Let's talk about Maradona

Comments

• Hibee
    12538 posts Has That Special Something
    He is amazing. The most fun player I have ever used. Preferred the 95, just feels better in every area. Plus the player model is the one most would recognise.
  • jplumber
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2018
    I love that you still use Baka. The state of this game...honestly!
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite
    jplumber wrote: »

I don't anymore. This is my team now:

ef70b33251c4a4c0bf2e2a8d765f0c17.jpg
  • LSB1210
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tried the 91 for about 30/40 games and loved it, so fast and smooth on the ball with a magic left foot. I find prime Hagi to be very similar but not quite on his level. Can't wait for his prime to be released.

Just like they were in real life too...
  • Byrnzie28
    edited March 2018
    So, here's a question:

Maradona - CAM or ST?

I'm thinking of putting EOE Pirlo in at CAM and then switching him for Hagi, whilst benching MVB and bringing him on at the 60th minute as Maradona has low stamina.

Anyone else use Maradona at ST? How is he?

778dffe857f67084ce0dd809173afcae.jpg
  • Sporter
    738 posts Semi-Pro
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    So, here's a question:

Maradona - CAM or ST?

I'm thinking of putting EOE Pirlo in at CAM and then switching him for Hagi, whilst benching MVB and bringing him on at the 60th minute as Maradona has low stamina.

I will try his loan this weekend at striker. Weirdly, Basic chem style looks the best on him, something which no other outfield player I’ve used can claim.

Have you tried switching Blanc and Petit too?
  • Byrnzie28
    Sporter wrote: »
    So, here's a question:

Maradona - CAM or ST?

I will try his loan this weekend at striker. Weirdly, Basic chem style looks the best on him, something which no other outfield player I’ve used can claim.

I tried Petit at CDM before but he was useless. Kept going missing. Whereas Blanc at CDM is superb.
  • Byrnzie28
    Sporter wrote: »
    So, here's a question:

Maradona - CAM or ST?

I tried Petit at CDM before but he was useless. Kept going missing. Whereas Blanc at CDM is superb.
  • Fifabing
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah, keep blanc at CDM, and petit LCM, that's what I do. Curious to see how Maradona does for you. Got the loan for WL, and really tempted to do the SBC.
  • Pezza1984
    816 posts Semi-Pro
    I’ve completed his loan card to try out in the weekend league, that 3 star weak foot worries me at CAM so I’m hoping his avoids weak foot compensates that.

If he’s better than ADP Prime I will trade him and Larsson Prime in for him.
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Pezza1984 wrote: »
    I’ve completed his loan card to try out in the weekend league, that 3 star weak foot worries me at CAM so I’m hoping his avoids weak foot compensates that.

3* WF isnt a huge problem. He can still finish with his right quite well, and because of his insane dribbling and 5* SM its usually quite easy to switch the shot to his left
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    My team with prime version

IMG_20180302_090335.png
  • ItsOnlyAli
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jplumber wrote: »

I don't anymore. This is my team now:

ef70b33251c4a4c0bf2e2a8d765f0c17.jpg

That is one sexi team
  • Byrnzie28
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    My team with prime version

IMG_20180302_090335.png

Nice
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finally! Just waiting for R9 and Maldini now and I'll have all the primes I want :smile:
    21j7k3l.png
  • Any tym7
    1397 posts Professional
    edited March 2018
    Been playing with his prime loan card and marradona is god in cam

Cant wait to get him ive had prime del piero for 600 games now in cam and i cant wait to throw him and prime yashin in the maradonna sbc just need to save 1 mil for the squads plus another 380k for another cheap icon and ill be getting him next
  • Schweinhundt12
    865 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Brooooooo this loan prime is literally unreal .. like I feel as if it just makes the whole team play better and he's the central focus of every defensive aggression that opens up crazy plays for the unguarded . And these dribbles are just... you can literally spam the stick
  • byronw1983
    1610 posts Play-Off Hero
    His card is unreal. He’s everywhere, playing like 94’ when he had a body full of coke
  • Byrnzie28
    I think Ovvy likes him:

• Byrnzie28
    Anybody else notice that Maradona at CAM tends to drop deep a lot? I've instructed him to stay forward but he still ends up in the CDM spot a lot. It's frustrating the **** out of me.
  • Hive
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks for the documentary, @Byrnzie28. I wasn't aware of that series.
  • Byrnzie28
    Hive wrote: »
    Thanks for the documentary, @Byrnzie28. I wasn't aware of that series.

It’s good. I’m not sure how many players it covers, but I think it’s at least 20 - Maradona, Van Basten, Batistuta, Cruyff,etc.
  • Byrnzie28
    Anybody else notice that Maradona at CAM tends to drop deep a lot? I've instructed him to stay forward but he still ends up in the CDM spot a lot. It's frustrating the **** out of me.

Fixed. Changed from a 4-1-2-1-2 to a 4-2-3-1 formation and now he's on fire. Scored two goals today in Divisions that were carbon copies of his second goal against England in the '86 World Cup.

2fc90f1a852e15287228195d7ebe64a3.jpg
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16645 posts World Class
    Used him for the 9 out of the 20 games loan card. I absolutely love him. Wish I can afford him, what a card
  • Never ever worth it Ronaldinho is sooo much better
  • Williejno1
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Pezza1984 wrote: »

3* WF isnt a huge problem. He can still finish with his right quite well, and because of his insane dribbling and 5* SM its usually quite easy to switch the shot to his left
    Agreed I was around 15 games in using the 91 before I realised he was a lefty he was banging them in from all angles with his right as I was playing him to That side
  • Fifabing
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    His 97 was amazing. Anyone who says he was crap, or his WF is a problem didn't use him long enough, or it's just not their play style, which is fine. But really, this card is one of the best cards I've ever seen in FUT. I will do his Prime SBC, but I kinda want to see what R9 SBC is like before I do it, if R9 is released before fifa 19.
  • Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    What Chem Style do you guys use on prime Maradone, tried Finisher, doesnt seem to make a difference. Overall hes too weak and too slow, if you are not into tricks. The stats on the card dont match his game performance
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    I packed him in world cup mode but not impressed , he is to short and weak. Good shoots and dribbling though.