Career Mode

Comments

• Brutus4127
    92 posts Park Captain
    It is being improved, but it’s like slapping on a fresh coat of paint on a derelict house and telling us it’s new..

Any one can see FUT is where it’s at for EA, but there’s enough forums and people complaining about career mode for people to glance over at PES to see what they are doing with their game, unfortunately it’s not a great deal there either.

FUT is fun, but not the same as building your team, managing finances, facing rivals for trophies, creating a dynasty.

Unless they kill it off, they will have to update career mode, even if it’s a new toaster to go with the fresh paint next year ;)
  • PPerfect_CJ
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Forget about Career Mode. Why don’t you understand that this mode isn’t about being improved.

What? Pretty sure no one here is going to "forget about Career Mode." It's the only reason that a lot of us even buy the game. I don't do that FUT garbage.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Forget about Career Mode. Why don’t you understand that this mode isn’t about being improved.

What? Pretty sure no one here is going to "forget about Career Mode." It's the only reason that a lot of us even buy the game. I don't do that FUT garbage.

It’s your choice.
  • ChrisW1991
    1411 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy do the badges on the sleeves change to the correct league your in during career mode if you get promoted or relegated?
  • comet213
    2342 posts Fans' Favourite
    Devs think Champions League is everything.
    But Champions League is just decoration.
    If Career mode is not improved, Fun made by Champions League is limited.
  • comet213
    2342 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wonder How port is assigned in the Draw.
    Just Random? or based on something?
  • TeamExtreme17
    5508 posts Big Money Move
    comet213 wrote: »
    I wonder How port is assigned in the Draw.
    Just Random? or based on something?

The first draw is usually random, but then you get the chance to re-draw it with seeded teams?
  • ManzGOTIT
    3329 posts National Call-Up
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy do the badges on the sleeves change to the correct league your in during career mode if you get promoted or relegated?
    :smile:
    that’s all I will say
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Licenses can never make career mode actually great. They give it a certain realism, but they don't do anything at all. Licensing is all just a sense of feeling. I've played countless other games like GTA and that pretty much has zero licenses, but it's such a great game, it's not important.

EA are replacing hard work with fancy logos and names.
  • ManzGOTIT
    3329 posts National Call-Up
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Licenses can never make career mode actually great. They give it a certain realism, but they don't do anything at all. Licensing is all just a sense of feeling. I've played countless other games like GTA and that pretty much has zero licenses, but it's such a great game, it's not important.

Dunno where I heard it but a saying that goes you can put makeup on a pig but in the end it’s still horrible

Same goes for Career mode it seems

Despite the minor tweaks and polishing I wanna see something groundbreaking
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Pwalie86 wrote: »

Dunno where I heard it but a saying that goes you can put makeup on a pig but in the end it’s still horrible

Same goes for Career mode it seems

Despite the minor tweaks and polishing I wanna see something groundbreaking

We'll be playing on PS5 consoles and we'll still be praising or unnerving the opposition before a match. Gone too far to add bits of crap here and there. Really needs to be scrapped and started again. We've all got great ideas, but they only listen to FUT YouTubers and such. I used be on here every year with my wishlists and there's no point really.

Frustrating that there's nothing we can do about it. Wishlists just get ignored.
  • comet213 wrote: »

True. For me CL in career mode should come with league ranking for example. So when I win the CL with Feyenoord or just have some good results in general in continental football, the league should move up. We should get more standard places for the CL for example etc.
  • One thing I hate in career is it's so hard to get rid of players. A lot of times deals never work out which is something that never happened until FIFA 18. And it's hard to get loans for players. Why?
  • MrDentonJr23
    49 posts Last Pick at the Park
    One thing I hate in career is it's so hard to get rid of players. A lot of times deals never work out which is something that never happened until FIFA 18. And it's hard to get loans for players. Why?

Ohh yeah ... feel the same way
  • Niklasf95
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    One thing I hate in career is it's so hard to get rid of players. A lot of times deals never work out which is something that never happened until FIFA 18. And it's hard to get loans for players. Why?

Ohh yeah ... feel the same way

It’s so annoying it feels like 80% of the time the contract negotiations between the player and the new club fail and then your just left there with a player who wants to leave but has no where to go. I’m not even sure if it’s a bug or supposed to be part of the game.
  • Niklasf95
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    comet213 wrote: »

True. For me CL in career mode should come with league ranking for example. So when I win the CL with Feyenoord or just have some good results in general in continental football, the league should move up. We should get more standard places for the CL for example etc.

Will the champions league qualification even be in CM?
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    Everyone’s talking about CL, transfers etc but what about improvements to the career mode gameplay. Wasn’t there a thing called active intelligence in FIFA17?that was meant to improve player movement etc.

I’d just like to see more variety on how the CPU plays, and it often feels like you have to play a certain one dimensional way like passing to death because the CPU defence is in superhuman mode. The only league I’ve come across that plays slightly differently is the Argentina Primera Division where some teams use high pressure but overall it’s same old.

I mean even stuff like every CPU clearance going direct to CPU players even if it’s a hoofed clearance drives you mad. How can they not see that perfect clearances like this are unrealistic.

And please note that Legendary might be easy for some but not for all of us - I can play on Legendary but I don’t enjoy it.
    Professional is the level where I have the best games when the games feel a bit harder - maybe a level between Pro and World Class would be perfect.

All this talk about improving transfers, faces and all the stuff people suggest on the forum is fine but for me if the offline gameplay is not enjoyable it kills it a bit for me.
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BistroXII wrote: »

All this talk about improving transfers, faces and all the stuff people suggest on the forum is fine but for me if the offline gameplay is not enjoyable it kills it a bit for me.

The speed of the defenders is one concern in the gameplay as for example Thiago Silva catching Sane when Sane is miles ahead; This is crazy as i doubt anyone could catch him with that lead; so instead of 1 on 1 with the keeper the defender from krypton/Asgard can catch you apparently.

Little things like this disappoint the entire community but i won't post any detail as its against the rules (I'm basing this post on info found online); this happened in fifa 18 but as you know your own defenders can't catch wingers or quick forwards unless its a fast full back which is bizarre and seems to show that stats for AI teams mean nothing? I actually think the gameplay has great potential or even has potential to be special :wink: and i can't see why any of this would be bad to discuss as these are bugs from fifa 18 which makes me wonder if all the time i've spent posting on the Beta forum will even be looked at?

Mostly i just hate that lots of the bugs from fifa 18 don't seem to be fixed which should amaze me but i'm not surprised, just disappointed and that is something i think all of us share which is the real point of this post.

We are all eagerly awaiting the release of Fifa 19 but in the back of our minds we expect it to be a disappointment; that's totally different from finding out it is disappointing after its released like any other game that you expected much more from and EA must know this!? I've bought Fifa every year since the late 90's religiously and i will probably continue to but it's amazing that most of the stuff we want has been in Career Mode/other modes in the past. The Champions league and Europa League is a great addition to the game but it's NOT a feature in my opinion and not enough to justify £50 and i never see anyone praising the Journey so why not put all the effort from that into Career Mode. I'm also an EA Access subscriber and have been for some time, mostly to get the 10 hour early access each year so i dont think its a lot to ask for the game to be more than a patch to the old version which is how it looks if you read what's been said elsewhere. I agree with other comments about the idea that FUT *could* become free, or even a separate cheaper part of Fifa for those who play that mode as i only play Career Mode offline (If a mates round we play 2 player too but still in career mode that we play as a bit of fun) and i'm sure there's many others out there that do similar.

Detailed info, video and screenshots are freely available so someone is reviewing the closed beta in great detail, all you need to do is a search and the information is out there which means people are going to discuss information they have gained. Actually if EA look at some of the videos the beta testers names are on them so its not hard to tell who's doing it.

*End yearly rant*
  • WestBrom434
    71 posts Park Captain
    Watched 4 vids on the beta regarding career mode lol found myself howling with laughter of how EA genuinely think this is enough to justify another £60 pmsl not from me that’s for sure. #boycottthesc*m
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    A couple of updates is worth £25 at the most. If you only play career mode like me and there's no fixes or great additions then it's depressing having to pay £55.

Still annoyed that you can't move to different continents. If I start in EPL, there's literally no way to move to MLS. Also you're what seems to be on a permanent basis and you get stuck with a team and no others will have you.

Also, getting fired is near impossible, so what I have to do is keep forefeiting games until they get rid of me.

Things like this stay the same for years and this is why career mode players get so irate every year.
  • Waveform2
    Ive been fired via the kinect for swearing on the touchline :) so use a mic!!
  • airpreezy
    979 posts Semi-Pro
    Somebody remember when we got CM news last year, I mean official news from EA.. I remember it was after Gamescom .. 1st or 2nd September

I don’t expect CM news on gamescom, I think they will announce the la liga thing, journey and some FUT legends
  • Waveform2
    No camp nou i take it due to the licencing but why dont they make it a BIG stadium as we still have Barcelona in the Game who get at a guess 95k attendance???
  • TeamExtreme17
    5508 posts Big Money Move
    Waveform2 wrote: »
    Ive been fired via the kinect for swearing on the touchline :) so use a mic!!

:D:D:D
  • WizardMD
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    oh man, this looks amazing...

4F1B5D9D00000578-0-image-a-17_1534321428726.jpg
  • FIFA_Enthusiast_1994
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    WizardMD wrote: »
    oh man, this looks amazing...

4F1B5D9D00000578-0-image-a-17_1534321428726.jpg

Don't even go there, it will be like Bayern Munich's shorts this year.. the wrong shade of blue lol
  • FIFA_Enthusiast_1994
    edited August 2018
    If the FIFA Club World Cup is in Career Mode this year, I wonder if you will get the Gold Badge on your kit to show that you are the holders of that competition
  • FawnkyDonkey
    72 posts Park Captain
    If the FIFA Club World Cup is in Career Mode this year, I wonder if you will get the Gold Badge on your kit to show that you are the holders of that competition

They didn't even add it to last year's CM. No way they're going to add it to the new game. If a respectable dev like 2K made the game then something logical like this would probably happen.
  • FIFA_Enthusiast_1994

They didn't even add it to last year's CM. No way they're going to add it to the new game. If a respectable dev like 2K made the game then something logical like this would probably happen.

It is silly because even Konami have it in under a fake name, I believe its called the 'Club International Cup'
  • Waveform2
    edited August 2018
    If you have the Beta with CM i suggest you start a French League 1 Career as you'll be pleasantly surprised, that's all i can say :)

*edit* Skip past the friendlies any any cup game dependant on team to your first league match to see.
This discussion has been closed.