Comments

• Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    Blarix wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »
    All this gesturing about "listening to the community" and then completely ignore opinions :D:D:D:D

We all know that it's a half arsed game each and every year.

Can't get better on a one year development cycle.

Atleast the 60 game WL idea didn't go through.

Yeah, 12 months is not a long time but no changes to career/pro clubs is bad.

You'd think they'd make FUT a real complete package as a result but its stale itself. A few new players and new designs don't keep you playing.

It is basically FIFA 18.5 lol

FIFA 18, which a lot of people burnt out of earlier than ever.

Bad times.

Only time you'll ever notice difference is if you skip two fifa years or new gen.

All they do is add few small things here and there . Change outlay, ratings and soundtrack.

Apparently Fifa 20 will be the next "big" upgrade as the game then lived through 3 editions with just minor updates (and this whole journey/Alex Hunter **** ends this year). Hopefully they change the engine once again. Frostbite has been tragic.

Couldn’t agree more
  • Shaanxz
    24083 posts Club Captain
    Nba live Isn’t using frostbite. Only sports game not using it iirc
  • Argie8
    7220 posts Big Money Move
    Shame there is nothing in FIFA 19 that looks like it'll bring me back. Gameplay will be painful still, no change to the WL system and nothing new/innovative like 5 a side.

I miss the madness of FIFA 17 WL, even with bad gameplay. Guess I'll just have to stick to Fortnite.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Seems like a roster update with the new champions league stuff and a few shooting tweeks..
    People playing the same format of the wl for a third year running just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me. :joy:
  • Scutch
    21145 posts Club Captain
    Should just rename this the moaning and whining thread

It’ll conflict too much with the other threads though.
  • Ventieeeeee
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    So it looks like weekend league will stay the same thats incredible disappointing. For me this means I'm for the first time thinking about not touching FUT since 09. Might just play regular seasons like the old days to get my fifa fix. Just can't believe they want to torture the players again in the weekends, EA is the devil.
  • Orison
    74580 posts Icon
    So it looks like weekend league will stay the same thats incredible disappointing. For me this means I'm for the first time thinking about not touching FUT since 09. Might just play regular seasons like the old days to get my fifa fix. Just can't believe they want to torture the players again in the weekends, EA is the devil.

You can probably get 100k+ per week by playing squad battles and rivals if you really want.

WL staying the same is more of a problem for people who really want to compete in it each and every week and/or get the best team in the game (quickly) without spending money. And also it's a horrible system for qualification purposes, but that's something only like 2 forumers have to care about (Eddie and xcil).

As far as I know you can also keep playing rivals during the weekend so if you cba with WL just don't redeem your WL token.
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move

You can probably get 100k+ per week by playing squad battles and rivals if you really want.

WL staying the same is more of a problem for people who really want to compete in it each and every week and/or get the best team in the game (quickly) without spending money. And also it's a horrible system for qualification purposes, but that's something only like 2 forumers have to care about (Eddie and xcil).

As far as I know you can also keep playing rivals during the weekend so if you cba with WL just don't redeem your WL token.

Yeah they confirmed that you can play Rivals during the weekends.

I'm annoyed that the WL is staying the same but I know I'm gonna end up playing it anyway :lol:
  • jpsblue
    13043 posts Has That Special Something
    one of the comms guys, not zaro or corey, tyler or something maybe? tweeted earlier today that they are still going to release FUT CHamps info soon because he replied to someone saying please add one more day to make it 4 days instead of 3
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    From that article that @Orison posted: "This is also why we decided to combine the progress made during the Weekend League with those achieved in the Division Rivals. This means that every game played among the 40 available on the weekend will also be counted in the aforementioned weekly competition, in order to lighten the load of games to be played against the most competitive players."

What does the bit in bold mean? Do you get points from WL which count towards Divisions Rivals rewards or something?
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Currieman wrote: »
    From that article that @Orison posted: "This is also why we decided to combine the progress made during the Weekend League with those achieved in the Division Rivals. This means that every game played among the 40 available on the weekend will also be counted in the aforementioned weekly competition, in order to lighten the load of games to be played against the most competitive players."

What does the bit in bold mean? Do you get points from WL which count towards Divisions Rivals rewards or something?

Correct
  • Dan is Clutch
    35581 posts World Cup Winner

@Orison I honestly think rival rewards are going to be trash and not worth playing for.
  • Orison
    74580 posts Icon

@Orison I honestly think rival rewards are going to be trash and not worth playing for.

@Dan is Clutch indeed. On that chuboi video he was in div 3 and one of the rewards was 11k coins lol.

As if that gets any WL regular playing during the week. Especially since WL games count towards rivals anyways so by playing all 40 games of WL and finishing Gold 1+ you can probably max out your division on rivals as well.

I honestly think this is their attempt of calming down the market, now you've got no real way of grinding coins during the week (unless the NAT glitch isn't fixed, then draft will be ggnor once again) so everyone is dependant on reward days. I expect major market spikes (bigger than this year) on every reward day tbh.
  • BWild
    3798 posts National Call-Up

@Dan is Clutch indeed. On that chuboi video he was in div 3 and one of the rewards was 11k coins lol.

As if that gets any WL regular playing during the week. Especially since WL games count towards rivals anyways so by playing all 40 games of WL and finishing Gold 1+ you can probably max out your division on rivals as well.

I honestly think this is their attempt of calming down the market, now you've got no real way of grinding coins during the week (unless the NAT glitch isn't fixed, then draft will be ggnor once again) so everyone is dependant on reward days. I expect major market spikes (bigger than this year) on every reward day tbh.

Which should be predictable. So making money on Thursdays and Sundays should be easy enough.
  • Dan is Clutch

Yep and people keep saying that those rewards in that video weren't final and just used to show them off, which is obviously true but they will be very close to what they are in the real game just like the fut champ rewards were when they showed them off before that came out.

I never even thought about the fact WL games will count for points in rivals too, there will be pretty much no need to play during the week at all. :joy:
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

Yep and people keep saying that those rewards in that video weren't final and just used to show them off, which is obviously true but they will be very close to what they are in the real game just like the fut champ rewards were when they showed them off before that came out.

I never even thought about the fact WL games will count for points in rivals too, there will be pretty much no need to play during the week at all. :joy:

You make it sound like a job. Surely you play the game to have fun?
  • Dan is Clutch
    Just for reference, this is what they showed FUT champ rewards to be at gamescom (i think) before FIFA 17..

59970b09174c4d2dd0d95d50c4db60d3.png

That's just 1 of the pages but they are the exact same as what we got in game apart from gold 2 was different. I'm expecting the rewards in rivals to be near identical to what they showed us.
  • Dan is Clutch
    Couchy wrote: »

The problem is, after playing WL you get burnt out. To make the game worth playing during the week (at least in my opinion) there needs to be something worth playing for.

Or get rid of WL completely and just use the rival thing but that clearly isn't something they are ever going to do.
  • Davisto
    6931 posts Big Money Move
    Can’t wait for 3-1-4-2
  • Dan is Clutch
    edited August 2018
    And yeah, playing should be about having fun but that completely went out of the game when they got rid of tournaments. Now every game mode is about highly competitive game play.

Maybe that's just me though, that's just how i see it.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

The problem is, after playing WL you get burnt out. To make the game worth playing during the week (at least in my opinion) there needs to be something worth playing for.

Or get rid of WL completely and just use the rival thing but that clearly isn't something they are ever going to do.

Fun... isn’t fun ‘worth’ playing for? Such a strange view on a gaming.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Also I believe that weekend league rewards have been slightly buffed this year
  • Orison
    74580 posts Icon
    Just for reference, this is what they showed FUT champ rewards to be at gamescom (i think) before FIFA 17..

That's just 1 of the pages but they are the exact same as what we got in game apart from gold 2 was different. I'm expecting the rewards in rivals to be near identical to what they showed us.

Damn that gold 3 looked good. 2 50k packs and an additional 5k coins. So based on that rewards can actually get turned down even more from what we've seen from rivals for now :trollface:

Yes. But is it fun playing rivals during the week? You play 40 games of WL and then more hyper competitive games during the week, because due to your WL finishes you are stuck in div 1, but during the week you play for mediocre rewards compared to WL.

It's simply not engaging and if it's not engaging it's not fun.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

Damn that gold 3 looked good. 2 50k packs and an additional 5k coins. So based on that rewards can actually get turned down even more from what we've seen from rivals for now :trollface:

Yes. But is it fun playing rivals during the week? You play 40 games of WL and then more hyper competitive games during the week, because due to your WL finishes you are stuck in div 1, but during the week you play for mediocre rewards compared to WL.

So for you the engagement levels are directly related to the level of rewards you are getting?
  • Orison
    74580 posts Icon

So for you the engagement levels are directly related to the level of rewards you are getting?

No or atleast not only that. If you are playing competitive games then yes it's direcly linked to rewards. If you aren't playing competitive games then not necessarily.

Both, better rewards for competitive games and chilled tournaments with different requirements can be engaging. Playing the best players for 15k isn't engaging.
  • Dan is Clutch

No or atleast not only that. If you are playing competitive games then yes it's direcly linked to rewards. If you aren't playing competitive games then not necessarily.

Both, better rewards for competitive games and chilled tournaments with different requirements can be engaging. Playing the best players for 15k isn't engaging.

You explain things better than me so thanks. :joy:
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    edited August 2018

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from and elite guys will have it the worst as they will always be in Div 1 due to getting 30+ wins in the WL. It’s not like you can relegate yourself a few divisions for some chilled games.
  • Dan is Clutch

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from and elite guys will have it the worst as they will always be in Div 1 due to getting 30+ wins in the WL. It’s not like you can relegate yourself a few divisions for some chilled games.

And with no DKO this year that option is also gone for a few chilled games.
  • Primal
    11557 posts Has That Special Something

Are the fut rivals rewards weekly? I'll probably give it a miss after 40 WL games because the rewards won't be worth it. I'm guessing if WL matches count towards points in fut rivals we'll all be d1 and holding without actually playing the mode. Surely can't be that daft.
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up

And with no DKO this year that option is also gone for a few chilled games.

*Easy games