OT: XCC GENERAL GAMING DISCUSSION, What has everyone been playing (later my dudes)

Comments

• Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Santiago wrote: »
    Fab wrote: »
    Fab wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »
    Azof wrote: »
    coatsy wrote: »
    Crash is £30. Bit too much atm for me.

Really? How?

piet-piraat.png

This confirms it all. You are Dutch aren't you?

Who? I just google and this guy was the first one that popped up.

Lies.

Exposed

Post edited by ORANGEeffect05 on
  • Azof
    20592 posts Club Captain
    Dutch Belgian is there any difference?
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain

Hell yeah there is.
    2 different types of people.

Assumed he was Dutch though because he dropped some slang before
  • Azof
    20592 posts Club Captain

Hell yeah there is.
    2 different types of people.

Assumed he was Dutch though because he dropped some slang before

All wannabe Germans IMO
  • Low Ki
    14514 posts Has That Special Something
    Cheating in video games is about to make the leap to the next level. Currently, individual games, titles like P.U.B.G. and Overwatch, have to create systems to catch cheaters. However, Microsoft is aiming to develop tech that brings cheat detection to a platform level.

You can click here to read their patent: http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1="20180182208".PGNR.&OS=DN/20180182208&RS=DN/20180182208

In short, individual games and studios won't need to worry about catching cheaters as A.I. within Xbox Live will do that job for them.

The A.I. would specifically be trained to look for abnormal behavior or achievements that don't align with a player's time spent playing a particular game.
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Defiance is coming to xbox one, just found out about it, in a few days and free to play too.

I loved it on the 360, it was buggy, poorly executed, and just overwhelmingly crap, but so, so enjoyable.

I'm gonna be downloading ASAP, met so many good xbox live friends that I still talk to on the original.
  • Rutta
    Anyone got any experience of them steam control pads?

Mixed reviews on the site but could do with a controll pad for my laptop and it’s on sale.
  • Shaanxz
    24083 posts Club Captain
    Rutta wrote: »

Mixed reviews on the site but could do with a controll pad for my laptop and it’s on sale.

Keyboard and mouse or use Xbox controller
  • Rutta
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Keyboard and mouse or use Xbox controller

Never actually tried the mouse keyboard as seems to hard.

Total noob when it comes to laptops and never thought about connecting an Xbox pad. I’ve not got one handy at the moment to try out.
  • Carlos181
    5280 posts Big Money Move
    I’m over these controllers, and how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the bumpers are. Had to replace 4 bumpers already (different controllers ofc).
  • Azof
    20592 posts Club Captain
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    I’m over these controllers, and how **** the bumpers are. Had to replace 4 bumpers already (different controllers ofc).

I presume this is the one controller you are talking about
  • Rutta
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    I’m over these controllers, and how **** the bumpers are. Had to replace 4 bumpers already (different controllers ofc).

Yeah Xbox bumpers are bad. My right one is knackered in under a years use
  • Rutta
    Seems a lot of different versions on steam for life is Strange and unsure which is the best one to get?

On sale so want to pick up

Maybe @Santiago can help me here
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Seems a lot of different versions on steam for life is Strange and unsure which is the best one to get?

On sale so want to pick up

Maybe @Santiago can help me here

What are the choices?
  • Rutta
    Life is strange episodes 1-5

Life is strange : Before the storm

Life is strange : Before the storm (Delux edition)

looks like I have to buy each episode separately and before the storm is DLC?

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain

Alright.

Life is Strange 1-5 is the original one. Play that first.

LIS before the storm after that even though it is a prequel.

Deluxe edition of that just has some extra content
  • Rutta

Alright.

Sound cheers mate.

Each episode is currently £4 where it’s usually £16 when not on sale so seems good offer.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain

Alright.

Sound cheers mate.

Each episode is currently £4 where it’s usually £16 when not on sale so seems good offer.

Make sure to take your time playing it. Look at all the objects etc.

Enjoy!
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    9596 posts League Winner
    edited July 2018
    Full version of Take Me Home, Country Roads as heard in the F76 teaser trailer.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

However, this version is GOAT

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    @Rutta played it yet?
  • Rutta
    @Rutta played it yet?

No not yet mate. Probs not get round to it till the weekend.

Got all episodes ready to kick off though
  • Low Ki
    Have to admit, FIFA might not have gotten the crappy end of the EA studio stick. Remember way back when Lucasarts. EA's Motive Studio's CEO reckons gameplay doesn't matter when exploiting/managing the Star Wars license:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-11-star-wars-fans-want-to-be-the-number-one-star-wars-fan
    "You do have to hit Star Wars fans' expectations," Raymond replied. "Star Wars fans look for authenticity. That's super super important.

"And actually, interestingly enough, the number one motivator for either fans of playing Star Wars games or looking to participate in the Star Wars universe in any way is to become the number one fan. So, basically, to beat their friends at Star Wars trivia.

"It's funny, but the number one motivator for most people is that I could, if I do this, I will learn a new little tidbit - it's a very gamer way of thinking! - about the universe that I can then lord over my friends because I knew this and you didn't, right? I know it seems funny, but we've spent a lot of time talking to Star Wars fans and Star Wars gamers, and that's the number one motivator for everyone: learning more so they can be the number one expert."

Imagine playing FIFA for Martin Tyler's references to learn about the history of the sport.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Have to admit, FIFA might not have gotten the crappy end of the EA studio stick. Remember way back when Lucasarts. EA's Motive Studio's CEO reckons gameplay doesn't matter when exploiting/managing the Star Wars license:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-11-star-wars-fans-want-to-be-the-number-one-star-wars-fan
    "You do have to hit Star Wars fans' expectations," Raymond replied. "Star Wars fans look for authenticity. That's super super important.

"And actually, interestingly enough, the number one motivator for either fans of playing Star Wars games or looking to participate in the Star Wars universe in any way is to become the number one fan. So, basically, to beat their friends at Star Wars trivia.

"It's funny, but the number one motivator for most people is that I could, if I do this, I will learn a new little tidbit - it's a very gamer way of thinking! - about the universe that I can then lord over my friends because I knew this and you didn't, right? I know it seems funny, but we've spent a lot of time talking to Star Wars fans and Star Wars gamers, and that's the number one motivator for everyone: learning more so they can be the number one expert."

Imagine playing FIFA for Martin Tyler's references to learn about the history of the sport.

That's laughable, they're so out of touch with the player base.
  • Low Ki
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Low Ki wrote: »

That's laughable, they're so out of touch with the player base.

I dunno. From what I’ve seen the past month Star Wars fans goals are to drive everyone away from the franchise.
  • Azof
    20592 posts Club Captain
    Hola people. Anyone recommend any mobile games?
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    9596 posts League Winner
    Xbox summer sale tomorrow starting on Thursday
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up

Hopefully good discounts, been waiting for a sale so I could try playing something new
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain

Hopefully good discounts, been waiting for a sale so I could try playing something new

I REALLY want to play Jurassic world but I can’t justify £55
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    9596 posts League Winner

I picked up the Dishonored bundle which has all of the games for $40 last year which is a ridiculous deal! Not looking at picking anything up as I have way too many in the backlog, but you never know depending on what's on sale :lol:
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    Also Just reinstalled Gears 5 after I corrupted my hardrive

Should take me a while to get through