desperate.

Looking at the above, opponents rarely tick 1 or 2 of these boxes - never mind all of them.

Don't get me wrong, people abuse to win, but I do agree there are still flaws/issues within the game. The whole KSI KO glitch goal from a few year's back that EA never patched … just horrible. I know it's the software developer's responsibility to fix it, but if YT'ers didn't spam this kind of junk, people wouldn't see it and abuse it. Still takes a person - the community - to act on it.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up

It depends on what a person considers good though. For me I would have liked more SBCs, mainly from a selfish point of view because I have a well stocked club, and it’s profitable for me.

As for promos, some of them were terrible, or just at the wrong time. As an example, all those SBCs with the slightly upgraded world players just before festival of football should have been released near the beginning of the game, when they would have actually been used.

Agreed. Essentially the main ones were a league sbc quality player so its not like they would have broke the game lol. Would have made sense to release these much earlier than they did. Few of the minor ones would have been okay too im sure. Now they are just sitting here. Never to be used in anything lol.

Honestly have so many special cards that I really thought would be needed for EoE SBCs like they did last year for the big ones. But nope.
  • Anythingadam142
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    None Gameplay Content - 9/10
    Gameplay - 3/10
    Overall 6/10

For me they've got the mode and the content down (I don't play much WL to whinge about).

The gameplay however is the most scripted inconsistent mess out of all FIFA's for me.
  • tilen11
    7526 posts League Winner
    yerwaltz wrote: »

Agreed. Essentially the main ones were a league sbc quality player so its not like they would have broke the game lol. Would have made sense to release these much earlier than they did. Few of the minor ones would have been okay too im sure. Now they are just sitting here. Never to be used in anything lol.

Honestly have so many special cards that I really thought would be needed for EoE SBCs like they did last year for the big ones. But nope.

Also agree that league sbcs should all be avaliable until january or around that time. Highly doubt 89 Thiago, 92 Cavani etc would be that much of a big deal in game.