Career Mode

Comments

• kingkenny1997
    1346 posts Professional
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    Some suggestions.

AUTHENTICITY

1. Add more real stadiums such as Celtic Park, Ibrox and all stadiums in the EFL Championship and La Liga.

2. Change the players shirt arm badges when a team is promoted or relegated i.e. promoted from the EFL Championship to the Premier League.

3. Include the official player arm badges for domestic cup tournaments such as the FA Cup and Carabao Cup instead of having league arm badges on players sleeves.

STATS

1. Implement historical records so you can view statistics from previous seasons such as match results, league tables, players stats and trophies won. Include an option to upload historical records automatically so you can view them online on the EA Sports website or within the game.

2. Have match attendance figures that display the attendance after each match. The attendances your club gets should depend on factors such as what league your club is playing in, your teams results and how good they are playing.

3. Have more stats on screen during the match i.e. when a player scores their 25th goal of the season or scores their 100th goal for their club, including a mention of this by the commentators.

COMMENTARY

1. Have commentary that is more connected with your progress as a manager. In FIFA, the commentators mention the result from your previous match, but its rather vague. Include comments from the commentators about things such as-

- If you narrowly won the league last season.
    - You just missed winning the league by a narrow margin.
    - If your club had a great achievement last season such as winning the treble.
    - If one of your players previously scored a memorable goal to win a match i.e. Giggs for Man Utd in the 1999 FA Cup Semi Final.
    - Milestone goals such as when a player scores their 50th or 100th goal for their club.

2. Include mentions of the manager's surname in the commentary if the manager's name is in the commentary database. This will make the commentary feel more realistic and personalized.

IMMERSION

1. Show the players standing/walking in the tunnel before the match to create a sense of anticipation and a big match atmosphere.

2. Have dynamic crowds so if a home team is losing by a large margin such as 0-3 or 0-4 in the first half then fans start leaving the stadium early and you see less fans in the crowd. This will make the atmosphere of the game more realistic and feel like the fans are connected to what is happening on the pitch.

GAMEPLAY / GAME MODES

1. Revamp the AI and remove the rubberband AI that nerfs players abilities making them slow/lethargic with worser shooting accuracy, etc... Implement real AI that is based on the quality of each team and the team/players current form. Make the CPU perform more consistent on a match to match basis so there aren't 'blocks' of matches where the CPU doesn't turn up as there is currently in FIFA.

2. Add a Co Op Career Mode option to allow more than one human player to manage a club so you can play together with a friend managing two different teams. This feature can be available both offline and online.

3. Add youth/reserve league so you can develop next generation talent and create future club legends.

4. Include the option to watch CPU vs CPU matches. For example, in the Champions League if a team in your group is playing mid-week when you don't have a match, you can watch their match and analyze their tactics, etc...

MANAGEMENT

1. When you join a new club, allow the manager to negotiate with the board and sign a contract for a specific length of time i.e. 4 years so they can commit themselves to the club.

2. When starting a new Career Mode, include a 'Road To Glory' option so at first you have a limited selection of job offers and have to work your way up by managing a lower league team before you can manage big teams. This will make Career Mode more challenging and satisfying when you eventually land a management role at a big club.

INTERACTIVE TRANSFER NEGOTIATIONS

1. Add more depth to the player negotiations. For example, during a negotiation a player could say they want to play for a minimum number of matches per season i.e. 25 matches.

2. Include Audible dialogue during the interactive transfer negotiations.

MATCH SIMULATIONS

1. Make the match sim engine more realistic with more varied scorelines and higher scoring matches. Currently, the most amount of goals a team can score when simming a match is 5 goals.

EXTRAS

1. Have a goal of the month and goal of the season feature which features your goals and goals from CPU vs CPU matches.

2. Include stadium upgrades. So if you manage a League 2 team for example, you can upgrade to a higher capacity stadium as your club grows in stature.

3. Include season highlights that gives you the option of watching highlights from previous matches in the season complete with commentary.

4. Have a club trophy room so you can view your clubs silverware in a Trophy Cabinet. Including the feature of a 360° View of the Trophy Cabinet and option to zoom in and out. This will include all your clubs silverware throughout your 15 seasons career as a manager.

Yeah i would absolutely love a Coop career mode option, me and my friend could have loads of fun there
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    airpreezy wrote: »
    Not buy is the only option

So did I. I didn’t buy FIFA 18 (for the first time since 2009) and reading this forum I understood I missed nothing.
  • MaldinisHeir
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not buy is the only option

So did I. I didn’t buy FIFA 18 (for the first time since 2009) and reading this forum I understood I missed nothing.

I didn't buy FIFA18 either and it looks like I didn't miss out.

I did buy FM18 so was able to update all of the FIFA squads using the FM database and sim seasons through FM so that I have fixtures and other teams' results etc. I'll keep going with this unless FIFA or PES deliver a proper career mode.

As I stated above, I just need basics.
  • comet213
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hope some fetures will be added to League Table.
    Last 5 matches result
    For example, W-W-D-L-W

Sorting feature was in FIFA. But It was gone since FIFA 15. I hope It will be revived.
    Sorting based on Lose
    qaZTDtC.jpg
    Sorting based on Draw
    Wi6Icz3.jpg

• Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    edited July 2018
    All we can do is wait for news and hope EA will bring us something. Actually it mustn’t be something it must be full overhaul of the mode.
  • Alexandru_89
    41 posts Park Captain
    comet213 wrote: »
    really interesting how they integrate CL and EL, changing armbands and logos if you qualify with your team for example fulham?
    or does only the teams who have already qualified, official logos and armbands.
    UEFA five Year ranking?
    club ranking?

PES had all of this

Typical EA style
    • Career mode will be same.
    • Champion Cup, Euro League and Copa Europe will be replaced to Champion League, Europa League and Super Cup.
    • Badge and Armband are only available to qualified teams in reallife.

I think you and your marks buddies right here should just go and read the news again...
    Interviews added
    New players presentation
    Hell i don't give a damn but this guy right here made me spoil everything.... Its gonna be all you saw in Alex hunter career mate but much much better... I saved ur as. Sses guys don't trust this mark
  • Niklasf95
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2018
    I know this has been discussed before but I think that they should add a few more generic managers to career mode. They have had them for a few years now but nonetheless I feel like every second match I see this guy at the sidelines:

mqdefault.jpg
  • comet213
    edited July 2018
    comet213 wrote: »
    really interesting how they integrate CL and EL, changing armbands and logos if you qualify with your team for example fulham?
    or does only the teams who have already qualified, official logos and armbands.
    UEFA five Year ranking?
    club ranking?

PES had all of this

Typical EA style
    • Career mode will be same.
    • Champion Cup, Euro League and Copa Europe will be replaced to Champion League, Europa League and Super Cup.
    • Badge and Armband are only available to qualified teams in reallife.

I think you and your marks buddies right here should just go and read the news again...
    Interviews added
    New players presentation
    Hell i don't give a damn but this guy right here made me spoil everything.... Its gonna be all you saw in Alex hunter career mate but much much better... I saved ur as. Sses guys don't trust this mark

@Alexandru_89
    What news? Do you know something?
    Post edited by comet213 on
  • WizardMD
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Many discussions about CM and nothing seems to happen, hopefully, this would be the year when CM gets reinvented, but since this is the last year of The Journey, they won't pay too much attention, probably next year would be the year when CM takes over The Journey... We won't have any news until the demo is released the same as the last year.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3003 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2018
    I have copied my thread of the old forum and want you guys to give as much feedback on how to improve Career Mode as you can and hopefully @EA_Andy passes all of our great ideas on to the Fifa dev team! It would be great if this thread could be stickied to the top of the page to keep all ideas in one place. I will strike out any ideas that have been implemented in to Fifa 18 Career Mode..

* Cut-scenes for press conferences, new signings, manager unveilings, manager of the month, manager of the year, player of the month, player of the year.

* Create your manager's appearance (like create a player) instead of having to use the in-game avatars. (including normal gear and cold weather gear)

* Bring back game face. (this would be beneficial to the above and also player career ^)

* Let us chose REAL managers that are actually in the game.

* Overhaul edit player, there is a bug called the cold weather gear that hasn't been fixed for years. See the Create / Edit Player Improvement Thread!:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/312795/create-edit-player-improvement-thread

* Let us edit generic faces.

* Show player profile pictures for ALL players, even if it's their in-game starhead.

* DLC custom face packs for the hundreds of generic player faces. See The Fifa 18 Starhead Thread:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/270720/fifa-18-starhead-thread/p1

* Balon D'or / World Footballer Of The Year awards (including cut-scenes)

* Generic Stadiums: Please add more stadiums outside of the PL (Benfica, Porto, Celtic, Napoli, Barcelona etc.), including international stadiums like Friends Arena, Warsaw stadium (to make International manager more authentic). As for generic stadiums please see the Edit Stadiums Improvement Thread!:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/312825/edit-stadiums-improvement-thread

* Stadium exteriors, why does Wembley have an exterior view in The Journey but not career mode?

* Realistic transfers, why do Man Utd sign Lewandowski when they have Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Martial & Rashford!? If they make a big signing then in real life they'd sell too, not have them all sat on the bench. This needs an overhaul to make it more realistic, so that teams only buy what they NEED.

* Create a stadium, you had this in Fifa Manager? (

* Option to set club captain & vice-captain when you take over a club / country,

* Loan players should not be able to play against you if you loan them out, and they shouldn't be available for you when you play a team you have a loaned player from either. (think Januzaj against Man Utd).

* Option to buy a player and a send a player going on loan the other way.

* Realistic scouting results, why am I being suggested players like Ronaldo when I am Stoke?

* Add the option of only searching for players within your budget.

* Make international job offers more realistic, (option to turn them off)

* Start as an international manager.

* More job offers if doing well.

* Auto training, players should still train if I don't do them manually.

* Change the competitions badge on players sleeves depending on the competition. (this means the badge should be a separate entity to the players shirt, not etched into it like it has been since Fifa 2000). champions cup would then have generic sleeve badges and when you get promoted to the PL you will have the PL badge on your sleeve.

* Add arena effect to the soundtrack when in the in-game menu, to create the feeling of being at the stadium (this is in PES)

* Why decide to stop making Fifa Manager and then not use any of the things from that game in Fifa?

* Option to turn Real Fixtures On or Off.

* Option to use Icons in Career Mode, turning them to On would see them be available to sign from Free Agents.

* Option to start jobless and wait for offers.

* Option to start halfway through a season.

* Option to start in chosen league at Early, Middle, or End of pre-season (First league game: To cut out pre-season altogether)

* Add the ability to edit International squads numbers.

* Option to manually select friendlies (one off or tournament), by selecting a date and then an opponent, which either accept or decline.

* Play Football Manager to see how a manager mode should be.

@EA_Andy Please tell EA to read all of these great fans' suggestions off their official forum, instead of Twitter / YouTube, the game is a mess and these things are such simple things that should of been added years ago. If they thoroughly read this site, they will realise we are doing all their work for them. (check great threads like The Fifa 18 Stadiums Thread, The Fifa 18 Starhead Thread, Devs Are Ignoring SIMPLE But IMPORTANT Things!, GOAL NET, Unrealistic Shirt Fonts etc)

P.S. It would be nice if this thread could be stickied to the top of the Fifa 18 Career Mode section, for EA to read and take note from their hardcore Career mode users?
    Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    No news no hopes. One more year without FIFA.
  • FawnkyDonkey
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    is that guy any good?
  • henryclay1844
    977 posts Professional
    There have been several of those "'I'm a game changer now" announcements on Twitter. Exactly what good are they going to do between now and launch? It's like they spend one week working on Career Mode. CM needs a little bit more time and resources to fix it's dreadful state, let alone actually make it a little more compelling.
  • Niklasf95 wrote: »
    I know this has been discussed before but I think that they should add a few more generic managers to career mode. They have had them for a few years now but nonetheless I feel like every second match I see this guy at the sidelines:

mqdefault.jpg

I would rather say that I should be able to edit my managers face like I edit my players face. but mostly agree
  • PPerfect_CJ
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    is that guy any good?

From what I've seen on Twitter, he's really dedicated to Career Mode, which is great for us, but it just depends on how much EA listens and they don't have the best track record. At least not with FIFA. He'll put in the work and at least TRY, tho.
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    In the videos from to today ManU and City have both UEFA Euro league badges while playing with them in EL, but in other videos CL badges .. it think this confirms changin badges for CL/EL in career
  • henryclay1844
    977 posts Professional
    In the videos from to today ManU and City have both UEFA Euro league badges while playing with them in EL, but in other videos CL badges .. it think this confirms changin badges for CL/EL in career

Numbers are different too. Potentially the best news outside of the license itself we've had so far.
  • comet213
    edited July 2018

Different sources report that there will be cinematics in the group draws and eliminator in #Championsleague and #EuropaLeague # FIFA19

We will have a cinematic draw with @ChampionsLeague via @DjMaRiiO_90 # FIFA19

Cinematic draw??? I can't believe it.
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro

Numbers are different too. Potentially the best news outside of the license itself we've had so far.

True mate, the only question remaining is, will it be there for all teams or only the big ones... would be nice to see it for even teams like Norwich in CL even when it’s only changing badges and not the kit numbers
  • FawnkyDonkey
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    These elements (badges, draw) sound great. Personally though, i'd prefer a working transfer system and a game that gives me the tournament winnings that i earn so i can take a small club and over time build them into a powerhouse. I also want to be able to play in an online manager mode with other players, similar to the mode Madden has had for years.
  • Shaanxz
    21411 posts Club Captain
    Also there will be 3 stadiums with tunnels

Wanda
    Bernabéu
    Parc de princes
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    A German gaming magazine wrote, that before a CL game in CM the CM Screen is colored in a black/silver theme and for EL in black/red

Small, but nice detail!
  • ManzGOTIT
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    A German gaming magazine wrote, that before a CL game in CM the CM Screen is colored in a black/silver theme and for EL in black/red

Small, but nice detail!
    Look at the City Utd Europa Final Gameplay and I think the pause menu is what they mean
  • airpreezy
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2018
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

Small, but nice detail!
    Look at the City Utd Europa Final Gameplay and I think the pause menu is what they mean

They said before the game, but you’re right I think it will look like this :)
  • ManzGOTIT
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »

Small, but nice detail!

They said before the game, but you’re right I think it will look like this :)

Yeah I was hoping the whole menu changes tho based on the competition
  • MaldinisHeir

Small, but nice detail!

As long as it's not style over substance.

I have a bad feeling this is going to be more about branding than changing fundamental issues with Career Mode.

If anything we need less gimmicks because gimmicks just further restrict us and take away game features.

For example, the pre-season tournament is a gimmick. It adds nothing of substance, it forces us to play unrealistic pre-season tournaments and restricts us from choosing our own preseason games.

Another is training drills. Another gimmick that adds nothing of substance, it forces us to do these stupid training drills after every game and we lose the far more satisfying and less time consuming ability to actually train our teams and players as we'd like.

Another is youth teams. Another gimmick that adds nothing of substance, it forces us to waste time scouting and finding youth team players (including with stupid board targets that fail to take into account actual youth team players that are already in your squad) and we lose the far more satisfying and less time consuming ability to simply have an existing youth team that we play in pre-season and train (see above), and can transfer.

Another is transfers. Another gimmick that adds nothing of substance, it makes a big song and dance out of about the 100 or so computer transfers each window and we're left with a game where the other teams barely change over time except to swap their strikers each summer. This lack of substance then feeds into a boring transfer system where the human doesn't have to compete to sign players because the computer teams are so inactive. And the human cannot even fix the situation because they can't edit other teams.

Another is managers. Now that they're licensing managers (for some unknown reason) we're going to be stuck playing 15 seasons with Mourinho never leaving Man Utd even if they finish bottom. The licensed managers just remind us of the lack of substance behind the game.

The whole thing is basically like the Kardashians.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

Small, but nice detail!

As long as it's not style over substance.

I have a bad feeling this is going to be more about branding than changing fundamental issues with Career Mode.

If anything we need less gimmicks because gimmicks just further restrict us and take away game features.

For example, the pre-season tournament is a gimmick. It adds nothing of substance, it forces us to play unrealistic pre-season tournaments and restricts us from choosing our own preseason games.

Another is training drills. Another gimmick that adds nothing of substance, it forces us to do these stupid training drills after every game and we lose the far more satisfying and less time consuming ability to actually train our teams and players as we'd like.

Another is youth teams. Another gimmick that adds nothing of substance, it forces us to waste time scouting and finding youth team players (including with stupid board targets that fail to take into account actual youth team players that are already in your squad) and we lose the far more satisfying and less time consuming ability to simply have an existing youth team that we play in pre-season and train (see above), and can transfer.

Another is transfers. Another gimmick that adds nothing of substance, it makes a big song and dance out of about the 100 or so computer transfers each window and we're left with a game where the other teams barely change over time except to swap their strikers each summer. This lack of substance then feeds into a boring transfer system where the human doesn't have to compete to sign players because the computer teams are so inactive. And the human cannot even fix the situation because they can't edit other teams.

Another is managers. Now that they're licensing managers (for some unknown reason) we're going to be stuck playing 15 seasons with Mourinho never leaving Man Utd even if they finish bottom. The licensed managers just remind us of the lack of substance behind the game.

The whole thing is basically like the Kardashians.

Agree! All these, say, view features will not inhale a new wave of air into Career Mode. It’s more dust into our eyes and misleading us from real Career Mode issues.
  • MaldinisHeir
    @ Ggggoooopppp What I don't understand is all of these gimmicks take up development time and effort whereas simpler, more accurate and satisfying features would be far easier to implement mainly because they existed 10 years ago!
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    @ Ggggoooopppp What I don't understand is all of these gimmicks take up development time and effort whereas simpler, more accurate and satisfying features would be far easier to implement mainly because they existed 10 years ago!

I’ll explain you. But you won’t like it. EA don’t want to improve Career Mode properly. They aren’t fools. Conversely they are smart. It’s crystal clear that improving Career Mode and making it really interesting and decent it will lead more players from pay-to-win FUT to Career Mode. Understand?
This discussion has been closed.