• Auba14
    18 posts Ball Boy
    I got selected for FIFA 19 beta carrer mode
  • Auba14
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Jk
  • ChrisW1991
    1411 posts Professional
    So I'm guessing we can't hold actual press conferences.. Surprise surpsie they do f all to career mode yet AGAIN.. Every fifa this is happening where no real effort is put into it yet FUT gets another new mode ffs!! Absolute joke of a company for offline modes EA are, fed up of this bs..
  • Peanut2000
    1025 posts Professional
    Can you pick the the real life manager as your manager instead of creating a made up one? Hope that makes sense. I seen a video on YouTube of someone playing career and it said the managers mame was Jose Mourinho. So hope you can.
  • comet213
    2342 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 2018
    If 'European competition in first season' option is in FIFA 19, It's ridiculous.
    This means qualification and Super Cup is not held in first season. OMG

EA have Champions League, Europa League and Super Cup License.
    Qualification and Super Cup must be held in first season. And Draw must be held after Qualification is over.

Please work devs.
  • TeamExtreme17
    5508 posts Big Money Move
    comet213 wrote: »
    If 'European competition in first season' option is in FIFA 19, It's ridiculous.
    This means qualification and Super Cup is not held in first season. OMG

EA have Champions League, Europa League and Super Cup License.
    Qualification and Super Cup must be held in first season. And Draw must be held after Qualification is over.

Please work devs.

I wondered about this, normally you can edit the teams so make your own group BEFORE you start Career Mode (i do this so i can put teams with licensed stadiums in my group), but now if the draw is done realistically it will be AFTER the season has started.. So this option must of been removed? Why would you watch a draw when you already know the groups before you start? Unless you can now edit the draw once its made...
  • Auba14
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Can someone help me
    I got a code for beta but it won’t let me access the game
  • ~Adma~
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is the Chinese league in career mode? It's all been rumoured up-to-now. Is there anything confirmation from those testing? I believe the German 3rd division was in the beta last year (having been rumoured but not confirmed by the time the beta was released).
  • Mindphaser
    338 posts Sunday League Hero
    So did they fixed that FIFA 18 nonsense and made it possible to sell or loan the player out without waiting whole season after you buy him?
  • TheRealHarrison
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Career mode additions seem minimal - just the UCL and a few cutscenes from what I’ve played with. Disappointing and inexcusable.
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mindphaser wrote: »
    So did they fixed that FIFA 18 nonsense and made it possible to sell or loan the player out without waiting whole season after you buy him?

I heard they havent
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Career mode additions seem minimal - just the UCL and a few cutscenes from what I’ve played with. Disappointing and inexcusable.

Expected. Nothing new.
  • TheRealHarrison

Expected. Nothing new.

At least I can play PES 2019 master league which actually adds new features rather than slapping the UCL in and calling that a gamechanging feature :D:):/
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something

Expected. Nothing new.

At least I can play PES 2019 master league which actually adds new features rather than slapping the UCL in and calling that a gamechanging feature :D:):/

Any idea, what the new features are apart from a preseason tournament?
  • I tend to play in player Career mode and would like managers from lower league clubs to try to improve their clubs when promoted in FIFA 18 this did not happen I played for 10 season,s as Swindon and once promoted the air manager did not signed one player which is totally unrealistic I'm currently testing this mode on FIFA 19 beta but need to get promoted to championship to see if my manager will signed anyone
  • AlexFin
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It feels like there is no good news regardless Career Mode this year. Everywhere I read something about that, there were people complaining. So, it feels like we will finish the thing very disappointed. At least I thought they will fix the bugs that were present in Fifa 18.
    Everybody who tested the beta, are there any subtile changes at least?
  • MrMack08
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EA don't give a f about these modes, they can do so many things but won't just bc it doesn't earn them money.
  • AlexFin
    edited August 2018
    It's really crazy they did not changed anything. Look at last year transfer negotiations. It's the same thing repeating, repeating, repeating, nothing logical. I want to sign a player for 5 years, he wants, two years, so I propose 3 years and is working. If I will propose 4 years no way... This is available for any other player. You just offer one more year than what he wants... With the money is the same bad game. That was an example.
    At least if they would corrected those stereotypes. And are a lot of them in the 18 game.
    I dont dream big with a career mode overhaul. This is fiction.
    I dont know who is working on that... Fifa 07 was way better...
  • AlexFin
    What it is really funny is people are hoping that there will be something new because they find out in the leaks a new tab with nothing there.
    EA will offer us only Champions League and Europa League, some superficial Manager customization (I dont care about because are so many things in career game that should be changed before), and yeah, like last year with transfer negotiations, they will offer manager press conferences - they will say to us is the BIG DEAL - a real manager mode overhaul!!! Funny, let's be serious!
  • Auba14
    18 posts Ball Boy
    It’s the same as last year
  • Auba14
    18 posts Ball Boy
    I would love to see press conferences
  • AlexFin
    Press Conferences are in game... they have changed it, but is not very much for an entire mode.
  • Auba14
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Oh I didn’t know I’ve played 3 games and haven’t had one yet
  • AlexFin
    What do you mean? You played the beta? And had no press conference yet?
  • AlexFin
    If you dont have press conferences, this mean that we can expect something new at Gamescom and that means the beta is an uncompleted game...
  • TheRealHarrison
    So far all I've noticed that's different:
    1. Tables have changed slightly- scrolling through competitions is slightly easier
    2. Champions League "draw" is just your team being pulled out and then the game revealing all the groups
    3. A slightly cleaner squad hub

Bit disgraceful for a whole year that this is all they do - none of these are even new features, let alone game changers.
  • AlexFin
    So, if there are no press conferences like they told us they implemented means the beta is not like the full version..So we still have a chance to see something new at Gamescom.
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited August 2018
    I don't know why EA don't improve Career Mode. Its not like Career Mode players are all going to flock to playing FUT by EA doing as minimal as possible to improve CM. People still play it, but are disappointed and dismayed.

Why not make it a great mode and then even more PES players will be attracted to it.

"If its in the game, its in the game". Is supposed to be EA's motto.
  • Brutus4127
    92 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018
    Scrolling through every google link on “fifa 19 career mode” for a solid two months, hoping to see some sign we will get improvements like we want, but so far it’s been crap...hanging on for a nice surprise at Gamescom...

I know that I can’t boycott FIFA, i’ll end up buying it but It sucks that you have to make your own challenges to make it feel competitive in career mode.. the 5 training sessions are completely broken in the sense you could grow a 61 rated player to over 80 overall in two seasons.. with just simming the sessions.

If this is all we get for career mode, I will just set the difficulty a level higher than I normally play, choose a league 2 team and make sure not to use the 5 training sessions. Maybe set myself a rule to only buy English youngsters....

Hopefully Fifa 20 shows Career mode some love
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Forget about Career Mode. Why don’t you understand that this mode isn’t about being improved.
This discussion has been closed.