• Elloelloello
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    Villa

Villa

Vilaaaaa

Villa
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    Wasn't pretty at all but that's job done. Saying that still thought we had the better chances, really can't think of a decent attempt from Boro.

Bring on Fulham
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Villa

Villa

Vilaaaaa

Villa

Holy ****. What an incredible performance of their only song.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    We were way too one dimensional in that first half. Fulham have shown a lot more creativity with their play.

Hutton at left back is killing me. :(
  • Ahmer50x
    19954 posts Club Captain
    Unlucky lads. Good luck next year!
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Another season in the Championship. FML.

Fulham deserved the win. Much better brand of football.

If we are going to be serious about getting back into the top flight we have to get rid of the old deadwood we keep clinging onto season after season. Hutton has to go. Elmohamady is not good enough. Jedinak and Terry are too tired. Snodgrass looks 5 years older than he is at times.

Its time to start embracing our younger talent a lot more. It pains me when I think that Fulham have a 17 year old talent by the name of Ryan Sessegnon and we have Alan Hutton.
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    Really gutted. Knowing how massive this was to the future of the club it hurts a lot. If reports are true about how serious our financial problems are then it's going to be a tough next couple of months. I'm going to miss the likes of Snoddy and Terry, two players who I feel really changed things at the club. Pretty much certain they won't be here next season, I just pray we can manage to hold onto Chester and Grealish somehow.

Then it's back to Bruce again. My opinion for a long while now has been if we go up he goes, if we stay down he goes, this hasn't all changed because of today. He seems to be a very good bloke and has given us some good moments this season but it's only fair to say that he's completely failed at the task he was meant to do, again if the financial problems are serious and we basically have to start fresh, for me personally we move on and go a different route.

Will be interesting what happens over the summer I guess.
  • Pxul_
    8237 posts League Winner
    Don’t worry guys you’re not the only ones disappointed off last night :#
  • Elloelloello
    869 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2018
    Bye John
  • GaryWackett
    55 posts Park Captain
    Villa surely a good punt to join Sunderland next season, couldn't have happened to a nicer club, sad! :)
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    You took a big financial gamble and it's failed, think you've blown it. Xia has even admitted you are in a struggle with FFP now those payments are drying out.
  • GaryWackett
    55 posts Park Captain
    what's his pHd in, ruining clubs? haha boom boom
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited August 2018
    Our new season is about to get underway, and to be honest this is the first time that I don't have any optimism whatsoever. I fully expect a lower mid table finish with our current squad.

Just a few quick thoughts though, there are a couple things to be happy about oddly enough. Grealish has stayed put for the time being and we've brought in a promising young keeper on loan from Atletico who should do pretty well in this division.

However the overwhelming thought I have is that Tony Xia failed us big time. He was a fraud who made us look silly with his antics and his extremely bold ambitions. We do have ourselves a couple of new owners, so not all is lost I suppose. I really don't want to know exactly what our current financial situation is. Let's all just accept that its a right mess.

Steve Bruce remains at the helm, which to me is a worrying sign. His style of football is so outdated. I hope he doesn't last much longer and that we get someone in with a fresh plan.

As it stands anywhere between a 13th and a 17th placed finish is a reasonable prediction I feel, unless something drastically changes over the next couple of months. We shall see.

• maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Great start, a nice surprise on the opening day. Three unlikely scorers in forgotten man Elphick, Elmohamady and Hutton. Bizarre. :D

I really hope we continue to get good results, Grealish might just stay for the whole season and be in it for the long term.
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    All the drama through this window and yet Chester and Grealish are still at the club. Very pleased.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Jed's gone to Charlton for the duration of the season, looks like new signing Nyland will be first choice keeper.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    2 wins from 2 to start the season. When was the last time we did that? :D

Its also nice to see that the goals are being shared and we're not relying on Grealish and Jimmy.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Let's say Villa win the league with Bruce. Would any of you given his track record trust him in the Premier League? Would you want him to remain as manager?
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    Not a chance. I'm surprised he's still in charge as it is.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Let's say Villa win the league with Bruce. Would any of you given his track record trust him in the Premier League? Would you want him to remain as manager?

Hell no.

The guy has failed at every job in the Prem.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    That's the thing, if you got promoted then he is guaranteed to be given some decent time in the Premier League. Given his track record, could be a disaster and back to square one.

Only positive I can say about still having Bruce is that at-least you don't have Steve McLaren.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    We had to drop points at some stage. Would of liked to win away at Ipswich though.

Nevertheless, 4 games played this season and we still haven't left the pitch as losers. I'm fully content with that.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Nice to see El-Ghazi get an assist on his debut, I can recall being linked with him in the past so its no surprise that hes been brought in.

Two draws in our last two home games. I did expect to come away with three points against Reading so I can't say I'm happy. Still content at the moment, but we should really be doing better. We need to be winning as many games as possible at home.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    In the grand scheme of things Bruce has really underperformed. You should be walking this division.

Can see Moyes taking over sooner then later.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    edited August 2018
    I think most want Bruce to walk, including myself. Theres no doubt that hes hampering any sort of progress we could be making.

Moyes is not the answer though. His attitude towards the Sunderland job was pathetic and we definitely don't need any more negative vibes right now.
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    In the grand scheme of things Bruce has really underperformed. You should be walking this division.

Can see Moyes taking over sooner then later.
    I'm just really fed up of him and have been for so so long. It's going to be a fantastic day when he finally goes. Everything that happened over the summer and yet again Bruce has somehow ended up with one of the best squads in the league yet there's not a chance he'll get us up.

I was even on board with the Henry idea which just about sums up my feeling towards Bruce.

• IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I think most want Bruce to walk, including myself. Theres no doubt that hes hampering any sort of progress we could be making.

Moyes is not the answer though. His attitude towards the Sunderland job was pathetic and we definitely don't need any more negative vibes right now.

I 100% agree with you but that is the sort of decision I can see you making. That or even worse Pardew.

• maTTeOs_mAZzA

I 100% agree with you but that is the sort of decision I can see you making. That or even worse Pardew.

God help us if Pardew is even considered when Bruce goes.

I'm hoping for someone abroad. We can't be bringing in any more failed managers. I look at Wolves with such envy these days, and I never thought I'd say such a thing.