• Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Cahill - Maguire - Young
    Henderson - Alli - Dier
    Lingard
    Vardy Sterling
    Please

Lmfao. We are so lucky you have no say in the England line up or else we’d be out after the second group game lmao.
  • Gervonta
    G000ner wrote: »
    Of course Sterling should start

I'd happily see something along these lines
    Pickford
    Walker-Stones-Cahill
    Trippier-Henderson/Dier-Alli-Rose
    Sterling
    Rashford-Kane

That’s the best one I’ve seen balanced in all area’s imo. Could swap TAA and Trippier though TAA looked decent yesterday early balls into the box were brilliant for a striker to run onto.
  • james2060
    2872 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pickford
    Walker - Cahill- Maguire
    Trippier - Dier - Rose
    Dele - Delph
    Sterling - Kane

imo
  • AEsey
    6019 posts Big Money Move
    Cmon England
  • ViVaWhom
    8295 posts League Winner
    edited June 2018
    that wasn't kanes goal
  • finsfan85
    12936 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    that wasn't kanes goal

Uh. Yea it was.
  • WryLucky
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    The state of the refereeing in the World Cup.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bring on Vardy, he'll score the winner
  • Sk Rapid Wien 1899
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2018
    … bring on ALEX HUNTER :-)
    damn that hurts, what England is missing

,,, at last KANE !!!!

So next task in "THE JOURNEY 19" , assist a goal for Kane in the opening match :-)
  • joehuk
    3449 posts National Call-Up
    Loftus Cheek over Delli alli
    Rose over Young
    Rashford/Vardy over Sterling/Lingard

Loftus Cheek is a powerhouse of a midfielder and he looks incredible
    young had no end product
    Sterling & Lingard can't kick a ball 5yard out.

• Gervonta
    I’m actually quite proud of that performance. Though be it we stole it at the death against poor opposition we still created a lot of chances instead of normalcy creating one or two chances over 90 minutes and drawing 0-0.

• joehuk
    3449 posts National Call-Up
    Gervonta wrote: »
    I’m actually quite proud of that performance. Though be it we stole it at the death against poor opposition we still created a lot of chances instead of normalcy creating one or two chances over 90 minutes and drawing 0-0.

I agree, Yes we struggled at times, but far better effort put into Euro 2016

But I do feel Loftus cheek needs to start, he's been so impressive of late for england and imo deserved it over Alli, reminds me of a Gortezka, Savic kind of player

Very Agile, Strong, Tall.
  • G000ner
    4416 posts National Call-Up
    Best England performance in a long time. First half was excellent and we should have been going in a few goals ahead. We also should have had a couple of penalties. The movement from Alli and Lingard was great and Henderson played some nice passes. Finishing on the other hand was absolutely dreadful. Second half was the England we were more used to seeing (but still an improvement tbh), we can make excuses about heat, Tunisia sitting deeper etc, but we just didn't play as well. In the end we got the winner we deserved from the only man on the pitch who seemed to be able to finish. Harry Kane had a decent game- didn't do a lot. But he knows one thing the rest of our team doesn't and that's where the goal is. Second goal was a perfect example of that- very underrated finish.

Was really impressed with Trippier and Stones. This system is basically made for them and they looked very confident. I'd like to see Rose play instead of Young though. Young just wasn't an outlet like Trippier was on the other side. The fact he's so one footed really hinders him. I said we should play him for the set-piece delivery, but Trippier seems better in that regard anyway. I also worry about Walker's and Maguire's defensive ability when they're tested more against better teams, but they're probably the best options. Overall a very positive performance.
  • Master110
    997 posts Professional
    Started great finished great. Middle was a mess but it was still better than any other WC.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I'd keep Sterling as a super sub, start Vardy.

Hendo was a machine in midfield, I'd like to see Loftus Cheek partner him. Rose over Young.
  • arsenalap
    6102 posts Big Money Move
    Why start vardy against Panama? Plays against his strengths completely.

Id do rose for young.
    RLC for Alli.
    Rashford for either Lingard or Sterling.
  • Gabbinho04
    268 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’d keep Rashford as a sub for the Panama game they looked out on their feet after 70 mins vs Belgium. Give Sterling another chance imo. Only change id make would be Rose for Young. If Alli isn’t fit stick RLC in.
  • Gervonta
    I’d like to see RCL given the start if Alli isn’t fully fit , Rose at LWB and I’d give vardy a chance over sterling. Rashford is too important to risk against Panama I’d rather give him the chance against Belgium there could possibly be more at stake.
  • Kellnerr
    2839 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopefully we're behind Belgium on goal difference on 6 points after the second games played. So far it looks like the winner or group H might be easier to play than the second one imo, and if Germany doesn't win their group what also looks very likely, England would even have, by all respects, an easy opponent in the quarter finals. Can easily play for a draw or even a loss against Belgium then - any thoughts?
  • Pxul_
    8278 posts League Winner
    I’d love to say TAA should start but Trippier is a **** and smashed it against Tunisia
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Rashford should come in for Sterling against Panama. Sterling looks poor in that second striker role, whereas Rashford has looked much more lively there. Vardy would be useless against Panama just as he was against Costa Rica the other week. I would like to see RLC get a start too, for Dele if he is injured, or otherwise in for Lingard.
  • Gervonta
    Reports saying RCL and Rashford in with Sterling and Alli making way, The latter due to a thigh strain.
  • Rajivvv86
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reports saying RCL and Rashford in with Sterling and Alli making way, The latter due to a thigh strain.

the english press are a disgusting bunch of dogs who value viewership and sales over team success. i dont quite understand why they would spread such news. even if they werent the original source of it, at least shut up? if their not crucifying their players, they are sabotaging their team in another way.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Rajivvv86 wrote: »

the english press are a disgusting bunch of dogs who value viewership and sales over team success. i dont quite understand why they would spread such news. even if they werent the original source of it, at least shut up? if their not crucifying their players, they are sabotaging their team in another way.

I don't think it's going to change Panama's gameplan whether we use Sterling or Rashford. Either way they are going to sit deep and defend.
  • Gervonta
    Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire; Trippier, Loftus-Cheek, Henderson, Lingard, Young; Sterling; Kane
  • ViVaWhom
    8295 posts League Winner
    weird seeing england not emberass themselves in these easy games
  • Pxul_
    8278 posts League Winner

• Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class