How come that I am Legaue 1 in Online Seasons but i lose 4 out of 5 games in the online World cup?

Lefasser
2 posts Ball Boy
I got a really good team in Fut World Cup but i dont manage to win games. What do i do wrong?

Comments

  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Different game. Slower. Stop rushing. Stop long direct passing. Buold your play up.
  • Lefasser
    2 posts Ball Boy
    How important is L1 dribbling. Will it help me?
  • Hoopsterz
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    Also you may be using a good team but WR's dont match positions etc.

    Try and match custom tactics and WR's with your main team in regular FUT.
  • Lefasser
    2 posts Ball Boy
    What formations or tactics do you use?
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    You've got to adapt to the new gameplay, takes time. Driven passes are less accurate, so use them sparingly. Skill moves are really effective, finnese shots are probably the most consistent. Driven shots aren't as good.
  • Lackosweat
    7362 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    You've got to adapt to the new gameplay, takes time. Driven passes are less accurate, so use them sparingly. Skill moves are really effective, finnese shots are probably the most consistent. Driven shots aren't as good.

    Actually near post driven shots are even more op than the cross body shots.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    First few games I thought I lost it, you have to get used to it.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    You've got to adapt to the new gameplay, takes time. Driven passes are less accurate, so use them sparingly. Skill moves are really effective, finnese shots are probably the most consistent. Driven shots aren't as good.

    Actually near post driven shots are even more op than the cross body shots.

    I'll give them a try, my cross body driven shots rarely go in.
  • Wi1son73
    2897 posts National Call-Up
    I found that the WC mode seem to be harder and frustrating than my normal FUT..
    Qualified about twice!! Never made it past the last 16...
    Lots of BS in WC mode compared to FUT.
    But I’ve played with the same squad for most the year.. was gradually heading down to Division 2...
  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can't play it.

    I'm not gonna pretend otherwise or just blame it on everything but me. I can't stand it and cannot fathom it out at all.

    Forgetting the complete randomness and bs, that's the other reason I can't stand this mode, I think I've just been completely thrown by it as it just feels super sluggish and unresponsive.

    I only persevered with it because I got Pele in my starter icon pack but I'm hopeless with him too!

    It's like my controller has broke and I can't skill move or time anything right. My mind just goes blank when mid game because I can't get my game flowing.

    Switch back to regular fut and I'm happily spinning, chopping, ball rolling along with my 80+ rated 4* players

    WC mode, Everything feels delayed or just doesn't respond.

    It's a horrible horrible experience for me and all I wanted to do was get a few more weeks out of FIFA during the world cup.

    Oh well. Fantasy football app installed to phone instead. That'll have to do. Lol.

  • Wi1son73
    2897 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2018
    Haven’t played online FUT just a few SB’s.. I play mostly WC online tournament...
    I managed to win all my group matches! Last 16 I was wining 3-1, till 88th when he scored twice to draw 3-3...then 90th I scored to make it 4-3.. still in the 90th min he scores twice to beat me 5-4 total BS .!! Raging as his goals to come back were deflections!!!
    Though it was a improvement for me..
    keep at it mate....
  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nightmare! It's that complete bs that puts me off just the gameplay alone . Every 2nd or 3rd goal in this mode seems to be a deflection or rebound goal. It's completely clumsy at best.

    Glad you're improving though.

  • Gunnercp
    1368 posts Professional
    lad33 wrote: »
    I can't play it.

    I'm not gonna pretend otherwise or just blame it on everything but me. I can't stand it and cannot fathom it out at all.

    Forgetting the complete randomness and bs, that's the other reason I can't stand this mode, I think I've just been completely thrown by it as it just feels super sluggish and unresponsive.

    I only persevered with it because I got Pele in my starter icon pack but I'm hopeless with him too!

    It's like my controller has broke and I can't skill move or time anything right. My mind just goes blank when mid game because I can't get my game flowing.

    Switch back to regular fut and I'm happily spinning, chopping, ball rolling along with my 80+ rated 4* players

    WC mode, Everything feels delayed or just doesn't respond.

    It's a horrible horrible experience for me and all I wanted to do was get a few more weeks out of FIFA during the world cup.

    Oh well. Fantasy football app installed to phone instead. That'll have to do. Lol.

    Pretty much sums it up for me too. My defenders even run into each other or a week to trip each other over.

    Everyone else's team always seems so disciplined yet mine's a shambles.

    Tried altering CTs but given up with wc mode now.
  • Wi1son73
    2897 posts National Call-Up
    lad33 wrote: »
    Nightmare! It's that complete bs that puts me off just the gameplay alone . Every 2nd or 3rd goal in this mode seems to be a deflection or rebound goal. It's completely clumsy at best.

    Glad you're improving though.
    Having blanc along side Ramos and maradona up front with Dybala does help.. :p
    I have Lineker costa okocha but only play Blanc and Maradona in my squad ...
  • WarrenBarton
    10462 posts Has That Special Something
    lad33 wrote: »
    Nightmare! It's that complete bs that puts me off just the gameplay alone . Every 2nd or 3rd goal in this mode seems to be a deflection or rebound goal. It's completely clumsy at best.

    Glad you're improving though.
    This, the game play is just super scrappy. It feels like I can run past about 5 tackles before playing a 5 yard pass in the complete opposite direction to where I play it. The opposition does the same and it’s all down to who can finish their deflected chances best.

  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    lad33 wrote: »
    Nightmare! It's that complete bs that puts me off just the gameplay alone . Every 2nd or 3rd goal in this mode seems to be a deflection or rebound goal. It's completely clumsy at best.

    Glad you're improving though.
    This, the game play is just super scrappy. It feels like I can run past about 5 tackles before playing a 5 yard pass in the complete opposite direction to where I play it. The opposition does the same and it’s all down to who can finish their deflected chances best.

    Yep. Very much me. It's an arcade game for me where it's easiest to just whack shoot from 30 yards asap. Anything in and around the box everyone just falls over and it looks more like a rugby game. Lol.

    I wouldn't mind so much if I could get my game flowing. Half the skills moves I try don't work and it just plain refuses to react to a button push way too often.

    Games that are 6-5 or something like by half time aren't fun. It's just repetitive.
  • Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    I'm in D1 aswell and I'm doing far better on the WC mode. It's not even close as I'm probably facing lots of lower Div's players.

    Given that, I'm not sure why you're having a hard time. Gameplay is a bit different but not so much. It's slower so you have to be patient while building up.

    Do you have delay?
  • Wi1son73
    2897 posts National Call-Up
    It’s like the offence is way overpowered to defence! (A bit like Fifa 18 on first release)
    That game I played before the BS started to happen, was very tough for both of us, I changed my formation CT and started to overcome him hence why it was 3-1 88th min! Deservedly too!! I found that somehow my CT/player instructions changed without my knowledge and he was countering me!! All my players were at his end,
    Leaving one or two back. That’s why he came back to 3-3... then the rest is history!!
  • munchie63
    3462 posts National Call-Up
    you've got to hold or give but do it at the right time
  • Notformeclive
    2501 posts Fans' Favourite
    munchie63 wrote: »
    you've got to hold or give but do it at the right time

    You can be slow or fast but you must get to the li..... oh no wait you need to be fast really.
Sign In or Register to comment.