Any OP Formations emerged in WC mode yet?

Ghazano
434 posts An Exciting Prospect
New gameplay should produce new formations that are OP.

Please don’t tell me it’s still the same 41212 narrow.

Comments

• AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I'm really really enjoying the 442 at the moment.
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    3-5-2 is decent
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    I really like 4-2-3-1, was using 4-1-2-1-2 (2) all year in normal fut.
  • Hoopsterz
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Got to say i always play my first game of any fifa 442 cos i feel its the most balanced but i never stick with it.

IN WC mode ive stuck with it. Seems solid defensively as well as always having options in attack.

Not sure if id say its OP quite yet as i haven't tried any others but definitely a very usable option.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Got to say i always play my first game of any fifa 442 cos i feel its the most balanced but i never stick with it.

IN WC mode ive stuck with it. Seems solid defensively as well as always having options in attack.

Not sure if id say its OP quite yet as i haven't tried any others but definitely a very usable option.

I've tried 41212, 442 (both varients), 4231 (both) and my favourite is 442. I've still got to get used to it though. Weird having two CMs instead of a CAM and a CDM.
  • Kingofpro66
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Clearly 4-4-2 as its one of the most balanced formation.
  • forearms
    5141 posts Big Money Move
    Waspy wrote: »
    3-5-2 is decent

I does seem better in WC mode defensively. I am playing it due to a lack of good LBs on my squad. Much easier finding 3 CBs.
  • madwullie
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    I've tried
    433(5)
    433(2)

I always start with 433(5) as I dream of proper tiki taka in fifa, and despite it being better than it is in vanilla fut (wingers more involved imo) it's impossible to get the players to be close enough to each other to play confident tiki taka and the best I've found for this so far is sadly 4321.

If anyone has advice for making players play closer together I'd love to hear it. Going to try both wingers on come short and come.back on defence later to see if it makes a difference.
  • Ghazano
    434 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have to say I’m winning most of my games right now with the 4222.

This is a formation which I have never liked in any previous FIFA and has never worked even just a little bit for me up until now.
  • joehuk
    4291 posts National Call-Up
    Waspy wrote: »
    3-5-2 is decent

using 352 and really enjoying it.

433(2) is also very good
  • ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    3-4-2-1 has been good and my LM & RM are slow as hell
  • DicaniosGod
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    3412 you need 3 decent defenders, I have Boateng Blanc and Varane! :D
  • ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up

Must be nice to have 2 useable strikers. Only 80+ one I have gotten so far has been Mandzukic
  • MehmetISuarezI
    3490 posts National Call-Up
    I feel like wing play and crossing is way better and more effective in the wc mode
  • HelloDearie
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    5212 is very good for me. Kinda got forced into it due to an abundance of defenders and no midfielders. First run with it last night and won the whole mode. Needs solid wingbacks though. I have been lucky enough to get Alex Sandro and Carvajal.
  • DicaniosGod
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    ICUP wrote: »

Must be nice to have 2 useable strikers. Only 80+ one I have gotten so far has been Mandzukic

Got R9 in the icon sbc! I have Mbappe Vardy Lacazette Or Lewandowski to partner him :D
    Still trying to get Ronaldo!!!

• BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    Still loving 4312, but 4231 is still OP with a good target man.