Festival of FUTball *THE RESURRECTION*

Comments

• YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    CraigB85 wrote: »
    **** you EA.

Decent concept to offer a wide variety of players from outwith the usual OP choices but where the **** is Kieran Tierney or ANY other Scottish player SBC card?

What an absolute shower of ****.

Missed the plane like always :trollface:
  • Dan is Clutch
    35520 posts World Cup Winner
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    First they give away tots for free...and then they ask for an 85 rated brasil team to get 81 Dalbert....wow

Be happy you can collect Dalbert and shut up

:joy:
  • Dalez84
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Would prefer pack rewards than useless cards.
  • EddieFicio
    22916 posts Club Captain
    People are always moaning cause they need to. Be happy that you can collect 38 player cards and its only the start. Classic teams. Wc Motm cards. WC Totw every week. WC Tott after that. If your moaning now you maybe your are better playing something else.

I'm not sure about you but im not a hoarder, getting 38 useless player cards will not make me happy. I'm playing a game not completing a sticker book.

37 tbf vidal isn't as good as the top cards but hes far from useless

Hes really too expensive for what he brings to the table at the moment, plus he cannot be used in WL for the next 2 weeks and possibly till the wc is over.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    I’d have done both Rashford and Ndidi if the upgrades were TOTS level. It’s such a great idea from EA just hit the post with the level of the cards.
  • Dan is Clutch
    35520 posts World Cup Winner
    So i haven't been on FIFA but i've seen the players available, this along with the FUT swap promo, are great ideas (fut swap was executed poorly imo but i'm not getting into that again) but they should be done from the start of the game. If we had something similar to this in the first few months it would be amazing but not now.
  • kfcbucket21
    8253 posts League Winner
    Not everything has to be about WL and the "meta"
  • Finesse_4days
    17865 posts World Class
    People are always moaning cause they need to. Be happy that you can collect 38 player cards and its only the start. Classic teams. Wc Motm cards. WC Totw every week. WC Tott after that. If your moaning now you maybe your are better playing something else.

I'm not sure about you but im not a hoarder, getting 38 useless player cards will not make me happy. I'm playing a game not completing a sticker book.

Hes really too expensive for what he brings to the table at the moment, plus he cannot be used in WL for the next 2 weeks and possibly till the wc is over.

ive just seen the sbcs and what a rip off they are, Ea have ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up majorly you can get Neymar for 70k and inform naingolan for 50k why pay more for some of these dodgy cards.
  • CraigB85
    1725 posts Play-Off Hero
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    CraigB85 wrote: »
    **** you EA.

Decent concept to offer a wide variety of players from outwith the usual OP choices but where the **** is Kieran Tierney or ANY other Scottish player SBC card?

What an absolute shower of ****.

Missed the plane like always :trollface:

True enough. Really looking forward to watching Ireland and Norway :trollface:
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    So i haven't been on FIFA but i've seen the players available, this along with the FUT swap promo, are great ideas (fut swap was executed poorly imo but i'm not getting into that again) but they should be done from the start of the game. If we had something similar to this in the first few months it would be amazing but not now.

Yeah, this would have been great in the first couple of months.
  • Nervous_Nick
    7195 posts League Winner

ive just seen the sbcs and what a rip off they are, Ea have **** up majorly you can get Neymar for 70k and inform naingolan for 50k why pay more for some of these dodgy cards.

48k for Dalbert sounds like a deal to me! :D
  • ConMan123
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best plan would’ve been for them to go through each of these nations and do a decent upgrade on positions that suck in that one nation. Like a goalie in Ghana for example. Would add some appeal at least with the random players/nations
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up

best comment I've read today
  • Skorpio_King
    10648 posts Has That Special Something

Exactly this.
  • Nen
    9464 posts Moderator
    I love the idea of this, i really do. Sparks some life back into the market. I just wish they said what the hell and boosted these guys properly.

Realistically not many of these make it into peoples sides. Like FUTSwap, great concepts but the timing isnt great. If i want to use any of these guys i pretty much have to go play seasons.

• futureyears
    3198 posts National Call-Up
    Any chance the next round to SBCs could be trading 11 of these cards in for better ones?

I reckon it could happen
  • Skorpio_King
    10648 posts Has That Special Something
    Any chance the next round to SBCs could be trading 11 of these cards in for better ones?

I reckon it could happen

Promo is till 16th of july so i can see a lot of things happening
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Nen wrote: »
    I love the idea of this, i really do. Sparks some life back into the market. I just wish they said what the hell and boosted these guys properly.

Realistically not many of these make it into peoples sides. Like FUTSwap, great concepts but the timing isnt great. If i want to use any of these guys i pretty much have to go play seasons.

This. I like the fact that the players aren’t necessarily the ones you would usually look to buy but some of these upgrades are insulting.
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    These upgrades would be usable in December, not now, if they all had a + 2/3 overall then we might be talking decent players.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7070 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Yeah the upgrades on the non premium ones are for collection purposes. I'm all for having fun, especially with my USA side, but an 82 rated Johnson going against +90 rated midfielders and wingers isn't gonna help. Just make them "usable" by knocking them up at a minimum of 85. It's like releasing upgrades or transfers after tots when everybody has 4 or more 90 rated tots in their sides. I like the idea as well and hate to rag on them because it's a nice addition...but the upgrades will make most of these just for collecting.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Well @Bowden92 we might have to wait a little longer! We’d have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for those meddling SBCs! :joy:
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Just seen Perez is the Spanish card...he was amazing for me earlier in the game!
  • Bowden92
    edited June 2018
    Well @Bowden92 we might have to wait a little longer! We’d have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for those meddling SBCs! :joy:

Haha, I did laugh to myself actually with the nice little Scooby Doo - esque line :D

Ah well, if these become a regular thing then I guess prices will naturally rise over the next few weeks anyway, probably not much at this stage, but.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    This was a rare win for team random-silver-collector. I finished all the SBCs with random dudes that I already had, minus the Brazil one. Very fun.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Couchy wrote: »
    I’d have done both Rashford and Ndidi if the upgrades were TOTS level. It’s such a great idea from EA just hit the post with the level of the cards.

"great idea" … "hit the post" … very well put.
    Nen wrote: »

Agree with you both, that TOTS-level upgrades would have made the likes of a Perotti using Dybala's NIF -> TOTS upgrade, this is what his card would look like:
    O0BRvpU.png vs TvCosrn.png

He's 4* skills & 5* WF, not short … would have been a pretty great CAM in the current context.

Edit … updated the left image as the 'pace' had not displayed correctly.
  • Danic123
    4653 posts National Call-Up
    Looked at all the cards and seen how rubbish they all are. Bit meh.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Bowden92 wrote: »

Haha, I did laugh to myself actually with the nice little Scooby Doo - esque line :D

Ah well, if these become a regular thing then I guess prices will naturally rise over the next few weeks anyway, probably not much at this stage, but.

It’s going on for a few weeks so I’m sure we’ll cash in at some point!
  • Bowden92
    Bowden92 wrote: »

It’s going on for a few weeks so I’m sure we’ll cash in at some point!

I'm sure we will man, I'm sure we will.
  • WFCBagnall
    96470 posts Moderator
    People moan that they don't bring out sbcs on regular Fut.

They bring out sbcs with 38 players sbcs, yes some of the players aren't the greatest, but it's better than nothing and people still moan.

Can't win.
  • kfcbucket21
    8253 posts League Winner
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    People moan that they don't bring out sbcs on regular Fut.

They bring out sbcs with 38 players sbcs, yes some of the players aren't the greatest, but it's better than nothing and people still moan.

Can't win.

People only want TOTS level cards for basically free like during TOTS (which people still complained about). My guess is youll need some of these cards for another SBC later on. That being said I'm probably only doing Ireland for Mccarthy for my efc team. Only have 80k atm