After the World Cup there's no excuses

MaldinisHeir
360 posts Sunday League Hero
I assume someone from EA actually watched the World Cup?

If they did they may have noticed the odd penalty and set piece. Yeah, in football, there's the thing called a FOUL (it's pronounced like 'vowel' but with a 'f'). It results in all manner of things from penalties to free kicks to yellow cards to even red one's.

After the World Cup there is no excuse for released what is allegedly a "football simulation" that does not have fouls including penalties. They got the number right in FIFA16 and FIFA17 so just do what you did back then.

If there's no fouls I won't be buying the game.

Comments

• ash82
    53 posts Park Captain
    Same. Completely ruined the game for me. PES has exactly the same problem. Not sure how they can get something so wrong when it's been fine in the past.
  • ZizioGardo
    1436 posts Professional
    And why exactly can a player make a foul in the box and then NOT get a single card for it? Time and time again players give away a penalty and then doesn't get punished with a card.. I had one match online where my opponent gave away 5 penalties and he didn't get 1 single card! Every single time there is a penalty in FIFA 18 the player doesn't get punished.. what is the logic behind that, EA?!

Have people complained about getting yellow and red cards for commiting a foul inside the box?
    The referee is absolutly the worst it has ever been.
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Also, when opponent rush into your attacker with defensive player like a train, smashes you and take the ball - every god damn time this should be foul.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    shushumiga wrote: »
    Also, when opponent rush into your attacker with defensive player like a train, smashes you and take the ball - every god damn time this should be foul.

This, omg this this this!!!
  • BLaZiNgSPEED
    419 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2018
    Also one other thing EA need fixing. Often I found myself inside the penalty box, I score a goal or am at least about to score the goal as I am 1-on-1 with the keeper. And guess what happens? The referee disrupts the play and calls back for a free kick because my opponent fouled me earlier so instead of the play going on and me being on the verge of shooting for a goal. The ref disrupts my golden opportunity to score and pulls the game back for a free kick when I was about to just score. This is something that needs addressing.

The other thing I saw with some cheaters online exploiting the weakness of the game is that while I am on the ball entering inside the penalty box, have a clean clear-cut opportunity to score. Some online cheaters somehow manage to foul my other team mates that are off the ball. The referee yet again gives a free kick for an off ball foul while I have the ball inside the penalty and am about to score. Somehow they are fouling my team mates outside the penalty box while I am inside the penalty box about to score. The goal is scored but the ref then blows his whistle and gives me a stupid free kick outside the box instead and my goal is thus disallowed!

This really needs rectifying along with some slide tackle fouls 1-on-1 when I am about to score say in the 90th minute but the ref doesn't give a red card, not even a yellow when the player clearly cheated to stop me from scoring.

Some wrong decisions were made in the world cup. Croatia VS Denmark Mathias Jørgensen fouled Ante Rebic in the 115th minute in the last 16 of the world cup. goal.com/en/news/triple-jeopardy-why-denmarks-jorgensen-avoided-red-card-in/1f30zsokr3g2113hpctrxvejik That for me was a red card offence! Modrić then missed the penalty and Denmark were given a lifeline. In a penalty shoot-out Croatia won. But it would've been a great injustice if Denmark were to win that game. But it was a very wrong decision to only give a yellow when the Croatians were going to win on Extra Time without going to penalties. Things like that need to be considered for FIFA in game as well.
  • china2991
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nearly everything comes down to strength in this game, That's why the fouling system is pathetic, CB's can launch your guy to the floor and there is no foul which they have obviously compensated for so there are not 100 penalties in the game, You are more likely to gain a penalty from a clean tackle than a rugby tackle by the CB in this game. The root of this games problems stem from OP strength Nearly everything is decided on it.
  • Pwalie86
    1512 posts Play-Off Hero
    They should add another slider 'AI Aggression'. Or do it that teams have certain levels of it and depending what players they for them as well. Add in an aggression stat, but even if it's high they won't 2 foot tackle all the time, but misjudge and be a bit clumsy.

• mdizzl3
    12418 posts Has That Special Something
    PES and FIFA are similar in this respect, it's a deliberate move to keep the game flowing. Have you also noticed how shots parried by the keeper don't go for corners but seem to miraculously spins back into play. It is to keep the game rolling and prevent toouch start stop.
  • MaldinisHeir
    @ mdizzl3

They could also keep it flowing by getting rid of throw ins (actually just put walls around the pitch), stopping the keepers from picking up the ball, bringing in a second ball, putting an Ice Hockey style bit behind the goal....,in fact, being a computer game they are not bound by the laws of physics or nature let alone the laws of the game.

But are they trying to simulate a football game?
  • MaldinisHeir
    Actually not being a smart arse there's a very simple fix. Just have a slider that deals with referee strictness.
  • Stuartc88
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ZizioGardo wrote: »
    And why exactly can a player make a foul in the box and then NOT get a single card for it? Time and time again players give away a penalty and then doesn't get punished with a card.. I had one match online where my opponent gave away 5 penalties and he didn't get 1 single card! Every single time there is a penalty in FIFA 18 the player doesn't get punished.. what is the logic behind that, EA?!

Have people complained about getting yellow and red cards for commiting a foul inside the box?
    The referee is absolutly the worst it has ever been.

This definitely has to be fixed. So annoying. 5 pens in one game tho lolol you'd think after two he'd realise he shouldn't dive in with tackles haha. I've found the offside decisions are alot worse. Countless times I've been flagged offside and on the replay it shows the line and it shows I'm clearly onside