Fifa 19 Pro Clubs

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15666 posts World Class
    edited August 2018
    If you can think of a way to make money out of Pro Clubs, thus justifying putting time and resources into it and possibly leading to the creation of a competitive league with 11v11 matches, the holy grail of a football game...
    ...you can keep it to yourself 'cause EA won't listen anyway.
    Officially.
  • lordcrow
    55 posts Park Captain
    What would most of people prefer to watch as a ESPORT game:
    - One against One, ping pong type of game where most goals is the same and usually more expensive team wins where tactics do not exists.
    or
    - 11 real people playing against another 11 real people with manual control where individual skill, knowledge and first of all team work matters?

I believe the answer is obvious ...
  • TMaher7
    1040 posts Professional
    So poor from EA.
  • Why does anyone want an upgrade to AI players??
    Pro clubs is supposed to be a 11v11 mode, so any changes, that support people that don’t play with 11 players and use AI playeers on the field are bad for the mode.

Training camp would be huge upgrade to the mode, where teams could practice set pieces for example.

A spectator mode also would be huge upgrade.
    I play in a league where some matches are held with live commentary, it whould be very nice for him to actually be in the game.

Reconnecting option is also an excellent idea.
    Fixing stamina bug for any.

Game face was a nice feature, I have no idea why they dropped it.

A possibility to pick the kit before the start of the match is also needed, as now the coloures are sometimes identical.

The possibility to choose the type of a friendly - a league match or a cup, since now if you play at a league match(like vpg, vfo etc.), you have to leave a match without showing highlights for the stream.

A possibility of a voice chat with the opponent team in the half time break could also be fun(with an option to mute it of course).
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    lordcrow wrote: »
    What would most of people prefer to watch as a ESPORT game:
    - One against One, ping pong type of game where most goals is the same and usually more expensive team wins where tactics do not exists.
    or
    - 11 real people playing against another 11 real people with manual control where individual skill, knowledge and first of all team work matters?

I believe the answer is obvious ...

• the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    Every year we swallow "next year will be Pro clubs year" cookie and they keep repeating it.
  • lordcrow
    55 posts Park Captain
    wash-jones wrote: »
    Why does anyone want an upgrade to AI players??
    Pro clubs is supposed to be a 11v11 mode, so any changes, that support people that don’t play with 11 players and use AI playeers on the field are bad for the mode.

Because you almost never have 11 vs 11 real players in Pro Clubs... I played more than 1000 games in last season and never had a game 11 vs 11... and I played through all leagues against plenty of good teams and never even saw any opponent to have full 11 real players. That's why AI is so important for that mode because it supposed to simulate real player behavior... Better AI means better game play for real players.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    Every year we swallow "next year will be Pro clubs year" cookie and they keep repeating it.

I've been one of those also. It will never change, UT is the priority, everything else outside of it is irrelevant to EA.

More chance of Pro Clubs being removed than being changed.
  • V_I_Lenin17
    83 posts Park Captain

I've been one of those also. It will never change, UT is the priority, everything else outside of it is irrelevant to EA.

They will have a database on who plays the different game modes. They will gamble on FUT remaining dominant enough numbers wise to either leave as is or hope the ditching of the mode doesn't loose those pro clubbers who also chance their luck on pack buying.
  • lordcrow wrote: »

Because you almost never have 11 vs 11 real players in Pro Clubs... I played more than 1000 games in last season and never had a game 11 vs 11... and I played through all leagues against plenty of good teams and never even saw any opponent to have full 11 real players. That's why AI is so important for that mode because it supposed to simulate real player behavior... Better AI means better game play for real players.

We have around 15 people in the team and it’s enough to play 11v11 most of the time.
    Just find more players and you won’ have such problems.

My point is that changes must encourage players to 11v11 games, not 6v6 with AI bots.
  • lordcrow
    55 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018

We have around 15 people in the team and it’s enough to play 11v11 most of the time.

You don't understand. My team had over 20 players but it doesn't matter because still it will be almost impossible to have 11 players available in particular moment. Also, I said, I played Pro Clubs a lot and never saw any team with full 11 real players rooster during the game...

And explaining that bad AI is to encourage players to play 11 vs 11 is just silly...
  • I SiR MartY I

You don't understand. My team had over 20 players but it doesn't matter because still it will be almost impossible to have 11 players available in particular moment. Also, I said, I played Pro Clubs a lot and never saw any team with full 11 real players rooster during the game...

And explaining that bad AI is to encourage players to play 11 vs 11 is just silly...

The website I admin has teams dedicated to 11v11, its far more popular than you think. There are people who play nothing but 11v11 all year round. Myself being one of those people.
  • I SiR MartY I

They will have a database on who plays the different game modes. They will gamble on FUT remaining dominant enough numbers wise to either leave as is or hope the ditching of the mode doesn't loose those pro clubbers who also chance their luck on pack buying.

Pro Clubs is <1% of the total playerbase last we heard from EA. So they could remove it and it wouldn't even dent sales.

And what’s your way to encourage people to play 11v11 instead of 6v6?
  • lordcrow
    55 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018

It's simple, if you want to feel like in a real football game, where tactics, individual skills and team work matters you need to play Pro Clubs 11 vs 11 real people...
    Also, 11 vs 11 real people is closest simulation of real football match because you do not rely on broken AI. It's only people against people.
    There is nothing better than this.
  • V_I_Lenin17
    83 posts Park Captain

Pro Clubs is <1% of the total playerbase last we heard from EA. So they could remove it and it wouldn't even dent sales.

I imagine crossover blurs that number which is Why haven't they yet , BTW, Where could I find that info on playbase breakdown?
  • PJazz
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite

It's simple, if you want to feel like in a real football game, where tactics, individual skills and team work matters you need to play Pro Clubs 11 vs 11 real people...
    Also, 11 vs 11 real people is closest simulation of real football match because you do not rely on broken AI. It's only people against people.

11 vs 11 virtual leagues exists and got thousands of members! The Official Spanish Pro Club League - VFO, got official clubs from La Liga; Sevilla, Villareal, Espanyol, etc. Every team has an official training schedule! Sundays until Thursdays from 22:00 to 00:00/00:30. Official games are at 23:10. They got Captains, tactics, game plans and they play and train like any Football club.
    VFO will be played in Italy and Germany on Fifa 19! There are plenty of 11 vs 11 International leagues. EA would know it if they stop paying so much attention to UK and USA markets only.
    In the Netherlands, They will organize an 11 vs 11 Pro Club competition where the players will play the game in a proper football field! by the way, this is not new! it has been already done in Argentina.
    I bet you guys didn't know about it? right?
  • PJazz
    2219 posts Fans' Favourite
    PJazz wrote: »

11 vs 11 virtual leagues exists and got thousands of members! The Official Spanish Pro Club League - VFO, got official clubs from La Liga; Sevilla, Villareal, Espanyol, etc. Every team has an official training schedule! Sundays until Thursdays from 22:00 to 00:00/00:30. Official games are at 23:10. They got Captains, tactics, game plans and they play and train like any Football club.
    VFO will be played in Italy and Germany on Fifa 19! There are plenty of 11 vs 11 International leagues. EA would know it if they stop paying so much attention to UK and USA markets only.
    In the Netherlands, They will organize an 11 vs 11 Pro Club competition where the players will play the game in a proper football field! by the way, this is not new! it has been already done in Argentina.
    I bet you guys didn't know about it? right?

There you go
  • I SiR MartY I

I imagine crossover blurs that number which is Why haven't they yet , BTW, Where could I find that info on playbase breakdown?

It was posted by a community manager that used to watch 11v11 streams, they were talking to the community and said that Pro Clubs players make up less than 1%, it might have be Chuboi, I'm honestly not 100% sure as it was a couple years ago, but they talked about how small the player base is compared to UT.
  • V_I_Lenin17
    83 posts Park Captain

It was posted by a community manager that used to watch 11v11 streams, they were talking to the community and said that Pro Clubs players make up less than 1%, it might have be Chuboi, I'm honestly not 100% sure as it was a couple years ago, but they talked about how small the player base is compared to UT.

There are over 1 million Pro clubs on ps4 . Some are I'm sure active, some not. How many in each I wouldn't know. Are there over 100 million FUT players out there? On that community managers logic, all modes, kickoff and its new clown show games, journey, seasons/rivals, co-op career etc should be dropped and just FUT concentrated on. And they could put loot boxes in the centre circle to boot
  • I SiR MartY I

There are over 1 million Pro clubs on ps4 . Some are I'm sure active, some not. How many in each I wouldn't know. Are there over 100 million FUT players out there? On that community managers logic, all modes, kickoff and its new clown show games, journey, seasons/rivals, co-op career etc should be dropped and just FUT concentrated on. And they could put loot boxes in the centre circle to boot

There aren't 1 million active players, though. FIFA sells 10-15 million copies( numbers are never specific) each year, 1% of that is 100,000 to 150,000, there are nowhere near that amount active on Clubs. Even at the start when numbers are at their highest, they don't even come close to that. And this was back a few years ago when that stat was mentioned.

And that last part of what you said is basically what is happening now. UT gets all the love while every other mode gets shoved to the side.
  • Beta
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Actually I would like pro club to be removed if it never gets improvement. So that the players have zero reason to ever play fifa again.
  • kYnTso
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    I just wish that one day they would see all the money they actually could do with clubs, career etc but that means people would have to start paying for almost everything, hair, boots, skills, tattoos, outfits etc. Something like in 2K NBA games. U want stuff? u need ingame coins. How to get coins? Play a lot or use the quick way by buying coins. But it will come with a catch, when u want to play on a different position with all the attributes and skills the pos has, change ur size, weight - u need to make a new pro.
    There will always be cheaters though.
  • Why would i like EA to gain more money through ProClubs? I pay 60 Euro for that game, and i want it to be improved every year. I can imagine, that the player base is small. But i don´t care. Even if its only 50 Pro Clubbers - if i have to pay for fifa 19, i want improvements!
    Yeah... alot "i", "i", "i"... But hell, its me who pays for the game! I will buy it because of my mates - not because i want it by heart. I would be fine paying 5-10 Euro to update my gameplay, while all the FUTers can make their day by spending coin on virtual "pay2win" player-cards, and EA could go on squeezing money from them. But why do i have to pay 60 Euros for nothing but "50:50"-battles and "timed finishing" - while on the other hand i have to regain all the traits i played hundreds of matches for. I reallly don´t get it.

The biggest joke came from Mr. Rivera... "they" realized there might be some upheavel (or at least discussions) because they focussed on other game modes... I really had to laugh. They were in exchange with the community! HARHAR. Good one!
    I am getting angry. There were sooooo many good proposals how to easily develope and improve ProClubs, that it feels as if Mr. Rivera is mocking me.

If it isn´t worthwhile to put resources in ProClubs, remove it! It will die anyway, if it is ignored. Remove ProClubs and i will be gone for PES (or no football-game at all) - as others might.
  • Jay3ff
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For those talking numbers, on Xbox One in the UK evening time I see an average of probably 10,000 players during the year.

I don't understand those dismissing the validity of playing less than 11 v 11. Most clubs can't get near to having enough players for that. They either just want to play with their friends or, if they do recruit, it's difficult to find the right the right personality or playstyles.

Therefore, the AI are essential for the majority of clubs to fill in the gaps that make up the team. For this majority it's because the AI are so disappointing that clubs is held back. The core of the game is the action on the pitch.

The frustrating thing is that they pretty much nailed the AI in the Clubs beta for FIFA 18. I felt like I was actually in a team rather than playing with 2 friends and a bunch of pawns that were placed there to cover up the empty spaces. Then they nerfed their intelligence all the way down again for the full release. This proves they can produce quality AI but for some reason they choose not to use it.

Do you know the episode of The Simpsons where Homer discovers he has a crayon lodged in his brain, gets it removed and is much more intelligent until he lodges it back again to return to his silly ways? It's like that.
  • Massikiller
    79 posts Park Captain
    It's really disappointing, what could be done, versus what they really do with game mode, and the entire game as a whole.

But the problem is that there is no real competition, the only ones doing football games are Konami with PES, but unfortunately the game doesn't have the same appeal it had in time.
    And for us, pro club players, there is no other choice, if we want to play they spectacular game mode it has to be on fifa.
    For the better and for the worst we have to stick with fifa if we want to play pro clubs.

My proposition would be, no one buys fifa this year. They are selling the same game as last year, so no one would buy fifa19, we as a community should gather and make a statement.

Enough is enough.
  • TMaher7
    1040 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
  • TMaher7
    1040 posts Professional

The website I admin has teams dedicated to 11v11, its far more popular than you think. There are people who play nothing but 11v11 all year round. Myself being one of those people.

Are there any online leagues that teams with 5/6/7 players can play in?

• I SiR MartY I
    TMaher7 wrote: »

Are there any online leagues that teams with 5/6/7 players can play in?

You might want to try the Reddit sub for Pro Clubs but most leagues cater to 11v11 with the odd 5 man competition here and there.
This discussion has been closed.