England

Comments

• SwordsCPFC
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    G000ner wrote: »
    SwordsCPFC wrote: »
    How can Loftus cheek be selected over Wilshere ffs :D. Given the **** he's been saying about him all year, it seems like Southgate was never planning to include him, regardless of how well he played. It's not like we've got an abundance of central midfielders in the squad anyway. If you're not going to select Wilshere, at least select someone like Shelvey.

This tournament will be horrendous

you're joking right?

no

take it you haven't watched RLC this season then? People love to say that this midfield has "no creativity", but rlc definitely is creative. He can run at a defence with power, pick out a long ball and play anywhere across midfield. I'd take Wilshere as well granted but to call out loftus-cheek being in is ridiculous.

Watch this, I know you can't exactly base a player off YouTube vids but having watched him all season he's genuinely class
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    How can Loftus cheek be selected over Wilshere ffs :D. Given the **** he's been saying about him all year, it seems like Southgate was never planning to include him, regardless of how well he played. It's not like we've got an abundance of central midfielders in the squad anyway. If you're not going to select Wilshere, at least select someone like Shelvey.

you're joking right?

no

take it you haven't watched RLC this season then? People love to say that this midfield has "no creativity", but rlc definitely is creative. He can run at a defence with power, pick out a long ball and play anywhere across midfield. I'd take Wilshere as well granted but to call out loftus-cheek being in is ridiculous.

Watch this, I know you can't exactly base a player off YouTube vids but having watched him all season he's genuinely class

I'm not calling out Loftus Cheek as such, I actually don't have a problem with him being in the squad. I'd rather have taken Wilshere over one of the defenders. The issue is that Southgate's left out our best midfielder for no acceptable reason, and the spot's been filled by someone with no international experience. it's just another nail in the Wilshere coffin
  • SwordsCPFC
    237 posts Sunday League Hero

you're joking right?

no

I'm not calling out Loftus Cheek as such, I actually don't have a problem with him being in the squad. I'd rather have taken Wilshere over one of the defenders. The issue is that Southgate's left out our best midfielder for no acceptable reason, and the spot's been filled by someone with no international experience. it's just another nail in the Wilshere coffin

Defensive options are ridiculous. Delph, Young, Walker, Rose, TAA, Trippier. Wy do we need so many full backs?
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional

you're joking right?

no

Defensive options are ridiculous. Delph, Young, Walker, Rose, TAA, Trippier. Wy do we need so many full backs?

Starting to think you might be the actual Loftus.....
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    I am not sure I can watch and support a side with Kane as its captain. Very, very embarrassing time for our country.
  • G000ner
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    I am not sure I can watch and support a side with Kane as its captain. Very, very embarrassing time for our country.

agreed. bad role model for the young lads to look up to
  • AEsey
    6012 posts Big Money Move

This
    Don't think kane deserved it tbh
    At least Henderson didn't get it I suppose
  • Pxul_
    8036 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018

• caedite
    491 posts Sunday League Hero

Word is, the armband was tossed to someone else, but because it nicked Kane's shoulder, he claimed it.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Kane was the clear and obvious choice for captain. The only choice really.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1425 posts Professional
    Orikoru wrote: »

agreed.
  • Smiley_Utd
    1425 posts Professional
    have faith boys!
  • Tornado31619
    17314 posts World Class
    caedite wrote: »

Word is, the armband was tossed to someone else, but because it nicked Kane's shoulder, he claimed it.

Meh. Decent attempt, I guess.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional

He'll be happy regardless of how well England do as long as he gets the golden boot.
  • Pxul_
    8036 posts League Winner
    Orikoru wrote: »

Rather have anyone but him and henderson tbh
  • AEsey
    World cup preparations are underway
    What do you guys think after the first 5 mins
  • G000ner
    I think Young has to start for England, even if it's just for his ability from set-pieces. Tbh, I don't see us scoring another way so we may as well select him.
  • Pxul_
    8036 posts League Winner
    Who’s watching England when you can watch the sidemen game :joy:
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Harry Kane looks appalling right now, he is lucky that the Nigerian goalkeeper was up with the clouds when he finally hit the target. Donkey Dier also looks abysmal. These two will let us down this summer.

Alli looks good though.
  • G000ner
    getting dominated by Nigeria here.
  • G000ner
    pundits will discuss how excellent of a performance this was after the game
  • Orikoru
    I think Young has to start for England, even if it's just for his ability from set-pieces. Tbh, I don't see us scoring another way so we may as well select him.

It's just a slight shame that he absolutely no left foot at all. I did like the good delivery of both wing backs, but Young just cuts back inside every single time. If he could put a cross in with his left from time to time, he'd be tip top.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Still looks like 2010 style England only with not even half the talent
  • Orikoru
    Match was pretty good last night. Rashford was excellent and stated a good case for himself - I still think Sterling starts though against Tunisia.

Line-up prediction:
    Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Cahill
    Trippier - - - Henderson - - - Rose
    Dele - - - Lingard
    Sterling - Kane

Against Panama I think while see Rashford, Young, Maguire come in for Sterling, Rose, Cahill. Then against Belgium I think it will be Dier rather than Henderson, with Delph alongside him (one of Dele or Lingard drops to the bench). And if we have 6 points by then, I'd happily see Kane rested for the last 16 and Vardy play up with Sterling.
  • G000ner
    Of course Sterling should start

I'd happily see something along these lines
    Pickford
    Walker-Stones-Cahill
    Trippier-Henderson/Dier-Alli-Rose
    Sterling
    Rashford-Kane
  • AEsey
    id go for the one @G000ner did