►►► Serie A Lounge 2017-18 ◄◄◄ | Congrats to Lights, our Prediction League winner!

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Apparently Nainggolan has confirmed to a few fans that Roma do want to sell him.
    Of all people to sacrifice for FFP... Just sad.
    Most likely to a direct rival as well.

Also slightly off topic. But what do you guys think of the shock results so far?

Players being burnt out?
    Players like Draxler suffering because they play in easy leagues in teams that walk the league so have lost their competitive edge?
    Other teams wanting it more?
    Luck?

Putin.
    Think about it, the only convincing performance so far was from the Russians...

And Mexicans.
    So Putin and ****? :sunglasses:

Spanish swears are blocked as well, interesting.
    Good one.
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    Apparently Kalinic will be sent home after refusing to be subbed on against Nigeria. :D
  • MiIan
    12476 posts Has That Special Something
    Apparently Kalinic will be sent home after refusing to be subbed on against Nigeria. :D

Another Younes incident, so unprofessional.
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    MiIan wrote: »

Seems to be turning into a regular theme amongst footballers wanting to leave their club.
    Someone needs to teach them discipline again...
    Post edited by Alemas_2012 on
  • MiIan
    12476 posts Has That Special Something
    MiIan wrote: »

Seems to be turning into a regular theme amongst footballers willing to leave their club.
    Someone needs to teach them discipline again...

Exactly. This is just childish behaviour.
  • HBK1925
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol Kalinic
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    Aaaaaaaand confirmed, Kalinic got kicked out of the squad.
  • AIeks
    5003 posts Big Money Move
    Thank you Alemas, very cool!
  • I SiR MartY I
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    Apparently Nainggolan has confirmed to a few fans that Roma do want to sell him.

Also slightly off topic. But what do you guys think of the shock results so far?

Players being burnt out?
    Players like Draxler suffering because they play in easy leagues in teams that walk the league so have lost their competitive edge?
    Luck?

Putin.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Russian team was doped up to the eyeballs.
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class

Players being burnt out?
    Luck?

Putin.

The Olympic whistleblower did say he recognised at least one member of the current squad that got doped up...
  • I SiR MartY I
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018

Players being burnt out?
    Luck?

Putin.

The Olympic whistleblower did say he recognised at least one member of the current squad that got doped up...

I'm not surprised by that. Russia will want to do well in this competition at any cost.
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Looks like Pastore's close to joining Roma for a paltry 18 million, including bonuses.
    Can't help but think they're concentrating more on attacking than defending with their transfer policy...
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    Looks like Pastore's close to joining Roma for a paltry 18 million, including bonuses.
    Can't help but think they're concentrating more on attacking than defending with their transfer policy...

...make that 24 million.
    Still a bargain.
  • Big Matty T
    2637 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2018
    So all the information out there states that UEFA doesn’t like Milan’s loan from Elliot that needs to be paid back by October, so they rejected the voluntary and settlement agreements

So if they kick us out of the Europa League based on that...but then the loan gets paid back on time...wtf?

It really seems like they’re trying to make an example of us...they can’t touch the teams with huge sums of money (PSG, Man City, etc)...but they can punish a former top club trying to make its comeback

FFP has also influenced how Inter and Roma operate...seems like being in Italy is a major disadvantage when it comes to European Football
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    So all the information out there states that UEFA doesn’t like Milan’s loan from Elliot that needs to be paid back by October, so they rejected the voluntary and settlement agreements

So if they kick us out of the Europa League based on that...but then the loan gets paid back on time...wtf?

It really seems like they’re trying to make an example of us...they can’t touch the teams with huge sums of money (PSG, Man City, etc)...but they can punish a former top club trying to make its comeback

They are probably more "concerned" on how the loan is paid back, and where the money comes from.
    For PSG and City their money sources are "clear" enough, Arab sheikhs from oil-rich countries, plus some probably dodgy deals from oil-rich Qatar. You can somehow guess where the money originally comes from, but UEFA can't even do that with Milan's Chinese owners.
  • Big Matty T
    2637 posts Fans' Favourite

They are probably more "concerned" on how the loan is paid back, and where the money comes from.
    For PSG and City their money sources are "clear" enough, Arab sheikhs from oil-rich countries, plus some probably dodgy deals from oil-rich Qatar. You can somehow guess where the money originally comes from, but UEFA can't even do that with Milan's Chinese owners.

Yes but there are numerous reports that Milan are working on a deal with a new shareholder that would help with loan repayment/refinance...so it would seem punishment now would be a bit premature

I guess I’m just overly frustrated with this FFP nonsense...it just separates the haves and have-nots further
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class

Yes but there are numerous reports that Milan are working on a deal with a new shareholder that would help with loan repayment/refinance...so it would seem punishment now would be a bit premature

I guess I’m just overly frustrated with this FFP nonsense...it just separates the haves and have-nots further

Might very well be a case of "too little, too late".
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    Milik doing corners like Kane. :joy:
  • LoboNobo
    6427 posts Big Money Move

He was always taking corners for us though, I was surprised he wasn't taking them in the first half.
    What a pathetic performance btw, I'm fuming
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class

He was always taking corners for us though, I was surprised he wasn't taking them in the first half.

It's always weird when a tallish striker gets to take corners, though.
    In FUT you always get Ronaldo doing them instead of someone else. :D
    And it's also funny that they did a specific "It's Cristiano Ronaldo to take the corner" commentary clip...
  • LoboNobo

And it's also funny that they did a specific "It's Cristiano Ronaldo to take the corner" commentary clip...

Milik has an amazing technique on his left foot, he can curve them like nobody else in this team.
    Also I remember someone saying that it looks like Russia is doping - given their intensiy in the first half against Egypt, it seems like a possible scenario :joy: I still cheer for them though, the sad truth is everyone in modern football is doping - some more, some less...
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class

Milik has an amazing technique on his left foot, he can curve them like nobody else in this team.
    Also I remember someone saying that it looks like Russia is doping - given their intensiy in the first half against Egypt, it seems like a possible scenario :joy: I still cheer for them though, the sad truth is everyone in modern football is doping - some more, some less...

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    @JohnDoe, it seems footyheadlines follow some... pretty interesting twitter accounts.
  • L_immortale
    3077 posts National Call-Up

We are out of FFP. The thought process (which I don’t agree with) is Monchi is fed up with the way he acts (drinking, smoking, live-streaming it on instagram, as well as speaking out in the media after not being called up) and EDF doesn’t have him in his plans for next season.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

I am supporting Russia too. What's wrong with that? :)
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class

We are out of FFP. The thought process (which I don’t agree with) is Monchi is fed up with the way he acts (drinking, smoking, live-streaming it on instagram, as well as speaking out in the media after not being called up) and EDF doesn’t have him in his plans for next season.

Would the arrival of Pastore make the loss of Radja more bearable?
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Only 'cause of the women, be honest. :tongue:
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Not true. I have liked Russia since I was a kid. I like its history and culture and I refuse to be brainwashed by Western liberal media. And I like the women of course too...but that's not why. Haha.
  • Alemas_2012
    15891 posts World Class

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

Not true. I have liked Russia since I was a kid. I like its history and culture and I refuse to be brainwashed by Western liberal media. And I like the women of course too...but that's not why. Haha.

Volpe's a closet gopnik confirmed.
  • LoboNobo

You cheer for Russia?
    Alright then...

I'm half-Russian actually so...
This discussion has been closed.