FUT General - Forum Fantasy Premier League 2018/19

Chow
2525 posts Fans' Favourite
edited February 6
cHPr5WJ.png
gGqFYUY.png

Fantasy Premier League is back. The official FIFA Forum League will utilise the classic format, though you may want to explore the H2H and Draft modes. As far as I know, there have been no major changes from last season, but I have provided a short FAQ below as well as a link to the full list of rules. Best of luck!

How can I join the (private) league?
First of all you must have entered a team in the game. Once you have a team, make sure that you have the correct league code (54014-423673) and that you are joining an existing league in the correct format (classic). I have renewed the Official FIFA Forum League, so those of you who partook in the league last season will automatically be added to this year's league.

How can I score points?

During the season, your fantasy football players will be allocated points based on their performance in the Premier League only.

LdVdmOZ.png

Please refer to the official scoring section (via rules) for specifics on assists, rebounds and bonus points.

What are chips?
Chips can be used to potentially enhance your team's performance during the season. Only one chip can be played in a single Gameweek.

The full list of chips can be found below:

BAKzANT.png

The Bench Boost. Free Hit and Triple Captain chips can each be used once a season and are played when saving your team on the my team page. They can be cancelled at anytime before the Gameweek deadline.

The Wildcard chip can be used twice a season. The first wilcard will be available from the start of the season until 30 Dec 14:00. The second wildcard will be available after this date in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season. The Wildcard chip is played when confirming transfers that cost points and can't be cancelled once played.

Where can I find a list of all the rules?
You can find the list of all the rules here.

Acknowledgments and history!
Over the years @Sokker14 and @Kaede have also hosted the thread/competition. You can view the 2017/18 thread here, the 2016/17 thread here and the 2015/16 thread here.
Post edited by EA_Andy on

Comments

• Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Please note that if you are unable to login using your account from last season, it may be due to the "incorrect password bug". Reset your password in order to fix this (it can actually be the same password).
  • Tornado31619
    16941 posts World Class
    edited August 2018
    My team name keeps changing from “Adam Johnson’s U11” to “CHANGE NAME”. Anyone reckon that my name is breaking any rules? I thought that my account would just be deleted if it did.

EDIT: changed my name to “Pjanic! At The Disco” after giving heavy consideration to “Dirty Sánchez”.
    Post edited by Tornado31619 on
  • wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    My team name keeps changing from “Adam Johnson’s U11” to “CHANGE NAME”.

Names like that really aren't funny anymore.
  • Tornado31619
    16941 posts World Class
    Curious to know who my victims opponents are this year. Anybody care to share?

(Obviously don't have to as I assume you've all used your real names)
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Very quiet thread considering the fact that PL starts tomorrow night...
  • wijnaldum16
    Think you gotta have Salah in your team tbh. Massive disadvantage if not.
  • mHazard
    Think you gotta have Salah in your team tbh. Massive disadvantage if not.

Definitely. And captained ofc.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    5974 posts Big Money Move
    553b900862e3f5981e1cc4b33fff3b81.png

reckon i need salah? fairly happy with my team but that's the obvious one i'm debating
  • wijnaldum16

reckon i need salah? fairly happy with my team but that's the obvious one i'm debating

You don't need him. It'll just be harder to transfer him in than transferring him out.
  • LoboNobo
    6397 posts Big Money Move

With over 50% ownership Salah seems like a must.
    Assuming you have him, if he delivers you go up with 50% percent of other players. If he fails, you go down with 50% of players. Plus, everyone and their nan will captain him now, so willingly or not, he seems like a must.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    cefcca6af130a711f79716d732606a6f.png

better?
  • WFCBagnall
    70252 posts Moderator
    Screenshot_20180809-233418_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Might change 1 or 2. Unsure yet.
  • Tornado31619
    16941 posts World Class
    cefcca6af130a711f79716d732606a6f.png

better?

Sané for Bernardo IMO.
  • finsfan85
    12393 posts Has That Special Something
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Definitely make changes. Handful of your players won’t even start week 1.
  • holdenwait
    56237 posts National Treasure
    alrighttt, back on the fantasy train this year o:)

was actually surprised with the quality of the squad i was able to put together this time around.

d50e48cbc13502007c4c19881002aa70.png
  • finsfan85
    holdenwait wrote: »
    alrighttt, back on the fantasy train this year o:)

was actually surprised with the quality of the squad i was able to put together this time around.

d50e48cbc13502007c4c19881002aa70.png

Kane likely won’t start GW1 and Son may only play GW1 (Asian Games).
  • holdenwait
    cheers, yeah thought about son situation.. might actually get rid of kane and him and do Leroy Sane and Zaha + some other 7-8 point striker hmmm
  • holdenwait
    edited August 2018
    actually yeah, swapped kane+son for KDB and Aguero.. that seems a bargain in comparison.
  • finsfan85
    actually yeah, swapped kane+son for KDB and Aguero.. that seems a bargain in comparison.

But KDB isn’t likely to start GW1 :grimace:
  • holdenwait
    hmm, why tho? if it's WC fatigue/extended holiday thing, he picked the english players for charity shield and still rested kdb as a starter, I think he'll start (returned to training on monday apparently)
  • finsfan85
    hmm, why tho? if it's WC fatigue/extended holiday thing, he picked the english players for charity shield and still rested kdb as a starter, I think he'll start (returned to training on monday apparently)

Definitely a possibility. I believe the English players came back early though (not sure when KDB returned). Also, FFScout and FF247 both don’t have him in their predicted lineups.
  • holdenwait
    well at worst my new 3rd striker rondon will get subbed in for kdb (automatically for player who doesn't start right?) worth the risk in my opinion. it being a "big game" against arsenal as season opener might tempt Pep to start him after all. i'll have to bookmark these sites you mentioned.
  • finsfan85
    well at worst my new 3rd striker rondon will get subbed in for kdb (automatically for player who doesn't start right?) worth the risk in my opinion. it being a "big game" against arsenal as season opener might tempt Pep to start him after all. i'll have to bookmark these sites you mentioned.

Yes. That is how the substitutions work.

Both of those sites are good. I prefer FFScout and they are usually pretty reliable with their predicted lineups. Of course they aren’t always 100% correct though, so there is always a possibility that KDB does actually start.
  • Scutch
    11033 posts Has That Special Something
    In.
  • WFCBagnall
    70252 posts Moderator
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Definitely make changes. Handful of your players won’t even start week 1.

Like who?
  • mHazard
    Camarasa or Dendoncker?

I originally had Torreira (5.0) and Jota (6.5) but figured Mkhitaryan at 7.0 is better and then some 4.5 midfielder

I think Camarasa might have more attacking influence than Dendoncker...
  • wijnaldum16
    mHazard wrote: »
    Camarasa or Dendoncker?

I originally had Torreira (5.0) and Jota (6.5) but figured Mkhitaryan at 7.0 is better and then some 4.5 midfielder

I think Camarasa might have more attacking influence than Dendoncker...

Dendonker won't get many points.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    24cbf1f9ff152cc6323eeb4e33af719b.png

okay don't think i'll change it anymore. have 0.5 spare, was a toss up between pedro or lucas for the last midfield slot. still could change between now and the deadline. so hard to call right now, just need one or two weeks so i can get a feel of who will play and who won't.
  • mHazard
    Wondering who will be Fulham's no.1 striker, now that Vietto loan went through?

I have Mitrovic in my team, probably need to check for alternatives.

I really liked him in WC though...
  • Tornado31619
    16941 posts World Class
    Will probably start with Mitro.