WC Player Upgrades

Frankenberry
10214 posts Has That Special Something
For players with several IFs (or players with large downgrades from their FUT 18 NIF to their WC card), getting one MOTM/TOTT card will be huge for their World Cup rating.

Since this mode is mostly ruined due to 90% of teams having some combination of Maradona/Ronaldo/Pele, it'll be interesting to see which upgraded cards will be useful after a special card or two:

0y6BkuJ.png

Comments

• Frankenberry
    ssF7BxN.png
  • Frankenberry
    l8nae4S.png
  • Futfanatic
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Are you sure it works like that?
  • Migz1806
    64 posts Park Captain
    Pretty sure it wont work like that
  • jbunnerz
    1289 posts Professional
    Fairly sure it worked like this 4 years ago
  • Barbwinho17
    512 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well presumably the full backs and wingers will still be used
  • Idek
    10303 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2018
    Don't think it will work like that, the first upgrade for certain cards would be too big

maybe it will though, some players might only have 3 games to get an upgrade anyway
  • GedankeUlme
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    jbunnerz wrote: »
    Fairly sure it worked like this 4 years ago

I think four years ago all players got a +1 rating upgrade on their latest card which wasn't a TOTY/TOTS version. And they released them both in WC mode as a automatic update and the regular FUT in packs. The position only changed in normal FUT. Like Robben who had a iMOTM striker card in normal FUT but RM in WC mode.

It'll be interesting to see how the upgrades work. That being said, I'm still certain that 95% of all the upgraded players won't be better than the best Icons available of which most people have them already in their team thanks to that stupid SBC yesterday.

A 94 Brazilian Ronaldo will still be better than a 94 Lewandowski. Or a 93 Matthäus will be better than a 93 Kroos.
  • RebelRob
    5226 posts Big Money Move
    If that’s the case, I’m looking forward to Gabriel Jesus’ upgrades! If Brazil have a good run, he might be on par with the best strikers in wc mode as he’s already ridiculous.

@Frankenberry could you please humour me with a 88 Jesus mock up with +4’s from his 84IF if you don’t mind?

Cheers