England

Comments

  • AEsey
    5844 posts Big Money Move
    I think pope or but land should have played against Belgium as that was the perfect opportunity to give another gk a game to show what they've got
  • SDoofus
    3850 posts National Call-Up
    Really want to see Pope in goal. Still can’t get over how he stopped that thunderbolt from Oxlade-Chamberlain last season.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13200 posts Has That Special Something
    In terms of saves and just goalkeeping then pope is better. Pickfords distribution gets him in the side
  • G000ner
    3677 posts National Call-Up
    Pickford's distribution isn't winning us games, though. Pickford's poor goalkeeping ability could easily lose us games. I'd prefer both Pope and Butland, much superior goalkeepers.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited July 2018
    Pope should 100% be starting. He was probably the second best in the league last season only behind De Gea
    In terms of saves and just goalkeeping then pope is better. Pickfords distribution gets him in the side

    His distribution isn't exactly that brilliant either. Certainly not good enough to justify his place over someone who actually has decent reactions and not T-rex arms.

    Pickford is only world class at making simple saves as dramatic and over the top as possible.

  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Alexander-Arnold looked poor because all of his set pieces were poor - that's not really 100% his fault though, since it was obviously the manager who put him on set pieces in the first place. Surely we had a better set piece taker in that line-up somewhere.

    Anyway, nobody in that game proved they should be starting, so the XI v Colombia will be the same as against Tunisia I should think. If anything, the Belgium game showed how many of the first team are actually key to the way we play. Guys like Henderson, Trippier, Lingard, and even Maguire are more key to the system than perhaps we thought.
  • Gervonta
    2936 posts National Call-Up
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Alexander-Arnold looked poor because all of his set pieces were poor - that's not really 100% his fault though, since it was obviously the manager who put him on set pieces in the first place. Surely we had a better set piece taker in that line-up somewhere.

    Anyway, nobody in that game proved they should be starting, so the XI v Colombia will be the same as against Tunisia I should think. If anything, the Belgium game showed how many of the first team are actually key to the way we play. Guys like Henderson, Trippier, Lingard, and even Maguire are more key to the system than perhaps we thought.

    So it’s southgates fault TAA played crap, TAA whips in good balls on his day which it clearly wasn’t no one else is to blame.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Alexander-Arnold looked poor because all of his set pieces were poor - that's not really 100% his fault though, since it was obviously the manager who put him on set pieces in the first place. Surely we had a better set piece taker in that line-up somewhere.

    Anyway, nobody in that game proved they should be starting, so the XI v Colombia will be the same as against Tunisia I should think. If anything, the Belgium game showed how many of the first team are actually key to the way we play. Guys like Henderson, Trippier, Lingard, and even Maguire are more key to the system than perhaps we thought.

    So it’s southgates fault TAA played ****, TAA whips in good balls on his day which it clearly wasn’t no one else is to blame.

    He clearly said it partially was the fault of Southgate for having him take set-pieces alone, not the entire performance, the rest of the performance from him being decent regardless.

    Either you have extroadinarily bad reading comprehension or more likely are intentionlly highlighting snippets and completely changing the context.

    It is obvious what you are doing and that you have some bizzare agenda. Give it up already.

  • Gervonta
    2936 posts National Call-Up
    Hopefully we can get the win tomorrow with our first teamers. Wish d rose had shown more so we wouldn’t be stuck with young.
  • G000ner
    3677 posts National Call-Up
    Cuadrado against Young and Maguire is going to be a nightmare.
  • Kellnerr
    1986 posts Fans' Favourite
    All I want for my birthday today is an England win, so please don't bottle it :joy: This route into the final is a must take opportunity tbh.
  • SDoofus
    3850 posts National Call-Up
    No comments? Really? :D
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Was so gutting to concede that late goal, and extra time was demoralising when Colombia had the momentum. So much credit for the lads for hanging on though, and actually winning a bloody shootout!

    I wouldn't have played Alli to be fair, he only looks about 90%, and Loftus-Cheek didn't deserve to lose his place again for someone who's clearly struggling.

    We all knew Henderson would miss in the shootout, I have no idea why Vardy didn't take that one instead. But luckily there were three Spurs lads available to bang theirs away - you're welcome, chaps. :smile:

    Next up Sweden, which will be a totally different game. Colombia's approach was to be total **** and try and ruin the game, but Sweden will just be compact and organised I should think. We do notoriously struggle against that sort of side, so we'll have to work extra hard to create some chances. If we can just create two or three you'd back Kane to score at least one of them.
  • ViVaWhom
    6740 posts Big Money Move
    Colombia were only **** after kane played for that pen
  • SDoofus
    3850 posts National Call-Up
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Was so gutting to concede that late goal, and extra time was demoralising when Colombia had the momentum. So much credit for the lads for hanging on though, and actually winning a bloody shootout!

    I wouldn't have played Alli to be fair, he only looks about 90%, and Loftus-Cheek didn't deserve to lose his place again for someone who's clearly struggling.

    We all knew Henderson would miss in the shootout, I have no idea why Vardy didn't take that one instead. But luckily there were three Spurs lads available to bang theirs away - you're welcome, chaps. :smile:

    Next up Sweden, which will be a totally different game. Colombia's approach was to be total **** and try and ruin the game, but Sweden will just be compact and organised I should think. We do notoriously struggle against that sort of side, so we'll have to work extra hard to create some chances. If we can just create two or three you'd back Kane to score at least one of them.

    Henderson's penalty was actually better than Dier's. Dier's was terrible and I can't believe it wasn't saved.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Was so gutting to concede that late goal, and extra time was demoralising when Colombia had the momentum. So much credit for the lads for hanging on though, and actually winning a bloody shootout!

    I wouldn't have played Alli to be fair, he only looks about 90%, and Loftus-Cheek didn't deserve to lose his place again for someone who's clearly struggling.

    We all knew Henderson would miss in the shootout, I have no idea why Vardy didn't take that one instead. But luckily there were three Spurs lads available to bang theirs away - you're welcome, chaps. :smile:

    Next up Sweden, which will be a totally different game. Colombia's approach was to be total **** and try and ruin the game, but Sweden will just be compact and organised I should think. We do notoriously struggle against that sort of side, so we'll have to work extra hard to create some chances. If we can just create two or three you'd back Kane to score at least one of them.

    Henderson's penalty was actually better than Dier's. Dier's was terrible and I can't believe it wasn't saved.

    I think you'll find Dier's was better since it actually went in.
  • G000ner
    3677 posts National Call-Up
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Colombia were only **** after kane played for that pen

    that pen was as obvious as they come :D
  • SDoofus
    3850 posts National Call-Up
    Orikoru wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Was so gutting to concede that late goal, and extra time was demoralising when Colombia had the momentum. So much credit for the lads for hanging on though, and actually winning a bloody shootout!

    I wouldn't have played Alli to be fair, he only looks about 90%, and Loftus-Cheek didn't deserve to lose his place again for someone who's clearly struggling.

    We all knew Henderson would miss in the shootout, I have no idea why Vardy didn't take that one instead. But luckily there were three Spurs lads available to bang theirs away - you're welcome, chaps. :smile:

    Next up Sweden, which will be a totally different game. Colombia's approach was to be total **** and try and ruin the game, but Sweden will just be compact and organised I should think. We do notoriously struggle against that sort of side, so we'll have to work extra hard to create some chances. If we can just create two or three you'd back Kane to score at least one of them.

    Henderson's penalty was actually better than Dier's. Dier's was terrible and I can't believe it wasn't saved.

    I think you'll find Dier's was better since it actually went in.

    Good one.
  • Fifafuthed
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    G000ner wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Colombia were only **** after kane played for that pen

    that pen was as obvious as they come :D

  • ViVaWhom
    6740 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2018
    G000ner wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Colombia were only **** after kane played for that pen

    that pen was as obvious as they come :D

    only because kane is a master of being fouled

    he got infront of defender, stopped and leaned down which meant defender fell over him. clever and a pen but it is one of those where kane had no intention to play the ball, he just wanted a pen

    i wouldnt give it
  • finsfan85
    10680 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Colombia were only **** after kane played for that pen

    that pen was as obvious as they come :D

    only because kane is a master of being fouled

    he got infront of defender, stopped and leaned down which meant defender fell over him. clever and a pen but it is one of those where kane had no intention to play the ball, he just wanted a pen

    i wouldnt give it

    Current leader for the Golden Boot with 4 penalties and a deflection he had no clue about. What a joke.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Colombia were only **** after kane played for that pen

    that pen was as obvious as they come :D

    only because kane is a master of being fouled

    he got infront of defender, stopped and leaned down which meant defender fell over him. clever and a pen but it is one of those where kane had no intention to play the ball, he just wanted a pen

    i wouldnt give it

    You're an idiot. If a defender has his arms wrapped around the attacker and hauls him down that's a **** penalty.
  • ViVaWhom
    6740 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2018
    watch it again without bias... the holding is done by both at the start

    later kane leans down without any force by opponent
  • finsfan85
    10680 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Colombia were only **** after kane played for that pen

    that pen was as obvious as they come :D

    only because kane is a master of being fouled

    he got infront of defender, stopped and leaned down which meant defender fell over him. clever and a pen but it is one of those where kane had no intention to play the ball, he just wanted a pen

    i wouldnt give it

    You're an idiot. If a defender has his arms wrapped around the attacker and hauls him down that's a **** penalty.

    It wasn’t in Mitrovic’s case against Switzerland. And that was 2 defenders.
  • Handy Andy
    5580 posts Big Money Move
    Orikoru wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Was so gutting to concede that late goal, and extra time was demoralising when Colombia had the momentum. So much credit for the lads for hanging on though, and actually winning a bloody shootout!

    I wouldn't have played Alli to be fair, he only looks about 90%, and Loftus-Cheek didn't deserve to lose his place again for someone who's clearly struggling.

    We all knew Henderson would miss in the shootout, I have no idea why Vardy didn't take that one instead. But luckily there were three Spurs lads available to bang theirs away - you're welcome, chaps. :smile:

    Next up Sweden, which will be a totally different game. Colombia's approach was to be total **** and try and ruin the game, but Sweden will just be compact and organised I should think. We do notoriously struggle against that sort of side, so we'll have to work extra hard to create some chances. If we can just create two or three you'd back Kane to score at least one of them.

    Henderson's penalty was actually better than Dier's. Dier's was terrible and I can't believe it wasn't saved.

    I think you'll find Dier's was better since it actually went in.

    Hendo's was easily better

  • Handy Andy
    5580 posts Big Money Move
    Baffling that there was/is quite a few who think we were as bad as them with our antics tbh, including their manager :D
  • ChrisLFC
    6705 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    watch it again without bias... the holding is done by both at the start

    later kane leans down without any force by opponent

    he's not capable of that.
  • ViVaWhom
    6740 posts Big Money Move
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Baffling that there was/is quite a few who think we were as bad as them with our antics tbh, including their manager :D

    :lol: England were as bad, if not worse... Kane going down every opportunity, henderson acting like he has been punched by tyson when he just got grazed, lingard kicking **** out of one of their guys, young going over the ball and stud'ing their guy and then acting like he was the one fouled :lol:

    you been sipping some of the Hoddle juice havent you
  • Handy Andy
    5580 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2018
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Baffling that there was/is quite a few who think we were as bad as them with our antics tbh, including their manager :D

    :lol: England were as bad, if not worse... Kane going down every opportunity, henderson acting like he has been punched by tyson when he just got grazed, lingard kicking **** out of one of their guys, young going over the ball and stud'ing their guy and then acting like he was the one fouled :lol:

    you been sipping some of the Hoddle juice havent you

    Henderson going down was embarrassing but not as embarrassing as the headbutt

    Lingard was rightly booked for what was a standard yellow card offence

    Young I agree with.

    Kane was being fouled all game.

    There was a good 10 minute spell or so, starting with the penalty, where they were embarrassing. Every single decision led to them complaining. Their actions after the penalty were a disgrace, 3 minutes of constant arguing where the ref should have been handing out bookings to quite a few of their players, not to mention the scuffing of the penalty spot. Yes at times we over exaggerated things, but it’s bizarre to think that over exaggerating offences by them is somehow worse than their original actions
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Colombia were absolutely disgusting from start to finish. The only incident we were lucky on was Young's tackle with his studs, which I agree was poor. The list of incidents from their team is as long as your arm. It's a miracle they ended the game with all 11 players.
Sign In or Register to comment.