Argie8 wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »
    Antiversum wrote: »
    The no look 180 passes were stupid in 18 tbf

That is funny, people always say !You can't do them anymore" yet still everybody does them :joy:

That one pic where EA marked the vision of the player must be one of the greatest lies of that company :joy:

Nah, it's true.

But it's also RNG. 180° passes aren't impossible, they got a chance linked to them so if you get lucky you can play 10 in a row without fail and if you get unlucky you can't even play a single one.

Problem is all seem to do it with ease. Stats don’t seem to matter for passing.

You have never played with Vieira or Bakayoko then. Their passing is truly awful.

In a skill based game stats should barely matter tbf. You line up the pass perfectly, it works with whatever player, you create the perfecto scoring opportunity, you score the goal everytime. Stats are another form of RNG.

100%. Stats have ruined Fifa imo. I'd rather everything was completely manual and skill based rather than rng bs. I wish they'd make it so that the players you use are basically just skins and have little to no differentiation between them, expect maybe physical attributes? Fifa going competitive has highlighted its issues way more than before

That sounds awful tbh. You think Bakayoko should make the same passes that Iniesta does or that Peter Crouch should dribble like Ronaldinho? This has gotta be one of the worst suggestions I’ve seen on these forums in quite some time.

Yeah. I'd rather the game was skill based. I don't want what I'm capable of doing being dictated by the rng of stats and instead be about how good I am at the game. Fifa is garbage and the main reason is the randomness. Give me an arcadey game like Fifa Street any day of the week over the trash EA is serving up. The only stats I'd be interested in is physical stats such as pace, strength, agility, etc

Put it this way, why should someone who has never played the game before be able to pull off a better shot than someone who is experienced at the game, purely because they have a better player?

tenor.gif

:D It's not gonna be a popular comment in a Fifa forum but the game is dying and always will be whilst ea are trying to push competitive play whilst having the rng of stats.

The game is trash. Last years was trash. And 19 will also be trash . Give me an arcadey game over this rubbish any day

What you’re describing literally defeats the entire purpose of FUT though. The whole point is to build your “Ultimate Team” (which you can’t technically do because of chem but that’s a different issue). The whole point of the mode would be meaningless on day 1 in your version. Our starter team would play exactly how we need it to if there were no stats.

Yeah, it somewhat defeats the point of ultimate team not arguing with that, which is why EA would never do it. I'm speaking more about non-ultimate team game modes tbh. but how many people love building a team, trading, etc but then when it comes to actually playing the game they have little interest? I know so many people like that. I've got ronaldo, pele, etc but I can't bring myself to actually play the game.

i can relate to that to a point. I’ve built a team, been really excited to play with it, and then got into a few games and just not enjoyed myself much. I don’t think your version solves that though. First, it virtually defeats the team building and trading that so many love. Then it turns every game into a match of which team has more pace or strength or height. The game should be balanced more to where someone like Rakitic is just as usable as Kante and Kane as usable as Mbappe. Them being good at different things invites different play styles. They just have to get the gameplay to a certain point where the differences are rewarded. The introduction of these tactics is honestly a good start.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain

That is funny, people always say !You can't do them anymore" yet still everybody does them :joy:

That one pic where EA marked the vision of the player must be one of the greatest lies of that company :joy:

Nah, it's true.

But it's also RNG. 180° passes aren't impossible, they got a chance linked to them so if you get lucky you can play 10 in a row without fail and if you get unlucky you can't even play a single one.

You have never played with Vieira or Bakayoko then. Their passing is truly awful.

In a skill based game stats should barely matter tbf. You line up the pass perfectly, it works with whatever player, you create the perfecto scoring opportunity, you score the goal everytime. Stats are another form of RNG.

100%. Stats have ruined Fifa imo. I'd rather everything was completely manual and skill based rather than rng bs. I wish they'd make it so that the players you use are basically just skins and have little to no differentiation between them, expect maybe physical attributes? Fifa going competitive has highlighted its issues way more than before

That sounds awful tbh. You think Bakayoko should make the same passes that Iniesta does or that Peter Crouch should dribble like Ronaldinho? This has gotta be one of the worst suggestions I’ve seen on these forums in quite some time.

Yeah. I'd rather the game was skill based. I don't want what I'm capable of doing being dictated by the rng of stats and instead be about how good I am at the game. Fifa is garbage and the main reason is the randomness. Give me an arcadey game like Fifa Street any day of the week over the trash EA is serving up. The only stats I'd be interested in is physical stats such as pace, strength, agility, etc

Put it this way, why should someone who has never played the game before be able to pull off a better shot than someone who is experienced at the game, purely because they have a better player?

tenor.gif

:D It's not gonna be a popular comment in a Fifa forum but the game is dying and always will be whilst ea are trying to push competitive play whilst having the rng of stats.

The game is trash. Last years was trash. And 19 will also be trash . Give me an arcadey game over this rubbish any day

What you’re describing literally defeats the entire purpose of FUT though. The whole point is to build your “Ultimate Team” (which you can’t technically do because of chem but that’s a different issue). The whole point of the mode would be meaningless on day 1 in your version. Our starter team would play exactly how we need it to if there were no stats.

Yeah, it somewhat defeats the point of ultimate team not arguing with that, which is why EA would never do it. I'm speaking more about non-ultimate team game modes tbh. but how many people love building a team, trading, etc but then when it comes to actually playing the game they have little interest? I know so many people like that. I've got ronaldo, pele, etc but I can't bring myself to actually play the game.

i can relate to that to a point. I’ve built a team, been really excited to play with it, and then got into a few games and just not enjoyed myself much. I don’t think your version solves that though. First, it virtually defeats the team building and trading that so many love. Then it turns every game into a match of which team has more pace or strength or height. The game should be balanced more to where someone like Rakitic is just as usable as Kante and Kane as usable as Mbappe. Them being good at different things invites different play styles. They just have to get the gameplay to a certain point where the differences are rewarded. The introduction of these tactics is honestly a good start.

FIFA used to be kinda like what he wants it to be.

I remember a TON and I mean actual LOADS of threads and post complaining about what's the point of TOTYs and high rated cards and players that are good IRL if you're just going to get blitzed by Ibarbo, Welliton and Emenike?

It's a damned if you listen, damned if you don't situation for EA.

Back then almost no one used cards like this:

58f4ac5dd662ae83b4bb35c7a6a60c86.png

Because this was way better:

4cd0c17345de6d198ad102052810760c.png
  • Argie8
    7095 posts Big Money Move

Nah, it's true.

tenor.gif

I love ultimate team, but I don't love FIFA anymore. Standardising stats would never happen in ultimate team and I'm not suggesting that anyway. We want to create "the ultimate team" so we have a better chance of winning and using recognisable/ fun players.

There will never be a point where players like Kante and Kroos are balanced as there will always be a meta. You could only make passing be more of a big factor by increasing the RNG of the players with worse stats. As I've said many times, less RNG will always be better than more imo.

I should be able to win a game because I'm better than the opposition, rather than because he has better players. Give me that skill gap
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class

Nah, it's true.

tenor.gif

I love ultimate team, but I don't love FIFA anymore. Standardising stats would never happen in ultimate team and I'm not suggesting that anyway. We want to create "the ultimate team" so we have a better chance of winning and using recognisable/ fun players.

There will never be a point where players like Kante and Kroos are balanced as there will always be a meta. You could only make passing be more of a big factor by increasing the RNG of the players with worse stats. As I've said many times, less RNG will always be better than more imo.

I should be able to win a game because I'm better than the opposition, rather than because he has better players. Give me that skill gap

If you are much better than the opponent - Majority of the time you should be beating them regardless of their team. I find team matters a lot more in the clutch games where you're maybe only slightly better/slightly worse than your opponent.
  • Argie8
    Uberman wrote: »

Nah, it's true.

tenor.gif

If you are much better than the opponent - Majority of the time you should be beating them regardless of their team. I find team matters a lot more in the clutch games where you're maybe only slightly better/slightly worse than your opponent.

I agree. There is still enough of a skill gap that if you are far better than someone you will still win, but a lot of the time if you're at a similar level all it takes is for you to miss 1v1 because of RNG and them to score theirs and you lose. I'm enjoying playing other compeitive games far too much to come back to playing FIFA and getting frustrated constantly. If you can still handle it then fair play but I'm sick of it now. Feels like an abusive relationship tbh :joy:
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move

Silvers and Bronzes are literally just for SBCs now which is pretty disappointing, should force people to use them with requirements

More tournaments!!! There’s nothing for just a drop in and play now. The old days of OP silvers were great.

Everything you need to sacrifice a parent for good luck in victory before starting on FIFA.

Wayyy to serious.

It needs both sides!

I find it funny. EA could screw every but 3 leagues and Icons and wouldn't earn less.
  • Shaanxz
    23938 posts Club Captain
    Argie been playing fortnite for too long and lost his IQ
  • Argie8
    Shaanxz wrote: »

People been playing Fifa too long and forgot what it means to have fun
  • Scutch
    20954 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »

People been playing Fifa too long and forgot what it means to have fun

Sad but true.
  • P
    7797 posts League Winner
    Is George best confirmed?
  • M98H
    14310 posts Has That Special Something
    P wrote: »

Hope so
  • EddieFicio wrote: »

Nah, it's true.

tenor.gif

FIFA used to be kinda like what he wants it to be.

I remember a TON and I mean actual LOADS of threads and post complaining about what's the point of TOTYs and high rated cards and players that are good IRL if you're just going to get blitzed by Ibarbo, Welliton and Emenike?

It's a damned if you listen, damned if you don't situation for EA.

Back then almost no one used cards like this:

58f4ac5dd662ae83b4bb35c7a6a60c86.png

Because this was way better:

4cd0c17345de6d198ad102052810760c.png

Yeah, and now people (me included) complain that those were the fun times.

I just prefer the more arcadey gamestyle.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    #BringBackSilvers
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    I completely agree with @Argie8. The RNG in FIFA is a joke. You can easily lose a game where you are the better player just because your players miss chances due to RNG and vice versa you can win a game you shouldn't because of it.

Maybe that's what the new timed shooting system is meant to stop?
  • Orison
    73881 posts Icon
    edited August 2018
    Currieman wrote: »
    I completely agree with @Argie8. The RNG in FIFA is a joke. You can easily lose a game where you are the better player just because your players miss chances due to RNG and vice versa you can win a game you shouldn't because of it.

Nah. Seems like it got no real value for anybody and is somewhat of a feature for features-sake.

E.g. If you wanna see the bar for the timed shooting (the one you see in the trailer) you need to have the fifa trainer on. If you have the fifa trainer on you can't access those new in depth d-pad tactics tho, because the d-pad is then getting used to determine how much trainer use you want (fully on, just showing advanced button inputs or whatever). So if you got the trainer off to access your d-pad tactics you are basicially doing timed finishes completely blind.

It all doesn't make any sense. I will turn it off.
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited August 2018

To be fair, RNG isnt a bad thing for me in principle. Sure Fifa is too much rtg and differs from game to game. But if you let the real Dybala or who ever make 10x the same shot aiming for the same spot, his 10 attempts wont be identical. Players miss sitters irl too and far from always the best team wins.
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move

To be fair, RNG isnt a bad thing for me in principle. Sure Fifa is too much rtg and differs from game to game. But if you let the real Dybala or who ever make 10x the same shot aiming for the same spot, his 10 attempts wont be identical. Players miss sitters irl too and far from always the best team wins.

Yeah I guess. But it's just so inconsistent. I guess if everyone scored every chance they got every game would be mad scorelines. It's just frustrating.
  • Orison
    73881 posts Icon
    edited August 2018

To be fair, RNG isnt a bad thing for me in principle. Sure Fifa is too much rtg and differs from game to game. But if you let the real Dybala or who ever make 10x the same shot aiming for the same spot, his 10 attempts wont be identical. Players miss sitters irl too and not always the best team wins.

@Pauldejong6 you can have your realism in other modes. Don't want it in FUT. We are putting chemstyles on players and give the most random trashbags 90+ shooting, we use teams with players from 5 different leagues.

In RL it's skill to take a shot. If Dybala misses a shot it's not because of RNG, it's because of wrong foot placement, no body tension or whatever. In fifa these things don't exist, you can do the exact same shot twice and get two different outcomes, because what's determined by skill IRL is replaced by luck/RNG in Fifa.

As if someone says in CSGO "uhm wait a minute, it's not realistic that any soldier in RL would get that many headshots that consistently or kill that many opponents without dying". Realism got no real place in a skill based videogame.

Only problem is that EA tries to push fifa both as a casual and as a competitive game and in the end they fail at both. Game got too much rng to be a proper eSport, but at the same time the lack of "fun" drives away the casuals.
  • Argie8
    edited August 2018

But even your example is flawed. If dybala has 10 shots from the same position, they won't all be identical naturally....however, if he kicks them exactly the same way then they would (it just takes a lot of skill) . In comparison with Fifa, you can do the exact same thing 10x times and any number of outcomes can happen depending on the players stats. This is why we get so many people blaming the game and getting angry, because the rng is deciding whether they are successful or not rather than purely yourself.

I suppose it's a question of what people want in a video game. Do they want it to reflect irl football by adding rng to keep it "realistic " or do they want a skill based arcadey football?

The issue is EA is trying to push competitive Fifa whilst keeping the rng realism, which is why many people have been put off by the game
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited August 2018

But even your example is flawed. If dybala has 10 shots from the same position, they won't all be identical naturally....however, if he kicks them exactly the same way then they would (it just takes a lot of skill) . In comparison with Fifa, you can do the exact same thing 10x times and any number of outcomes can happen depending on the players stats. This is why we get so many people blaming the game and getting angry, because the rng is deciding whether they are successful or not rather than purely yourself.

I suppose it's a question of what people want in a video game. Do they want it to reflect irl football by adding rng to keep it "realistic " or do they want a skill based arcadey football?

The issue is EA is trying to push competitive Fifa whilst keeping the rng realism, which is why many people have been put off by the game

I know. But a players fatigue, the run/work he made to get the shot, or being contested or not, mental pressure etc are all IRL factors and a little bit in FIFA aswell.
    Im not saying this should be a 100% real life simulation, not at all, but also in FIFA it rarely happens that shots etc are completely identical. And if youre the better player, that should not 100% guarantee you will win. That would be incredibly boring.
    I would love this game to have more skill, to be decided by the player. My biggest wish is they eliminate the overpowered AI defensively. Every tool can just 2nd man press, track back, cut lanes, never even make a manual tackle but be a pain to beat. Arcade is fun but to a certain degree, but please reward player intelligence and manual defense much much more. Create a REAL skillgap and dont turn AI assistence up if people cry they are too dumb to play defense as happened in september/october. Make people think, improve instead of just running the same routine every game.
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    People describing FIFA as an RNG are taking the fun out of the game all on their own
  • Orison
    73881 posts Icon
    People describing FIFA as an RNG are taking the fun out of the game all on their own

You moan too much and contribute too little.
  • P
    7797 posts League Winner
    M98H wrote: »
    P wrote: »

Hope so

Me too. Suppose I can check if you can search for him on the beta.
  • Argie8
    Seems me and @Orison basically posted the exact same thing. I was even gonna make the CSGo point haha

I know. But a players fatigue, the run/work he made to get the shot, or being contested or not, mental pressure etc are all IRL factors and a little bit in FIFA aswell.
    Im not saying this should be a 100% real life simulation, not at all, but also in FIFA it rarely happens that shots etc are completely identical. And if youre the better player, that should not 100% guarantee you will win. That would be incredibly boring.
    I would love this game to have more skill, to be decided by the player. My biggest wish is they eliminate the overpowered AI defensively. Every tool can just 2nd man press, track back, cut lanes, never even make a manual tackle but be a pain to beat. Arcade is fun but to a certain degree, but please reward player intelligence and manual defense much much more

Fatigue is an interesting point and I'm not sure how they could incorporate that into a skill based game, other than maybe making it more difficult to time your shots maybe?

I think if we made it more skill based it would become more like real football, where the best team still doesn't always win, just this time it isn't rng causing them to lose.

I can't see EA making a huge change to the skill gap any time soon as that would put off casuals too much. However I really do think there is a gap in the market for a football game like that. It'd get me back playing football games again!
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up

You moan too much and contribute too little.
    You on the other hand make quality contributions
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    What do we think a cheap serie A team could look like?
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited August 2018
    Seems me and @Orison basically posted the exact same thing. I was even gonna make the CSGo point haha

I would love this game to have more skill, to be decided by the player. My biggest wish is they eliminate the overpowered AI defensively. Every tool can just 2nd man press, track back, cut lanes, never even make a manual tackle but be a pain to beat. Arcade is fun but to a certain degree, but please reward player intelligence and manual defense much much more

Fatigue is an interesting point and I'm not sure how they could incorporate that into a skill based game, other than maybe making it more difficult to time your shots maybe?

I think if we made it more skill based it would become more like real football, where the best team still doesn't always win, just this time it isn't rng causing them to lose.

I can't see EA making a huge change to the skill gap any time soon as that would put off casuals too much. However I really do think there is a gap in the market for a football game like that. It'd get me back playing football games again!

In agree again. I think composure and rng are fifas way to 'simulate' factors that can influence a shot irl.. Although i dont think anyone really knows what composure does.
    EA wont create such a skillgap because 90% would lose a lot more games and spend less on fifa points etc. I know, but I always have a little hope lol.
    I still really like Fifa despite the obvious flaws etc. We'll see how 19 goes, its gonna be more of the same 99% sure..
    I think PES tries/tried to be more intelligent gameplay wise, as thats the only thing where they can beat EA. But the layouts, the small player base, and having to play with Snothingham Hotblur instead of proper licensing gives no motivation to even really try it.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Personally think a more tactical game would be interesting.
  • Argie8

In agree again. I think composure and rng are fifas way to 'simulate' factors that can influence a shot irl.. Although i dont think anyone really knows what composure does.
    EA wont create such a skillgap because 90% would lose a lot more games and spend less on fifa points etc. I know, but I always have a little hope lol.
    I still really like Fifa despite the obvious flaws etc. We'll see how 19 goes, its gonna be more of the same 99% sure..
    I think PES tries/tried to be more intelligent gameplay wise, as thats the only thing where they can beat EA. But the layouts, the small player base, and having to play with Snothingham Hotblur instead of proper licensing gives no motivation to even really try it.

I've got my fingers crossed that 19 is better than 18. I've played every ultimate team since it came out so it'd be a shame to completely stop playing :#
  • Shaanxz
    23938 posts Club Captain
    RnG will always exist in a sports game