selb wrote: »
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Torreira for Arsenal, hopefully!

I hope so, maybe Bernd Leno too?

Oh yes, him as well. Probably wherever Wilshere goes he'll get a OTW.

Yeah I'd imagine so, but as soon as that happens he'll break his glass legs again

Ha. Main reason I'm not too upset that he's going. But he's a big talent, if he can stay injury free he'll be quality. It must be something about Arsenal and training as these sort of injuries happen a lot to our players. RvP, Fabregas, Wilshere, Diaby etc.

I think it was the old regime tbh ;) happened way too often for it to be coincidence! I'm gonna miss Wilshere a bit though coz as you said he's a great talent, he just couldn't stay fit, but when he was 100% he was a top midfielder. He was actually one if the reasons I wasn't too upset when Fabregas left, it looked like we had a ready made replacement for him, his passing and vision was exceptional for his age.

Same, top talent. But hopefully things change with our new coach. Also looks like we want to compete for the title. Emery not settling for fourth. The thing is, some Arsenal fans call Fabregas a snake for joining Chelsea. I disagree. He wanted to join us first and Wenger said no, as we had recently got Özil.

I'm hoping, first and foremost, Emery gets back into the top 4, I know I may be setting my sights a bit low but atm I'll be happy with that, also finishing above the Spuds again! I couldn't believe Wenger turned down the opportunity to resign Fabregas, he was a hero at Arsenal, he knew the club inside out and he's far more consistent than Ozil, I love Ozil but he only ever shows up when he wants! I wouldn't be too sad to see him go tbh.

Same. Back in the top four will be great for this season. And same Özil is greedy and only stayed for more money. Just like so many top flight footballers these days. He's brilliant in his day he doesn't have "his day" enough to help us win the title. If we get a good defensive midfielder I see Ramsey being given that festive role. What I don't get though, is why, even though we were going for a GK we have Cech #1?

I'm hoping Torreira will be that defensive mid, he's not a big strong type like Vieira or even Gilberto Silva, he seems more like a little pit bull like Kante, he's meant to be pretty good and still only 22, I'm actually hoping he's good at that role so we can move Ramsey up field, he's far more effective in a more attack minded position, although he is really good coming from a deep position, just ghosting into the box. Do you not feel that Cech is a bit over the hill now? I don't think he's the same keeper he was a Chelsea, I know he hast had a great defence in front of him but he seems to be making more and more mistakes leading to goals.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Yeah I'd imagine so, but as soon as that happens he'll break his glass legs again

Ha. Main reason I'm not too upset that he's going. But he's a big talent, if he can stay injury free he'll be quality. It must be something about Arsenal and training as these sort of injuries happen a lot to our players. RvP, Fabregas, Wilshere, Diaby etc.

I think it was the old regime tbh ;) happened way too often for it to be coincidence! I'm gonna miss Wilshere a bit though coz as you said he's a great talent, he just couldn't stay fit, but when he was 100% he was a top midfielder. He was actually one if the reasons I wasn't too upset when Fabregas left, it looked like we had a ready made replacement for him, his passing and vision was exceptional for his age.

Same, top talent. But hopefully things change with our new coach. Also looks like we want to compete for the title. Emery not settling for fourth. The thing is, some Arsenal fans call Fabregas a snake for joining Chelsea. I disagree. He wanted to join us first and Wenger said no, as we had recently got Özil.

I'm hoping, first and foremost, Emery gets back into the top 4, I know I may be setting my sights a bit low but atm I'll be happy with that, also finishing above the Spuds again! I couldn't believe Wenger turned down the opportunity to resign Fabregas, he was a hero at Arsenal, he knew the club inside out and he's far more consistent than Ozil, I love Ozil but he only ever shows up when he wants! I wouldn't be too sad to see him go tbh.

Same. Back in the top four will be great for this season. And same Özil is greedy and only stayed for more money. Just like so many top flight footballers these days. He's brilliant in his day he doesn't have "his day" enough to help us win the title. If we get a good defensive midfielder I see Ramsey being given that festive role. What I don't get though, is why, even though we were going for a GK we have Cech #1?

I'm hoping Torreira will be that defensive mid, he's not a big strong type like Vieira or even Gilberto Silva, he seems more like a little pit bull like Kante, he's meant to be pretty good and still only 22, I'm actually hoping he's good at that role so we can move Ramsey up field, he's far more effective in a more attack minded position, although he is really good coming from a deep position, just ghosting into the box. Do you not feel that Cech is a bit over the hill now? I don't think he's the same keeper he was a Chelsea, I know he hast had a great defence in front of him but he seems to be making more and more mistakes leading to goals.

Yeah Cech is not our #1 anymore, Leno is. That's why I'm confused as to why he got the #1 shirt. If we get a the "new Kante" I won't complain at all.
  • selb
    7262 posts League Winner

Yeah Cech is not our #1 anymore, Leno is. That's why I'm confused as to why he got the #1 shirt. If we get a the "new Kante" I won't complain at all.

Oh sorry I misunderstood, yeah that whole shirt number thing is a bit odd considering rumours were flying around even when he got given the number 1 jersey. We'll soon see regarding Torreira, from what I heard yesterday, he gave a good account for himself for Uruguay and has been superb in Serie A.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Oh sorry I misunderstood, yeah that whole shirt number thing is a bit odd considering rumours were flying around even when he got given the number 1 jersey. We'll soon see regarding Torreira, from what I heard yesterday, he gave a good account for himself for Uruguay and has been superb in Serie A.

Seria A is vastly different from the BPL but he'll have to adapt quickly. Apparently Sokratis is done but won't be announced until July 1st for Financial reasons.
  • selb
    7262 posts League Winner

Seria A is vastly different from the BPL but he'll have to adapt quickly. Apparently Sokratis is done but won't be announced until July 1st for Financial reasons.

Agreed but no league compares to the PL in regards to physicality, technique and speed of the games! I'm not sure about Sokratis, he's been great in the Bundesliga over the last few years but I'm not entirely convinced, although he can't be any worse than Mustafi towards the end of the season. What do you think of the Banega rumours?
  • selb
    7262 posts League Winner
    I think weve well and truly derailed this thread @AFC_95
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I think weve well and truly derailed this thread @AFC_95

Hahaha well it started about a OTW lol.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Agreed but no league compares to the PL in regards to physicality, technique and speed of the games! I'm not sure about Sokratis, he's been great in the Bundesliga over the last few years but I'm not entirely convinced, although he can't be any worse than Mustafi towards the end of the season. What do you think of the Banega rumours?

I want Banega because I've realised what Unai and the board are doing. They want competition in positions. Hence why Lacazette and Aubameyang, Sokratis to challenge Koscielney and Mustafi, Leno and Cech etc. Its what we need. A big squad who can challenge for places.
  • GoalGiant
    1803 posts Play-Off Hero
    A6_F4595_D_4_D03_48_AA_8_E9_B_B782_D716_CA62.png
  • selb
    7262 posts League Winner

I want Banega because I've realised what Unai and the board are doing. They want competition in positions. Hence why Lacazette and Aubameyang, Sokratis to challenge Koscielney and Mustafi, Leno and Cech etc. Its what we need. A big squad who can challenge for places.

Aye, we have needed it for a very long time, just like we've needed a solid defensive mid, for some reason Wenger (and I'm not hating on him, he's a legend) just focused on the attack minded players far too much, rarely spent big money on a defensive minded player. We'll see how the new season goes but I'm hopeful and actually looking forward to the season getting started (haven't said that for a very long time!). It's actually nice to see Arsenal proactive in the market too, not waiting until deadline day to get the leftover scraps!
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Aye, we have needed it for a very long time, just like we've needed a solid defensive mid, for some reason Wenger (and I'm not hating on him, he's a legend) just focused on the attack minded players far too much, rarely spent big money on a defensive minded player. We'll see how the new season goes but I'm hopeful and actually looking forward to the season getting started (haven't said that for a very long time!). It's actually nice to see Arsenal proactive in the market too, not waiting until deadline day to get the leftover scraps!

I think arsenal did a good job of hiring a head coach and not a manager. Basically saying that Unai has no final say in transfers. Wenger has too much say in decisions like this.
  • GoalGiant
    1803 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pastore signed for Roma?
  • selb
    7262 posts League Winner
    GoalGiant wrote: »
    Pastore signed for Roma?

Yeah, around 22 mil I think
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    I remember back when he played in Italy he was pretty hyped then
  • selb
    7262 posts League Winner

I think arsenal did a good job of hiring a head coach and not a manager. Basically saying that Unai has no final say in transfers. Wenger has too much say in decisions like this.

I think thats what they've been thinking for the last year, it's the reason they brought Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi in, so they can deal with all transfers and things like that and Emery can get on with coaching, I think a lot of clubs are going down that route now, but as long as Emery can get the type of players he wants I think it'll be all good, I think he's actually a good coach and a good choice for Arsenal
  • Tornado31619
    21709 posts Club Captain
    It’s 30 or under.
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Pastore and Justin Kluivert to Roma
  • Bob_Dylan
    20906 posts Club Captain
    GoalGiant wrote: »
    I think Nain will Be Be 85 rated next year

Yeah me too
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

I think thats what they've been thinking for the last year, it's the reason they brought Sven Mislintat and Raul Sanllehi in, so they can deal with all transfers and things like that and Emery can get on with coaching, I think a lot of clubs are going down that route now, but as long as Emery can get the type of players he wants I think it'll be all good, I think he's actually a good coach and a good choice for Arsenal

Agreed. Fingers crossed for next season!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14358 posts World Class
    These 3 should be good B)

VkWvqs1.jpg
    KY2bEFz.jpg
    2uZ7Rat.jpg
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    Don't think it is sub 30 anymore, they said that on 17 but changed it for 18, I'm pretty sure anyway
  • Maradona
    4833 posts Big Money Move
    Fred is the new Ramires.. done deal... see you soon Fred, every friggin game
  • Lackosweat
    7362 posts Big Money Move
    Maradona wrote: »
    Fred is the new Ramires.. done deal... see you soon Fred, every friggin game

Ramires was 88 rated though. King Bakayoko will still be the goat B)