Introducing The Pitch Notes | Gameplay Deep Dive

Comments

  • Kacio
    3 posts Ball Boy
    I would like someone from EA Sports to really take it to heart and do something about it.
    History is something important for humanity. In every area of life, we want to keep knowledge of everything. Share it, learn.

    I think that FIFA can develop if we would go to it from the history of football. I mean here adding new icons / legends.
    For example I see 3 great legends of football from the 1930s. Ernest Wilimowski from Poland, Leonidas from Brazil and Giuseppe Meazza from Italy. They were amazing players. They were the best players before The Second World War. Wilimowski score 4 goals in match Poland 5:6 Brazil at World Cup in 1938 (France). Leonidas score 3 goals in this game. But, Wilimowski set the record for the World Cup scoring 4 goals in a single match at the World Cup. Next shooter 4 goals in a single match at the World Cup came 56 years later, it was Oleg Salenko.
    Wilimowski score 117 goals in 86 matches in Polish League. Our league was in these years really strong, maybe if not the war, everything would look different. In Polish National Team he score 21 goals in 22 matches. Unfortunately, his performances also include performances for Nazi Germany. His fate was unlucky, but he didn't make war and it's hard to blame him for wanting to live and do everything to keep alive. Leonidas, the first truly mega-star of the world's football. The war also definitely stopped his career in a sense. Maybe if there was no war, he would play in some club in Europe? It's hard to determine because then the Brazilian league was amazing (until middle 80's in my opinion). For sure if there were next World Cup Leonidas and Wilimowski would show a higher level of their skills. They were both genius drills, foxes in the penalty area. At the time, the Pole and the Brazilian were the biggest football stars, which was becoming stronger and more advanced tactically. The third one in this group is the legendary Italian, Giuseppe Meazza. The legend on both sides of Milan, AC Milan and Inter. Two-time World Champion with Italian National Team. Another great of those times. Scorer 249 goals in 361 matches for Inter Milan, the legend of San Siro. His career was also brutally stopped by World War II. These are the three outstanding football figures. These 3 stars were the model for what we have today. They were first of all Pele, Best, Cruyff, Platnini, Maradona, Van Basten, Romario, Ronaldo, Ziadne, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi.

    In addition, I would like to add that it is worth adding details to the icons. I mean their original models of football boots, goalkeeper gloves. I would also like to add legendary football stadiums, for example old Wembley. These are really important things for people to look for information about the beginnings of our beloved football.

    I have many ideas about gameplay, additions, but for now I would like someone to read it and maybe do something about it.

    Greetings form Poland!
    Kacper (sorry for my English)
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Doesn't matter how to talk to them, i mean the helpdesk send people to the unofficial forums for god's sake. I say unofficial because no one from EA ever answers any questions unless there deleting the question because they don't agree with it?

    I'm not trying to invoke an argument im just going on what i see happening, if this isn't the case i apologize in advance.
  • Kacio
    3 posts Ball Boy
    No problem. Maybe somebody from EA will read it. Maybe...
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kacio wrote: »
    No problem. Maybe somebody from EA will read it. Maybe...

    Doubtful and highly unlikely but here's hoping :wink:
  • Kacio
    3 posts Ball Boy
    it will never hurt to express opinion, maybe someone would also have the same vision like me
  • china2991
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I remember when there used to be developers on here having discussions with people, That was around fifa12, Haven't seen one since. These forums are dead compared to how they used to be, I think people got tired of no response and realizing they don't listen to feedback. Its funny actually, "Listen to community feedback" must be EA's favorite response yet i have never seen any of the communities feedback put into the game.
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    china2991 wrote: »
    I remember when there used to be developers on here having discussions with people, That was around fifa12, Haven't seen one since. These forums are dead compared to how they used to be, I think people got tired of no response and realizing they don't listen to feedback. Its funny actually, "Listen to community feedback" must be EA's favorite response yet i have never seen any of the communities feedback put into the game.

    Exactly, and you know what's Funny, people on here always say, go have a look on PES /reddit forum, it's even worse.

    But they forget that this EA forum gets Heavenly moderated, imagine if this forum was not so moderated, you would have pages full of complaints every Bloody day, and EA would have to step up and respond, but guess what Thy don't have to, as if anyone look on these forums, you don't see any posts whats really wrong with the game, this forum is clean as whatever, no negative talk, so EA don't have to step up.
  • Pwalie86
    1125 posts Professional
    Only a minority will use this forum compared to the overall market. Most people will buy the game and then moan on different forums, or not on forums at all.

    The mass public will enjoy it though because it's a pick up and play sort of game.
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    Dragond81 wrote: »
    china2991 wrote: »
    I remember when there used to be developers on here having discussions with people, That was around fifa12, Haven't seen one since. These forums are dead compared to how they used to be, I think people got tired of no response and realizing they don't listen to feedback. Its funny actually, "Listen to community feedback" must be EA's favorite response yet i have never seen any of the communities feedback put into the game.

    Exactly, and you know what's Funny, people on here always say, go have a look on PES /reddit forum, it's even worse.

    But they forget that this EA forum gets Heavenly moderated, imagine if this forum was not so moderated, you would have pages full of complaints every Bloody day, and EA would have to step up and respond, but guess what Thy don't have to, as if anyone look on these forums, you don't see any posts whats really wrong with the game, this forum is clean as whatever, no negative talk, so EA don't have to step up.

    Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how, if it's just a rant though along the lines of "this sucks" and that's it, it doesn't really provide anything to the forum.

    If you have any issues with specific moderation then please contact a Moderator or a member of the EA Staff.
  • Drastically need to update the robotic gameplay. It needs to be more fluid, with more intelligent runs and movement based on the team stats. Also, something really needs to be done to make players like Xavi, Carrick, (past) Kroos etc more effective. They rely on their brains, where as this isn’t reflected in FIFA as we control them. Maybe have it so all their passes are completely accurate and they rarely lose possession somehow.
  • Alex wrote: »
    Dragond81 wrote: »
    china2991 wrote: »
    I remember when there used to be developers on here having discussions with people, That was around fifa12, Haven't seen one since. These forums are dead compared to how they used to be, I think people got tired of no response and realizing they don't listen to feedback. Its funny actually, "Listen to community feedback" must be EA's favorite response yet i have never seen any of the communities feedback put into the game.

    Exactly, and you know what's Funny, people on here always say, go have a look on PES /reddit forum, it's even worse.

    But they forget that this EA forum gets Heavenly moderated, imagine if this forum was not so moderated, you would have pages full of complaints every Bloody day, and EA would have to step up and respond, but guess what Thy don't have to, as if anyone look on these forums, you don't see any posts whats really wrong with the game, this forum is clean as whatever, no negative talk, so EA don't have to step up.

    Depends how it's presented, constructive criticism is more than welcome, go ahead and make an informative post about what you think is specifically wrong and what can be improved and how, if it's just a rant though along the lines of "this sucks" and that's it, it doesn't really provide anything to the forum.

    If you have any issues with specific moderation then please contact a Moderator or a member of the EA Staff.

    You kidding right?.
    If you play this game Long Enough you know what's wrong, we Are NOT allowed to discuss it on here, so what you on about
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    @EA_Aidan
    1- Stats in kick-off mode will be available in fut?
    2- flicks in the game could be done by technical players only? there are some difference in flicks from player by player?
    3- the real effect during the game of traits and specialities will be explained in pitch notes?

    there will be answers to these?

    just to know if they're on topic
  • TeamExtreme17
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    This Pitch Notes was over 2 weeks ago now.. Are we due another? :)
  • InwardSquare104
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2018
    I'd like to comment about the fact that you neglect some of your community whilst youtubers make videos about the FIFA 19 beta when it is obviously against your terms and conditions. Meanwhile you decide to not have promos running on FIFA 18 to keep the rest of us entertained (who didn't get the beta). I find it disgusting the fact that even if you spend over 100days or even 35 which I have, you don't get rewarded with the beta or even packs in ultimate team, just a thought, in FIFA 19 reward those in your community who spend time, money and effort into your game even if they still can't qualify for the weekend league, I understand this issue is why you've introduced division rivals, but how is this going to help those of us who can't consistently play the game for days on end. I understand your argument of division rivals, but how is this going to benefit the average player, the game of FIFA is now too centred on the competitive side of this. This is why in FIFA 19 I'd like to see more casual ways to play, squad battles really harnessed that idea for me in FIFA 18, but I want to see more big promos, such as the FUTTIES which ended a day ago as I'm writing this. Make the game less centred around the weekend league and more around SBCs and divisions.
    Post edited by InwardSquare104 on
  • DNarez21 wrote: »
    Hats off to EA for finally engaging more with the community.

    Can we please fix button delay, server delay, and have fut champs available to everyone? Also can we have fut champs be week long like all other e sports as a ladder system? 40 games in 3 days a bit much as I've been doing it for 2 years now.

    Couldn't agree more
  • EA_Cian
    1131 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone,

    Echoing Alex's post here - there are rules and ya gotta follow them, even when offering criticism.

    Second, this isn't a thread for discussing how beta codes were sent out. Let's keep it on-topic here, and that's about the inaugural Pitch Notes post. :smile:
  • bberger
    4610 posts National Call-Up
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    @EA_Aidan
    1- Stats in kick-off mode will be available in fut?
    2- flicks in the game could be done by technical players only? there are some difference in flicks from player by player?
    3- the real effect during the game of traits and specialities will be explained in pitch notes?

    I started a thread hoping for some answers some while ago:
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/404182/explainfifa-the-lack-of-documentation

  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    bberger wrote: »
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    @EA_Aidan
    1- Stats in kick-off mode will be available in fut?
    2- flicks in the game could be done by technical players only? there are some difference in flicks from player by player?
    3- the real effect during the game of traits and specialities will be explained in pitch notes?

    I started a thread hoping for some answers some while ago:
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/404182/explainfifa-the-lack-of-documentation

    I appreciate a lot threads on that.
  • Hey look at this video of new features... anyone know if tunnels will be in the majority of stadiums ...
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    Isco233 wrote: »
    Fix pace abuse pls.
    Make the game slower and more realistic.
    Cherry picking. Fix it. This is a joke. Few years in a row and you cannot fix cherry pick.
    Gk- height is not the most important stat.
    82 rated gk cant be top 3 in the game.

    Ty guys.
    Isco233 wrote: »
    Ohhh!!! Remove contain pls. Sick of players that def only with x button in ps4.

    Agreed completely.

    The speed of the game is just silly with all players getting moronic +10/15 attribute increases.

    Defending will always be a problem... gotta hold everyone's hand
  • This is not about gameplay, but a concern for detail in FIFA series. Indeed, I noticed that the names of the coaches of Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 never appear in the game. I saw a video of the presentation of Ligue 1 (from the beta in Twitter), and it's the same thing . Out of respect for the French Championships, can you add their names please? This would be more immersive for Career Mode.

    Be careful, I do not criticize the work of EA, but just add the names of the coaches of Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 during the presentations would be welcome. It does not matter if the Ligue 1 coaches, for example, have generic faces, at least their names appear. Unless there is a licensing problem on the names?
  • comet213
    2267 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fix San Siro and Stadio Olimpico.
  • ObaGoldenBOY03
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2018
    Is it possible to change Career mode so that you make 2 coaches and two opponents teams in one career
  • WizardMD
    661 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Is it possible to change Career mode so that you make 2 coaches and two opponents teams in one career

    dude, let them fix what's wrong and add what they removed from CM, and then we can talk about adding more features
  • ObaGoldenBOY03
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2018
    WizardMD wrote: »
    Is it possible to change Career mode so that you make 2 coaches and two opponents teams in one career

    dude, let them fix what's wrong and add what they removed from CM, and then we can talk about adding more features

    But this feature is wonderful .. Even if they do not correct their mistakes, the feature I have proposed is very impressive and will add more enthusiasm and Competitiveness .
  • We are egyptians fans .. We want you to add CAF champions league cup, CAF confedration cup, CAF super cup and some arabic and african leagues in FIFA 2019 or FIFA2020 .
  • Necesitamos no solo yo si no casi todos que tengan las licencias del Barcelona completas o tan siquiera escanear sus caras por lo menos solo las de los titulares por favor.
  • hooligan87
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why do you make the gameplay even faster? Who's asking you to do that??? Many are asking for a slow pace and less ping pong. You're doing the opposite! What for??? Again disappointment..When will the time come and you will give us a realistic gameplay?!
  • Altair14
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA just have excuses! we want a renewed career mode. a more managerial career (like football manager or Fifa manager) plus purchase options, public turnout that varies between important match and low ranking match, under 23 officials, YouTh League and improved youth. possibility of affiliation with other teams for friendlies, possibility to manage subscriptions, ticket prices, etc.

    for FIFA 20, just make excuses! we fans of career mode are so many, it's time to be satisfied.

    give priority to the career mode as the developers of F1 2018 or 2K give it.

    My priority is CAREER MODE, come on RIVERA!
Sign In or Register to comment.