TOTS Young vs FOF Mendy

theraduku
903 posts Semi-Pro
Who would be the better lb in the 442 formation?

Comments

• Gunnercp
    1368 posts Professional
    I didn't like mendy so id say young out of the two. I prefer rousillon to young though.
  • theraduku
    903 posts Semi-Pro
    Gunnercp wrote: »
    I didn't like mendy so id say young out of the two. I prefer rousillon to young though.

Can't fit roussillon in my squad unfortunately. I could fit Lucas Hernandez tho, but I don't really like the look of him.
    Is young's strength a problem compared to mendy's? I like my fbs to have 3* sm so playing with Mendy wouldn't really be ideal as I tend to take on players with my fbs sometimes and mendy can't really dribble that well.
  • Benaas24
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Young has been fantastic for me, I recommend going for him
  • Kyranst
    473 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Young was great for me before I traded him in. I used Mendy briefly and he was okay nothing special. His low agility and balance make him feel much slower than his card says.
  • theraduku
    903 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah I think I might give young a go. Need to finish the seasons matches first for the reward since I'm a little short on coins. But yeah, thanks for the advice!
  • JohnDoe
    11855 posts Has That Special Something
    Mendy has been far better for me than Young was. He's like a worse Futties Lukaku (who is the best defensive LB in the game, imo), but not by much.
  • Headshrinker363
    5844 posts Big Money Move
    I quite like Mendy too, infact liked him so much I put off trying Young. Evra was brilliant, until the 60th minute. The only player I’ve ever had an issue with stamina and I’ve used EOE Kaka for over 550 games.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Young is really good. Top 3 LB in the game for me after having used every top LB.
  • Shearer09NUFC1
    1207 posts Professional
    I've used young for a long time now and really can't complain, he's a very good card, that being said I have never used mendy
  • michael15172211
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I love young, his weak foot might not be the best for crossing but it makes it so easy for him to cut on his stronger foot and hit shots, his finesse for me is actually really good, he had several game winners for me with his shooting. Overall defending is good but can be stronger. Mendy is solid but was not the best getting forward find it lacking a bit
  • BigPoppa
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited August 2018
    Young by far, I like one of the full backs to have m/m work rates and on top of that it's perfect for the fake shot cut back for the cross. Makes the opponent think twice. Mendy can be a bit of a tank but going forward didn't offer as much for me.

Does depend though I need my fullbacks to get forward and then intercept. If you need a big guy to defend at the back you can change instructions and get Mendy to do that and he will do that better imo.