The 4231 formation guide (Gameplay video added)

Comments

• Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    selb wrote: »
    Salama wrote: »
    France 2018 style 4231

Another fun experiment with 4231. I built a fitness team from some of my fun untradeables & leftovers, such as Prime Larsson, Vardy, FutSwap Ibrahimovic, FB Rooney, FB Florenzi etc. and use it on legendary lvl squad battles.

France has played their strong target Giroud man up top, fast strikers behind him, and then two solid CDMs:

Giroud
    Tolisso/Matuidi - Griezmann - Mbappé
    Kante - Pogba

I use Ibra instead of Giroud: a strong tall guy who can hold the ball for days. Set the striker on "Target man" and the CAMs "Get into the box for crosses."

When you get the ball, try to find a pass to your striker. He should be waiting for the pass outside the box. Shield the ball while the cams rush past your target man towards the goal. Pass & score.

My attack:

Swap Ibra
    Rooney - Vardy - Larsson

Larsson is great at this, Rooney is just horrible :D in my first game I scored two goals with Larsson. It's fun when you get it to work - as seen on TV.

[Edit] Your custom tactics should be fadt enough for long vertical passes, say

60/35
    60/40/60

That's a nice concept you got there, let me know how it pans out. It's always tricky trying to replicate real teams tactics and instructions though

This is just for laughs! I wouldn't play "real" games with my B team, but gonna go with this in the Squad battles just because it's fun to have Ibra on the field.

It's a still a nice concept though, I'd love to be able to replicate my personal favourite ever team, which is the Arsenal Invincible team of 03-04

You must be familiar with the invincibles 442 guide thread right?
  • selb
    6565 posts Big Money Move
    France 2018 style 4231

Another fun experiment with 4231. I built a fitness team from some of my fun untradeables & leftovers, such as Prime Larsson, Vardy, FutSwap Ibrahimovic, FB Rooney, FB Florenzi etc. and use it on legendary lvl squad battles.

France has played their strong target Giroud man up top, fast strikers behind him, and then two solid CDMs:

Giroud
    Tolisso/Matuidi - Griezmann - Mbappé
    Kante - Pogba

I use Ibra instead of Giroud: a strong tall guy who can hold the ball for days. Set the striker on "Target man" and the CAMs "Get into the box for crosses."

When you get the ball, try to find a pass to your striker. He should be waiting for the pass outside the box. Shield the ball while the cams rush past your target man towards the goal. Pass & score.

My attack:

Swap Ibra
    Rooney - Vardy - Larsson

Larsson is great at this, Rooney is just horrible :D in my first game I scored two goals with Larsson. It's fun when you get it to work - as seen on TV.

[Edit] Your custom tactics should be fadt enough for long vertical passes, say

60/35
    60/40/60

That's a nice concept you got there, let me know how it pans out. It's always tricky trying to replicate real teams tactics and instructions though

This is just for laughs! I wouldn't play "real" games with my B team, but gonna go with this in the Squad battles just because it's fun to have Ibra on the field.

It's a still a nice concept though, I'd love to be able to replicate my personal favourite ever team, which is the Arsenal Invincible team of 03-04

You must be familiar with the invincibles 442 guide thread right?

I am for sure, had a great read of it, I've been meaning to try it and now I've got the players that could be similar I may try it out
  • selb
    @Salama how's Allan next to Fabinho? I'm caught in four minds on who to get next to Fab, TOTS Allan, TOTS Casemiro, TOTS Gustavo or TOTS Matic
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    @Salama how's Allan next to Fabinho? I'm caught in four minds on who to get next to Fab, TOTS Allan, TOTS Casemiro, TOTS Gustavo or TOTS Matic

Faster, smaller, often in the right place to win a lot of balls back, good stamina, good passing. Not so great at finishing. But I haven't tried your other options.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Willian 91 has been constantly great at RCAM. I really recommend trying for 175k. Great finishing, great agility & pace, and easy to link.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Played the first WL, 11-10. It was easier than I thought, and also more fun than expected. Only 2-3 games were too hard, god icon squads beating me 6-0 or 7-1. R9 is just impossible to stop if the opponent is good.

There was a loan icon weekly objective and I got 86 Vieira for 5 games, so I played him instead of Fabinho. The difference wasn't huge, but Vieira does have some magic powers.

I'm still really happy with my team anyway. Maybe I'll have a look at so.e of the French winning team cards & the forthcomin Futties, if there's a decent sbc. I still have about two teams of 84-89 rated (now extinct) NIF golds, because I only completed the crappy FoF sbc once and got Alves.
  • selb
    Nice one @Salama, I had the exact same feeling as you after my first WL, it wasn't as hard as I'd anticipated, I've qualified every week since January, don't get to play all 40 though, my best record is 25 wins from 33 games, this weekend I finished on 18 wins from 21 games. Once you've played it a few times and get used to the gameplay (coz it feels slightly different to seasons) then you'll be set for a few more wins, especially with the team you got.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Nice one @Salama, I had the exact same feeling as you after my first WL, it wasn't as hard as I'd anticipated, I've qualified every week since January, don't get to play all 40 though, my best record is 25 wins from 33 games, this weekend I finished on 18 wins from 21 games. Once you've played it a few times and get used to the gameplay (coz it feels slightly different to seasons) then you'll be set for a few more wins, especially with the team you got.

Yeah, I almost felt sorry for the 86 rated NIF/IF teams that I destroyed with my 91 rated blue TOTS squad. But what can you do... The gameplay was good for me and most of the games were more or less even.

You probably could have made the top 100 with less people playing at this point if you played all 40!
  • selb

Yeah, I almost felt sorry for the 86 rated NIF/IF teams that I destroyed with my 91 rated blue TOTS squad. But what can you do... The gameplay was good for me and most of the games were more or less even.

You probably could have made the top 100 with less people playing at this point if you played all 40!

Never feel sorry for these guys, if you do you start going easy on them to make yourself feel better and then they do a stupid bs counter attack, score, dab or run to camera shhing, watch the replay and then start passing round the back, it's happened to me before and it's damn annoying!

I'm not sure about top 100 but I reckon I definitely could've got elite level, it's so annoying I can't get all 40 played though coz the rewards would be so much sweeter, it gets a lot more difficult as you go up though
  • AdrianYeo
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2018
    If I have 2 player 91dinho and tots de brun.
    Who to be the ccam and lcam?
    I have poty salah at rcam...
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    AdrianYeo wrote: »
    If I have 2 player 91dinho and tots de brun.
    Who to be the ccam and lcam?
    I have poty salah at rcam...

I would play De Bruyne CCAM. He's one the best CAMs in the game.
  • kentftw
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    hi dudes, had a few weeks break from fifa but picked it up again at the end of last week. loving my team - but looking for a shift in custom tactics - anyone know some really good high pressure / high aggression tactics? i.e. my defenders really choking the opposition. I feel like my back 6 is good enough now that high pressure is the way to go.

my current tactics are below, and they are doing really well, but feel like I could nick the ball back even sooner.
    70/50 Organised
    60/49/60 Organised
    50/65/50 Cover

had a crazy weekend league experience this weekend. Considering I've never finished above gold 2, picked it up on Sunday night for my first game and said to myself I would stop when I lost ! ended up on 16 wins, 1 loss ?! couldn't believe it and made me wish I gave myself enough time to play the full 40, but it was like 2am when I finished. Don't understand why did so well this week, since I have only added tots ramos to my team. - has all the good players left the weekend league? doesn't make sense

heres my team, anyone have some really good high pressure defending tactics? not necessarily high pressure up the pitch but to make my defenders and attackers dive in a bit more with more aggression and intercept more
    (obviously I have to control some of that too ha)

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5585742

• selb
    The reason you did well @kentftw was due to a weekly objective last week, a lot of noobs qualified, all you had to do was win 6 DKT matches, I finished on 18 out 21, it was a little bit more difficult once elo had kicked in, not much more though
  • selb
    The reason you did well @kentftw was due to a weekly objective last week, a lot of noobs qualified, all you had to do was win 6 DKT matches, I finished on 18 out 21, it was a little bit more difficult once elo had kicked in, not much more though

Sorry that sounded wrong, I meant did better than usual
  • kentftw

ya ya I get what you're saying @selb , honestly I was in shock at how well I was doing and some of the gold + if teams I was coming up against with only a few TOTs cards !
    what was the weekly objective out of interest? Hopefully another WL this weekend with lots of noobs because for once I had a great time haha .

but I bet if I had carried on after that first loss I would have lost like 8 in a row if this ELO thing kicks in

at what stage does that kick in?
  • selb
    kentftw wrote: »

ya ya I get what you're saying @selb , honestly I was in shock at how well I was doing and some of the gold + if teams I was coming up against with only a few TOTs cards !
    what was the weekly objective out of interest? Hopefully another WL this weekend with lots of noobs because for once I had a great time haha .

but I bet if I had carried on after that first loss I would have lost like 8 in a row if this ELO thing kicks in

It usually kicks in after 10 - 15 games.

All you had to do was win 6 DKT matches over the week, very easy to gain access..

In my 21 games I only faced 2 or 3 god squads, a nice change
  • selb
    You on Xbox @kentftw?
  • kentftw

All you had to do was win 6 DKT matches over the week, very easy to gain access..

That explains why I lost the 16th game then to a much better player! Did start seeing god squads after around 11 games but eeked out a few 3-2 / 4-3 wins

unfortunately I'm on ps4 @selb; would love to play you as sometimes just want to play without having to go into seasons and bad connection!

what custom tactics you rocking and how do you defend?
  • selb

That explains why I lost the 16th game then to a much better player! Did start seeing god squads after around 11 games but eeked out a few 3-2 / 4-3 wins

unfortunately I'm on ps4 @selb; would love to play you as sometimes just want to play without having to go into seasons and bad connection!

No worries

I'm using these

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

I mainly cut passing lanes and only go for a tackle when I know I can win the ball, I'm not too aggressive as it tends to leave gaps
  • kentftw
    edited August 2018
    Anyone think of any upgrades to this? Got 250k. Thinking of selling CR7 to get TOTs Aguero but can't think out how to fit him in for full chemistry. Change formation at start and sub Telles on at LB for Oxlade Chamberlain

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5449498 current squad

thinking of this - but would have to change CBs, GK, and LB it looks like.... don't know to who.. worth it?

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5864344

Firmino, Salah, De Ligt, Walker, Gullit are untradeable

Anyone got any better upgrade advice?

• Jimmyb83
    769 posts Semi-Pro

No worries

I'm using these

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

I mainly cut passing lanes and only go for a tackle when I know I can win the ball, I'm not too aggressive as it tends to leave gaps

I’m interested in giving these a go. Do you have any player instructions?
  • selb
    Jimmyb83 wrote: »

No worries

I'm using these

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

I’m interested in giving these a go. Do you have any player instructions?

I only used cut passing and stay back on both CDMs
  • Whufc
    1356 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    Thinking of making the move to 4231 from 4222 anyone got some up to date custom tactics and player instructions please
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Whufc wrote: »
    Thinking of making the move to 4231 from 4222 anyone got some up to date custom tactics and player instructions please

It's easy. Usually just Stay back on CDMs (or just one of them), Get into the box for CAMs, Get in behind for the striker. Some use even less instructions. My CTs have been the same, around

60/35 O
    55/40/60 FF
    55/58/45 C
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

Oh and the CCAM is im central role, so should be top class. TOTS De Bruyne / Gullit, you know. Wide CAMs should be fast if possible.
  • Whufc
    1356 posts Play-Off Hero

Oh and the CCAM is im central role, so should be top class. TOTS De Bruyne / Gullit, you know. Wide CAMs should be fast if possible.

I see you mentioned gullit in a ccam role but was gunna use him as cdm

This would be the team would it work well should I change anyone around don’t really have replacements tbh on nations rashford tots mane and fof Lozano

2_E15192_D_6575_4077_805_A_8_EA509375_AD1.jpg
    the flower that grew from concrete tupac
  • selb
    Gullit is ok at CDM but it's not his best position, i never seemed to get his full effect there, i think hes much better at CM or CAM
  • Whufc
    1356 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Gullit is ok at CDM but it's not his best position, i never seemed to get his full effect there, i think hes much better at CM or CAM
    I was using him as cm in 41212(2)
    The problem is I have no other cdm other than bakayoko
  • selb

The problem is I have no other cdm other than bakayoko

You can use Gillit at CDM, he'll still be great, I just couldn't get the full effect of him there