R9 users

1
Ha88san
630 posts An Exciting Prospect
How to get the best out of him? I can't seem to get going with him. All fifa I've been used to Aguero but R9 is not like him. I know R9 is the best striker in the game but what should I be doing. Also what chem style is needed for him?

Comments

  • Certified_Baller
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ha88san wrote: »
    How to get the best out of him? I can't seem to get going with him. All fifa I've been used to Aguero but R9 is not like him. I know R9 is the best striker in the game but what should I be doing. Also what chem style is needed for him?

    Play him next to someone. I tend to use hawk chem style on him aswell. R9 is a player that takes time to get used to. He's not your agility type of player but more of a balance striker with a bit of everything. He's very good at finnese shots and should take advantage of his weak foot. he's very clinical in the box to just use his weak foot for your advantage. Very good at long shots aswell But at the end of day it's down to you. You need to learn to use him once you get use to him he's ridiculous.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hold l2 then pass in the box = goal.

    No defender can knock him off the ball.

    You just got to create chances for him. He'll take em
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ha88san wrote: »
    How to get the best out of him? I can't seem to get going with him. All fifa I've been used to Aguero but R9 is not like him. I know R9 is the best striker in the game but what should I be doing. Also what chem style is needed for him?

    Play him next to someone. I tend to use hawk chem style on him aswell. R9 is a player that takes time to get used to. He's not your agility type of player but more of a balance striker with a bit of everything. He's very good at finnese shots and should take advantage of his weak foot. he's very clinical in the box to just use his weak foot for your advantage. Very good at long shots aswell But at the end of day it's down to you. You need to learn to use him once you get use to him he's ridiculous.

    Yeah I just got to be patient. What chem style u using on yours?
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Use Engine. He makes amazing runs with that chem, not really sure why they are so different than with other chem.
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Use Engine. He makes amazing runs with that chem, not really sure why they are so different than with other chem.

    Thanks I'll try it
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2018
    I use hawk on mine and play him alongside TOTS Son with TOTS Aguero at CAM.

    I think an important point is to not over rely on him, in my situation that front 3 take their chances and make their runs, so I score quite a few goals spread evenly across them.

    The goals I’ve scored with R9 at times are a bit different.. his conversion rate for “normal” non driven shots seem to be very effective at the weirdest of angles in the box. His finesse shots are also very good on the edge of the box.

    I disagree with the point made about him not being agile.. I’ve been practising the left stick dribbling and I find that R9 great to do it with. His close ball control is very good if you just use the left stick only and weave in and out.

    An example of imo him being more than agile enough:

    https://imgur.com/gallery/uPdjdIj
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BL86 wrote: »
    I use hawk on mine and play him alongside TOTS Son with TOTS Aguero at CAM.

    I think an important point is to not over rely on him, in my situation that front 3 take their chances and make their runs, so I score quite a few goals spread evenly across them.

    The goals I’ve scored with R9 at times are a bit different.. his conversion rate for “normal” non driven shots seem to be very effective at the weirdest of angles in the box. His finesse shots are also very good on the edge of the box.

    I disagree with the point made about him not being agile.. I’ve been practising the left stick dribbling and I find that R9 great to do it with. His close ball control is very good if you just use the left stick only and weave in and out.

    How's aguero cam? I tried neymar there and he just wasn't that good for me some reason?

    Is he LST or RST in your team? I think I've just got to get used to him tbh.
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ha88san wrote: »
    BL86 wrote: »
    I use hawk on mine and play him alongside TOTS Son with TOTS Aguero at CAM.

    I think an important point is to not over rely on him, in my situation that front 3 take their chances and make their runs, so I score quite a few goals spread evenly across them.

    The goals I’ve scored with R9 at times are a bit different.. his conversion rate for “normal” non driven shots seem to be very effective at the weirdest of angles in the box. His finesse shots are also very good on the edge of the box.

    I disagree with the point made about him not being agile.. I’ve been practising the left stick dribbling and I find that R9 great to do it with. His close ball control is very good if you just use the left stick only and weave in and out.

    How's aguero cam? I tried neymar there and he just wasn't that good for me some reason?

    Is he LST or RST in your team? I think I've just got to get used to him tbh.

    Aguero is brilliant there, I’ve used ADP/Ney/TOTS KDB, Aguero is great for how I use him. He’s not weak but obviously hasn’t got the height of KDB or Gullit for example, but I don’t need him for that. He’s a play maker for me, capable of that final pass and at times acts as a third striker in the box.
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah true that. Aguero one of very strikers in game. And his TOTS card is so versatile
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Ha88san I just added a link to my original post so you can see an example of what I’m talking about. Give it a go!
  • DeCaje
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ha88san wrote: »
    BL86 wrote: »
    I use hawk on mine and play him alongside TOTS Son with TOTS Aguero at CAM.

    I think an important point is to not over rely on him, in my situation that front 3 take their chances and make their runs, so I score quite a few goals spread evenly across them.

    The goals I’ve scored with R9 at times are a bit different.. his conversion rate for “normal” non driven shots seem to be very effective at the weirdest of angles in the box. His finesse shots are also very good on the edge of the box.

    I disagree with the point made about him not being agile.. I’ve been practising the left stick dribbling and I find that R9 great to do it with. His close ball control is very good if you just use the left stick only and weave in and out.

    How's aguero cam? I tried neymar there and he just wasn't that good for me some reason?

    Is he LST or RST in your team? I think I've just got to get used to him tbh.

    Which Neymar are you talking about? Because the POTY is insane there for me.. Although he's been playing RCAM/LCAM in a 4231 lately for me.
  • Denz
    2850 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you get clear sight of goal shoot.

    Use his strength and then his pace and dribble to get away. I find in or around the box let go of sprint and use a few skills or he is effective at just changing direction using slight touches to the left anolgue stick. When you have good sight of goal shoot.

    He sucks defenders in for me and has a great assist ratio for neymar and dinho.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    He's an absolute Joke to play against, strong as an ox and half a yard in the box = goal
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Marksman for me and no rush with him. Hold the ball, move nicely and he is smooth. When there is space like chicken b*thole just press shoot and it is a goal. Or trigger a run with him and pass him into box and any kind of shot it's a goal. When it is ptb against you, that is easiest part, just direct or finesse outside of the box and it is a goal.

    Point is, DON'T sprint and rush with him. And if you can/know use his dribble skills.
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BL86 wrote: »
    @Ha88san I just added a link to my original post so you can see an example of what I’m talking about. Give it a go!

    Yeah I'm going to have to use him on LST and finesse them shots. Looks so nice tbh!
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DeCaje wrote: »
    Ha88san wrote: »
    BL86 wrote: »
    I use hawk on mine and play him alongside TOTS Son with TOTS Aguero at CAM.

    I think an important point is to not over rely on him, in my situation that front 3 take their chances and make their runs, so I score quite a few goals spread evenly across them.

    The goals I’ve scored with R9 at times are a bit different.. his conversion rate for “normal” non driven shots seem to be very effective at the weirdest of angles in the box. His finesse shots are also very good on the edge of the box.

    I disagree with the point made about him not being agile.. I’ve been practising the left stick dribbling and I find that R9 great to do it with. His close ball control is very good if you just use the left stick only and weave in and out.

    How's aguero cam? I tried neymar there and he just wasn't that good for me some reason?

    Is he LST or RST in your team? I think I've just got to get used to him tbh.

    Which Neymar are you talking about? Because the POTY is insane there for me.. Although he's been playing RCAM/LCAM in a 4231 lately for me.

    95 version! Thought he gave away the ball alot. And because of the TOTS players he gets pushed off which is understandable as CAM isn't his main position
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    shushumiga wrote: »
    Marksman for me and no rush with him. Hold the ball, move nicely and he is smooth. When there is space like chicken b*thole just press shoot and it is a goal. Or trigger a run with him and pass him into box and any kind of shot it's a goal. When it is ptb against you, that is easiest part, just direct or finesse outside of the box and it is a goal.

    Point is, DON'T sprint and rush with him. And if you can/know use his dribble skills.

    Yeah I'm going to learn how to skill with him
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ideal trio plus boss of a manager :sunglasses:

    10203537_1_A6_A_4_B01_94_AD_791002371_B7_F.jpg
  • DicaniosGod
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Use the L1/2 button to protect the ball in or around the box, turn shoot, goal! He is very strong if you use the shield button well, so hard to get him off the ball without fouling him!
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BL86 wrote: »
    Ideal trio plus boss of a manager :sunglasses:

    10203537_1_A6_A_4_B01_94_AD_791002371_B7_F.jpg

    Wow that looks so lethal.. I've only got the 90 version of aguero and got the other 2
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I just got him on the WC mode. He's hard to get used to but his shooting. My gosh. My advice if you ever come up against him, foul him if you think he'll get space otherwise lol.
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    I just got him on the WC mode. He's hard to get used to but his shooting. My gosh. My advice if you ever come up against him, foul him if you think he'll get space otherwise lol.

    Hahaha.
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    I think it's medium/medium that takes a bit of getting used to. I've had Henry all game so kind of used to it now. Using the pair of them upfront just means I have to think about using a few triggered runs or 1:2s to get them mobile. Seems to work better on s slightly slower play style.
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    I've had him since his prime dropped and I found that when he was my main man he was disappointing (a brilliant card but disappointing, if that makes sense) when I got CR799 to partner him, taking the focus off him he's been banging them in, get an elite striker next to him so you're more focused on that player and he will shine
  • RebelRob
    6690 posts Big Money Move
    Just my 2 cents.

    Use engine chem style for the extra balance, agility and passing. He needs nothing else.

    Don’t sprint everywhere. The only time you really need to sprint is when chasing through balls or breaking through on goal. I also found that initially he was always knocking the ball so far ahead when sprinting it was easy to lose the ball as he would essentially just give it to them. Get used to slower dribbling, just use the left stick on its own and also l1 dribbling.

    Use in a 2 striker formation. With another decent striker they’ll focus on r9, use him to draw players away from your other striker and capitalise on that. When they start covering the other striker, r9 will have more space and will be in his own world.

    Shoot even when you don’t think it’s possible to score, he scores from silly angles and distances. Finesse from outside the box to the far corner. Use l2 power shots from distance on occasion.

    Most of all, practise with him. He’s special, and takes getting used to. His skill moves are silky, and sometimes I wiggle the right stick in no particular pattern and he does something spectacular and makes space. I’d like to think I was ok at skilling, but I can’t do with anyone else what I can with him.

    Also, this will score you a goal every 2 games i reckon if used correctly, the rabona fake shot stop. Use that when running into the box and stop on the edge, run slightly away from goal, so that, cut back inside and finesse far top corner. 50% of the time it will be a goal from the right angle and if he has space. Sometimes he can do it when being pressed, but against higher tots players and icons it’s not so effective.

    Most importantly don’t expect him to score 10 goals a game, because some games he might be a bit off and not do so well and miss a sitter. It happens, ‘it’s in the game’. The next few games he’ll score 3 hat tricks in a row.

    Enjoy him when he works well and don’t dwell on it when he isn’t spectacular. He will be amazing more often than not.

  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents.

    Use engine chem style for the extra balance, agility and passing. He needs nothing else.

    Don’t sprint everywhere. The only time you really need to sprint is when chasing through balls or breaking through on goal. I also found that initially he was always knocking the ball so far ahead when sprinting it was easy to lose the ball as he would essentially just give it to them. Get used to slower dribbling, just use the left stick on its own and also l1 dribbling.

    Use in a 2 striker formation. With another decent striker they’ll focus on r9, use him to draw players away from your other striker and capitalise on that. When they start covering the other striker, r9 will have more space and will be in his own world.

    Shoot even when you don’t think it’s possible to score, he scores from silly angles and distances. Finesse from outside the box to the far corner. Use l2 power shots from distance on occasion.

    Most of all, practise with him. He’s special, and takes getting used to. His skill moves are silky, and sometimes I wiggle the right stick in no particular pattern and he does something spectacular and makes space. I’d like to think I was ok at skilling, but I can’t do with anyone else what I can with him.

    Also, this will score you a goal every 2 games i reckon if used correctly, the rabona fake shot stop. Use that when running into the box and stop on the edge, run slightly away from goal, so that, cut back inside and finesse far top corner. 50% of the time it will be a goal from the right angle and if he has space. Sometimes he can do it when being pressed, but against higher tots players and icons it’s not so effective.

    Most importantly don’t expect him to score 10 goals a game, because some games he might be a bit off and not do so well and miss a sitter. It happens, ‘it’s in the game’. The next few games he’ll score 3 hat tricks in a row.

    Enjoy him when he works well and don’t dwell on it when he isn’t spectacular. He will be amazing more often than not.

    Thanks mate. That's some top advice there. I just need to stop thinking he will do something spectacular every game and just go with the flow.
  • SPAMPEBS
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    He's terrible. I use him as I have to now. But he's absolute trash. Tots Lozano is miles better in game.
  • benny_powers
    1317 posts Professional
    Don't try to sprint with him unless your clear behind the back line, he knocks the ball too far in front so can be dispossessed easily. LB dribbling is amazing with him and the best finisher in the game. Like using him with false 9 instructions so he drops a bit deeper and gets involved in the build up play.
  • RebelRob
    6690 posts Big Money Move
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    He's terrible. I use him as I have to now. But he's absolute trash. Tots Lozano is miles better in game.

    :D

    Let me guess, you 1-2 people to death and hold r2 constantly?
  • benny_powers
    1317 posts Professional
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    He's terrible. I use him as I have to now. But he's absolute trash. Tots Lozano is miles better in game.

    :D
Sign In or Register to comment.