Fifa 19 News Thread: Ultimate Team News Revealed: New Icons Revealed

Comments

• coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Antiversum wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »
    The no look 180 passes were stupid in 18 tbf

That is funny, people always say !You can't do them anymore" yet still everybody does them :joy:

That one pic where EA marked the vision of the player must be one of the greatest lies of that company :joy:

:D

They are terrible on this game. Looked harder on 19.
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

That is funny, people always say !You can't do them anymore" yet still everybody does them :joy:

That one pic where EA marked the vision of the player must be one of the greatest lies of that company :joy:

Nah, it's true.

But it's also RNG. 180° passes aren't impossible, they got a chance linked to them so if you get lucky you can play 10 in a row without fail and if you get unlucky you can't even play a single one.
  • coatsy
    Orison wrote: »

Nah, it's true.

But it's also RNG. 180° passes aren't impossible, they got a chance linked to them so if you get lucky you can play 10 in a row without fail and if you get unlucky you can't even play a single one.

Problem is all seem to do it with ease. Stats don’t seem to matter for passing.
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

Nah, it's true.

You have never played with Vieira or Bakayoko then. Their passing is truly awful.

In a skill based game stats should barely matter tbf. You line up the pass perfectly, it works with whatever player, you create the perfecto scoring opportunity, you score the goal everytime. Stats are another form of RNG.
  • coatsy

Nah, it's true.

You have never played with Vieira or Bakayoko then. Their passing is truly awful.

In a skill based game stats should barely matter tbf. You line up the pass perfectly, it works with whatever player, you create the perfecto scoring opportunity, you score the goal everytime. Stats are another form of RNG.

Not experienced that with those two to be honest. Passing is fine on both.

I just think that reducing that issue helps slow the game down, which is arguably a good thing and let’s elite passers shine m.
  • krakos000
    18089 posts World Class

Nah, it's true.

I just think that reducing that issue helps slow the game down, which is arguably a good thing and let’s elite passers shine m.

He probably just tries no look passes... :trollface:
  • coatsy
    The only player I’ve really noticed a level above with passing was that EoE Pirlo card.
  • Keano
    20434 posts Club Captain
    edited August 2018
    What's the next gaming event that EA could potentially release more info at? Or do we think that's it untill the games almost released?
  • Shaanxz
    23945 posts Club Captain
    Keano wrote: »
    What's the next gaming event that EA could potentially release more info at? Or do we think that's it untill the games almost released?

Gamescom is in a couple of weeks, will probably be all the leagues team stadiums and icons Revealed
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    Keano wrote: »

Gamescom is in just over a week, I'd say anything major left will be at that. The remainder will be fed from the start of Sept to release over twitter then.
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

Nah, it's true.

Nah, slow game=trash game. Need me some arcadey FUT where skills are smooth and fast.

And it's hard to experience Vieira's passing issues if you play one game of WL every 365 days :trollface:
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    Wouldn't mind something like FIFA 13 tbh
  • coatsy

Nah, it's true.

Nah, slow game=trash game. Need me some arcadey FUT where skills are smooth and fast.

And it's hard to experience Vieira's passing issues if you play one game of WL every 365 days :trollface:

It makes it more tactical. The games awful when everyone has 99 pace and Sokratis has 99 no look passing which adds to the pace.

Rude. To be fair, WL and FIFA 18 have both been trash.
  • Shaanxz
    23945 posts Club Captain
    It’s obvious that the Devs don’t even know what they want. They use so much motion capture that’s for sure
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

Nah, it's true.

It makes it more tactical. The games awful when everyone has 99 pace and Sokratis has 99 no look passing which adds to the pace.

A slow game would mean more of people wasting time and holding the ball for 3 years. A slower game also means that dribbling and skills are mostly irrelevant, same with pressing really.

A sow game is simply boring. FUT is an arcade game, not a tactical/possession one, we ain't playing IRL footy.
  • coatsy
    edited August 2018

Nah, it's true.

A slow game would mean more of people wasting time and holding the ball for 3 years. A slower game also means that dribbling and skills are mostly irrelevant, same with pressing really.

A sow game is simply boring. FUT is an arcade game, not a tactical/possession one, we ain't playing IRL footy.

I am the guardiola of this conversation, yourself more of a Sam Allardyce figure, I see.

Do you really enjoy that over the top speed, everyone 99 pace, weird Chem nonsense?
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    @coatsy respect him , He's a top 100 player . Took him 10 months to achieve that
  • dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite

Nah, it's true.

I am the guardiola of this conversation, yourself more of a Sam Allardyce figure, I see.

Do you really enjoy that over the top speed, everyone 99 pace, weird Chem nonsense?

I definitely didn’t. I prefer there to be a variety of effective players. Nobody ever uses someone like Toni Kroos, a player who should be effective in this game. A striker like Mario Mandzukic is never used. I’d much rather a wider variety in players that are usable and a slower game could achieve that.
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner
    MisterJV wrote: »
    @coatsy respect him , He's a top 100 player . Took him 10 months to achieve that

200w.gif
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

Nah, it's true.

Depends on how it's implemented. Even in your boring possession/slow game players would have 99s in everything at the end of the year, problem is that it wouldn't mean anything, because even 99 pace would feel like 30.

But yes I 100% prefer a faster game over a slower one. I like dribbling and I like skills, I don't like possession players. Simple choice really.
  • coatsy

Nah, it's true.

Depends on how it's implemented. Even in your boring possession/slow game players would have 99s in everything at the end of the year, problem is that it wouldn't mean anything, because even 99 pace would feel like 30.

But yes I 100% prefer a faster game over a slower one. I like dribbling and I like skills, I don't like possession players. Simple choice really.

I don’t necessarily mean possession, I just think more midfield play would be nice. More creative plays. Greater passing error too.
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

Nah, it's true.

I don’t necessarily mean possession, I just think more midfield play would be nice. More creative plays. Greater passing error too.

More midfield play aka more useless possession around the halfway line :trollface:

Nah, FUT should become more arcadey once again. Bring back silvers and bring back Ibarbo, screw Kroos.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Yeah you're going to need a stacked team to even get an ounce of fun out of this game.
  • ha032742
    48193 posts Moderator

Nah, it's true.

More midfield play aka more useless possession around the halfway line :trollface:

Nah, FUT should become more arcadey once again. Bring back silvers and bring back Ibarbo, screw Kroos.

Yeah give me FIFA 15 any day B)
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon
    edited August 2018
    ha032742 wrote: »

Nah, it's true.

Yeah give me FIFA 15 any day B)

FUT 14 TOTY Ibra tho

14 was slower than 13 and 15 and you could still do running scoop turns through whole teams or pace abuse down the wing (and then cross ofc :trollface: ). These days EA is all about the extremes, first it's too much this, then it gets patched to be too much that.
  • coatsy
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Yeah you're going to need a stacked team to even get an ounce of fun out of this game.

On 19...?
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain

On 19...?

Yes.
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

On 19...?

Obviously, they wanna sell packs
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain

On 19...?

Let's just say bad players are ehrm.. bad. Average ones are not much better mind. The gap is probably the biggest its ever been.
  • Orison
    73895 posts Icon

On 19...?

Let's just say bad players are ehrm.. bad. Average ones are not much better mind. The gap is probably the biggest its ever been.

You just increased @M98H fp fund from 36k to 360k