FIFA 19 Starhead Thread

Comments

• A face list ?
  • Nutekandor wrote: »
    airpreezy wrote: »

Picture was taken at the media days, maybe it’s for Fifa 20 or PES, but must be Fifa cause they have the Bundesliga licence till 21 i think

Doesn't look like Staramba equipment. So hast to be EA Capture Lab.

Or even from the Bundesliga itself ..
  • Jeyj38
    1214 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
    Waveform2 wrote: »
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    Not sure but EA need to drop a La Liga bombshell like this...
    The hype this created was INSANE when unveiled; I remember going out that day and preordering FIFA 15 that day lmao

This and when Liverpool were announced as FIFA 14 partners is when I instantly pre ordered FIFA, damn the hype was on a another level

Yeah defo best promotion for a game you can get. Hard to understand really.

Awesome job this year though if we do get LaLiga faces in September. Only let down would be Barcelona and players like Diego Costa that probably didnt get the new treatment... just like Aguero and co. Everything will be solved once they retire... lol.

I take it you mean the current developers not augero or costa? :)

Whot?
    I dont have beta access but we know thats what EA does all the time. They give scans to generic players or promoted teams (which is great) but never update outdated "scans"....
  • Disgruntledas
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    The hype this created was INSANE when unveiled; I remember going out that day and preordering FIFA 15 that day lmao

This and when Liverpool were announced as FIFA 14 partners is when I instantly pre ordered FIFA, damn the hype was on a another level

Awesome job this year though if we do get LaLiga faces in September. Only let down would be Barcelona and players like Diego Costa that probably didnt get the new treatment... just like Aguero and co. Everything will be solved once they retire... lol.

Whot?
    I dont have beta access but we know thats what EA does all the time. They give scans to customs or promoted teams but never update outdated "scans"....

Haha I think he made a joke throwing shade at how **** the EA devs are..
  • WIEM3RMAN
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Quick question, I’ve been out of the country with limited WiFi so excuse if this has been answered. Are all of these new faces from the Beta? I just noticed that a fair few of the new players are in last season’s kits. Thanks.
  • gurnz_7272
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Defoe is gunna get what I call the “Beckham Treatment” (I’m sure Lankz is familiar with that)
    Where the player is desperate for an update but EA never will give them the update and eventually they retire off with a horrid face

I'm so frustrated
  • C_dub
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Timtchenko wrote: »
    A face list ?
    A face list ?

Here. Here.

• Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Whot?
    I dont have beta access but we know thats what EA does all the time. They give scans to customs or promoted teams but never update outdated "scans"....

Your my hero Disgruntledas because you seem to understand sarcasm :wink:
  • Jeyj38
    1214 posts Professional

Whot?

Your my hero Disgruntledas because you seem to understand sarcasm :wink:

I got it. Didnt realise it was about the retiring thing at first.
  • C_dub wrote: »
    A face list ?
    A face list ?

Here. Here.

Where ? Link ?
  • EA_Cian
    1131 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Just another quick reminder as I see folks asking for links but content from the beta is under NDA and not to be shared.

• Alemas_2012
    15181 posts World Class
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Just another quick reminder as I see folks asking for links but content from the beta is under NDA and not to be shared.

Is the NDA under NDA itself?
    Would like to read it. :smile:
  • diegoLacamara
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Idk why EA fight against the internet, people will leak images no matter what...
  • Some teams needs face scans this year, for the CL and the EL:

I'll put some Ligue 1 teams that deserves face scans this year (i'm French)

- Olympique Lyonnais (C1) : - Ironically, EA France's head office is in Lyon :smile:

A. Lopes (rescan), M. Yanga M'Biwa (rescan), Rafael (rescan), Marcelo, L. Dubois, F. Marçal, F. Mendy, K. Tete, H. Aouar, J. Ferri, P. Cheikh Diop, T. Ndombele, L. Tousart, M. Diaz, M. Terrier, B. Traoré (rescan), M. Depay (rescan), M. Maolida, N. Fékir (rescan), A. Gouiri, M. Cornet

- Olympique Marseille (EL) :

S. Mandanda (rescan), Y. Pelé, H. Sakai, Rolando, H. Bedimo, D. Caleta-Car, B. Sarr, J. Amavi, A. Rami, T. Hubocan, R. Cabella, M. Sanson, L. Gustavo, G. Sertic, M. Lopez, L. Ocampos, D. Payet (rescan), K. Mitroglou, C. N'Jie (rescan), F. Thauvin, V. Germain

- Girondins de Bordeaux (EL) :

B. Costil, M. Gajic, J. Koundé, I. Lewczuk, P. Baysse, Y. Sabaly, Pablo, M. Poundjé, Otavio, Y. Sankharé, J. Plasil (rescan), L. Lerager, V. Vada, T. Basic, J. Briand, S. Kalu, F. Kamano, N. de Préville, A. Mendy, G. Laborde

- AS Monaco (CL) - I know, Monaco got a partnership with PES, but why not custom faces? -

D. Subasic, S. Sy, A. Barreca, Jemerson, Jorge, D. Sidibé, A. Raggi, K. Glik, A. Touré, J-E. Aholou, R. Lopes, Y. Tielemans, A. Traoré, A. Golovin, R. Falcao, S. Jovetic, W. Geubbels, K. Baldé

Oh and the Ligue 1 is the fifth major championship in Europe: https://fr.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2018

PS: Don't forget Italy, Portugal, and Netherlands, for sure :wink:
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A certain Ex. ManU LB who is french said the French league was a joke and only 2 or 3 teams could make it in the championship, not my words just his.
  • Alemas_2012
    15181 posts World Class
    A certain Ex. ManU LB who is french said the French league was a joke and only 2 or 3 teams could make it in the championship, not my words just his.

I guess he didn't love this game in France...
  • Pwalie86
    1215 posts Professional
    NDA means Never Do Anything which perfectly describes EA Sports.
  • MML88
    64 posts Park Captain
    this is a beta. in the final version can not appear some new face?
    Upamecano e Konate (RB Leipzig)
  • tomasluisis
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA should give the option to go back to old scans as hazard looks more like he did on his old scan than his new one, especially with the frostbite engine it would look better
  • OptimusFawkes
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    ugh if EA just scanned or custom the proper faces this discussion doesn't even to exist or this beta NDA crap. So frustrating.

over 51% of 80-84 rated players in FIFA 18 have a generic face. PES only has like 2%. And Bern Leno doesn't have a face still, the only 85+ rated player.

And by the time the full game comes out, that 50% will probably change to like 45% or 40%, which is still embarrassing. So stupid.
  • Renatos
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hope they will get Serie A license as it will be boring playing with Juventus on the generic league
  • Hugo25
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Richarlison has face?
  • Pwalie86
    1215 posts Professional
    I avoid the Italian league in career mode because of it being Calcio A. I know it's only due to a few graphics, but the authenticity means a lot.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA should give the option to go back to old scans as hazard looks more like he did on his old scan than his new one, especially with the frostbite engine it would look better

You seem to have no understanding of how rendering works, a low poly render will look even worse when newer software is used to render it. In short Hazard's old scan would look as bad as Aguero and DDG does. Since they are from the same batch
  • tomasluisis
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special

You seem to have no understanding of how rendering works, a low poly render will look even worse when newer software is used to render it. In short Hazard's old scan would look as bad as Aguero and DDG does. Since they are from the same batch

Well nzonzi on fifa 18 looks completely different to when he got his first scan and in a good way, and what about if I want to use Griezmann with long hair, no need to get entitled when I was just making a suggestion
  • Any arsenal players
  • Altair14
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Matt Prior must be 'avin a right giraffe..as Danny Dyer would say.

UEFA license is great, but we've known about it for ages now, so basically that announcement at E3 told us exactly the changes for this year's career mode. And honestly, I think they only bought it specifically for FUT players and just decided to scatter it around afterwards for everything.

Why is it so frustrating being a Fifa fan? Next year, they'll add a couple of little tweaks and bang..£50 quid please! The effort that has been put into The Journey just makes things worse, seeing as this is the last year of it.

They HAVE to put all their efforts that they've put in to The Journey (Its a nice refreshing mode but wasn't what was needed at the time) in to Career Mode for Fifa 20 onwards..

yep, since this will be the last installment of The Journey, we can only hope Career Mode will get some love for FIFA 20.

They should just take stuff out of Football Manager. I don't play it a lot, but I played FM18, and that game is really thorough. Like super thorough - they covered almost everything. I skip the 3D game graphics cause it sucks, but everything else is pretty solid - Training, employees, management, scouting, finances, the whole thing, as one would expect.

I'm just saying they could take a couple of things from FM, especially the transfer system. You can pay in installments, player + cash, loans, future transfers, etc. Sorry, got off track here, but just something to think about

Exactly! New managerial career mode For FIFA 20! Hopefully!
  • jakobbogo
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Why isn't Ronaldo updated? He is the cover star!
  • Pwalie86
    1215 posts Professional
    Career mode exactly same next year. What was the excuse before The Journey?

People need to realise that EA do not care about a career mode. They make so much money through FUT so they're not going to risk making a career mode that has depth and an addictiveness that takes people away from FUT.

Won't be until at least a new company that takes over that there may be changes. It will always be about just doing bare minimal until EA decide to ride off into the sunset with their billions.
  • Niklasf95
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    Altair14 wrote: »
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Matt Prior must be 'avin a right giraffe..as Danny Dyer would say.

UEFA license is great, but we've known about it for ages now, so basically that announcement at E3 told us exactly the changes for this year's career mode. And honestly, I think they only bought it specifically for FUT players and just decided to scatter it around afterwards for everything.

Why is it so frustrating being a Fifa fan? Next year, they'll add a couple of little tweaks and bang..£50 quid please! The effort that has been put into The Journey just makes things worse, seeing as this is the last year of it.

They HAVE to put all their efforts that they've put in to The Journey (Its a nice refreshing mode but wasn't what was needed at the time) in to Career Mode for Fifa 20 onwards..

yep, since this will be the last installment of The Journey, we can only hope Career Mode will get some love for FIFA 20.

They should just take stuff out of Football Manager. I don't play it a lot, but I played FM18, and that game is really thorough. Like super thorough - they covered almost everything. I skip the 3D game graphics cause it sucks, but everything else is pretty solid - Training, employees, management, scouting, finances, the whole thing, as one would expect.

I'm just saying they could take a couple of things from FM, especially the transfer system. You can pay in installments, player + cash, loans, future transfers, etc. Sorry, got off track here, but just something to think about

Exactly! New managerial career mode For FIFA 20! Hopefully!

Honestly, I read a few articles about the journey ending and it seems more likely that while Alex Hunters journey will end, they might just start a whole new story with different characters and a different setting. I myself haven’t really played the journey. I thought it was cool in Fifa 17 but lost interest later. EA being the developers that they are, will probably continue creating unrealistic story modes for the next few years rather than focusing on making the base game more realistic by adding stadiums, licenses, fixing bugs, or updating Aguero. Honestly, we should be happy with all the scans that they’ve added this year, and I applaud them for that. I however am not to hopeful that there’s more to come down the line.