The 4231 formation guide (Gameplay video added)

Comments

• selb
    6654 posts Big Money Move
    kentftw wrote: »
    bit of advice needed again lol

while I was completing Gullit (only 89, 88, 84, 85 squads to go) I packed 91 rated Lingard.... he looks AMAZING but I have a pretty stacked team already, and if I sell him now I have just enough to complete the rest of Gullit...

shall I sell? or wait until he is out of packs and then sell? will he go up? or just down?

this is my team..(what it will be with Gullit) does he improve anyone?

xNd528S.png

https://www.futbin.com/18/player/19363/Jesse Lingard/

I mean if you can wait like a week or two then his price should go up a bit, BUT, WL rewards are tonight which will probably knock his value a bit, if you really want Gullit then I'd personally sell now or wait a couple of weeks, BUT, coz we're near the end game I'm not sure about these new cards prices
  • selb
    Hey guys

Currently having a lot of fun with this team

[img][/img]Companion_2018-06-28-17-25-42.png.

Also changed my tactics to the following

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Won both DKT first time and Div 1 twice with this team and tactics, works great for short, quick passes, completely bamboozled the opponents and made the frustrated.

Any potential upgrades you can see for the team?

How are you guys getting on?
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    selb wrote: »
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Won both DKT first time and Div 1 twice with this team and tactics, works great for short, quick passes, completely bamboozled the opponents and made the frustrated.

Is KDB as good as they say?

I'm currently working on triggering runs, I need to create more goaling opportunities. My CTs are pretty similar.
  • selb
    Salama wrote: »
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

I'm currently working on triggering runs, I need to create more goaling opportunities. My CTs are pretty similar.

@Salama TOTY KDB is possibly the best CAM I've used this year, better than ADP, Prime Gullit, TOTS Suarez, TOTS Dybala and FoF Rooney. I haven't got the stats to hand but he's contributing to over 2 goals a game, his finishing is sublime, his passing is even better and he has 5* wf.

Do you not usually trigger runs manually then? I really only ever do it when I need to create a bit of space, the opponent or opponent AI usually tracks that run and gives 10 yards and a few seconds of space.

What are your CT then? Do you have many issues with them?
  • kentftw
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

jesus Christ that's intimidating!! Four 5* weak-foots, and Firmino's weakfoot not bloody bad either! you must be so unpredictable to play against... I literally can't think of an improvement there :open_mouth: that is some team!
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

@Salama TOTY KDB is possibly the best CAM I've used this year, better than ADP, Prime Gullit, TOTS Suarez, TOTS Dybala and FoF Rooney. I haven't got the stats to hand but he's contributing to over 2 goals a game, his finishing is sublime, his passing is even better and he has 5* wf.

Do you not usually trigger runs manually then? I really only ever do it when I need to create a bit of space, the opponent or opponent AI usually tracks that run and gives 10 yards and a few seconds of space.

I haven't really used triggered runs before. One opponent totally destroyed my defence with it se I thought I'll give it a go. Especially LB + pass with CAM feels good.

My CTs are ~
    60/30 O
    55/40/55 FF
    55/60/45 C

They work great, but sometimes against a good defender it's hard to find the final pass. I thought lower passing + manually triggered runs might fix it.

I still alternate mostly between 4231 and 41212, sometimes 4222 and 4312 too.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

jesus Christ that's intimidating!! Four 5* weak-foots, and Firmino's weakfoot not bloody bad either! you must be so unpredictable to play against... I literally can't think of an improvement there :open_mouth: that is some team!

True... maybe Vieira as the LCDM? :)
  • selb
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Thanks man, I must admit since using this team and having so many players with 5* wf it's given me so many more options, I now don't have to worry about trying to get a particular player on his strong foot and for some reason I've been crossing a lot more, I don't know whether that's coz I usually have a left footed player at RCAM AND always felt the need to check back onto his strong foot thus losing momentum but it's working either way, I've scored some banging volleys with both Neymar and Son, having those 2 also gives me the opportunity to use the swap wings quick command yo throw the opponent off, Firmino doesn't feel like he's got a wear foot, he's scored so many on his left for me.
  • selb
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Yeah i was thinking of saving for Vieira, shouldn't take too long to get him, although Luis Gustavo has been nothing short of fantastic
  • selb
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

I haven't really used triggered runs before. One opponent totally destroyed my defence with it se I thought I'll give it a go. Especially LB + pass with CAM feels good.

My CTs are ~
    60/30 O
    55/40/55 FF
    55/60/45 C

They work great, but sometimes against a good defender it's hard to find the final pass. I thought lower passing + manually triggered runs might fix it.

I still alternate mostly between 4231 and 41212, sometimes 4222 and 4312 too.

Yeah i also have that final pass issue sometimes against better players, usually manage to find it eventually though if I'm patient enough, the amount of games over the last few days where the opponent can't get the ball and starts getting frustrated has been ridiculous, makes it easier to find that final ball though!

I had a game the other day where I was 2-0 down at half time, had 2 shots and not one on target, switched to 41212 at half time and my opponent just couldn't deal with the change, in the end I won 5-3 aet coz he rage quit, finished with 13 shots and 9 on target, I've been doing that quite a lot lately if the first half hasn't been great or I can't get my wide CAMs into the game
  • kentftw
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Yeah i was thinking of saving for Vieira, shouldn't take too long to get him, although Luis Gustavo has been nothing short of fantastic

I agree Gustavo is a GUN
  • kentftw
    finally done it lads... welcoming my first icon player to the club... took a while but i'm there

l28iMSs.png

Going to need some advice from you @selb on how to best use him from CDM ; what are your player instructions ? and could I make any improvements here?

this is my team with 270k in the bank (got some huge pulls while doing Gullit, Zanetti, Litamen!)
    87 Rashford off the bench when Neymar tires

ZHw9xtC.png

• nextqprmanager
    3333 posts National Call-Up
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Selb,
    That`s a nice team, that I can`t afford.
    Just got to sort my FB`s, I will have 250-300k & was thinking Alba [ link to Ramos ] & Walker, but is Zanetti good?
  • selb
    edited June 2018
    @kentftw congrats man, he is absolutely fantastic, just don't expect too many goals from CDM, since I switched him there he's got about 10 goals, but what he does defensively AND contributing to the attacking phase too is just phenomenal, as I said, don't expect many goals or assists but he does contribute to the attack. PI on Gullit are cut passing lanes and that's it, I leave the rest on balanced, you can use get forward too which could probably help get more goals and assists but it will compromise you defensively.

Congrats again mate.

Edit : Also, what's your starting formation?
  • selb
    @nextqprmanager I really like Zanetti, he's not as fast as Walker or as strong offensively as Kimmich but I think he's great, he's got a nice balance about him that makes him unique, he can get forward well and contribute well to the attacking phase but is also solid enough defensively, I also haven't had a problem with his jumping. Alba is also great, you can't go wrong with any of those choices tbh
  • kentftw
    @kentftw congrats man, he is absolutely fantastic, just don't expect too many goals from CDM, since I switched him there he's got about 10 goals, but what he does defensively AND contributing to the attacking phase too is just phenomenal, as I said, don't expect many goals or assists but he does contribute to the attack. PI on Gullit are cut passing lanes and that's it, I leave the rest on balanced, you can use get forward too which could probably help get more goals and assists but it will compromise you defensively.

Congrats again mate.

Edit : Also, what's your starting formation?

Cheers mate, took a while and a lot of saving up of high rated cards - like all the League SBCs, Euro Heroes Fabregas, all undtradeable tots I don't use, fut swap ibra , high rated monthlies etc etc etc ; and then a lot of saving up on coins. Hope its going to be worth it; can't play til sunday but cant wait to use him, I know he'll be awesome (Gustavo and casemiro pairing were good but didn't offer as much to the midfield as him)

have to use this formation to start and then switch in game while subbing on de ligt and telles first time the ball goes out (only pause then too).
    soon i'll have 350k and could buy Son maybe! he would probably be better than Salah (untradeable) right? but can't work out how to get him and Neymar and Ronaldo on high chem :neutral: . really need to get a ST Ronaldo at somepoint to sort that out, or a different striker

now I've got an Icon I should be able to link easier though... do you have any better starting team suggestions or upgrade suggestions?

NDedmJO.png
  • kentftw
    @selb if I sell nif CR7 and 95 neymar I’ll have 1.2 mil
  • selb
    @kentftw if you wanna get Son in the team over Salah it'd just be a like for like swap in your starting formation, with the players you've got and the players you want in the team it's gonna be hard to put it all together without having to swap formations and sub players on straight away.

If you want me to see if I can do it send me a list all the players you definitely want in the team, players that you don't mind selling and untradeable players.
  • Jimmyb83
    850 posts Semi-Pro
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Would you mind sharing your instructions please?
  • selb
    Jimmyb83 wrote: »
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Yeah course, only PI I use are on Gullit and Luis Gustavo

Gullit cut passing lanes

LG cut passing lanes and stay back when attacking

Everything else is on balanced / default
  • Jimmyb83
    850 posts Semi-Pro
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Gullit cut passing lanes

Top man, thank you. I’m going to try and built a 4231 team for around 800k that I can just have fun with. Not bothered about results anymore.
  • selb
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Gullit cut passing lanes

Top man, thank you. I’m going to try and built a 4231 team for around 800k that I can just have fun with. Not bothered about results anymore.

That's the best way to go right now, games almost finished you may as well have fun, it's the reason I've gone with the players I've got, they're all immensely fun to use.

You got any players / team in mind?
  • Jimmyb83
    850 posts Semi-Pro
    Hey guys

Build Up

Speed 60
    Passing 25
    O

Chance Creation

Passing 50
    Crossing 30
    Shooting 45
    FF

Defence

Pressure 55
    Aggression 65
    Team Width 40
    C

Gullit cut passing lanes

That's the best way to go right now, games almost finished you may as well have fun, it's the reason I've gone with the players I've got, they're all immensely fun to use.

You got any players / team in mind?

wllwx.jpg
    120rmhg.jpg
    Im just using this atm, all untradeable apart from golds and willian.
    I want to keep away from bpl as much as I can, possibly get de legit more involved.

Would a target man or fast st be better? I don’t mind either.

Cam probably get 1 mil together with other players in the club.
  • DougInskip
    6464 posts League Winner
    Anyone used 91 Pele or 96 Zlatan at ccam?
  • How do you guys find NIF Ronaldo as a RAM? Is he wasted out wide? Debating between either him, TOTS Mahrez or TOTS Son for that spot as I already have Prime R9 at ST, TOTS Eriksen at CAM & Prime Ronaldinho at LAM/RAM
  • selb
    How do you guys find NIF Ronaldo as a RAM? Is he wasted out wide? Debating between either him, TOTS Mahrez or TOTS Son for that spot as I already have Prime R9 at ST, TOTS Eriksen at CAM & Prime Ronaldinho at LAM/RAM

CR7 is definitely wasted there, I had Mahrez for awhile and he was fun to use but Son is on another level compared to both of them
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Damn, at the moment I feel like LB / L1 triggered run is a cheat code :D

After ~540 online seasons games I'm still in Div 3, but I feel I'm getting better. Latest lessons:

1) LT/L2 - not only shielding the ball, but using it to win air battles, shoving attackers off the ball etc. My greatest fighters are Koulibaly and tiny mr Roberto Carlos.

2) Reading and adapting to opponent's play style and formation.

3) Triggered runs! Almost every game I've had 55-65% possession, and I'm good at controlling the midfield, but sometimes I've struggled to create scoring opportunities - no more! One well timed LB/L1+pass from my CAM Talisca and I've penetrated the defence. Also while learning to trigger runs manually, I can now spot opponent's runs much earlier and intercept/block them in time.

I still need to learn those small skill moves you use to find the perfect pass or a clear shot - a little ball roll or dragback, or just left analog close dribbling. What do you guys use at the edge of the box? I mostly lose against good dribblers.
  • selb
    Damn, at the moment I feel like LB / L1 triggered run is a cheat code :D

After ~540 online seasons games I'm still in Div 3, but I feel I'm getting better. Latest lessons:

1) LT/L2 - not only shielding the ball, but using it to win air battles, shoving attackers off the ball etc. My greatest fighters are Koulibaly and tiny mr Roberto Carlos.

2) Reading and adapting to opponent's play style and formation.

3) Triggered runs! Almost every game I've had 55-65% possession, and I'm good at controlling the midfield, but sometimes I've struggled to create scoring opportunities - no more! One well timed LB/L1+pass from my CAM Talisca and I've penetrated the defence. Also while learning to trigger runs manually, I can now spot opponent's runs much earlier and intercept/block them in time.

I still need to learn those small skill moves you use to find the perfect pass or a clear shot - a little ball roll or dragback, or just left analog close dribbling. What do you guys use at the edge of the box? I mostly lose against good dribblers.

Yeah you definitely need all of your points to move up the divisions and hold your own.

When I'm close to the box I tend to shield the ball and either wait for the run or trigger it myself or I do a little feint one way and then move the other which is a great way to create a couple of yards space, the drag back and push forward is also pretty handy at making a bit of space
  • selb wrote: »
    How do you guys find NIF Ronaldo as a RAM? Is he wasted out wide? Debating between either him, TOTS Mahrez or TOTS Son for that spot as I already have Prime R9 at ST, TOTS Eriksen at CAM & Prime Ronaldinho at LAM/RAM

CR7 is definitely wasted there, I had Mahrez for awhile and he was fun to use but Son is on another level compared to both of them
    Cheers, will try him out then!
  • kentftw
    edited July 2018
    @selb if I sell nif CR7 and 95 neymar I’ll have 1.2 mil
    @kentftw if you wanna get Son in the team over Salah it'd just be a like for like swap in your starting formation, with the players you've got and the players you want in the team it's gonna be hard to put it all together without having to swap formations and sub players on straight away.

If you want me to see if I can do it send me a list all the players you definitely want in the team, players that you don't mind selling and untradeable players.

Hi @selb ; late reply, busy busy weekend, looking forward to first try of Gullit tonight. The thing is - I have no idea which players would be best for this formation since I haven't tried a huge amount this game. I definitely want to keep my untradeables though, as I can't see myself earning enough to warrant submitting them into another Icon SBC. so perhaps i'll list all the players as you say with the lowest BIN on futbin, and the ones I've seen on futbin at an affordable price I don't know!

Untradeables: Firmino cCAM, Salah rCAM, Gullit rCDM, Walker RB, De Ligt (sub-on CB), Rashford (sub-on FW)
    Tradeables: CR7 ST (390k), Neymar lCAM (520k), Gustavo lCDM (95k), Telles LB (140k), Ramos CB (80k), De Gea (70k)

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5449498 + 350k coins in the bank!

Some players I've seen on Futbin at less than 1.3mil (what I'll have if I sold both Neymar and CR7), but no idea if they're good or would be an improvement on team, their stats just look pretty insane..:

TOTS Neymar (1.25mil), 96 CR7 (1 mil), Promes (100k), Son (350k), maybe an affordable Icon like Rijkaard to fill in CDM, the Aguero's look good, or any other player that would be upgrade in my team; I don't know! Now that I've got Gullit its just spurred me on to perfect my team haha

my main concerns are getting a ST good enough to replace NIF CR7 if I swap out from him, and a LAM etc good enough to replace Neymar. If can't do that maybe I just improve other areas of my squad i.e. the defence and the midfield, but those two attackers are where most of my coins are being held. Also I definitely haven't listed all the players I probably would love using, I just don't know of many, haven't tried loads ! just looking at their stats they look madness but I know there are loads out there that may improve my squad - its why I've come here to ask the Qs haha!
    thanks in advance for any advice, its a hard one I know!

EDIT: i'm so **** at this squad making thing... just spent an hour trying to come up with something and could only come up with this barely any changes and I'm 400k short of it anyway hahahaha
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5623838

EDIT 2: After having no luck in changing the attackers at all, I could with my 350k just swap out Ramos for TOTS Ramos... can't think of any better changes just now as I don't imagine there is an Icon CDM (other than Vieira) better than Gustavo, and looking at the stats there's not an Icon CB (other than Maldini) better than tots Ramos? Still have to sub Telles on as love using him, definitely best LB I've ever used, even on 5 chem!
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5449498
    Post edited by kentftw on