►►► Serie A Lounge 2017-18 ◄◄◄ | Congrats to Lights, our Prediction League winner!

Comments

• Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    edited June 2018
    Di Marzio saying Morata is willing to join Milan and that he regrets not coming last year... Also reports in Netherlands (apparently a **** source though) that Depay has agreed personal terms.

Edit: Di Marzio says there is no agreement with Depay, just interest.
  • Big Matty T
    2636 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2018
    Rick wrote: »
    Di Marzio saying Morata is willing to join Milan and that he regrets not coming last year... Also reports in Netherlands (apparently a **** source though) that Depay has agreed personal terms.

I’m having trouble being excited about anything related to the club with ownership issues/uefa sanctions unresolved

Mostly pissed at Berlusconi...clearly this was some kind of money laundering operation or something by one of the most corrupt people on the planet

And yes I get that Li is making payments...but if he truly is that financially stable he should have already refinanced the Elliot debt like UEFA wanted...it’s all such a mess
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner

I’m having trouble being excited about anything related to the club with ownership issues/uefa sanctions unresolved

Mostly pissed at Berlusconi...clearly this was some kind of money laundering operation or something by one of the most corrupt people on the planet

And yes I get that Li is making payments...but if he truly is that financially stable he should have already refinanced the Elliot debt like UEFA wanted...it’s all such a mess

main-qimg-45e6a254494d86adb6c0e6f5de36d7da-c.jpg
  • Big Matty T
    2636 posts Fans' Favourite

main-qimg-45e6a254494d86adb6c0e6f5de36d7da-c.jpg

Just doesn’t make sense why we’re in this situation...Milan is a historical club...there had to be some legitimate group that wanted to buy it...why did Berlusconi land on Li? Very fishy
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    Women's football news.
    Juventus have bought someone I already knew.
    Eniola Aluko, formerly of Chelsea.
    Why do I know her?
    Because she was involved in a racism case in the England women's team, which was a big deal, and gained widespread coverage.
    Though apparently she's a pretty decent footballer as well. :D
    I'm not even interested in women's football, when I saw the news I simply thought "Oh, we bought that footballer involved in that racism case? Alright, good for us, at least the BBC will have to cover us now..."
  • I SiR MartY I
    5549 posts Big Money Move
    Women's football news.
    Why do I know her?
    Because she was involved in a racism case in the England women's team, which was a big deal, and gained widespread coverage.
    I'm not even interested in women's football, when I saw the news I simply thought "Oh, we bought that footballer involved in that racism case? Alright, good for us, at least the BBC will have to cover us now..."

That's a rabbit hole you don't want to go down with her and the coach.

He made a comment to her about her family, something along the lines of "don't let your family bring Ebola over from Nigeria"

She claimed racism, he denied it, it went to court, ruled in her favor, she got paid but never got called up again because she was apparently someone that ruined the team spirit.

He kept his job then it came to light he was sleeping with his players when he was coach at Bristol Ladies, offering sexual favors for spots in the first team as well, which got him fired from that job.

He then threatened to beat up two female officials at the Women's Euro's threatening one with a metal pole.

He then finally lost his job and people realized she wasn't lying, but she's yet to be called back up to the England team after all of it.
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Women's football news.
    Why do I know her?

He made a comment to her about her family, something along the lines of "don't let your family bring Ebola over from Nigeria"

She claimed racism, he denied it, it went to court, ruled in her favor, she got paid but never got called up again because she was apparently someone that ruined the team spirit.

He kept his job then it came to light he was sleeping with his players when he was coach at Bristol Ladies, offering sexual favors for spots in the first team as well, which got him fired from that job.

He then threatened to beat up two female officials at the Women's Euro's threatening one with a metal pole.

He then finally lost his job and people realized she wasn't lying, but she's yet to be called back up to the England team after all of it.

...yeah, that's the "racism case" I mentioned. :sweat_smile:
    Though I assume the coach sleeping with players thing is from tabloids, 'cause I never saw the BBC report anything about the specifics. Just "misconduct", I think.
    If she expects to not suffer racism in Italy she'll be sorely disappointed.
  • LoboNobo
    6419 posts Big Money Move
    Women's football news.
    Why do I know her?

Sounds like this guy is lovely.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Perin to Juve should be a "done deal".

12m + 3m bonus.

@Alemas_2012 not sure if you reported this already. :)
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class

12m + 3m bonus.

Alemas_2012 not sure if you reported this already. :)

It's been a "done deal" since ages. :D
  • Zambo9
    5185 posts Big Money Move

12m + 3m bonus.

time to buy Lewandosky, Milinkovic-Savic and Ronaldo now
  • Zambo9 wrote: »

12m + 3m bonus.

Don't forget Obama and Waluigi.
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Zambo9 wrote: »

12m + 3m bonus.

Don't forget Obama and Waluigi.

And Garfield.
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Hamsik could very well leave Napoli.
    Imagine them winning their first league title in years without him, and us winning CL without Buffon, right after them leaving.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

12m + 3m bonus.

Alemas_2012 not sure if you reported this already. :)

It's been a "done deal" since ages. :D

Yes but now it is almost official not a concrete possibility. And we have figures. And...you know...
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Hamsik could very well leave Napoli.
    Imagine them winning their first league title in years without him, and us winning CL without Buffon, right after them leaving.

Cannot imagine any of that happening.
  • L_immortale
    3077 posts National Call-Up
    Roma's most reliable journalist just tweeted that Roma have secured Justin Kluivert from Ajax for 15m + 5m in bonuses + a percentage of a future transfer fee.
  • Pughy30
    26259 posts Player of the Year
    Kluivert to Roma seems like such a risky move, from what i understand he had consistency issues when he was at Ajax so he'll have to step it up to compete in Italy
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    @VolpeDiFuoco_10...

...let's just hope he doesn't full off a Schick. :D
    I fully expect a #PER1N hashtag, given he's likely to get the #1 shirt.
    Yeah, apparently Sczsczezszcy will keep his number.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    @VolpeDiFuoco_10...

Somehow I want Perin to become our first choice goalkeeper.

I cannot even remember Juve with a non Italian goalkeeper apart from the 2 disastrous years with Van der Sar.
  • LoboNobo
    6419 posts Big Money Move
    @VolpeDiFuoco_10...

I cannot even remember Juve with a non Italian goalkeeper apart from the 2 disastrous years with Van der Sar.

Nah, Wojtek all the way
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    @JohnDoe, footyheadlines' grammar may be horrible, but at least they're topical.
    In their article about FIFA 19, the last line reads "Battle Royal mode? More licenses? What do you hope to see most in FIFA 19?"
    "Battle Royal mode". :joy:
    ...yes it's supposed to be "Battle Royale", but who cares.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    @VolpeDiFuoco_10...

Nah, Wojtek all the way

Haha yes but you are Polish. :)
  • Pughy30
    26259 posts Player of the Year
    Is Lucas Torreira as good as I've heard he's been linked with Arsenal now
  • JohnDoe
    11309 posts Has That Special Something
    @JohnDoe, footyheadlines' grammar may be horrible, but at least they're topical.
    In their article about FIFA 19, the last line reads "Battle Royal mode? More licenses? What do you hope to see most in FIFA 19?"
    "Battle Royal mode". :joy:
    ...yes it's supposed to be "Battle Royale", but who cares.

I noticed that. Spelling aside, it made me chuckle.
  • HBK1925
    1904 posts Fans' Favourite
    @VolpeDiFuoco_10...

Nah, Wojtek all the way

Agreed. I think hes become a fine keeper since his Arsenal days. I dont think I've heard of him having any personality issues afterwards so its looking good for him. It's nice that we got Perin but at the same time I feel bad for him if all he does is play Coppa Italias.
  • Neckabob
    13045 posts Has That Special Something
    Cristante ro Roma for 30m
    Lol at the pic they used to introduce him :D
  • Alemas_2012
    15669 posts World Class
    Neckabob wrote: »
    Cristante ro Roma for 30m
    Lol at the pic they used to introduce him :D

Not sure if cringe, clever, or both.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    @VolpeDiFuoco_10...

Nah, Wojtek all the way

Agreed. I think hes become a fine keeper since his Arsenal days. I dont think I've heard of him having any personality issues afterwards so its looking good for him. It's nice that we got Perin but at the same time I feel bad for him if all he does is play Coppa Italias.

Not sure it will be that way.

Szczesny will be first choice but I think Perin will play more than Coppa Italia matches. I have a feeling Juve will alternate a bit between them even in the league.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Btw Perin is official now.
This discussion has been closed.