Please help, I've had enough.

HullCity1904
1894 posts Fans' Favourite
Can someone explain to me why we as a team are made 91 rated pros with well balanced 5"10 players and we always face solid walls of defenders at the back and we always get caught by the **** AI despite having 93 pace

meanwhile everyone I play against seems to zoom past me and I have no chance of catching up with them with my **** defenders.

Worse thing is I tried letting the computer handle it, so I stop control defenders and then my defenders start jogging instead of sprinting back!

So there's literally no winning solution.

I love pro clubs but this is ****, is there some secret recipe here? we are maxed out at 91 rated overall but so many people seem to have much better pros, yet we've played consistently all year.

Much appreciated

Comments

• That_Guy44
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Recruit defenders or move some players back to defense. Play possession and dont lose the ball at midfield.
  • HullCity1904
    1894 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think the issue is my style of play, i pass a lot and get the whole team involved... so the entire pushes up.
  • WarrenBarton
    7637 posts League Winner
    Your strikers will be playing too deep and not making good enough runs.
    I have been guilty of it myself in years gone by but now I just stay up the pitch and have a really good record this year.
    In previous years I would end up with combined goals and assists just above my appearances, this year I average around 3 goals every 2 games and just under 2 assists every 3 games.

Another issue could be team mates taking too many touches and not willing to play simple first touch passes to players not running through on goal.

Only other thing I can think of is crappy internet.
  • Pieman25
    16356 posts World Class
    I have been guilty of it myself in years gone by but now I just stay up the pitch and have a really good record this year.
    In previous years I would end up with combined goals and assists just above my appearances, this year I average around 3 goals every 2 games and just under 2 assists every 3 games.

Another issue could be team mates taking too many touches and not willing to play simple first touch passes to players not running through on goal.

Yeah this year definitely benefits standing on the last man and getting quick passes down the channels. Coming back hurts it and the ball not coming quick enough ruins it.
  • WarrenBarton
    7637 posts League Winner
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Yeah this year definitely benefits standing on the last man and getting quick passes down the channels. Coming back hurts it and the ball not coming quick enough ruins it.

I feel this pain, I can’t imagine what it must be like to play with a team of composed midfielders who don’t all want to play 80 yard passes after 5 stepovers. But I suppose I can’t improve some of my friends reading of how play will unfold even after playing together for 5+ years :|
  • MissterTash
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »

I feel this pain, I can’t imagine what it must be like to play with a team of composed midfielders who don’t all want to play 80 yard passes after 5 stepovers. But I suppose I can’t improve some of my friends reading of how play will unfold even after playing together for 5+ years :|

You have the same problem that i had in the past. You need to decide if your playing for fun with your friends or playing to win. If some of the players have not improved in 5 years, they are probably never going to change.
    Keep recruiting and keep the players that do play your style.