Ultimate difficulty for Career mode Fifa 19?

ChrisW1991
1014 posts Professional
Hopefully for Fifa 19 they add the Ultimate difficulty to career mode, that alone I think would make it alot more competitive, legendary in my opinion is far too easy so hopefully they improve on the difficulty this time around for offline modes

Comments

• ChrisW1991
    1014 posts Professional
    @EA_Andy any chance you could get us some info on this?
  • Cooler08
    616 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2018
    I think the main problem is the lack of consistency of the CPU teams on World Class and Legendary as the difficulty of matches seems to be in 'blocks'. In a season, you have a certain of amount of matches that are too easy then the CPU cranks up the difficulty with the rubberband AI to make it challenging. That is largely why playing career mode feels like an unsatisfactory experience because the matches are either too easy or the game is engineered for the CPU team to win.

Two of the main flaws with the AI are that-

1. The CPU team is programmed not to turn up in a lot of matches so they have no cutting edge in attack and are easy to score against. You can tell when its one of those matches because the CPU team just punts forward aimless passes to no one and are easy to tackle to win back possession of the ball and their shots are either weak straight at the GK or off target.

2. The CPU teams are not very clinical from set pieces. In a real life match, when a big team has a free kick from about 25 yards or closer on goal, you know there is a good chance they'll score, but in FIFA, CPU teams rarely score from set pieces even on World Class and Legendary.

So make the CPU teams more consistent on a match to match basis especially big teams and teams that have good current form. And make teams more clinical from set pieces to match a RL scoring ratio.

• GoonerSoldier
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2018
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Hopefully for Fifa 19 they add the Ultimate difficulty to career mode, that alone I think would make it alot more competitive, legendary in my opinion is far too easy so hopefully they improve on the difficulty this time around for offline modes

The problem is NOT the difficulty. The problem is that the USER controls are set to AUTOMATIC. This means your pass and shot accuracy is between 95% to 100%. It doesn't matter if you play on GOD mode because you will never have to AIM or POWER UP a shot/pass. Change the game to SEMI AUTO and see how you do on World Class. If you master that than I suggest you put the controls to FULL MANUAL and you will struggle even on Professional.
  • Master110
    952 posts Professional

The problem is NOT the difficulty. The problem is that the USER controls are set to AUTOMATIC. This means your pass and shot accuracy is between 95% to 100%. It doesn't matter if you play on GOD mode because you will never have to AIM or POWER UP a shot/pass. Change the game to SEMI AUTO and see how you do on World Class. If you master that than I suggest you put the controls to FULL MANUAL and you will struggle even on Professional.

Totally. Its only easy for him because he is fully assisted.
  • Mozart
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Every game you lose in Ultimate Team should cost players $5.00

That would surely boost the difficulty and challenge.
  • Dennis1991
    62 posts Park Captain
    Yes Ea, please Add ultimate on Carrer Mode offline! It is Not very difficult!
  • teobibu
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited August 2018
    But there is ultimate mode or even god mode! You should change settings CPU ....passing error 0,shot error 0 ,pace-acceleration 3% more ,first tuch control 54, goalkeeper 100 and last potition marking 100.... If you beat this settings that chance will be around 20%. If you want god mode raise the pace-acceleration to 6%.
  • Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    First they need to fix that AI freezing glitch when you do a skill move and closest defender just stops and watches you go past. They can make whatever difficulty they want, AI can be on god mode and it would still be a piece of cake with that glitch.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

Legendary isn’t easy at all when you play with full manual control. Try it firstly and then come back to share your success.
  • Boommaametw3
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bro play it with semi manual settings, i couldn't even complete 10 passes without losing the ball and it's booring.