►►► Serie A Lounge 2017-18 ◄◄◄ | Congrats to Lights, our Prediction League winner!

Comments

• finsfan85
    12910 posts Has That Special Something
    Is Nicolo Barella any good?
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Is Nicolo Barella any good?

Seen as one of Italy's rising talents.
    Personally can't say much of him, haven't seen him enough.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5611 posts Big Money Move
    Nainggolan would be an amazing signing but I can't help but feel we could spend the money building a team that would last longer than the 3/4 years Nainggolan will last running the show.

Aren't you bound by FFP rules anyway?

Sort of. Inter have until the 30th to raise funds to get out of FFP punishments for 19/20 season. Punishment for this upcoming season is a reduced 22 man squad for the CL.

Kondogbia, Nagatomo, Murillo, JM and anyone else we sell including the primavera players should keep us in the clear but we obviously can't go crazy this summer.

FFP is laughable but as always with Inter, 1 step forward 13 steps back. Just hope we can sort some loan with obligations over the summer to improve the squad.
  • LoboNobo
    6425 posts Big Money Move
    Nainggolan would be an amazing signing but I can't help but feel we could spend the money building a team that would last longer than the 3/4 years Nainggolan will last running the show.

According to the rumours I've seen, Nainggolan would cost you around 30 million euros. What possible better signings could you get for that?
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    Had a look at this Aleksandr Golovin guy we're being heavily linked with...
    ...seems like a very good dribbler of the ball, and has the occasional long shot goal in him. Could be a useful tackler as well.
    Not bad.
  • Zambo9
    5256 posts Big Money Move
    LoboNobo wrote: »

According to the rumours I've seen, Nainggolan would cost you around 30 million euros. What possible better signings could you get for that?
    Naingollan for 30M is a steal

• I SiR MartY I

Its not finding a player for 30m, its wasting 30 on a single player with only a few years left at the top. He is an amazing player, one of the best in the world and would improve us immensely but that's 30m we'll have to balance back for a player that we'll only get a few years out of which only improves one area of the pitch.

Nain is amazing, but blowing a lot on him still means he has to play next to trash like Brozovic or on the same pitch as Santon, team may look better with him in it, but the squad will still be trash overall...its only a short term fix.
  • LoboNobo

Its not finding a player for 30m, its wasting 30 on a single player with only a few years left at the top. He is an amazing player, one of the best in the world and would improve us immensely but that's 30m we'll have to balance back for a player that we'll only get a few years out of which only improves one area of the pitch.

Nain is amazing, but blowing a lot on him still means he has to play next to trash like Brozovic or on the same pitch as Santon, team may look better with him in it, but the squad will still be trash overall...its only a short term fix.

I think it would be better for such club to spend money on "short term" fixes, to immediately improve the quality, and slowly getting more money. Let's say you can 70 million and you but Nainggolan and spend 40 million on two promising players. The quality of the squad rises, allowing you to have 90 millions to spend next summer. So you buy another short term fix for 40 million, and spend 50 million on younger players. Repeat and repeat, and here's a huge chance within 3-4 years you become really competitive again. In short, take the route similar to Juve.

Milan went the other way, and look how they ended up
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Our transfer season could be a very slow burner.
    A certain Andrea Favilli, a player from our youth system that we had to buy back, will do his medical today.
    First Perin, now Favilli, maybe that Golovin kid... let's hope the next transfers are higher calibre, like with Can, Cancelo, Milinkovic-Savic, Icardi...
  • HBK1925
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is Juve gonna keep Kean or keep shipping him off? Feels like he could be a thing.
  • finsfan85
    12910 posts Has That Special Something
    Any truth to the Rugani rumors?
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    Is Juve gonna keep Kean or keep shipping him off? Feels like he could be a thing.

A run in the second team would be ideal.
  • Guzman
    973 posts Semi-Pro
    ...seems like a very good dribbler of the ball, and has the occasional long shot goal in him. Could be a useful tackler as well.
    Not bad.

Golovin with two nice assists :o

• Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Guzman wrote: »
    Not bad.

Golovin with two nice assists :o

Irony is that in a ScoutNation video, one of his weaknesses listed was crosses.
    And of course he assisted the two goals with crosses. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    Aaaand a free-kick goal.
    Not bad.
  • HBK1925
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good start by Russia. Maybe they'll come out of the group.
  • CFCHenri
    3457 posts National Call-Up
    We actually renewed Candreva's contract. :angry::angry:
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Next Inter offer for Radja seems to be 26 million plus youngster Pinamonti. That's still peanuts, and apparently Roma value him at a ridiculously low 35 million.
    Sure, Roma have to sell due to FFP, but sacrificing him of all people seems foolish, especially at such a low price.
  • Gozar
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    Next Inter offer for Radja seems to be 26 million plus youngster Pinamonti. That's still peanuts, and apparently Roma value him at a ridiculously low 35 million.
    Sure, Roma have to sell due to FFP, but sacrificing him of all people seems foolish, especially at such a low price.

He is 29, right? He has probably already reached his potential. He is going to decline. Roma seem to have a plan. I’m sure they can sell him and still finish above Inter. Inter should spend their money on younger players with potential. They aren’t winning the league anytime soon. With or without the cabbage patch kid.
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    Gozar wrote: »

He is 29, right? He has probably already reached his potential. He is going to decline. Roma seem to have a plan. I’m sure they can sell him and still finish above Inter. Inter should spend their money on younger players with potential. They aren’t winning the league anytime soon. With or without the cabbage patch kid.

He's 30.
    Roma are using EA logic for him.
    "He's one of the best midfielders in the world, we should be able to sell him for at least 50 million."
    "But he's 30..."
    "30 you say? What a shame, we can get only 35 million from him, then!"
    :D
  • Gozar
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gozar wrote: »

He's 30.
    Roma are using EA logic for him.
    "He's one of the best midfielders in the world, we should be able to sell him for at least 50 million."
    "But he's 30..."
    "30 you say? What a shame, we can get only 35 million from him, then!"
    :D

They probably could’ve or probably could get more from an English club but it seems like that ship has sailed. Maybe he prefers life in Italy. I’m just assuming Roma has thought this out. They’ve been a solid top 4 team for the last few years. If they can sell a 30 year old player for €30 million, that seems like good business. Inter, however, will be spending that for negligible short term gains. Either way, I don’t care. Juventus will be dominating for the next few years so I’m happy.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    I want Golovin.
    And Milinkovic-Savic.
    And Cancelo.
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    Apparently Nainggolan has confirmed to a few fans that Roma do want to sell him.
    Of all people to sacrifice for FFP... Just sad.
    Most likely to a direct rival as well.
  • Zambo9
    5256 posts Big Money Move
    Apparently Nainggolan has confirmed to a few fans that Roma do want to sell him.
    Probably they are also sick of his attitude outside of the pitch, I think it's happening something like us with Vidal
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    Frosinone back in Serie A, winning against Palermo.
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    Frosinone back in Serie A, winning against Palermo.

...so apparently there's more to the story than meets the eye.
    In a great example of sportsmanship (sarcasm), the Frosinone bench started throwing balls onto the pitch in injury time to stop any Palermo attacks. :D
    The ball boys also did their bit in delaying things as much as possible, also by unnecessarily throwing balls onto the pitch.
    Plus the ref initially gave a free-kick to Palermo right on the edge of the penalty area, then said it was a penalty, before finally giving a free-kick, all this time surrounded by Frosinone players arguing his decision.
    Additionally, a headbutt to Nesterovski was not sanctioned with a red card, but just with a yellow.
    To put the icing on the cake, when Frosinone scored their second goal in the last minute of injury time, a pitch invasion ensued, meaning the ref didn't whistle to formally end the match.
    Mind you, the same thing kind of happened in the DFB Cup final, except only the winning team's bench streamed onto the pitch and there was a running track to stop the fans from encroaching. But still, formally the ref didn't whistle the end, but the result stood anyway.
    Palermo have said they'll appeal against the result of the match.
  • I SiR MartY I

Honestly, FFP is a joke. Teams at the top can spend freely because they're already there. Everything below that suffers. Man City go out and spend over 300m on a new team and walk the title, they're good.

Inter, Roma and others have to balance the books, abuse loopholes like loans with obligations or having teams overpay for players for them to repay that later just to survive. Its stupid.

Inter can't spend without selling, can't sell trash off, can't improve, can't make more money doing well in competitions because they can't improve squad, can't make more money so FFP is still a problem, FFP is still a problem because they can't spend.

Its hilarious.

Also slightly off topic. But what do you guys think of the shock results so far?

Players being burnt out?
    Players like Draxler suffering because they play in easy leagues in teams that walk the league so have lost their competitive edge?
    Other teams wanting it more?
    Luck?

• Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class
    Alisson might very well join Real Madrid.
    Roma can't possibly sell two of their best players in the same transfer window...
  • Alemas_2012
    15846 posts World Class

Also slightly off topic. But what do you guys think of the shock results so far?

Players being burnt out?
    Players like Draxler suffering because they play in easy leagues in teams that walk the league so have lost their competitive edge?
    Luck?

Putin.
    Think about it, the only convincing performance so far was from the Russians...
  • LoboNobo

Players being burnt out?
    Luck?

Putin.
    Think about it, the only convincing performance so far was from the Russians...

And Mexicans.
    So Putin and ****? :sunglasses:
This discussion has been closed.