Comments

• Sercs
    22442 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2018
    Couchy wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Maverick wrote: »
    Good business from Liverpool. Even more impressive they’ve turned the Coutinho money into £500m

What's the net spend though? And the climate has changed. Is that pic going to be posted everytime we make a signing? :D:D

He only made the comment 2 years ago ffs.

I imagine @Couchy will post it for every transfer you make because he's obsessed. Plus it's a huge contradiction by Klopp :joy:

This was the point of the post, winding up Liverpool fans is a welcome by-product.

At least post the full quotes apart from segments which match what you want to hear :joy:

If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney. The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

"That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

"Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

"I don't know exactly how much money we could spend because nobody has told me, 'No, you can't do this.

"If I spend money, it is because I am trying to build a team, a real team. Barcelona did it. You can win championships, you can win titles, but there is a manner in which you want it."

90m 2 years ago, that was world record for any player at the time :joy:

Klopp is doing it in the right manner, bringing through young talent, selling our top talent who wants to leave for a lot of money and then reinvesting in the relevant areas

just unfortunately VVD price was high due to competition and same with Alisson, plus Roma feel like they were hard done by on fee when we bought Salah

United, which is true even now, buy top talent and then try to shoe horn them into a side or manager which cant properly use them. Pogba and Sanchez for example
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    Thanks baby @ImmigrantMentality
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    Liverpool have plenty of net spend fans, love it
  • Sercs
    22442 posts Club Captain

well its an important stat. If you retain your best players and spend on top, you are constantly moving forward... Liverpool have had to sell top players then reinvest into the side.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    Tribute wrote: »

what for?
  • Maverick
    10355 posts Has That Special Something
    When we sending out our private jet for this dude
  • MonkeyFutty
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    Net spend is just what fans use to try and justify spending big.

A big club doesn’t sell top players for huge sums generally.

Maybe we should start looking at revenue too?
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    Sercs wrote: »

well its an important stat. If you retain your best players and spend on top, you are constantly moving forward... Liverpool have had to sell top players then reinvest into the side.

I agree but it used to be constantly ridiculed in comparisons
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    edited July 2018
    Good business from Liverpool. Even more impressive they’ve turned the Coutinho money into £500m

What's the net spend though? And the climate has changed. Is that pic going to be posted everytime we make a signing? :D:D

I imagine @Couchy will post it for every transfer you make because he's obsessed. Plus it's a huge contradiction by Klopp :joy:

This was the point of the post, winding up Liverpool fans is a welcome by-product.

At least post the full quotes apart from segments which match what you want to hear :joy:

If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney. The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

"That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

"Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

"I don't know exactly how much money we could spend because nobody has told me, 'No, you can't do this.

"If I spend money, it is because I am trying to build a team, a real team. Barcelona did it. You can win championships, you can win titles, but there is a manner in which you want it."

Klopp is doing it in the right manner, bringing through young talent, selling our top talent who wants to leave for a lot of money and then reinvesting in the relevant areas

just unfortunately VVD price was high due to competition and same with Alisson, plus Roma feel like they were hard done by on fee when we bought Salah

United, which is true even now, buy top talent and then try to shoe horn them into a side or manager which cant properly use them. Pogba and Sanchez for example

You now hold the World transfer record for Goalkeeper and defender :joy:
  • Maverick
    10355 posts Has That Special Something

Well yeah, because it makes sense. It's called economics 101 lol.
  • Sercs
    22442 posts Club Captain
    edited July 2018

World record for a player of a position is different to world record overall. 90m back when you got Pogba was absolute ludicrous money :joy:

Thats what happens when you sell a player for 150m
  • Argie8
    7220 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    If you're even considering butland or Kasper I'd be mad

They are both better than Karius who most Liverpool fans actually wanted to give another season last week

I mean they're definitely not. Butland has been shocking since he came back from injury and Kasper isn't anything special. Karius had a decent season overall. 1 terrible matched defined by a concussion doesn't change that. Neither of them have ever been as good as Karius at his peak
  • Sercs
    22442 posts Club Captain

Players in, players out, net spend.

We're not debating who is the richest, United are, as are City. They can go and buy a player for 300m and don't need to sell anybody

Still define that as buying the league.

United have been buying the league for years and years, back when Cantona arrived.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

World record for a player of a position is different to world record overall. 90m back when you got Pogba was absolute ludicrous money :joy:

Thats what happens when you sell a player for 150m

Ludicrous? Not when 18 months later your lot have spent £75m on a CB and 24 months later £70m on a GK :joy: Pogbas value has only increased in this market, not exactly ludicrous to me.

• BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something

United net spend back in March (can’t find sooner) is 270m..... so way higher than Pool even before they started buying this summer :joy:

It’s not cos of united mate. It’s cos klopp made that comment :lol:

If he kept quiet people wouldn’t of said anything.
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move

They are both better than Karius who most Liverpool fans actually wanted to give another season last week

I mean they're definitely not. Butland has been shocking since he came back from injury and Kasper isn't anything special. Karius had a decent season overall. 1 terrible matched defined by a concussion doesn't change that. Neither of them have ever been as good as Karius at his peak

I don't agree with this. Butland was quality before his injury and in Leicester's title winning season Schmeichel was brilliant as well. Schmeichel has actually been really good for them since then as well.

Karius hasn't been great since he arrived, hence why he was constantly fighting with Mignolet for the No. 1 spot. He had a good second half to last season but nothing amazing.
  • Argie8
    7220 posts Big Money Move
    Shame we won't get Alisson as Roma are waiting on Chelsea....
  • hoban95
    69304 posts Icon

United net spend back in March (can’t find sooner) is 270m..... so way higher than Pool even before they started buying this summer :joy:

It’s not cos of united mate. It’s cos klopp made that comment :lol:

If he kept quiet people wouldn’t of said anything.

Exactly. Sercs is just blindly defending him. He's gotta be one of the most biased lads on here lmao.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Spent big in positions of need, don't see the problem given they can clearly afford it. Arsenal fans had been crying for a CDM for a decade.
  • Sercs
    22442 posts Club Captain
    Currieman wrote: »

I don't agree with this. Butland was quality before his injury and in Leicester's title winning season Schmeichel was brilliant as well. Schmeichel has actually been really good for them since then as well.

Karius hasn't been great since he arrived, hence why he was constantly fighting with Mignolet for the No. 1 spot. He had a good second half to last season but nothing amazing.

I think they're both good keepers but Liverpool clearly need one of the top ones in world football if they are to push on.

Basically we need a keeper who can save us 10 points a season, similar to DDG and Courtois.
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something

Hope you don’t mind till Christmas :trollface:
  • hoban95
    69304 posts Icon

tumblr_mxcv9f7FeG1r3q6loo1_400.gif
  • Sercs
    22442 posts Club Captain
    Spent big in positions of need, don't see the problem given they can clearly afford it. Arsenal fans had been crying for a CDM for a decade.

Yeah you are right, tbh not even sure why I'm even arguing the point. Buying top players pays off in the long run, just we're finally spending money which isn't because we've suddenly lost our talisman.

Torres, then Suarez then Coutinho hit us hard, especially the first 2. Put us back 5 steps before being able to go forward.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    Think the Coutinho transfer worked out well for both sides. Classy player but Pool are now a much more balanced squad throughout as a result. He gets to take a step forward and play alongside an all time great and try to fill the massive gap left by Don Andres.
  • Sercs
    22442 posts Club Captain
    Think the Coutinho transfer worked out well for both sides. Classy player but Pool are now a much more balanced squad throughout as a result. He gets to take a step forward and play alongside an all time great and try to fill the massive gap left by Don Andres.

yeah that transfer I wasn't overly bothered about in the end. Midfield was really balanced, it's a lot of money and barca get the player they need

reinvested it well also
  • hoban95
    69304 posts Icon
    Sarri said he's bored by the transfer window :joy:
  • EddieFicio
    22916 posts Club Captain
    Blaise Matuidi “Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player on the planet, knowing that he will play with us is great. Of course it is for him too, he gets to share the dressing room with a world champion!”

Next week -

Breaking - Blaise Matuidi off to Chinese Super League.
  • ORANGEeffect05

Higuain to Milan then :smirk:?
  • RealM
    8680 posts League Winner

Sell Hazard and then deal with what you got. o:)