FIFA micro-transactions ARE pay to win!!!

Comments

  • AliasMaurice
    2399 posts Fans' Favourite
    When the in game mechanics are as random and broken as they are it's not pay to win.

    Buying fifa points guarantees you nothing of real value. It's the grind and trading that get people mega teams. Some folk will have some great pack luck to set them up but most don't.

    Pay to hope at best
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    people most people think it is pay to win
    the broken mechanics make them believe that if they buy FP they will win
    that is all that matters
  • opasni_
    3686 posts National Call-Up
    Its definetly pay2win when you play against cr7 and few icons per team. Not even broken game mechanics cant stop them.
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    if players are of equal ability or close ability the one with icons and informs will beat you
  • I'm tired of reading fanboys arguing about the obvious. Ultimate Team is clearly pay-to-win.
    EA loves to do this with their games and I hate it. Moreover, you buy an expensive version of the game just to play with Ronaldinho, but you actually will never play with him unless you buy thousands of Fifa Coins. This is a shame, come on!
  • I like how everyone here pretends that fut isn't "a pay to win" mode.EA has reduced the skill gap even more this year with shooting being ridiculously op and defending being non existent.Of course a better squad gives you more chances to win,simple logic.I bet everyone who wrote fut isn't "pay to win",has a top squad.
  • Wow, just want to weigh in and say this is among the dumbest threads I have read in a while. A whole bunch of people who understand exactly how FUT works (i.e., all else being equal, spending money yields better players, better players makes it easier to win matches), and yet, post after post of virulent disagreement. So why?

    1. Clearly, we don't all agree on what Pay-to-win means. Does $ = win? Or does $ increase Probability of winning. In FIFA, it is the latter.

    2. Clearly, there are people on here that DO spend money on FIFA points, and don't like feeling marginalized for it. Skill / tactics / player selection, etc. are all still a very important factor in match outcome. Fair enough.

    OK, glad we got that settled. As you were.
  • NSK233
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ICUP wrote: »
    Players dont mean squat, you can have a team full of ICONS and loose to a full gold squad, depends on the individual skill of the player not just the players

    Make a video of you playing with bronze team against a player with icons players. Other player can't be a total ❤️❤️❤️❤️. If you can win then I will agree with your statement. But till then FUT is pay to win, I just tried to play WL and my opponents had full icon teams, i tried my best but I can't make my players go faster than icon players, i can do so much.
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    marc1184 wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    marc1184 wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Alp_2760 wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    It’s not pay to win when a 60 pace 81 rated player from a standing start can out run a 99 pace 90 rated player who’s in full flow.

    Have you got a video of this actually ever happening? Or are you just completely making it up?

    I don’t need evidence. I’ve seen it, so have many others

    That's not how the English language or the real world works.

    English language? What are you on about?

    If you make a claim, you need evidence to back that claim.

    Or the claim means nothing.

    Anyone can make a claim, thousands of people can even make the SAME claim, but unless there's evidence, there's no reason to believe it.

    If the argument is that it happens so much that everyone can see it, it should be VERY easy to produce the evidence.

    Otherwise, you're wrong.

    There’s also no 81 rated player with 60 pace...fact

    Well I should I mentioned the over all rating and pavement I mentioned was roughly

    Also, a player dribbling and worrying about pushing forward the ball will run slower than someone who is slower but running at an all out sprint. Happens all the time in real life

    There is no point.

    He refuses to believe fact, he's just venting frustration over a loss.

    All these people complaining can not ONE time present evidence of it happening.

    Stamina, start direction, shoulder to shoulder, other factors all get ignored, they just think their player should win every 50/50 no matter what.

    +1

    I have played over 1500 games...and can always understand the physics behind when the opponent's defender can catch up. Once I am through at full throttle with a player that has more stamina and higher sprint speed than the opponent....they never catch up
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2018
    NSK233 wrote: »
    ICUP wrote: »
    Players dont mean squat, you can have a team full of ICONS and loose to a full gold squad, depends on the individual skill of the player not just the players

    Make a video of you playing with bronze team against a player with icons players. Other player can't be a total ****. If you can win then I will agree with your statement. But till then FUT is pay to win, I just tried to play WL and my opponents had full icon teams, i tried my best but I can't make my players go faster than icon players, i can do so much.

    That argument is flawed. Why does he need to play with a bronze squad? If he can play with a 100k team and beat a 2m team with that then it's proof enough that it's the skill that matters. I do agree though that if the skill level is the same in the match then the player with a better 'balanced' team will win more
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Realist wrote: »
    When will people get their head around the fact that not everyone who has great teams pay to win. Some actually play to win. Others trade to win. Most prolly do a mix of all 3. But even then it doesn’t guarantee wins. You still have to be good at the game. And if you play someone who is almost identical to you in skill and they have a team of icons and you have a rare gold team then damn right they should beat you otherwise what’s the bloody point of buying expensive cards with better stats?!

    Realist drops the truth bomb!!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16649 posts World Class
    It's definitely pay to win

    However my outlook on pay to win has changed, I believe there's 2 types of pay to win.

    You either pay with your time
    Or your money....

    Either way is rubbish with the game and pack weight as bad as it is. So we're all losers in that essence
    I have no problems with people who spend money instead of investing lots of time, as some people have more of the other.

    But I do believe better players earlier to give you a head start, that's obvious
  • MadJohnMadnesS
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    6
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    marc1184 wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    marc1184 wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Alp_2760 wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    It’s not pay to win when a 60 pace 81 rated player from a standing start can out run a 99 pace 90 rated player who’s in full flow.

    Have you got a video of this actually ever happening? Or are you just completely making it up?

    I don’t need evidence. I’ve seen it, so have many others

    That's not how the English language or the real world works.

    English language? What are you on about?

    If you make a claim, you need evidence to back that claim.

    Or the claim means nothing.

    Anyone can make a claim, thousands of people can even make the SAME claim, but unless there's evidence, there's no reason to believe it.

    If the argument is that it happens so much that everyone can see it, it should be VERY easy to produce the evidence.

    Otherwise, you're wrong.

    There’s also no 81 rated player with 60 pace...fact

    Well I should I mentioned the over all rating and pavement I mentioned was roughly

    Also, a player dribbling and worrying about pushing forward the ball will run slower than someone who is slower but running at an all out sprint. Happens all the time in real life

    There is no point.

    He refuses to believe fact, he's just venting frustration over a loss.

    All these people complaining can not ONE time present evidence of it happening.

    Stamina, start direction, shoulder to shoulder, other factors all get ignored, they just think their player should win every 50/50 no matter what.

    Sorry dude,but there is no point to arguing with you.That's the reason why nobody won't waste his time to find evidences for you.There is full YouTube with evidences.But you're a shill and even if somebody will show you evidence you will anyway say that it's just a innocent bug.I have seen it in past from you.
    Post edited by MadJohnMadnesS on
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    Realist wrote: »
    When will people get their head around the fact that not everyone who has great teams pay to win. Some actually play to win. Others trade to win. Most prolly do a mix of all 3. But even then it doesn’t guarantee wins. You still have to be good at the game. And if you play someone who is almost identical to you in skill and they have a team of icons and you have a rare gold team then damn right they should beat you otherwise what’s the bloody point of buying expensive cards with better stats?!

    Realist drops the truth bomb!!


    Not really.

    You buy players with coins in game. Now some people grind those coins and others accelerate this by buying them through buying packs.

    But yes it's effectively pay to win profession system with a slight opportunity to get lucky otherwise.
  • AndreJezGomes
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'll just say that:
    n9zsj.png
    a9wnzs.png
    No FP used and I started playing in June, you don't need more than that to go to WL
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Secondly you don’t need evidence for something to be a fact.

    For a scientific fact, yes you need evidence.

    But scientific facts aren’t actual facts or the truth, they are correct based on evidence that can be proved at the time. Meaning evidence supports this claim, but as we become more advanced there maybe proof to show that this is wrong.

    An actual fact doesn’t need evidence. It’s like me saying I went to the shop earlier. I have no evidence to prove it, many people even saw me. But it still happened.

    This has to be one of the most stupid things I have read on this forum.

    Facts are hypothetical until there is supporting evidence to prove or disprove it. As for your example of a fact that "doesn't need evidence", that is nonsense too. You believe your own experience but if you had to prove you went to the shop, evidence would be required (that's why stuff like alibis are important when under suspicion of stuff... the police don't go, "He clearly didnt murder that guy, he told me he went to the shop and that this was a fact!"

    You did remind me of this though so all gravy




    Also, my tuppence worth on P2W... paying acts as a catalyst to get you the best place to win games. Better players don't need it as much as others (and will generally get rewarded better in things like weekend league), but give a top team and they'll do better than with bronzes. Just my opinion based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence ;)
  • Flamstead
    3689 posts National Call-Up
    I'll just say that:
    n9zsj.png
    a9wnzs.png
    No FP used and I started playing in June, you don't need more than that to go to WL

    Very nice team.

    It is also important to remember that time is also money my friend.

  • AndreJezGomes
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    Flamstead wrote: »
    I'll just say that:
    n9zsj.png
    a9wnzs.png
    No FP used and I started playing in June, you don't need more than that to go to WL

    Very nice team.

    It is also important to remember that time is also money my friend.

    I play two hours a day between 10pm and midnight since june.
    + at the begining two hours spread during the day to buy/sell players and earn coins. (during a month or so)

    yes it is a bit time consuming but I always play that much (my girlfriend goes to sleep at 10pm WAY too soon for me...)

    and it's obvious that if you play more you're better that's what happens with all RPG (fut is a bit of that) it comes with the game mod. And if you play more your skills will increase as well so for me a pay to win has nothing to do with time. Every game is time consuming...
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    I still have ~60 end-game cards (just those that I decided to keep in my club), no money spent on FIFA points this year. And sometimes I face cheap teams that give me hard time or totally smash my 95-rated squad.

    So neither it is pay to play, nor pay to win. I play FUT since 2013, this year was easiest for creating a dream team even for casual players.


  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Flamstead wrote: »
    I'll just say that:
    n9zsj.png
    a9wnzs.png
    No FP used and I started playing in June, you don't need more than that to go to WL

    Very nice team.

    It is also important to remember that time is also money my friend.

    Time is money bro but your squad is good but this stage is average especially if you played from September. This year we got free tots etc. Talking about those that have Prime R9,Vieira,Gullit,Maldini,Tots De dea,tots Ronaldo etc.

    Either you pay with money or your time. People that don't spend like $2000 but spend all their free time in trading think they don't lose anything.
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Too many RNG in this game, don't think this game is exactly pay to win.
  • RebelRob
    7268 posts Big Money Move
    Technically they’re not, give a 6 year old a god squad and they’re not gonna get top 100 in weekend league.
  • Hibee
    12589 posts Has That Special Something
    Trading is so easy in this game, everyone can have a good team with a little effort. You can spend a little at the start of the game which gives you a base to trade with and thats you set.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    I could spent £10k a year on FIFA, but I wouldn't be any better than I am now just cos I've a couple of shiny blue and gold cards
  • Flamstead
    3689 posts National Call-Up
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    I could spent £10k a year on FIFA, but I wouldn't be any better than I am now just cos I've a couple of shiny blue and gold cards

    But if it was wade_7_ vs wade_7_ who are both of the same skill level but one Wade has R9, R10 etc and the other Wade has a gold team with a few informs - out of 10 games I think Wade with R9 will win more than Wade with 83 Balotelli.

    No game is truly P2W because even with top tier guns, players, items etc you still need an acceptable level of skill to utilise them fully against other players.

  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    I agree with everyone. The game is pay to win; and it’s spend time to win; and it’s game mechanic glitch to win; and it’s be better than the opponent to win.
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    TeamRem wrote: »
    I agree with everyone. The game is pay to win; and it’s spend time to win; and it’s game mechanic glitch to win; and it’s be better than the opponent to win.

    :D:D:D

  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    I.thi k.many people on here don't understand what pay to win means.

    Let's consider this to be a working definition that is applicable to fifa18

    Pay To Win

    Pay To Win AKA P2W. when you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months).

    Fut18 falls into this category. No spending money doesn't guarantee that you win. That's absurd. Bug or provides an advantage over someone who doesn't or have to grind for.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ballist1x wrote: »
    I.thi k.many people on here don't understand what pay to win means.

    Let's consider this to be a working definition that is applicable to fifa18

    Pay To Win

    Pay To Win AKA P2W. when you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months).

    Fut18 falls into this category. No spending money doesn't guarantee that you win. That's absurd. Bug or provides an advantage over someone who doesn't or have to grind for.

    You can argue that should be the definition, but there are other reasonable definitions of the term. I’m not sure there is ever going to be a consensus over the definition.
  • Jonboyparker
    7569 posts League Winner
    Why is everyone so obsessed with winning? It's a game. Win some, lose some. Spend what you want. If you want the best team at the start of the game it's going to cost you. Spend you're money or spend your time. It should make no difference to anyone but yourself.

    I had a basic team and its evolved as the game has gone on into something quite special. Let's not forget new players are realised every week and we still ask who is the best?

    Seriously though, spending money might get you a few extra wins but for what? So now you have a better record. You're not getting more rewards. You have them already because you paid for them.

    The better player will usually win regardless of the team because they no more about the game mechanics and how to play. Spending money will not turn you form a silver/gold player to an elite player. You still have to learn the game.

    I've spend no money and I have the likes of Gullit, Vieira, R9, Maldini etc now... I still lose to NIF gold teams!

    Personally I don't understand why you worry about it. There's plenty of game for everyone. Play the game fast or grind it out. The game is designed for everyone.
Sign In or Register to comment.