world cup mode - is there any point to play?

razsha
posts Ball Boy
i am writing because i am really disapointed from the world cup mode.
instead of giving us a fun game with new things its the same fifa 18 with little changes in the game and i will talk about the problems that i am sure some of you have.

1. passing in the game - almost impossible.
2. some of the players are just completly OP - CR7,pele,maradona. you just cant tackle them.

also,the world cup mode doesnt give anything new.
1. winning the world cup - almost impossible if you are not a really good player.
i really think that if you put divisions on it like on FUT it would be better.now i am getting matched up with players that are absoulutly awesome or people with a full icon squad.
we play with players who arent playing anymore - that's a huge problem.
2. instead of the online tournement - do you play anything else which is worth playing if you want to enjoy?
there's the carrer mode which is just 7 games ofline.you can play against friends and that's it!
there are no objectives,no offline modes and nothing that makes me excited.

on FIFA 14 world cup mode we had much more and i want it in this FIFA.
i don't know if there is anyone who feels like me but that is how i feel.
I just hope EA SPORTS will bring more things to this mode and with the world cup starts i dont know if we are going to invest the same time on it

Comments

• DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    Cool
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Gut gid
  • mdizzl3
    12418 posts Has That Special Something
    As above
  • oneskyworld
    1027 posts Professional
    I agree. Even though I have an almost all icon squad now, I think it's a bad idea to add icons to the WC mode. Nobody will bother to try out the real players anymore, when the icons are so easy to get, and don't need to worry about the chemistries.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    razsha wrote: »
    instead of giving us a fun game with new things its the same fifa 18 with little changes in the game and i will talk about the problems that i am sure some of you have.

1. passing in the game - almost impossible.
    2. some of the players are just completly OP - CR7,pele,maradona. you just cant tackle them.

also,the world cup mode doesnt give anything new.
    1. winning the world cup - almost impossible if you are not a really good player.
    i really think that if you put divisions on it like on FUT it would be better.now i am getting matched up with players that are absoulutly awesome or people with a full icon squad.
    2. instead of the online tournement - do you play anything else which is worth playing if you want to enjoy?
    there's the carrer mode which is just 7 games ofline.you can play against friends and that's it!
    there are no objectives,no offline modes and nothing that makes me excited.

on FIFA 14 world cup mode we had much more and i want it in this FIFA.
    i don't know if there is anyone who feels like me but that is how i feel.
    I just hope EA SPORTS will bring more things to this mode and with the world cup starts i dont know if we are going to invest the same time on it

Passing in this mode is a dream. My superior precision and timing are finally showing! Gone are the days where scrubs like you would just aim in the general direction they want the ball to go and the game would help you out. Loving it.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's absolute full assisted ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Mmandras
    3420 posts National Call-Up
    As I'm slowly getting used to it, gameplay is the best aspect of WC. It also helps that I'm rocking full god icon squad, lacking only the elite non icons. I have no desire at all to go back to FUT.

I don't try to win WC, just grinding "2 wins 3rd quit" group stage cycle. I might try to win the title since I rarely lose group match, but I kind of enjoy 7.5 pack every 2 games and ripping apart less experienced players. Sadly, the game sometimes doesn't reward me with pack after two wins, but it's ok.

I'd like to thing of it as more skill based, but the truth is I just end up running against more casual players returning for the WC, with help of dedicated servers that even the odds, and obvious icon advantage. But I'll take it.
  • Mmandras
    3420 posts National Call-Up
    Sure they have. It's just that it is still better to play than FUT.
  • Addicksfan
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    No one is forcing you to play with icons, in fact no one is forcing you to play at all.......

Why do people equate winning to having fun.......I presume that's the main reason for these countless moan threads.....stop blaming the game and EA and just accept that you will lose games, have fun, enjoy the grind of going from nothing to a great team.....just grind the group stage....and when you have a good enough team try and win the cup...

I'm an average Fifa player but managed to take a full Iran team to the semi's beating Icon loaded teams on route....

I'm no fan of EA and the game certainly has it's flaws but come on...
  • Have not played since repeatable Icon SBC that was it for me.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Point.

Word of the day.
  • RayS
    31051 posts National Team Captain
    word
  • Jonboyparker
    6212 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    razsha wrote: »

Agree with this.

The game is only for good players. An average player that can't qualify for Fut Champs can not play this mode. Being stuck in the group stages would not be fun.

Everyone has mega teams and if they don't, the game is usually forfeited for card farming. What is the point?

I personally enjoy the trading aspect of normal FUT because even the average player has something to work towards (a bit like managing a team).

• Ricky2610
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like it just because it’s nicer than grinding division 1 and it’s the same prize money plus packs, it’s also easier to win and not as “quite” as sweaty. The gameplay is better, plus it’s the only way I will see England win the World Cup
  • invictus1
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    I dont think it is about the ICON team. I won the cup with just 2 icons and cr7. Had a decent defence with kimpembe, varane and hector, walker on the sides. Even have asenjo as gk. You should just practice passing. I think passing is OP in this mode as I could pass around the oponents box easily.
    As they say git gud.

And the point of this GAME is for you to enjoy. Enjoy it and win the cup. If you are bored winning the cup play another game. Then come back another day.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    I’m not a big fan of the WC gameplay...it feels “soft” and it’s just too easy to score.
    Icons were a bad idea...and the icon sbc just destroyed the WC mode. Now every team is full of icons and the WC atmoshpere is gone.
    I’m not complaining since it’s free and it’s something to do during the week...but it could have been so much better!
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    WC gameplay is so much better then regular FUT, but that's not very hard. It's so easy to score which is annoying. But the icon SBC should not have been added.
  • PelzyWelzy
    10338 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2018
    Though there are certainly a few issues with the mode (ie. I do believe the over availability of icons is a little overkill and sucked a lot of the fun out of the game) have to disagree with a couple of your points, mainly the WC being 'hard to win' complaint.

Of course it should be this way - sure, some of the better players around here (steady E3 player not sure if I should class myself as such) are going to find it a doddle but if you're good at the game then you're rewarded accordingly. I know it may sound harsh, and I do have some sympathy for guys who struggle in such a competitive arena, but if you're not good enough to win it then that's down to no one but yourself. Think the saying is 'git gud' :wink:

It's a pretty level playing field all told. Like, I was getting bored with my 'God Squad' last night so opened another account just to see how long it'd take to get a half decent side, no extra coins etc. Within 6 games I had a front three of CR7, Werner and Deco at CAM in a 100 chem side. It's pretty ridiculous tbh. You really don't have to spend extra money/coins etc to get a team more than good enough to compete - by simply playing the game you'll get there before long.

I honestly think the key to enjoying this game mode is completely forgetting the teams other people have and simply concentrating on your own. Sure, everyone's got multiple icons in their teams but with a little dedication you can have exactly the same. Just try to make it fun. If you lose, then so what? Go again.

I'm annoyed at myself for cracking on my main account and pumping a load of coins in after a few days of grinding, it just became a nonsense. Instead, look to do a RTG and build the best possible side you can the old fashioned way.

WC mode is what you make it tbh.
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    Mmandras wrote: »
    As I'm slowly getting used to it, gameplay is the best aspect of WC. It also helps that I'm rocking full god icon squad, lacking only the elite non icons. I have no desire at all to go back to FUT.

I don't try to win WC, just grinding "2 wins 3rd quit" group stage cycle. I might try to win the title since I rarely lose group match, but I kind of enjoy 7.5 pack every 2 games and ripping apart less experienced players. Sadly, the game sometimes doesn't reward me with pack after two wins, but it's ok.

I'd like to thing of it as more skill based, but the truth is I just end up running against more casual players returning for the WC, with help of dedicated servers that even the odds, and obvious icon advantage. But I'll take it.

What do you enjoy about getting packs which are useless to you if you have a 'god squad' anyway?
  • Andyh60
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2018
    no point after you have won the world cup both online and offline and yes bored with getting any more icons therefore building a team. Cant believe all this is true before a ball has been kicked in Russia. Yes ok if we were talking about the world cup final at the weekend or last weekend then fair enough, had to end at some point but only 2 weeks later its is a pointless game to play and that has also now transferred onto normal FUT. I mean best part of normal was at least some MM's to do last night but oh well guess that's that until next Tuesday . All FUT in terms of playing games is dead now simple as.