FIFA 19 gameplay

the_boss_gurveer
1962 posts Fans' Favourite
Just saw a full game of FIFA 19 PSG vs Juve on reddit and

the gameplay looks EXACTLY THE SAME as FIFA 17/FIFA 18

same ping pong, same kind of reactions from players.

Driven passes should not be accurate every time and should not be controlled so easily.

Comments

• Joestoe
    8551 posts League Winner
    Saw it too, passing looked horrific IMO. So many horrible, slow passes.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Just saw a full game of FIFA 19 PSG vs Juve on reddit and

the gameplay looks EXACTLY THE SAME as FIFA 17/FIFA 18

same ping pong, same kind of reactions from players.

Driven passes should not be accurate every time and should not be controlled so easily.

what did you expect :D:D recycled game, once i saw the frosbite engine i laughed so hard.. wont be buying
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    They've added something called timed finishing too which is a double tap of the shoot button with the second press dictating the contact you make, so if its timed right you make great contact with improved accuracy. This sounds disastrous to me as the lag in the game is so appalling at times that I can't possibly see how it could work consistently.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Definitely won't be buying. I'll be sticking to PES, if I get a footie game.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    CharlieC wrote: »
    They've added something called timed finishing too which is a double tap of the shoot button with the second press dictating the contact you make, so if its timed right you make great contact with improved accuracy. This sounds disastrous to me as the lag in the game is so appalling at times that I can't possibly see how it could work consistently.

exactly, and they're gonna be like, 'it's not supposed to go in everytime' when it's gonna happen because of the lag.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Same, Not sure about PES but definitely not buying 19 after ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 18.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    Have been pre-ordering for the last few years on the day pre-order opens but not hyped at all this time.
    Champions trophy can not save the game on it's own.

We just saw what happened with the WC Mode.
    Unless they fix the game, passing, shooting, gks, 'dramatic moments', make pro clubs better, this game will fail big time.

If there's a way to check stats then I think FIFA 19 will be the lowest money making game from the last few.

EA please Kill not the goose that lays the golden egg.
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Few hunderd of us here on forums want make a difference for them to change anything. Still huge fan base out there craving for same with new design... Plus new kids and generations coming every year with parents credit cards, so i would say don't hold your breath.
  • Swagster123
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    lol first time in my life im not buying fifa
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Aqeel87 wrote: »

Same, Not sure about PES but definitely not buying 19 after **** 18.

Honestly bro, I've been playing a bit of PES 18 as it was £8 a few weeks ago on PS4. Its great. GamePlay is so so much better than FIFA.
  • StrutterGear
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didn't preorder for the first time last year. Been playing every year since 2002, first ever was 98!

Pes next year for me. Its a money sink and it just feels the same every year. Will buy it again when the next engine comes round
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Didn't preorder for the first time last year. Been playing every year since 2002, first ever was 98!

Pes next year for me. Its a money sink and it just feels the same every year. Will buy it again when the next engine comes round

I feel exactly the same.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    timed finishing is optional so it doesn't matter no one would use it why bother? it just adds another thing to the game that makes it more frustrating!

sounds like they will tweak some things but nothing major is happening to turn this from a gamey game full of AI inconsistencies into a simulation of football
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6216 posts Big Money Move
    I’m probably going to pass on 19 as well. After seeing that game I have no hope. I buy both every year. Will be the first fifa I haven’t owned since 97. The gameplay is exhausting. And the dramatic moments are so OP. Just lost a weekend league game 5-4. He scored in the 120th with a low driven from defender. I had 17 shots on target. He had, you guessed it 5.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2018
    I’m probably going to pass on 19 as well. After seeing that game I have no hope. I buy both every year. Will be the first fifa I haven’t owned since 97. The gameplay is exhausting. And the dramatic moments are so OP. Just lost a weekend league game 5-4. He scored in the 120th with a low driven from defender. I had 17 shots on target. He had, you guessed it 5.

this is the number one thing they need to fix
    especially if they want to make it an esport competitive game

they don't get or care that the foundations of gameplay in fifa are completely flawed

people don't want last minute goals etc they don't want ridiculous inconsistent gameplay

whether online vs other players or offline in things like SB
    where you beat a high chem high rated team 5-0 and then barely beat a low chem low rated team on SAME difficulty

the AI keeps interfering in all game modes all the time this is what people are sick of

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/10/fifa-19-hands-on-interview-e3-2018/
  • deang07
    8351 posts League Winner
    its still over 3 months away ffs
  • Ricky2610
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Let’s be fair game never stays the way it first plays/demo
  • alex1987
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    All these people screaming they are buying PES, see you 1 month after PES' release once you realize the game is horrible.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    alex1987 wrote: »
    All these people screaming they are buying PES, see you 1 month after PES' release once you realize the game is horrible.

PES is not horrible. Gameplay wise it's miles ahead. Only issue for me is the commentary, that's awful.
  • mdizzl3
    12418 posts Has That Special Something

PES is not horrible. Gameplay wise it's miles ahead. Only issue for me is the commentary, that's awful.

@AFC_95 the biggest problem with PES is there is no real game behind its engine. There is no longevity to it. The master league is a shell of FIFA career mode, Myclub is an absolute joke compared to FUT and really pew offers nothing else apart from a champions league mode which is akin to the free WC update FIFA just got.

I want to like PES like I did back on PS2 but there just isn't a game there anymore, just a kick off mode with inferior presentation and polish
  • krappen07
    5995 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

@AFC_95 the biggest problem with PES is there is no real game behind its engine. There is no longevity to it. The master league is a shell of FIFA career mode, Myclub is an absolute joke compared to FUT and really pew offers nothing else apart from a champions league mode which is akin to the free WC update FIFA just got.

I want to like PES like I did back on PS2 but there just isn't a game there anymore, just a kick off mode with inferior presentation and polish

Kinda agree tbh

PES has at least incentive to improve, EA doesn't. I might just skip altogether and play 18 randomly through next year as quite a few usually stay on. Or try out PES 19
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

I completely agree. If FIFA could have gameplay like PES or PES have the content of FIFA the we'd all be happy.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 2018
    Watched a few videos about Fifa 19, it does sound promising, they're making the game more skill based with a higher skill ceiling, it will take longer to master. The problem is that I know EA will patch out all the good new features a week or two after release, without giving people enough time to adapt. They should be giving people at least two months to adapt, not two weeks.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    krappen07 wrote: »

Kinda agree tbh

PES has at least incentive to improve, EA doesn't. I might just skip altogether and play 18 randomly through next year as quite a few usually stay on. Or try out PES 19

Same. I was on 13 before this year lol.
  • krappen07
    edited June 2018

Kinda agree tbh

Dayum :D I was on 16 for second year on PS3 before getting 18.. literally one of the worst years EA produced, and on old gen console, yet I got games at least 95% of times
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Kinda agree tbh

Dayum :D I was on 16 for second year on PS3 before getting 18.. literally one of the worst years EA produced, and on old gen console, yet I got games at least 95% of times

Same. I got the games a lot until 13. The reason for me was my FUT account got hacked, I lost everyone and they literally told me to buy FP and start over. I realised then they don't care about customers.
  • krappen07

Kinda agree tbh

Same. I got the games a lot until 13. The reason for me was my FUT account got hacked, I lost everyone and they literally told me to buy FP and start over. I realised then they don't care about customers.

F.uck me.. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if that happened to me. Feel ya m8
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Kinda agree tbh

F.uck me.. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if that happened to me. Feel ya m8

I literally turned off my PS3 and didn't touch FIFA for another five years lol. And I'm probably going to PES or skipping footie games next season. Which sucks as I love football.
  • krappen07

Kinda agree tbh

I literally turned off my PS3 and didn't touch FIFA for another five years lol. And I'm probably going to PES or skipping footie games next season. Which sucks as I love football.

That sucks.. :s

I tore my Achilles' tendon not so long ago, so can't play my football irl this year. FIFA kinda distracted me from wallowing over the injury, too bad FIFA 18 has brought more frustration than any other edition I've previously played.

Just continue on 18 next year. It's nice to get 2 or 3 games in to calm the footballing urge every now and then,
  • Avit32
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I buy both every year also and I do prefer PES over fifa for gameplay. Only played like 400 games on fifa all year. So for me it’s not really a difficult decision I’ve already got pes pre ordered something I don’t normally do.