Domestic Football Is Back

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    78913 posts Moderator
    Healer wrote: »
    Tunisia aren't awful, Belgium slipping up isn't beyond the realms of possibility

Tunisia played their worst game in years and they only lost 2:1 .. Belgium game will be different .. maybe tunisia won't win but I'm sure they won't lose .

Belgium won't sit back for 90 mins and not have a shot on target from open play all game
  • Healer
    2434 posts Fans' Favourite
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Tunisia aren't awful, Belgium slipping up isn't beyond the realms of possibility

Tunisia played their worst game in years and they only lost 2:1 .. Belgium game will be different .. maybe tunisia won't win but I'm sure they won't lose .

Belgium won't sit back for 90 mins and not have a shot on target from open play all game

Maybe, but England will do it vs spain ..
  • WFCBagnall
    78913 posts Moderator

Maybe, but England will do it vs spain ..

No they wont.
  • Milanista28
    1473 posts Professional
    So if decisions are still clearly wrong even with VAR introduced, what does it actually achieve?

It allows the implementation of corruption much easier.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    33108 posts National Team Captain
    So if decisions are still clearly wrong even with VAR introduced, what does it actually achieve?

...not having it would be easier for corruption....
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain

:D:D:D

Ive seen it all now
  • Milanista28
    1473 posts Professional

:D:D:D

Ive seen it all now

Have you seen this??

• Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Reus wrote: »
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Anyone have any footage from the Kane incident (preferably in slow motion)? Seen reports saying he basically grabbed the defender's arm before pulling him to the ground.

Just found a gif of the incident

He should probably have been awarded a pen...

How have they not seen that

They did see it. They somehow decided it wasn’t ‘clear and obvious’
  • Addicksfan
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2018
    Reus wrote: »

France were given a pen when the Aussie defender got a toe on the ball
    England not given a pen when someone gets rugby tackled in the box

The people operating the system are clearly no good at their job

Exactly "people"....these VAR decisions are still down to human interpretation....I would of preferred to of seen this technology proven over a number of years at club level and then introduced at the Qatar world cup, at least the VAR officials will be in air conditioned offices ;) .....VAR is still in it's teething phase
  • RBailss
    13941 posts Has That Special Something
    Bit late to the party but can someone explain to me how VAR actually works? Can VAR overturn a penalty decision (like Walkers last night)? How does the referee know when to have another look at an incident? Does someone in his ear from the VAR team tell him?

PS. The ref last night was completely bollocks.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    RBailss wrote: »
    Bit late to the party but can someone explain to me how VAR actually works? Can VAR overturn a penalty decision (like Walkers last night)? How does the referee know when to have another look at an incident? Does someone in his ear from the VAR team tell him?

Going off what the commentators keep saying... the VAR team review EVERY incident (offside, goals, penalties), if they feel the referee made a wrong decision they tell him to take a look at it himself. It’s then up to that referee to make a final decision on.
  • Sercs
    19182 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »

Going off what the commentators keep saying... the VAR team review EVERY incident (offside, goals, penalties), if they feel the referee made a wrong decision they tell him to take a look at it himself. It’s then up to that referee to make a final decision on.

wait so somebody actually viewed both englands pen shouts and walkers which he conceded.. and were fine with it?!

Disgrace, or they weren't watching
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Sercs wrote: »

wait so somebody actually viewed both englands pen shouts and walkers which he conceded.. and were fine with it?!

Probably sat on Facebook or the hub.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

Correct
  • RBailss

Correct

Hahahah, I was all for VAR but its getting stupid now.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

Correct

Yeah I’m not sure what’s worse, the on field referee missing two blatant penalties or the fact they were ‘double checked’ and still not given.
  • Sercs
    19182 posts World Class

Correct

Yeah I’m not sure what’s worse, the on field referee missing two blatant penalties or the fact they were ‘double checked’ and still not given.

refs make mistakes,which i can forgive given usually they have limited ways to correct them

var should make every decision spot on, even if it makes the game a little more cut up than usual. found it more annoying they reviewed it and never gave it
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29000 posts Player of the Year
    Even with the system being new, I can’t see how someone has watched the rugby tackle several times and not brought it to the refs attention.

I’d also like to know who does the VAR for each game, is it a independent team? Or a referee/linesman who understands the rules? And what nation they are from.

I’m not saying anything dodgy was going on because it was against my country, but it needs to be clarified for the good of football.

Before the press start the corruption claims.
  • Finesse_4days
    10308 posts Has That Special Something
    Even with the system being new, I can’t see how someone has watched the rugby tackle several times and not brought it to the refs attention.

I’d also like to know who does the VAR for each game, is it a independent team? Or a referee/linesman who understands the rules? And what nation they are from.

I’m not saying anything dodgy was going on because it was against my country, but it needs to be clarified for the good of football.

Before the press start the corruption claims.

i think it must have been a couple of Tunisians in the Var booth last night
  • Killashaw
    1216 posts Professional
    VAR is good, but the VAR are also humans so they will make mistakes to. Just less because they can watch things a lot.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29000 posts Player of the Year
    Killashaw wrote: »
    VAR is good, but the VAR are also humans so they will make mistakes to. Just less because they can watch things a lot.

And that’s fair enough, the French pen was difficult even after seeing it multiple times, but the blatant ones like the spear last night, can’t be missed.
  • Davisto
    6357 posts Big Money Move

Yeah i think so but not sure don’t forget kane got manhandled twice to the floor :joy:
  • WFCBagnall
    78913 posts Moderator

I think it's @RBailss and he's from Newcastle

Dg_AL8on_WAAcz_ABv.jpg
  • Davisto
    6357 posts Big Money Move

Dg_AL8on_WAAcz_ABv.jpg

:joy:
  • RBailss

Dg_AL8on_WAAcz_ABv.jpg

Never realised Newcastle was a nation :/
  • Dan is Clutch
    28600 posts Player of the Year
    You should all read what Gary Neville makes of it atm. He makes a very good point about the people in the VAR room having about 20 seconds to find the right angle and the right replay. The first replay of that Kane incident last night didn’t even show Kane, so if that’s the replay they looked at then that’s why no pen was given.
  • Dan is Clutch
    I guess it would of just made more sense if I linked the tweet..

• Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly that refereeing was shocking last night. Relieved we got the result we needed in the end though, my head is very sore and I don't think I'm moving for the entirety of today.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

Nonsense. They managed it fine for the France and Sweden penalties
  • Dan is Clutch

Nonsense. They managed it fine for the France and Sweden penalties

Both of those were players on the ball, the Kane one was off the ball. Slightly different.