World Cup mode is dead

Comments

• Flamstead
    3404 posts National Call-Up
    Idek wrote: »
    What other mode could they add to it though, it was always going to be based on winning the world cup

Daily or weekly world cups with requirements that give special rewards?

Pretty much all I'm asking. Make it worth my while to play.

15k and a couple of packs isn't worth my time.

Lol

Since you are so good what other game mode on UT can you win 4 games in a row and get 15k without paying to enter?

Fair enough you find the mode boring or dead but don't chat dribble about winning four games in a row to get 15K isn't worth your time lol.

It isn't 4 games

Apologies got it wrong.
  • Kingofpro66
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    I got Neymar, Griezmann, Boateng, Modric, Walker, Eriksen and Kante from £15 worth of packs and 98 Pele from the guaranteed icon pack...

I've won the World Cup every time. My team is stacked. There is nothing else for me to do.
    My 2 cents? You shouldn't have spent those £15 in my opinion. They may have helped at the beginning, but backfired on you pretty soon.
    Starting from scratch, trying to biuld the "ultimate" team only playing matches and buying players with the rewards you get from within the mode, would've made it longer and more enjoyable.

Exactly +1
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    My 2 cents, your an actual teacher who goes by the name sweaty boll*ck, who engages in childish arguments on a fifa forum. Wow the mentality your showing here is tragic, I seriously feel sorry for the kids who you teach and who have to put up with you personally cause mate your a whopper.
  • TheRealChev
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    it's also easier to get high rated cards in packs because there's not a lot of players in the world cup mode. So your chances increased a lot
  • BettySwollocks
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    Guvnor wrote: »
    My 2 cents, your an actual teacher who goes by the name sweaty boll*ck, who engages in childish arguments on a fifa forum. Wow the mentality your showing here is tragic, I seriously feel sorry for the kids who you teach and who have to put up with you personally cause mate your a whopper.

Try again - in English next time, if you can.
  • BettySwollocks
    it's also easier to get high rated cards in packs because there's not a lot of players in the world cup mode. So your chances increased a lot

Exactly. I regret spending £15 to be fair - but then I didn't expect to get as many high rated cards as I got. It was literally one after the next.
  • Leonsmith
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    30-0.

The gameplay is so easy but unenjoyable. Feels sluggish and arcade like.

Also absolutely nothing to do. Once you've won the World Cup and have a stacked team - Where do you go from there?

Dead.

Play the normal wc an pick a team then try to win the final
  • Solari
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    Waiting for more sbcs to come and the rating update soon
  • Benja190782
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    Solari wrote: »
    Waiting for more sbcs to come and the rating update soon

Me too!

Gameplay is definitely better in WC mode imho.
    I like the slower and more realistic gameplay. The passing is still a bit too ping pong-ish, but it’s better than in normal FUT no doubt.

I’m trying new young players out in WC mode and there is definitely some to watch out for in FIFA 19.

To me it’s the other way around - cuz normal fut is TOTALLY dead to me. Haven’t played ONE single game since WC was out.
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Lee321 wrote: »
    I really enjoy it and I think the people who are struggling are the people who constantly use pace abuse op players and it actually takes skill to win on this mode
    Looool

@lee321 is correct - far less AI involvement, you actually have to manually defend. Feels like Fifa 18 before they patched it because a few thousand people were crying it’s too hard. It’s just a shame there’s not much to do on the game mode.
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional

:D
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    BMANUTD wrote: »
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Lee321 wrote: »
    I really enjoy it and I think the people who are struggling are the people who constantly use pace abuse op players and it actually takes skill to win on this mode
    Looool

@lee321 is correct - far less AI involvement, you actually have to manually defend. Feels like Fifa 18 before they patched it because a few thousand people were crying it’s too hard. It’s just a shame there’s not much to do on the game mode.

Agreed pal I actually really enjoyed the game before the very first patch and like u said people started crying because they wanted auto defend because of there lack of skill
  • BettySwollocks
    What do we reckon now guys?

Still think this game mode is alive and kicking or have you seen sense?
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    tried to tell myself this game was fine but it isnt lol. they have made this game more about icons then the actual world cup
  • BettySwollocks
    Baners wrote: »
    tried to tell myself this game was fine but it isnt lol. they have made this game more about icons then the actual world cup

I thought I had a stacked team before. Opened 4 icon packs and got Maradonna, Lineker, Rui Costa and a duplicate Pele!

This is the WORST game mode I've ever seen haha
  • madwullie
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Tavman180 wrote: »
    The irony of someone playing 30 games in 3 days and calling it dead...

It has no variety. Nothing ironic about it at all. It's like normal FUT but you can only play tournaments and draft and you can only use base gold cards.

On top of that; there are so many casuals back playing that it's just mind numbing to play. When you're getting to the stage where you're beating people 10-0 every 3 games - its dead.

No... it’s dead when no-one is playing it. You played 30 games in 3 days!! There’s the irony. Nothing to do with game play or your immense ability to smash people 10-0.

If you ask me, this is nothing but a thinly veiled brag thread.

Also as someone with children it seriously concerns me that a teacher seems to have no idea what irony is... hope you don’t teach English :D

Dead can mean a number of things. It's a homonym. If something is boring - which World Cup mode certainly is - then it can be considered dead. I know what irony is, it just doesn't apply here.

For the record; I teach maths. Hope that allays some of your concerns.

I’ve never in my life heard someone refer to something as dead meaning boring. Anyone else familiar with this!?

I'm an English teacher and closest I've heard is for eg This party is dead - but to me this would be closer to empty although it could mean lifeless which is closer to boring
  • madwullie
    OT I love the wc mode. Hadnt touched normal fut since April and nothing is tempting me back. Not too fussed about the overloading of icons...its the more skilled gameplay I enjoy
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

Ha, what did you struggle to understand, due to a few missing comas.You see, what you have done here is proven how apt my comment actually was. What a sad little man you are.
    I’m gone I’m starting to worry about my own mentality by actually engaging with you.
  • BettySwollocks
    madwullie wrote: »
    OT I love the wc mode. Hadnt touched normal fut since April and nothing is tempting me back. Not too fussed about the overloading of icons...its the more skilled gameplay I enjoy

You think it's more skilled?
  • BettySwollocks

Ha, what did you struggle to understand, due to a few missing comas.You see, what you have done here is proven how apt my comment actually was. What a sad little man you are.
    I’m gone I’m starting to worry about my own mentality by actually engaging with you.

It was more the spelling errors.
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    WC mode and WL's during july and august should have some rewards transferable onto fut 19.THAT would make all of this super sweaty, what you all obviously miss.
  • madwullie

Well suits my playstyle more maybe. Less kick and run, easier to play slow considered pass and dribble game.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Truthurts wrote: »
    dead for you
    not dead for millions of casuals

This is the issue. I'm not a casual player. I'm a minimum Elite 3 player and have been in the top 100 in the past.

I've got idiots telling me to try it with new teams and experiment with different players when I've used them all before in normal FUT. It's more enjoyable to experiment with the new TOTS that have just been released.

Also not even worth winning the World Cup. It's way too easy for me. I've smashed every FIFA since FIFA 98 haha. 15k literally isn't worth my time to sit there and thrash a bunch of casual players.

As for the guy that referred to me as a kid earlier in this thread; I'm 25 years old and teach Maths.

25 is a kid, and not sure what teaching match has anything to do with. Give me a shout when your in your 50s....

Oh - and apparently you've been smashing Fifa since 98 - when you were 5 years old. I call bull cr*p. Either that or you shouldnt be teaching maths.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move

It has no variety. Nothing ironic about it at all. It's like normal FUT but you can only play tournaments and draft and you can only use base gold cards.

On top of that; there are so many casuals back playing that it's just mind numbing to play. When you're getting to the stage where you're beating people 10-0 every 3 games - its dead.

No... it’s dead when no-one is playing it. You played 30 games in 3 days!! There’s the irony. Nothing to do with game play or your immense ability to smash people 10-0.

Also as someone with children it seriously concerns me that a teacher seems to have no idea what irony is... hope you don’t teach English :D

Dead can mean a number of things. It's a homonym. If something is boring - which World Cup mode certainly is - then it can be considered dead. I know what irony is, it just doesn't apply here.

I’ve never in my life heard someone refer to something as dead meaning boring. Anyone else familiar with this!?

Calling something that is bad or boring dead is a very common phrase in England at least

Im english, and no its not.
  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero

Calling something that is bad or boring dead is a very common phrase in England at least

Hmm... maybe not from where you're from.

"Dead boring" is a very common phrase. My 8 year old niece often says it when she's told to do something she doesn't want to do!
  • BettySwollocks
    Truthurts wrote: »
    dead for you
    not dead for millions of casuals

This is the issue. I'm not a casual player. I'm a minimum Elite 3 player and have been in the top 100 in the past.

I've got idiots telling me to try it with new teams and experiment with different players when I've used them all before in normal FUT. It's more enjoyable to experiment with the new TOTS that have just been released.

Also not even worth winning the World Cup. It's way too easy for me. I've smashed every FIFA since FIFA 98 haha. 15k literally isn't worth my time to sit there and thrash a bunch of casual players.

As for the guy that referred to me as a kid earlier in this thread; I'm 25 years old and teach Maths.

25 is a kid, and not sure what teaching match has anything to do with. Give me a shout when your in your 50s....

Oh - and apparently you've been smashing Fifa since 98 - when you were 5 years old. I call bull cr*p. Either that or you shouldnt be teaching maths.

FIFA 98 was my first FIFA and I used to play FIFA 99 religiously after discovering if you pressed pass when through on goal it went in every time.

Exploiting the game at a young age.
  • BettySwollocks
    shushumiga wrote: »
    WC mode and WL's during july and august should have some rewards transferable onto fut 19.THAT would make all of this super sweaty, what you all obviously miss.

That's actually a very good shout. EA would never go for it though.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    edited June 2018

Well suits my playstyle more maybe. Less kick and run, easier to play slow considered pass and dribble game.

It's more skilled, because it's an even playing field, everyone has stacked teams. The advantages you get in Fut Champs are gone in World Cup. I believe that's why there is such an outcry on here, people are coming to the realisation that they aren't as good as they think they are, when their team advantage is removed.
  • lad33
    402 posts Sunday League Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »

It's more skilled, because it's an even playing field, everyone has stacked teams. The advantages you get in Fut Champs are gone in World Cup. I believe that's why there is such an outcry on here, people are coming to realisation that they aren't as good as they think they are, when their team advantage is removed.

I think there's an element of truth in there. But I don't think it's just that.

It plays different, that's all. One group of people will like that, one group won't and another won't care.

I don't think it's that much of a leveller. FUT is full of stacked teams. DKT was full of stacked teams. WL is full of stacked teams.

And there's plenty of people who've moaned all year to the meta NIF EPL teams that have been "way OP".

I don't like the WC mode because, to me, it's full of different ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I played a game yesterday where 4 of the 5 goals I conceded were rebounds, deflections or everyone falling over in the 6 yard box and a random toe poke.

Goals can be finessed from distance with ease. The defense can easily be broken. These aren't more skillful moves, it's just a different way of playing the game and adapting to the dynamics.

Low driven in FUT is deemed OP. In WC mode, crosses and heading seems to be the comment online as OP.

I just think there's differences in the gameplay, that suits different people and very quickly the collective latches on to the "exploits" and social sharing gets everyone up to speed on how to play that way.

Doesn't make it more skillful, just a different "skillset" if an 80% assisted game can be called skillful in the first place.
  • madwullie
    lad33 wrote: »

Hmm... maybe not from where you're from.

"Dead boring" is a very common phrase. My 8 year old niece often says it when she's told to do something she doesn't want to do!

Dead here just means really. Dead cold, dead hard, dead funny etc